Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your favorite life stage?

Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member

What is your favorite life stage? 102 votes

Baby
0%
Toddler
3%
CamkatKpoiSimTresaAmylsims 4 votes
Child
5%
alanmichael1NindigoTS1299LiaRose1435I_Wanted_To_Be_EdgyStarryEyedSims 6 votes
Teen
17%
Evalencarlystur03MrGorgon1997AlexaKryBabykittyjadejjames041TadOlsonMacaire13BreazonaKNORearGoulsquashOxanaPihlajamaaHuiiie_07Vivi_WillowTreepuzzlezaddictDianesimspopstarsleyMaddieplaysgames 18 votes
Young Adult
68%
pisceschick75Emily4331aprilroselisamwittAnmirlaCororondreamerz13JessabeansApparentlyAwesomeNinoosimzagboorulessekojranaMikezumihannekemuffinemorrillblazerntqJoAnne65cwaddellPaikallinenjillbg 70 votes
Adult
2%
InfraGreendogdancerJacke1012 3 votes
Elder
0%
Potsae 1 vote

Comments

• Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    edited March 2018
    Teen
    For me, teens have the perfect balance of everything I want in the game. They can learn any skill I choose, at whatever pace I see fit. School is present but undemanding, and there's no threat of a skill requirement popping up out of nowhere to deny them an otherwise-deserved promotion. They don't face any pressure to bring in money, maintain the house, or build relationships yet, let alone get married and/or have children. So really, they can do whatever I want them to, without my worrying that I'm missing a critical opportunity to advance them on their respective paths.

Plus, if and when they do start to date, it's always so cute. The interactions are adorable, and somehow things feel sweet instead of corny or sappy the way they sometimes do with adults.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited March 2018
    Young Adult
    Young adult. Because they look the most attractive as YAs in my game plus it’s the life stage where it’s all happening. Adventures, building a house, finding a job and make it a succes (or make money in other ways), falling in love, complications, getting children, all that jazz ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Child
    Child. I like to play as them especially since they are just starting out their journey on their life. From their first friends, to first games, and family bondings, I just find that kids connects the stages of Life with the children's exploration and Discovery.
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    Young Adult
    YA because they can do the most and have the best choice of clothes and their lips aren't all wonky as they can tend to be at Adult..Though I adore toddler in small doses. I do agree with @TS1299 , Child is fun because they can do more and are just starting out, you can mold them however you want.
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    Young Adult
    I suppose I enjoy all life stages for their own reasons, but Young Adult seems like the most involved part of life in-game and out. Makes it the most entertaining for me.
  • Options
    Geez, people LOVE the young adults! No wonder they added so much stuff for them in TS4. I haven't made up my mind yet. I'll have to quickly play a sim from birth to death and see which life stage I enjoyed the most.
  • Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Teen
    Teens, because I can relate to them the most. I also LOVE to prepare them for University, building skills and stuff. Aaand maybe it's because I'm a teen myself and can't really relate to young adults, or anything adult-like.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    Teen
    I really love all of the stages though teens get that special option to move out on their own in my games and start their own households if they want to or if their childhood home is too small and their parents are having another baby on the way.I've got my story progression set up for allowing no adult households so teens can head their own households.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited March 2018
    Young Adult
    I chose YA but I actually like all the life stages from teen up. The reason I chose YA is because that is when my sims are having most of their babies and achieving most of what I want them to. In my saves with longer lifespans it might be a toss up between teens and YA. The only life stages I don't find that interesting are toddler and child. I don't do babies at all and all my sim kids get aged up to toddler immediately after birth.
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Young Adult
    Definitely YA.

They can do anything. And they're one of the more aesthetically pleasing stages (I mean toddlers are adorable... but they can't do much) and I care about that in sims lol. Children tend to be awkward look, teens like always are, and I often find the ageing too dramatic in adults and elders. And of course babies all look the same and are boring little burritos. So yeah. YA it is.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    Young Adult
    Young Adult for me...because it's the stage in life where you're discovering your independence from your parent sims...and starting to make your own way in life. You generally get married around this stage and childless for a while, unless you want to hurry the reproductive process...well...you generally start a family at this point and your kids get to maybe child...life-stage before you end up aging up to Adult. Young adult is where you can explore the world without any tie-downs...and experience University...as well.

When you get to adult-stage that's when sim-life's full responsibilities kick in...and you wonder, "Holy Flippin' Tragic Clownfish, What the FLARKIN HEL HAPPENED?"
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    MrGorgon1997MrGorgon1997 Posts: 367 Member
    Teen
    I enjoy the Teen-Adult stages the best, but I do favour the teen stage if only because you can muck about a bit more without having to worry about the responsibilities present in the YA & A stages. As a few people above me said though, YA is definitely the most aesthetically pleasing stage.
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    Young Adult
    Young adults are my favorite, can't wait to get there with my story... Am still playing Taïga as a teen, and have just rewritten and retaken pics from her childhood and it's pretty fun too!

tgw01-04-02b.jpg
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    @jillbg Is that Miriam Hoppcraft?! She's caused so much trouble one of my games!
  • Options
    Young Adult
    @Simtown15 Yep, it's her! I decided she would be perfect as the primary school teacher in my story! :D What did she do in your game?
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    @jillbg My sim divorced his wife to be with her (similar to what could've happened if my poll had more yes votes) and she walked out on her ex-husband and 2 sons, which I calculated to be 13 and 4 in sim years, to get a house with him. Before she divorced her husband, she kissed my sim in front of the kids, giving them the "witnessed betrayal" moodlet. She's evil too. Flash forward a few years to my sim's son's wedding (and I just noticed he literally had an evil stepmother). My sim autonomously fought with her several times, so I had them divorce and he had a happy ending, remarrying his ex-wife shortly after becoming an elder. Miriam, on the other hand, never went back to her family.
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    Young Adult
    Young adult. Like JoAnne65 says "Because they look the most attractive as YAs in my game plus it’s the life stage where it’s all happening."

Teens are fun to play, and recently I discovered how fun the children can be, especially with mods so they can do more stuff like laundry and play instruments. And elders can be charming and fun to play! Babies and toddlers are my least favourite life stages. I find the toddlers noisy and annoying, but they belong in the game too!
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    I love all the life stages including babies and I'm just happy Sims 3 babies are not objects tied to a bassinet. I keep babies for 7-14 days depending on the lifespan I am playing. I can't vote since there is not an other category, but, my vote would be all life stages.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Cororon wrote: »
    Young adult. Like JoAnne65 says "Because they look the most attractive as YAs in my game plus it’s the life stage where it’s all happening."

Teens are fun to play, and recently I discovered how fun the children can be, especially with mods so they can do more stuff like laundry and play instruments. And elders can be charming and fun to play! Babies and toddlers are my least favourite life stages. I find the toddlers noisy and annoying, but they belong in the game too!

Yeah, Sims 4! They belong in the game too! And not 2 years late!
    bekkasan wrote: »
    I love all the life stages including babies and I'm just happy Sims 3 babies are not objects tied to a bassinet. I keep babies for 7-14 days depending on the lifespan I am playing. I can't vote since there is not an other category, but, my vote would be all life stages.
    Yeah, Sims 4! Babies are supposed to be sims, not objects! Heck, you can even put a baby in the family inventory while renovating!
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Young Adult
    Heh, can't say I'm surprised to see YA as the top poll result.
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Young adult. Because they look the most attractive as YAs in my game plus it’s the life stage where it’s all happening. Adventures, building a house, finding a job and make it a succes (or make money in other ways), falling in love, complications, getting children, all that jazz ;)
    Ditto ^
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    BreazonaBreazona Posts: 1,335 Member
    Teen
    Obviously young adults are a super fun stage to play, but for me the teen stage is when the sim develops the most character. Added bonus is that I can still play with the whole family.
    sims 2&3 my beloved♥
  • Options
    Young Adult
    @Simtown15 It's sounds like a real life story! That's what's so fun about the sims, especially when you follow their wishes! i guess EA wanted some drama... ;)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    Young Adult
    @Cororon Totally agree! :D Love the elders and the kids too! <3

I think a game with only young adults would be annoying, as well as a perfect simworld would be if there were only beautiful sims in it. Babies aren't much fun, but when you think about that a newborn (up to two weeks old baby) needs 16 hours of sleep per 24 hours, we can see why there aren't many interactions available! I let them remain babies the time it takes, as I only play for my story nowadays and I try to keep it as realistic as possible...
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Young Adult
    Young Adult and toddler
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    All of them.

If I want to play with young adults only, then I would play Singles: Flirt Up Your Life.

When TS2 introduced aging/generations I loved the gameplay even more compared to TS. The reason why I play The Sims is to play with life, not one aspect of it but "all of it". So the constant additions of gameplay to the genre it represents is always welcomed.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9u1zMCos8w
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hajq1nwsAM
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”