Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hot Tub Deams Event

Comments

• FaeFae Posts: 37 Member
    I've been playing The Sims Mobile since I got notified that it was finally released. Very pleased with it's launch so far. Lots of different events, locations, and actions to complete. Due to these reasons, and more, I decided to support the game by purchasing; the Sweet Deal Pack ($5 USD), the SimCash and Gems Pack ($5 USD), and the Stack of SimCash ($50 USD).

Up until today I have been doing the Hot Tub Dreams event and only spending the rubber ducks (not using SimCash). Well today I said to myself; "what the heck" and decided to use 150 SimCash to purchase one extra goody bag. Sure enough that bag was what got me the Hot Tub! I was SUPER excited. This was my 11th bag opened, so it seems that you just need to get lucky.

Good luck to anyone else hoping to obtain the Hot Tub during this event!
  • StormiSkiezStormiSkiez Posts: 449 Member
    @the_greenplumbob I've actually had more success with purchasing the bags with ducky bucks as opposed to using sim cash. I've actually received 2 hot tubs using ducky bucks. I gave the sim cash option four tries and won the Independent Merwoman Bikini Top and the other 3 were duplicates of items I already have, so I received Heirloom Tickets and Ducky Bucks in their place. Needless to say I wasn't happy about that.
    If there's a strong storm you'll find me gawking out the window, ignoring the safety warnings.

giphy.gif
  • CoreyblakeCoreyblake Posts: 118 Member
    I want chairs lol I have 2 tables and one chair ---< :confused: >---
    > @Coreyblake said:
    > I want chairs lol I have 2 tables and one chair ---< :confused: >---

Ditto on the chairs! I have 3 tables and 1 chair. I'm like wth am I supposed to do with this? lol :s
    If there's a strong storm you'll find me gawking out the window, ignoring the safety warnings.

giphy.gif
  • ZeoXZeoX Posts: 43 Member
    edited March 2018
    using just cupcake boosts ive at last gotten x1 hottub today.
    think ive tried around 9x

its nice that hottub items are both indoors and outdoors items

to my friends, you can find it at my special outdoor corner at the middle..

hottub even has woohoo option :o
    also when theres no "special" events keep cupcakes from daily to do list / ads
    for use during events
  • MeyonemilyMeyonemily Posts: 11 New Member
    [quote="3KNPen;c-16387361"][quote="Meyonemily;c-16387318"]Anyone knows how to finish part 9 quest?[/quote]

Find a sim in the neighborhood/public lot and click on them. The option to talk about further party plans (or however it’s worded) should be at the top of the list friendly list in blue (you may need to greet them first if you don’t already know them) Rinse and repeat the three required times to complete part 9.[/quote]

Thank you so much.. now i can finish all parts.. yeaayy..
  • HardernaterHardernater Posts: 65 Member
    I got a hot tub, 8 chairs, 2 illuminated lights, and 5 tables.

118n437.jpg

Admin of The Sims™ Mobile Community at Facebook

The Sims Mobile : Hard2Describe / HYC9F67

@Hardernater I'll trade you my extra hot tub for 2 chairs and 1 illuminated light o:)

giphy.gif
  • LifeInsanityLifeInsanity Posts: 1 New Member
    Getting dupes gives you next to nothing. You only get a week for this event and the only way to get currency besides the quest is to do the fashion and restaurant job which you can't even complete back to back. This event just isn't that fair.
  • Katie_LinKatie_Lin Posts: 17 Member
    I'm in agreement with the posters here. I keep getting duplicates so I doubt I'll get a hot tub through this event. I refuse to spend money on the game, so can't buy a bag.
  • Echo006Echo006 Posts: 31 Member
    I’ve opened like 8 bags now and half are duplicates of swimming costumes. My friend opened his first 2 and got TWO HOT TUBS in the first two bags! So jealous.
  • PascalPascal Posts: 1 New Member
    I stucked at Part 5, the swimsuit of Part 4 disappeared, and thus I cannot check out the swimsuit in a mirror... anyone has the same trouble?
    > @Pascal said:
    > I stucked at Part 5, the swimsuit of Part 4 disappeared, and thus I cannot check out the swimsuit in a mirror... anyone has the same trouble?

When you click on a mirror you'll have the option to check out the swimsuit, your sim will change into it. Also the swimsuit was added to your style section of change appearance.

giphy.gif
  • SmittyMcFinnSmittyMcFinn Posts: 5 New Member
    I received the hot tub on my second bag. I have the male trunks the female bottoms the female one piece a chair and table and a wall. Hoping to get another chair and the plant because the hot tub has an action if you have the plant. Fun event. Hard to get ducks tho. Need more duck events. Why not ducks with the other event?
  • Cleio42Cleio42 Posts: 5 New Member
    This event is absolutely ridiculous. I'm getting nothing but swimwear and now that they've fixed the "duplicate bug" that they're not reimbursing us for, all I'm getting is a sim cash and two ducky bucks... when I had JUST spent 50 getting the grab bag! I just cannot feel anything but absolutely ripped off. Rewards should be given to players who tried their hardest... not the luckiest ones with RNGs. :/
  • OxanaPihlajamaaOxanaPihlajamaa Posts: 153 Member
    I received the hot tub today, after like 6 or 7 bags. Fortunately no duplicates, just a few pieces of clothing, a table and a plant. So I cannot really complain.
  • Ice86Ice86 Posts: 2 New Member
    Not worth the time. Got 3 of the same tree. Rip off!!!.
  • CyndieBoyerCyndieBoyer Posts: 1 New Member
    Where is a mirror? I don't want to time out
  • oneleafoneleaf Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Cleio42 said:
    > This event is absolutely ridiculous. I'm getting nothing but swimwear and now that they've fixed the "duplicate bug" that they're not reimbursing us for, all I'm getting is a sim cash and two ducky bucks... when I had JUST spent 50 getting the grab bag! I just cannot feel anything but absolutely ripped off. Rewards should be given to players who tried their hardest... not the luckiest ones with RNGs. :/

I agree. I have more or less given up after 3 days of this. The duplicates are a deal killer for my time. I actually do not mind spending real money on this game so I will wait until they offer the hot tub for a reasonable price, rather than go through this. It is a good reminder to simply skip these special events and use my time for more productive things.

And spending money for simcash just so I can buy a bag and get more duplicates is not worth it. Just tell me the price for the hot tub and I will buy it if I think it’s worth it.
  • HardernaterHardernater Posts: 65 Member
    @CyndieBoyer it's on top of your sink

118n437.jpg

Admin of The Sims™ Mobile Community at Facebook

The Sims Mobile : Hard2Describe / HYC9F67

edited March 2018
    wants the trunks for male sim
    so he can jog around topless B)

gotta show off those abs lol jokes
  • LoversHovelLoversHovel Posts: 35 Member
    I'm happy that some swimwear are not considered outfits. Adds some new fashion creations.

Those duck bucks are hard to come by. I max at only a bag a day and I haven't gotten half the set yet (or the hot tub) and I have three days left. Might be a bit disappointed later on, but at least the first event is doing okay instead of bombing.

I am concerned about duplicate clothing though if it's happening. Definitely a waste of time if thats the pull from a bag.
    Choose life, because life chose you to experience it.
  • FrayedFlightFrayedFlight Posts: 520 Member
    How generous a game is with it's events and it's "for cash" currency is usually an indicator of how well I will like a game, stick with it and make purchases. This one hasn't been super great. I'll admit I got started late due to starting the game late, however. I believe I've had 5 or 6 bags with duckies. No hot tubs, of course and only one "furnature" item, but only one was a duplicate. I will agree that the consolation prize for a dupe is a joke. I guess I'm glad we get anything at all, but come on, for the effort/time involved in earning the currency, I feel they could afford to be more generous or not allow dupe pulls at all and only allow you to earn something you haven't yet received.
  • LoversHovelLoversHovel Posts: 35 Member
    > @LoversHovel said:
    > Those duck bucks are hard to come by. I max at only a bag a day and I haven't gotten half the set yet (or the hot tub) and I have three days left. Might be a bit disappointed later on, but at least the first event is doing okay instead of bombing.

Just changing a point on one of my comments. Duck bucks do come around enough for at least most, if not all, of the set. I realized that I have 8/11 of the set now and finally have gotten the hot tub. My concerns still stand with duplicates that, if I remember correctly, shouldn't be happening with cosmetics. It definitely locks out those unfortunate players from ever having a chance at getting close at completing the set.

For the items that can get duplicates (hot tub, chairs, tables, etc.), I guess it's a good compromise for those willing to cash out for the COMPLETE set of items obtainable. For those who just want one/few of each, maybe adding more career/hobby interactions for duck bucks would have been better but who knows. There may be time to implement it now but if not here's an idea for the next event.
    Choose life, because life chose you to experience it.