Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA Play - New Sims 4 Experience Speculation

Comments

• Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    edited May 2018
    Erpe wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    @LiELF The word apocalypse has different meanings as you can see on http://www.dictionary.com/browse/apocalypse But it usually means divine interference or in games more often universal destruction or disaster. It has more and more mainly come to mean the earth after a huge Third World War where all the nuclear weapons were used (a post apocalyptic world).

Believe me, as a longtime fan of apocalyptic and dystopian themes in fiction, I'm well aware. ;)

I was merely pointing out that artistically, it can be changed or expanded or focused to be whatever the creator wants.

Exactly. In fact there's a recently released movie that focuses on the aftermath of some type of apocalyptic event and no where in the movie is there any mention of exactly what happened.
    This still doesn’t seem appropriate for the Sims games though. Also it would quite strongly contradict TS4’s main theme about (almost) eternal happiness.

I don't think whether or not it's appropriate matters. What exactly is so far-fetched about an apocalypse compared to time-traveling (Sims 3), Superheros/Villians (Sims 2), or Supernatural Sims running around a modern world, co-existing freely with the average Sim?

We have Vampires that break into other Sims' homes and feeding on their life essence without their consent and aliens having the abilty to kidnap and impregnate male Sims without said consent. What's so innappropriate about the possibility of a desolate world or land in which a Sim may have to struggle to survive?

EDIT: I also fail to see how Aliens have always been "peaceful" like you say on page 7 of this thread when they can abduct you. Especially considering the impregnation, one could argue that's a form of assault.
    Post edited by AHolyToilet on
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I gotta say that although I would enjoy both an apocalypse theme and a superhero theme.. I don't think it's time for those yet. We still need more of the basics we've been expecting and are use too. Seasons, certain supernaturals, University ect. I have a feeling if a major pack came out that was these themes... there were be ramifications (can't help but giggle though at that). I know I could wait a little longer but I might head for the hills or watch the fireworks in a safe place.

You never know what they might do. They could pull another sneak surprise like they did when they announced Vampires. Remember how the family players were raging that a supernatural pack was coming before toddlers? But then suddenly...the "Children of the Night" came out of nowhere in a free patch right before the pack released, lol...and everyone was happy for a while. So maybe they'll do something unexpected like suddenly patch in weather and release a big magic/witches/druids etc. expansion pack. It'll be "The Season of the Witch". :D

Okay, okay, they probably won't. But it's a nice thought anyway. :)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    I gotta say that although I would enjoy both an apocalypse theme and a superhero theme.. I don't think it's time for those yet. We still need more of the basics we've been expecting and are use too. Seasons, certain supernaturals, University ect. I have a feeling if a major pack came out that was these themes... there were be ramifications (can't help but giggle though at that). I know I could wait a little longer but I might head for the hills or watch the fireworks in a safe place.

You never know what they might do. They could pull another sneak surprise like they did when they announced Vampires. Remember how the family players were raging that a supernatural pack was coming before toddlers? But then suddenly...the "Children of the Night" came out of nowhere in a free patch right before the pack released, lol...and everyone was happy for a while. So maybe they'll do something unexpected like suddenly patch in weather and release a big magic/witches/druids etc. expansion pack. It'll be "The Season of the Witch". :D

Nearly everything in your comments is getting me a bit hyped. Not complaining, but still. :P
  • Options

Nearly everything in your comments is getting me a bit hyped. Not complaining, but still. :P

Oh no. Now the pressure is on me. :D

But I think I'm even hyping myself up too much, haha. I really want some new fun gameplay and surprises.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I've had a few blows to expectations once I got fully on the hype train. I'd rather stay in the more distant speculation mode. It alll sounds good. I'm going with that. *Still think it's the Season of the Witch too.. nyah*.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited May 2018
    IceyJ wrote: »
    Cheekybits wrote: »
    bixters wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    He is - but I hear he also oversees the gps as well. But usually he only seems to show eps which he is head dev and producer of. So it would make sense to be an ep.

Hmmmm - his favorite things??? Could be anything.... I know his wife, and his Corgi, Peaches, are very special to him- but we've already got dogss and marriage. He likes games of all kinds and making games - but can't imagine an ep game about games - I think I heard a few times he likes History... but can't imagine how that would work into an ep - .... I'm at a lost.... He really keeps what he likes pretty much to himself compared to some Sims Guru's. I have no idea.

Could it be a Sims Medieval type spin off? I do wonder what period in history they would choose.

His favorite theme is Apocalypse. He stated that on the cats and dogs live stream.

He also stated that the Apocalypse theme had been scrapped and they weren't going to do it. :'(
    He wouldn’t either be able to persuade EA to do it for the Sims games. So he would need to switch to some other game if he wants to do this theme.

Except that it was a theme that was considered. EA sent out questionnaires in the early days of Sims 4 that listed a variety of themes, to see what simmers were interested in, and Apocalypse was one of them. So if EA had received a lot of interest in it, they might have done it. But Grant Rodiek said in a live stream that he had really wanted to do a Fallout style Apocalypse but it got passed over.

Although there is the possibility that they instead chose to go another direction with a similar theme. They could do a natural disaster apocalypse, or Alien invasion instead.
    I just can’t see it as something that would suit a Sims game because it is about a divine power coming to earth and removing all evil beings. To me it seems as a theme for a RPG game or a war game instead. Or it could be a survival game where we would have to fight hard just to survive.

Aliens in Sims games have always been peaceful and any kinds of big disasters would be against the whole spirit of the Sims games.

In ts3 seasons, you could fly around in a ufo, shooting lasers down at sims on the ground. Hardly peaceful.
    Okay. But you couldn’t kill them could you? ;)

With the meteors, you could. ;)
    But that was just nature wasn’t it? ;)

Sims have never been able to kill other sims (or even animals) and I doubt that they ever will.

Aliens can summon the meteors. I use it sometimes when I want to trim down the population. So yes, there is killing in the game. :) But as others have clarified, the use of this theme does not require any killing.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    @LiELF The word apocalypse has different meanings as you can see on http://www.dictionary.com/browse/apocalypse But it usually means divine interference or in games more often universal destruction or disaster. It has more and more mainly come to mean the earth after a huge Third World War where all the nuclear weapons were used (a post apocalyptic world).

Believe me, as a longtime fan of apocalyptic and dystopian themes in fiction, I'm well aware. ;)

I was merely pointing out that artistically, it can be changed or expanded or focused to be whatever the creator wants.

Exactly. In fact there's a recently released movie that focuses on the aftermath of some type of apocalyptic event and no where in the movie is there any mention of exactly what happened.
    This still doesn’t seem appropriate for the Sims games though. Also it would quite strongly contradict TS4’s main theme about (almost) eternal happiness.

Which EA might see as a good thing, since they've acknowledged that many of us DO NOT want eternal happiness.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    They're probably going to talk about Sims Mobile and ports as being a new way to experience The Sims. Which it is, but I ain't getting it.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Well I think were getting supernatural twist version next with robots being a life state.

• Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    Kate
    @SimGuruKate
    Sul Sul! I've been bursting to share this with you all and now I finally can! I have officially accepted the position of Global Community Manager for @TheSims! Read more here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/939837/hello-from-your-new-community-manager/p1?new=1

2:19 PM - May 15, 2018
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    edited May 2018
    Stormsview wrote: »
    Kate
    @SimGuruKate
    Sul Sul! I've been bursting to share this with you all and now I finally can! I have officially accepted the position of Global Community Manager for @TheSims! Read more here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/939837/hello-from-your-new-community-manager/p1?new=1

2:19 PM - May 15, 2018

Isn't it wonderful? :) By the way this was posted at the top of the forum. I just hope simmers give her time to get up to speed.
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

Yea I saw that! went right to the links.... :) She is the Best person for the Job. :)
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member

Which EA might see as a good thing, since they've acknowledged that many of us DO NOT want eternal happiness.
    As usual EA doesn’t care about simmers in this forum. (Otherwise EA wouldn’t even have released TS4 without toddlers, pools, CASt and several other popular things!) But TS4 is mainly targeted at 11-14 yrs old girls who EA doesn’t want to become scared or sad because there are bad things in the game.

TS1 wasn’t targeted at this type of simmers in the same way. But even since each new Sims game has been more and more targeted at those very young girls because EA apparently knows that they get more Sims games than anybody else. Therefore EA told the devs to focus on happiness and happy partying in TS4 and less on family play, jealousy, hate and similar things which such young girls likely don’t like very much anyway. The change from EPs to now mainly SPs was also done because the young simmers more easily can persuade their parents to pay for the cheap SPs and the free stuff each month was included to keep them interested between the packs.

So EA knows very well what it has been doing! ;)
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    filipomel wrote: »
    I hope the new mobile game is an actual pay once and play port of the Sims 4, or something similar, I’m not interested in the Sims Mobile, the gameplay is too straight forward and repetitive for my tastes, I really hope they bring a true sims experience to mobile. From an aesthetic point of view it seems possible since Sims Mobile reuses a lot of game assets and animations from Sims 4 and still looks really good. From a simulation point of view, perhaps it would be a bit more simplified, but as long as the heart of what a Sims game is about is present, then I’d buy it in a heart beat.

I doubt that -
    EA already has two mobile Sims games (the Sims Mobile and the Sims Freeplay). So it will certainly take a couple of years before EA even considers to make a new mobile Sims game and it won’t likely happen before EA takes the game server down for at least one of the two existing mobile Sims games!

Also mobile Sims games have not really anything to do with the PC game as long as the mobile games are MMO games while the PC game still is just a traditional offline game.

Is it another sims mobile game or another maxis title? Seems a bit silly to have 3 mobile sims games.
    They had 4 mobile Sims games in the Sims 3 days (the Sims 3, the Sims 3 World Adventures, the Sims 3 Ambitions and the Sims Medieval). But they were just offline games that sold a little in a couple of years until they were removed again from the app stores by EA.

But the Sims Mobile and the Sims Freeplay are as mentioned very different because they are online games and live services that get updates and new content every week. So EA uses a lot of maintenance resources on those games.

If we compare with the PC games then they correspond with TS4 and not TS3 even though TS3 and its packs still are sold for high prices too. But EA doesn’t use maintenance resources on TS3 or make updates for that game anymore.

So to have two Sims game for mobile devices to make updates and maintenance for is already more than EA does for any other platform. Therefore I am quite sure that EA doesn’t plan to release any new games for mobile devices very soon.

The rumors about TS5 being only for mobile devices I view as just unfounded panic among simmers in this forum and I don’t believe those rumors at all.

Pretty sure simguruduke has Confirmed he's working on a new mobile title and less on console now. So looks like they are planning on another mobile game.
  • Options
    I hope the new mobile game is an actual pay once and play port of the Sims 4, or something similar, I’m not interested in the Sims Mobile, the gameplay is too straight forward and repetitive for my tastes, I really hope they bring a true sims experience to mobile. From an aesthetic point of view it seems possible since Sims Mobile reuses a lot of game assets and animations from Sims 4 and still looks really good. From a simulation point of view, perhaps it would be a bit more simplified, but as long as the heart of what a Sims game is about is present, then I’d buy it in a heart beat.

I doubt that -
    EA already has two mobile Sims games (the Sims Mobile and the Sims Freeplay). So it will certainly take a couple of years before EA even considers to make a new mobile Sims game and it won’t likely happen before EA takes the game server down for at least one of the two existing mobile Sims games!

Also mobile Sims games have not really anything to do with the PC game as long as the mobile games are MMO games while the PC game still is just a traditional offline game.

Is it another sims mobile game or another maxis title? Seems a bit silly to have 3 mobile sims games.
    They had 4 mobile Sims games in the Sims 3 days (the Sims 3, the Sims 3 World Adventures, the Sims 3 Ambitions and the Sims Medieval). But they were just offline games that sold a little in a couple of years until they were removed again from the app stores by EA.

But the Sims Mobile and the Sims Freeplay are as mentioned very different because they are online games and live services that get updates and new content every week. So EA uses a lot of maintenance resources on those games.

If we compare with the PC games then they correspond with TS4 and not TS3 even though TS3 and its packs still are sold for high prices too. But EA doesn’t use maintenance resources on TS3 or make updates for that game anymore.

So to have two Sims game for mobile devices to make updates and maintenance for is already more than EA does for any other platform. Therefore I am quite sure that EA doesn’t plan to release any new games for mobile devices very soon.

The rumors about TS5 being only for mobile devices I view as just unfounded panic among simmers in this forum and I don’t believe those rumors at all.

Pretty sure simguruduke has Confirmed he's working on a new mobile title and less on console now. So looks like they are planning on another mobile game.
    Nearly a month ago he wrote on Twitter that he now is working on a new Maxis title besides still working on the console game too. But I haven’t seen him write that this new Maxis title was a mobile game?
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    edited May 2018
    His LinkedIn says he's working on a mobile title.
  • Options
    Thanks @simgirl1010 I agree even though his tweet about a new Maxis project was from April 20, 2018. This confused me a little. But it has to be the Sims Mobile anyway IMO.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I can't think of anything I want less than cars, but that seems to be very popular, and would fit the idea of a 'Sims 4 experience'. Without an open world, it's a big hunk of clutter for your driveway, but I suppose there are some things they might do. I'm not sure if it would be possible to create one world that has a road grid - you'd still have to go through loading screens to enter a home or venue, but I guess you could drive your car around. (I'm trying to contain my excitement.) It could also be similar to Sims 2, in which everyone would pile into the car before disappearing into the rabbit hole or loading screen. There could be a new racing venue, and a car fixing/building hobby.

I think Seasons is going to be a fall drop, and June is too early to preview or announce it. Cars sort of go with summer, too.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    CocoapugsCocoapugs Posts: 70 Member
    They invited all the game changers so it has to be something big.
  • Options
    GelysenGelysen Posts: 214 Member
    The only reason I wouldnt mind cars is if Carpools would become a thing again like in the sims2.I loved seeing those cars show up and pick your sims up for work, and I would love garage doors as a clutter object but besides that I don't really get why people are so hellbound on getting cars compared to other stuff but to each their own.

I'd much rather get a big update that comes with more traits and non active careers tbh.. I'm really missing careers like teacher, paperboy, lawyer, daycare, firefighter (if active that would be amazing like in TS3 with ghostbusting,home designer and firefighter) ,weather man, news anchor I'd love to see more jobs.
    My sims 4 wishlist:
    -Spiral, L&U shaped stairs-More hair colors-Alternative fashion(Goth,Punk,lolita)-More rabbit hole careers-Witches,Plantsims,Werewolves.
  • Options
    I know that a lot of people are expecting an EP because SimGuruGrant will be at EA Play, and they might be right, but I re-read an interview with Grant that came out just after Cats and Dogs released, and he stated that he also oversees the Game Pack team. So it really could be almost anything.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

I doubt that -

My Dream would be a direct port of the Pc Version to Mobile and it being a single player mode and not free to play.
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    I've got nothing against mobile games in principle, but I can't play them because my eyes are not good enough for that much detail on smaller screens. I use a 27 inch monitor at low resolution so everything is big.
  • Options
    edited May 2018

Welp. Looks like two theories were just debunked in just two tweets:

1. Sims 4 will be around for quite a while.
    2. There's still a chance for an apocalyptic type pack.

Post edited by IceyJ on
  • Options

Welp. Looks like two theories were just debunked in just two tweets:

1. Sims 4 will be around for quite a while.
    2. There's still a chance for an apocalyptic type pack.

Whoooop!! Man, that was a difficult vote for me. I just wanted to vote, "yes".
    #Team Occult