Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CC end tables have shadow lines running through them.

catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
Many of my end tables have shadow lines for some reason. I don't know what to do about it. I don't see a batch fix for this. I'll do a picture if needed, it's enough to ruin the look of the object because of the shadow.

Comments

• Options
    BlackQueen12BlackQueen12 Posts: 51 Member
    That is from the patch/update pre Cats and Dogs. Been waiting to see if EA is going to fix it since they broke it. It isn't just cc either so they should.
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    That is from the patch/update pre Cats and Dogs. Been waiting to see if EA is going to fix it since they broke it. It isn't just cc either so they should.

If you remove your CC are the game end tables still having the issue? If so you should report it in PC/MAC Bugs & Gameplay Issues, I don't see a current thread for that issue:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-bugs-issues

It really sounds like you probably have a broken piece of CC. Try the 50/50 method to see if you can find the culprit.
    Put half of your mods/cc into the mods folder then start the game and see if the issue is still there. If the issue is not there, then you know that those items work okay with the game. Then you can test the other half of your cc/mods.
    If the issue is still there with the first half, you will need to keep testing them to see what is causing the problem. Then you will need to test the second half of your cc/mods too.
  • Options
    I've noticed it is some sofas, chairs, dressers too. I don't think it's one piece causing it all. It's not all CC, but it seems mostly older stuff.
  • Options
    catitude5 wrote: »
    I've noticed it is some sofas, chairs, dressers too. I don't think it's one piece causing it all. It's not all CC, but it seems mostly older stuff.

You need to run the Fix Objects for Cats & Dogs Patch at Sims 4 Studio. It only affects CC that is in your Mods folder at the time you run the batch fix. If you have added CC since the last time you batch fixed, you will need to do so again.

I'm so sorry, I misunderstood your original post. I thought you were talking about CC created after the batch fix.
  • Options
    I ran the cats and dogs, but I still have the shadow lines. It doesn't look like anyone else has this.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    @catitude5 are you using the most up to date version of Sims 4 Studio? The most current version is 3.1.1.4. There were a couple of different versions of the Cats & Dogs batch fix, it could be that your issue was caught later. You may need to delete your old version of S4S and install the new one, then run the Cats & Dogs batch fix.
  • Options
    Bananas_45 wrote: »
    @catitude5 are you using the most up to date version of Sims 4 Studio? The most current version is 3.1.1.4. There were a couple of different versions of the Cats & Dogs batch fix, it could be that your issue was caught later. You may need to delete your old version of S4S and install the new one, then run the Cats & Dogs batch fix.

All I could find was 3.1.1.5, there was no batch fixes in it. Where is the link to download 3.1.1.4?
  • Options
    AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    It’s not a cc issue, it’s a game issue. Even maxis items have the problem and they still haven’t fixed it.

It’s causes by the ssao setting in game so I turned it off in the graphicrules.sgr and now the problem is gone. On mobile but peacemaker on tumblr has a tutorial on how to turn off ssao.
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • Options
    @cattitude they must have updated right after I posted to you. 3.1.1.5. would be newer than 3.1.1.4. and the batch fixes would be under tools on the main menu (at the top of the page)

@Amiutza I really hadn't heard that this is a game problem. @Rosemow is there an official complaint thread about this?

Here is the link to Peacemaker's tutorial that you mentioned: http://peacemaker-ic.tumblr.com/post/145505386277/just-a-quick-mini-tutorial-on-how-to-remove-the
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Hello
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop, then start the game and see if the issues remain. If the issue still occurs on non-cc items, you may like to post feedback on this AHQ. EA thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-Problems-with-Lighting-in-TS4/m-p/5020554#M44058
  • Options
    AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    @Bananas_45 it is a game problem. I make custom objects myself and I know they worked fine before the patch yet became transparent after, even when I updated them. Also, game objects that come to mind is the roses on the wooden board that go against a wall from the romantic garden pack or a base game bookcase.
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • Options
    Aralie3209Aralie3209 Posts: 20 Member
    Sorry to bump an old thread, but is anyone still having this issue? I'm having it on non-cc objects too. Peacemaker's tutorial didn't solve the issue for me (I actually already had SSAO set to false). My game is up to date, so it seems it hasn't been patched out. I've done the Cats and Dogs fix also. It's definitely not a cc-specific issue. I've noticed it on quite a few game objects from various packs, and only one cc tv stand.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Aralie3209 wrote: »
    Sorry to bump an old thread, but is anyone still having this issue? I'm having it on non-cc objects too. Peacemaker's tutorial didn't solve the issue for me (I actually already had SSAO set to false). My game is up to date, so it seems it hasn't been patched out. I've done the Cats and Dogs fix also. It's definitely not a cc-specific issue. I've noticed it on quite a few game objects from various packs, and only one cc tv stand.

Hello @Aralie3209
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Delete the cache files
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
    Repair the game.
    Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues on the non-cc items. If the issue remains, it would be best to post screenshots of the non-cc items that have the issues on the AHQ EA site
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs