Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why I Think They Won't Make A Sims 5| YET.......

Leahmiller2006Leahmiller2006 Posts: 354 Member
edited April 2018 in Off Topic Chat
EA can't be done with the Sims 4 as it still has plenty of things to be added and if I was a game maker I wouldn't add a new game until one is done. Also on their Instagram post they said a Sims 4 Experience not Sims experience. My final point is they only just released the Sims Mobile, surely they won't Make a Sims 5 so soon. :)
Let Your Smile Change Your World, But Don't Let The World Change Your Smile.

5K Mud Run For Cancer Research, 14 July 2018.
Sims 4, 25th December 2014

Comments

• Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    Your post title is misleading.... but yeah I don’t think we’ll get a Sims 5 before 2020 either. Whether we get one that year or not... remains to be seen.
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    I don’t think you need to worry about TS5. The recent rumor is that TS5 is not in the works at all.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    elelunicy wrote: »
    I don’t think you need to worry about TS5. The recent rumor is that TS5 is not in the works at all.

Good to know ;D

• Options
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »
    Your post title is misleading.... but yeah I don’t think we’ll get a Sims 5 before 2020 either. Whether we get one that year or not... remains to be seen.

:blush: And I could wait longer than 2020 :smile:

• Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I think you should add something to your title .. like yet or for awhile.

I do agree with you though. I think we are going to keep getting content both revamped ideas (like seasons, university, stardom of sort, witches ect) and new ideas also. I think this game was built to stay awhile and I'm glad for it. It's kind of tough to wait sometimes but exploring the packs is fun. I still haven't done it all. I think this puppy will be around for years and years.
    I do think there will be another Sims game eventually though just not on the time line people keep bringing up, comparing or assuming it will run on.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    It would take years to complete TS4 though. Any chance of cars, Open World, CASt, and CAW?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    It would take years to complete TS4 though. Any chance of cars, Open World, CASt, and CAW?

But if they put Open World and that in Sims 5........

• Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    The question is if TS4 will be technically manageable after Seasons. TS3 was broken after Island Paradise.
  • Options
    The question is if TS4 will be technically manageable after Seasons. TS3 was broken after Island Paradise.

Good Point :hushed:

• Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member

I think there is a chance for cars. This game wasn't built for open world. CASt and CAW will probably not come.. personally I hope they don't. Yes it will take years to complete this game in the way the past ones have been completed with content. This is still a sims game with many fans so it only makes sense that it will finish.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    I love sims 4 and I don't want a sims 5 :tired_face:

• Options
    cactusjuicecactusjuice Posts: 573 Member
    edited April 2018
    I'm not sure if their engine will allow them to do full revamps of seasons etc only partial elements of those previous packs able to be incorporated into S4, so in this regard I hope for Sims 5 quicker so they can actually make packs that are fuller and more expanded upon than any we've had in the past. But I think they will keep milking this with rudimentary packages and half price sales
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    They've always said we shouldn't use past release patterns to predict current ones. They've also said they want to use S4's live service thing to extend it's life (monthly patches and the like). So am I surprised S5 isn't being worked on yet? Nope. But then I don't expect S4 to be over at the same time past games have been either. They've never said it'd be done in 2019, or 2020. That's all been ideas Simmers have come up with.

Even if they started Sims 5 now, and it takes 3-4 years to get it out, that'd still be on the timeline for the game. Everyone expects them to be in some sort of rush, when they're not. There's no actual 'deadline' for the Sims 4 that's about to come to pass. People act like if Sims 5 doesn't come out next year, it never will. Nothing factual has been brought up to support that though. Sims 4 doesn't have to stop on the exact day that Sims 3 did or something.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    cactusjuicecactusjuice Posts: 573 Member
    edited April 2018

Well they added toddlers 2 years into the game so I cant see why the other elements can't come into play. I mean Sims 4 is all over the place with what they should release and when they should release it
  • Options
    I'm not sure if their engine will allow them to do full revamps of seasons etc only partial elements of those previous packs able to be incorporated into S4, so in this regard I hope for Sims 5 quicker so they can actually make packs that are fuller and more expanded upon than any we've had in the past. But I think they will keep milking this with rudimentary packages and half price sales

Hmm good point and I hope they have lots of half price sales :D:p

• Options
    They've always said we shouldn't use past release patterns to predict current ones. They've also said they want to use S4's live service thing to extend it's life (monthly patches and the like). So am I surprised S5 isn't being worked on yet? Nope. But then I don't expect S4 to be over at the same time past games have been either. They've never said it'd be done in 2019, or 2020. That's all been ideas Simmers have come up with.

Even if they started Sims 5 now, and it takes 3-4 years to get it out, that'd still be on the timeline for the game. Everyone expects them to be in some sort of rush, when they're not. There's no actual 'deadline' for the Sims 4 that's about to come to pass. People act like if Sims 5 doesn't come out next year, it never will. Nothing factual has been brought up to support that though. Sims 4 doesn't have to stop on the exact day that Sims 3 did or something.

Correct but they did just release The Sims Mobile.

• Options

Well they added toddlers 2 years into the game so I cant see why the other elements can't come into play. I mean Sims 4 is all over the place with what they should release and when they should release it

Very good point! I like this one!

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2018

Why would you say that? The island was broken - not the game. I bought ITF and had no issues with that pack and that came after IP. So the game was not broken but routing in IP was indeed a problem that could be avoided by not playing in that broken world or fixing it. It was fixable if you look around. I fixed mine and also downloaded others worlds that used everything even hidden Islands used in IP and had/have ZERO issues. ITF plays fabulously as do most of the worlds - the IP world was not the only Maxis world with issues either - believe me several had issues - you are better off if not using user worlds to play the store worlds (except the pirate one it has a few issues) - most of them are amazing and have no routing issues. Want IP type play - go look for Reflongs world - they play flawlessly.

No because a world has issues - don't say the game is broken when it is not. I don't play broken games - I very much do play Sims 3 as well as sims 4 and even Sims 2 now and then. Difference is I don't play in a broken world that looking at the routing of you see is very much the issue. Unfortunately EA did not make it all that easy to fix them (their worlds do not go easily into CAW) and it takes a lot of time to do so even if you can manage to fix it. Luckily there are fixed versions out there - but on the other hand there are even better worlds that allow the same use by some Caw world builders. You can have a good IP experience without using the IP world. I often use all the buildings there in many other IP designed worlds - but it is often a lot of work.

But stating Sims 3 is broken to some of us is pretty funny when we know it isn't broken at all. It's simply has some boo-boos and they need to be healed. At least it can be healed.

I'd rather have the boo-boos and fix the game than to have half the play and content not there at all to avoid the game getting issues. I want a whole game with all the parts there (eventually)-and I'll fix it - just give me the stuff I need to do so - is the way I see it. You can't add something that does not exist or fix something that is not there. That matters more to me then getting an IP world that needs a new overhaul - at least I have all the stuff that's in IP and the tools and knowledge I need to make it perfect. I don't want a perfect game with no issues if it is missing the fun part of the game, never mind cannot alter the world or make a new world to make it better. When that perfect game does get issues it just shouts at us how much it lacks. That is the problem. We cannot fix Sims 4 if it gets issues - and add to that if it has so many limits in what it does have - it ends up looking more broken than any broken Sims 3 world.

It's not a comparation as they are not comparable at all. There are parts of Sims 4 I really adore - and right now it is not broken - not for me anyway - but I do worry about if it does break - I can't do a thing about it either. Sims games has always allowed us to fix them - it just took learning how - this one does not. So it makes it glaringly real that with content on the light side as well as experiences - and creativity very limited - well it is worrisome.

There is only 1 fault with Sims 3 - they did not change it up to 64 bit - and they should have so it can unitlize everything better and use more ram.

I'm sure there will be a Sims 5 if 3 or 4 years- I just hope all the parts (including tools) return so we simmers know with Sims nothing is impossible and it is more than just "playing with life" - for some of us.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Why would you say that? The island was broken - not the game. I bought ITF and had no issues with that pack and that came after IP. So the game was not broken but routing in IP was indeed a problem that could be avoided by not playing in that broken world or fixing it. It was fixable if you look around. I fixed mine and also downloaded others worlds that used everything even hidden Islands used in IP and had/have ZERO issues. ITF plays fabulously as do most of the worlds - the IP world was not the only Maxis world with issues either - believe me several had issues - you are better off if not using user worlds to play the store worlds (except the pirate one it has a few issues) - most of them are amazing and have no routing issues. Want IP type play - go look for Reflongs world - they play flawlessly.

No because a world has issues - don't say the game is broken when it is not. I don't play broken games - I very much do play Sims 3 as well as sims 4 and even Sims 2 now and then. Difference is I don't play in broken world that looking at the routing of you see is very much the issue. Unfortunately EA did not make it all that easy to fix them and it takes a lot of time to do so even if you can manage to fix it. Luckily there are fixed versions out there - but on the other hand there are even better worlds that allow the same use by some Caw world builders. You can have a good IP experience without using the IP world. I often use all the building there in many other IP designed worlds - but it is often a lot of work.

But stating Sims 3 is broken to some of us is pretty funny when we know it isn't broken at all. It's simply has some boo-boos and they need to be healed. At least it can be healed.

I'd rather have the boo-boos and fix the game than to have half the play and content not there at all to avoid the game getting issues. I want a whole game with all the parts there - I'll fix it - just give me the stuff I need to do so - is the way I see it. You can't add something that does not exist or fix something that is not there. That matters more to me then getting an IP world that needs a new overhaul - at least I have all the stuff that's in IP and the tools and knowledge I need to make it perfect. I don't want a perfect game with no issues if it is missing the fun part of the game. When tht perfect game does get issues it just shouts at us how much it lacks. That is the problem.

I can't really speak because I never played the Sims 3 but from my logic the reason the game 'didn't work' was because of the computer not the pack and EA really do put time and effort in so I agree 100% with your comment!

• Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I'm assuming if there is going to be a Sims 5 it's already being worked on. It takes years to make a game, so if they're not working on it already there probably won't be a Sims 5. With that said I think the sims 4 will last a couple of more years. Why? You can only add so much to a game before it starts to become unstable and unplayable on some computers and the sims are always marketed to run on older computers so when it becomes unplayable on the general audience's computers they make a new one. I'm not saying that it will become unplayable for most. The Sims 3 still runs pretty well on my laptop but it doesn't run well on a lot of people's computers. Anyhow there is still so much I want from the sims 4 and so much is still missing.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Apologies for the complaint, but it just feels like they've been cranking out lukewarm ideas lately. I'm not sure if they're willing to make something that will top Vampires.
  • Options
    peach1redpeach1red Posts: 245 Member
    Apologies for the complaint, but it just feels like they've been cranking out lukewarm ideas lately. I'm not sure if they're willing to make something that will top Vampires.

I want witches with the same set up as vampires. Witches are my favourite. Fairies and werewolves handled in the same way would be great.

As for the post..., Everyone's kind of already been saying the Sims 4 Will last longer... ^_^""
    My favourite colour is #E4717A, just like any other ordinary human girl.

My Simming site: https://peachrenardssims.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,966 Member

@cactusjuice I think you have hit the nail on the head! Game engine. When the developers get to the point of utter frustration and can prove to their management that any further efforts don't make sense on the the current game engine I think will be when they will start TS5. I hope they do not skimp on the game engine and that it is possibly cloud based.
  • Options
    HaskorentaroHaskorentaro Posts: 250 Member

Sims 4 engine was horrible from the get-co. Only sims 5 can save the series.
    Also the only reason people play the packs longer in sims 4 is because the variety is low and limited.
    tumblr_n5aovvMXfM1rwvdy0o1_500.gif
  • Options

@cactusjuice I think you have hit the nail on the head! Game engine. When the developers get to the point of utter frustration and can prove to their management that any further efforts don't make sense on the the current game engine I think will be when they will start TS5. I hope they do not skimp on the game engine and that it is possibly cloud based.

Makes Sense.