Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hot Tub Deams Event

Comments

• Options
    MrStink86MrStink86 Posts: 1 New Member
    Any one else having an issue where the ducks aren't being credited to your account? I've completed all steps in the event, but am still doing the snacks and design quests to try to earn more ducks to complete the collection, and the last 3 haven't actually earned me any ducks.
  • Options
    verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    I have bought quite a few goodie bags - still no hot tub.
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Options
    Tiffany562411Tiffany562411 Posts: 278 Member
    edited March 2018
    I complained to EA support about the haute tub event that it's impossible to get everything in the limited time & the reasons why & I told them about the duplicate issue.

U can help solve the issue.....................

(Simmers listen up...Important...EA help said they won't do anything about it unless they hear...the same issue from several more players complaining about it & he said...then that's when they will do something to make it right. Please go tell EA as well as I did. All of u please add your complaints to them about this impossible event

[Edited by EA_Mage to remove caps]
    Post edited by EA_Mage on
  • Options
    SimKenzieSimKenzie Posts: 31 Member
    Hi everyone,
    I wanted to share my notes.

So, with 2 days to go and a lot of playing, I've gotten at least one of everything except:
    - Pachira tree
    - Float-On swim trunks
    - Jet-setter swimsuit

I've gotten at least 2 or 3 duplicate bags. I do agree that the amount of sim cash given as a trade is a bit on the low side.

I haven't bought any goody bags with SimCash yet, but I have spent quite a bit of effort doing time management.

When you start one of the 4-hour hot tub events, you can finish it in about two hours by performing tasks, and with some luck in the risky tasks. For me, the risky tasks were more successful in "spa snacks," even if the confidence level was low. Risk tasks failed more often in "couture fashion," even if the confidence level was high.

If you manage your time carefully (or perhaps a bit obsessively), and with two sims, you can finish six events per day (3 each of spa-side snacks, and hot tub couture), like this:

- start both events at same time (2 hours)
    - cool down time (6 hours)

You get at least 18 ducky bucks per event, so 18 ducky bucks * 6 events = 108 ducky bucks, which is 2 goody bags.

Also, if you complete your daily checklist, you get 10 more ducky bucks. That will give you a total of 118 ducky bucks.

Sometimes, when you complete a hot tub event, you get a chance to watch an ad for 2 more ducky bucks, but it doesn't happen often. In the early days of the event, I was receiving at least one ad per day, maybe two. I don't think I got an ad yesterday. It could also just depend on the ad schedule.

The schedule above is already 18 hours, and I need to sleep... and I happen to like sleeping. So, I will also use cupcakes to speed along my progress during an event. I accumulated a lot of cupcakes since I started playing, and had not used many until this event. I might use anywhere from 2-6 cupcakes per day, spread out across events.

In a freemium game, special events are always going to encourage / favor players who spend some cash, or play heavily. Based on my experience here, I feel like it's a reasonably successful event, because it is possible to get many of the items even if you don't pay real cash.

It would be nice to know if this event will repeat in the future, to give everyone another chance (or chances) to continue to collect these items in the event.

Thanks for reading!
  • Options
    SimKenzie wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    I wanted to share my notes.

So, with 2 days to go and a lot of playing, I've gotten at least one of everything except:
    - Pachira tree
    - Float-On swim trunks
    - Jet-setter swimsuit

I've gotten at least 2 or 3 duplicate bags. I do agree that the amount of sim cash given as a trade is a bit on the low side.

I haven't bought any goody bags with SimCash yet, but I have spent quite a bit of effort doing time management.

When you start one of the 4-hour hot tub events, you can finish it in about two hours by performing tasks, and with some luck in the risky tasks. For me, the risky tasks were more successful in "spa snacks," even if the confidence level was low. Risk tasks failed more often in "couture fashion," even if the confidence level was high.

If you manage your time carefully (or perhaps a bit obsessively), and with two sims, you can finish six events per day (3 each of spa-side snacks, and hot tub couture), like this:

You get at least 18 ducky bucks per event, so 18 ducky bucks * 6 events = 108 ducky bucks, which is 2 goody bags.

Also, if you complete your daily checklist, you get 10 more ducky bucks. That will give you a total of 118 ducky bucks.

Sometimes, when you complete a hot tub event, you get a chance to watch an ad for 2 more ducky bucks, but it doesn't happen often. In the early days of the event, I was receiving at least one ad per day, maybe two. I don't think I got an ad yesterday. It could also just depend on the ad schedule.

The schedule above is already 18 hours, and I need to sleep... and I happen to like sleeping. So, I will also use cupcakes to speed along my progress during an event. I accumulated a lot of cupcakes since I started playing, and had not used many until this event. I might use anywhere from 2-6 cupcakes per day, spread out across events.

In a freemium game, special events are always going to encourage / favor players who spend some cash, or play heavily. Based on my experience here, I feel like it's a reasonably successful event, because it is possible to get many of the items even if you don't pay real cash.

It would be nice to know if this event will repeat in the future, to give everyone another chance (or chances) to continue to collect these items in the event.

Thanks for reading!

Ya u got money to blow & not everybody has that.
  • Options
    StormiSkiezStormiSkiez Posts: 449 Member
    I just received my 4th duplicate clothing item from the goody bag in a row. :# I'm officially burned out from this event. It was a great idea, but horribly implemented. The only thing left that I want is the illuminated wall and it's evading me.. grrr. [end rant] I feel a tiny bit better now lol.
    If there's a strong storm you'll find me gawking out the window, ignoring the safety warnings.

giphy.gif
  • Options
    ZeoXZeoX Posts: 43 Member
    erm if your lucky and got the watch ads when taking ducky reward.
    you can get 20x ducks instead of 18x

still need chairs
    trunks
    and the 1st 1piece swimsuit
  • Options
    SimKenzieSimKenzie Posts: 31 Member
    > @Tiffany562411 said:
    > Ya u got money to blow & not everybody has that.

Actually, I haven't spent any money on this event. The cupcakes were all earned free through the game.

The purpose of my post was to show that it is possible to collect a lot of items by playing for free. But time management is important. And a bit of luck, too.
  • Options
    SilaselSilasel Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey everyone, I also wanted to share my experiences with the event so far, particularly the number of duplicates I've been receiving.

I've spent about $40+ on Goodie Bags, as well as have opened around maybe 8 or more Goodie Bags with Ducky Bucks (thanks to all the Ducky Bucks I've been getting from duplicate conversions haha), and have not yet received a hot tub from the event.

For me, I pretty much acquired one of each item from the Goodie Bag (so my first 10 bags presented me with an item I didn't have). After, I've received nothing but duplicates (about 7 in a row so far), only to get more duplicates from the Ducky Bucks that the original duplicates got me. To me, the fact that I've opened so many bags and have not yet received a darn hot tub... for a "hot tub" event, is kind of silly.

I feel like this system would be so much better if the Goodie Bag's algorithm had players focused on completing the collection first, so at least players have a chance of getting the item they want before the event is over.

After contacting support to express my concerns and frustrations, they told me that "in-game features are designed by developers and cannot be changed... Anything you receive or achieve in the game are server based and being a customer support we cannot help you." Aka you're not guaranteed a hot tub, even if you spend $100, a million Ducky Bucks or nothing.

So, if you're considering spending money to up your chances, you still might be spammed with dupes instead.
  • Options
    Echo006Echo006 Posts: 31 Member
    Horrible implementation on the developer’s part. Seems to be like a cash grab event, the algorithm needs fixing!
  • Options
    FaeFae Posts: 37 Member
    I think instead of RNG/luck, they should have set the price for each item in duckies so you can just purchase them when you collect enough. For example; common items cost around 75-100 duckies to unlock, and epic items (like the bathtub) would cost 200 duckies. Making events based entirely on RNG isn’t very fun :(
  • Options
    Echo006 wrote: »
    Horrible implementation on the developer’s part. Seems to be like a cash grab event, the algorithm needs fixing!

Yup a total teasing rip off for money
  • Options
    SimKenzie wrote: »
    > @Tiffany562411 said:
    > Ya u got money to blow & not everybody has that.

Actually, I haven't spent any money on this event. The cupcakes were all earned free through the game.

The purpose of my post was to show that it is possible to collect a lot of items by playing for free. But time management is important. And a bit of luck, too.

Cupcakes don't pay to rush & I used cupcakes & I got 200 cupcakes left. U got lucky is all. Random is luck. Congratulations for winning the random lottery.
    All I got was duplicates over & over again. I even bought sim cash for rush & that did no justice. Duplicates over & over again is all I got. So please stop saying it's possible when it is not. It's only luck is all
  • Options
    Like Tiffany said, it’s all luck. To even have a chance to get one of the purple/epic items it’s only 10% chance out of 100.
  • Options
    rafaeljonasrafaeljonas Posts: 227 Member
    Yes, it's all about luck. I paid for simcash (3x) and don't receive nothing hot tub. I think I don't like this model.
    I would be much happier buying the package in the store than having to deal with luck.
    I feel anxious about this model. So I decided to stop with the sims mobile and go back to the sims 4 on the computer.
    It's complicated when you do not have full control over the game as in the PC version.

But hey, we have one more day until the event's end! :)
  • Options
    EA Help told me the only way their going to do anything about this haute tub event issue is only if they hear it from lots more players about it. I hope y'all doing that please
  • Options
    rafaeljonasrafaeljonas Posts: 227 Member
    EA Help told me the only way their going to do anything about this haute tub event issue is only if they hear it from lots more players about it. I hope y'all doing that please
    Yas! Talk with sim gurus on twitter. I was tweeted to SimGuruRiley SimGuruMiriam and SimguruKate. So if you want that situation change, just send a tweet for the team like I did. :)
  • Options
    SkyepandaSkyepanda Posts: 1 New Member
    Usually a first event is a bit easier but 6 hours before I can do the work ducky events is brutal. Worse I got at least 9 bikini tops, no ladies bottoms, a ton of one piece suits and not much else. I’ve lost all hope of the hot tub. I finished the quests very quickly so there’s only the couple work quests we can fit in a day and the measly 10 ducks per to do list a day. The 18 ducks per task which combined you don’t even get 50 per work quest is infuriating as well. No duplicates should come up until you’ve completed the set once. I doubt I’ll bother with the next quest a week into the game. Cost to buy stuff is brutal too, if I bought 6.99$ pkg a week we’re looking at nearly 400$ a year forget the “special” packs in the 20+ $ range is insane. I don’t mind usuing a few dollars here or there but this makes me not even want to bother to do that. I was so excited for this too. Back to the PC version which didn’t cost me 400$ with most of the add ons.......
  • Options
    Delerium_76Delerium_76 Posts: 2 New Member
    So many companies getting flack about putting in "loot crates" or "loot boxes", yet EA is still milking them for all it's worth regardless of the bad press. This event has been the worst greedy attempt at taking people's money I've seen in a while, but I'm honestly not surprised at all since it's an EA game. I half expected it, but hoped they would do better. Guess not.
  • Options
    jdullavinjdullavin Posts: 1 New Member
    I love the idea but the possibility and cost to get a rare item is not so great. I’ve played pretty much everyday and with the possibilities of me actually getting a hot tub seems close to impossible. The cost of the actual duck is crazy exspensive....
  • Options
    AdabadadaAdabadada Posts: 3 New Member
    This is terrible. The limit on the number of events you can do because of the wait time is just absurd! The chances of getting a hot tub or the other items are slim to begin with, compound that with the difficulty to even get ducks in the first place AND the fact that the whole thing was buggy the first few days such that many couldn't even start any ducky events. It's very tiresome to get swimming trunks 4 times in a row and I am not willing to spend money just to get another one of those useless things.
  • Options
    jdullavin wrote: »
    I love the idea but the possibility and cost to get a rare item is not so great. I’ve played pretty much everyday and with the possibilities of me actually getting a hot tub seems close to impossible. The cost of the actual duck is crazy exspensive....

U say close to impossible. No it is extremely impossible. Please go discuss your concerns about this with EA Help
  • Options
    KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    I agree it's been very difficult. I keep getting repeat stuff like swimsuits and more and more windows and chairs and things that I don't need. Haven't gotten one hot tub and I play as often as I can. The event is almost over, too. Not much chance now to get the hottub.
  • Options
    SmittyMcFinnSmittyMcFinn Posts: 5 New Member
    Got my second hot tub. All im lacking in is the bikini top. *crosses fingers.
  • Options
    I've been trying for new items for 3 days now. Just keep getting chairs, plants, and tables .-.