Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My First Pet Official Countdown Thread (Now Available)!!!!

Comments

• Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    tobumon wrote: »

Hope they will show us all the different kinds of pets that are in it. Rats especially for my part :)

The trailer showed them all. You can get a rat, guinea pig, african pygmy hedgehog, and a mini bubalus (voidcritter)

I just want to see them running around with their little tails. A friend of mine had rats growing up, my family had a bucketload of cats instead so it has always been a childhood dream of mine to have a little rat :)
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    I will say I'm a bit disappointed you can't at least put two lil critters together. . . it is technically very ill-advised to have most small pets living solo plus I just want a whole herd of 'em rampaging around one giant cage tbh.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 452 Member
    Hamster and furniture look great, but does anybody ever use these pet clothes?

I do for social events. I have a family specifically for that. Its fun to make everyone dress up for it.
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    I will say I'm a bit disappointed you can't at least put two lil critters together. . . it is technically very ill-advised to have most small pets living solo plus I just want a whole herd of 'em rampaging around one giant cage tbh.

Lovely idea!
  • Options
    InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    The more I hear about the new death the more appealing this pack is to me lol I’m a bit of a deviant swimmer at times....
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Sadly, my sims just downsized there house and they have to make money for a bigger house. I wish there was some sort of explanation or chart on how bills work. I would love a "Bills Guide" so I can lower some bills in the house to save up some money so my sims can upsize.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

my dad did that once. my brother brought home his class pet mouse because dad thought it would be lonely he bought another mouse and put them together. at the end of the week their were 10.
  • Options
    lopithecuslopithecus Posts: 1,735 Member
    edited March 2018
    Okay, I deleted this but I'm going to put it back actually. People need to hear it.
    RnM92 wrote: »
    Cheekybits wrote: »
    RnM92 wrote: »
    Ill buy it for the fish tank table. I don't really dress up my cats and dogs but Ive never seen a reason to.

It's really sad to see that you want pay 10$ just for a tank table.

Eh you don't have to buy it. It's not like anyone is being forced too. There are other things but regardless if you're already hating the pack even if I said I love everything in it Id just get another comment that states why its sad people are defending the pack and buying it at all.

It's sad because this should all have been in the Pets EP, like with every other Pets EP in Sims 1-3, yet they are taking advantage of us selling it separately for another £10. There is absolutely no reason why this could not have been part of the EP. If you really cannot see anything at all wrong with this then you are being extremely naive. Plus what's more the more we buy into stuff like this, the more they continue to carve up content into bite sized pieces, and so it continues. Many of us are fed up with this game being treated like a bloody cash cow. What's more you only need to look at EAs other games to see how greedy they are and how Iittle they care about the fans of their game franchises.

Ok lets be realistic. Ofc I would love for this to be in the pet EP, who wouldn't? But lets face the fact that its not. Should it be? Yes. Being navie and being positive is 2 different things. I can come on and rage about everything I dislike about the sims 4 but not everyone wants to hear that.

Not it's not being positive, it's overlooking it and accepting it. Stop rolling over and just accepting stuff like this! I can't believe this community sometimes! Buying these stuff packs that should've been EP content is rewarding this greedy behaviour and means it's going to keep happening. Would you be happy if we got Seasons but the weather was sold to us in a SP? Or all of the activities that came with previous Seasons EPs? The only way to get them to stop doing stuff like this is to not buy it. You might be ok with it but it's absolutely ruining this game for many of us.

Would you be happy if we got Seasons but the weather was sold to us in a SP? Or all of the activities that came with previous Seasons EPs?

No, I wouldn't be happy at all. But guess what? I would buy them all anyway.

Because I can do whatever the plum I want with my own money that I worked hard to earn in the first place. If I want to "waste" my money by supporting this pack, then so be it. I'm going to no matter what anyone says. I don't really care if no one likes it. I don't care if you think I'm making a mistake. I like the looks of the pack, I want it, I have the money to buy it, and so I'm going to get it. End of story.

I'm tired of seeing people telling others (and quite frankly, attacking others that are excited about this pack) to "not buy this pack" and that if you do buy it you're "supporting EA in this disastrous plot to ruin the game" when none of you have any right to tell other players what they spend their money on. So what if this is supporting EA. If that's what they want to do with their money, then that's their prerogative and no else's. You can't tell me whether or not I buy this pack.

OP, I'm sorry your positive post has been derailed. It's a shame.
    k55mmxl
    "The one you confide in the most. The one who understands you best. The one you'll miss more than any other. When he dies..." - Batman/Superman 018
    SuperBat ruined my life!<3
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Anyway! I'm really, really looking forward to hedgehogs. I want to see the cute little creatures running around their cages. And I love the idea of them going off on little adventures, sending back postcards! It's so cute!!
    k55mmxl
    "The one you confide in the most. The one who understands you best. The one you'll miss more than any other. When he dies..." - Batman/Superman 018
  • Options

my dad did that once. my brother brought home his class pet mouse because dad thought it would be lonely he bought another mouse and put them together. at the end of the week their were 10.

that can definitely happen. the key there is to inspect any and all goods passing through port, so to speak!
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    lopithecus wrote: »
    Anyway! I'm really, really looking forward to hedgehogs. I want to see the cute little s*piky things running around their cages. And I love the idea of them going off on little adventures, sending back postcards! It's so cute!!

Edit: Why'd it sensor s*piky?? Lol! XD

Because if you take off the "y", then it's a racial epithet.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Anyway! I'm really, really looking forward to hedgehogs. I want to see the cute little creatures running around their cages. And I love the idea of them going off on little adventures, sending back postcards! It's so cute!!

Is it!! Oh no, I didn't know that!! Thank you for the info, I'm going to change it.

Edit: I changed it to creatures instead. The last thing I want to do is accidentally offend someone. Thank you so much for letting me know (and in a kind way too.) I'm going to change it in the quote here too. I don't feel comfortable leaving it now. :(
    k55mmxl
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    @lopithecus don't worry about it, the plumbob catches all kinds of random stuff because of that kind of thing lol
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options

Is it!! Oh no, I didn't know that!! Thank you for the info, I'm going to change it.

Edit: I changed it to creatures instead. The last thing I want to do is accidentally offend someone. Thank you so much for letting me know (and in a kind way too.) I'm going to change it in the quote here too. I don't feel comfortable leaving it now. :(
    No, no. What you wrote, and how we all say that word (the way you typed it) is just fine! Rhymes with Mikey -- is fine. No problem. Just that if it had no "y" in it, ever, that it becomes a problem. You did no wrong, it's just the Bots that catch things when our words are close to a hurtful word.

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    4 Days Left!!!!!!
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    4 Days Left!!!!!!

eEOkIEZ.gif
  • Options

No, no. What you wrote, and how we all say that word (the way you typed it) is just fine! Rhymes with Mikey -- is fine. No problem. Just that if it had no "y" in it, ever, that it becomes a problem. You did no wrong, it's just the Bots that catch things when our words are close to a hurtful word.

Ah okay, I see. It's been a while since I've actually been on the forums so some things have changed and I can't remember how everything works... thank you for the explanation. :)
    k55mmxl
  • Options
    Less than One Hour.
  • Options
    the children's furniture is pretty darn cute! I also like the new hairstyle for guys.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    I liked the guys hair too but that new death was awesome! Lol I’m picturing Mortimer Goth dying that way after Alexander gets one >:)
  • Options
    3 Days Left!!!!!!
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    3 Days Left!!!!!!

yeah. i got my firestick today so i setit up and missed the live stream. i think there was one today i never keep that staight.
  • Options
    3 Days Left!!!!!!

yeah. i got my firestick today so i setit up and missed the live stream. i think there was one today i never keep that staight.

SimsVip has the replay if you want to watch.
  • Options
    TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    edited March 2018
    I dont like ANY of the furniture , clothing or hair i saw.I will not buy this one.And I own all of them. I do not want those garish looking objects, clothing or hairs and the pet clothing looks idiotic.

The rodents...that depends on if thats your thing or not and its not my thing. Dont want animals that have even less gameplay than cats and dogs...dont get the appeal.
  • Options
    I dont like ANY of the furniture , clothing or hair i saw.I will not buy this one.And I own all of them. I do not want those garish looking objects, clothing or hairs and the pet clothing looks plum.

The rodents...that depends on if thats your thing or not and its not my thing. Dont want animals that have even less gameplay than cats and dogs...dont get the appeal.

What about the clothing for cats and dogs and the additional pet beds?