Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My First Pet Official Countdown Thread (Now Available)!!!!

14567810...Next

Comments

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    It's working for me... awww..
    egTcBMc.png
  • tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
    edited March 2018
    tobumon wrote: »
    Oh....I got the glitch too then, but I thought they popped up to get you to buy more packs. I didn't bother to read it and just automatically clicked on Continue Without adding. The game installed and loaded fine, so it's not a gamebreaking glitch by any means.

Just make sure the pet clothing and beds,food dish and litter boxes work.

Seems to work fine for me:

DYMh2MOXcAAAxWB.jpg

Curiosity or murderous intentions?
    DYMilA9WAAAAzDY.jpg
    Post edited by tobumon on
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    my sim kid adrien got bit by his hamster already.

it was his i'm a big brother gift. in my legacy he was the the baby of 6. but i must have hit 7 when i was adjusting my mods because now hes second youngest.
  • lopithecuslopithecus Posts: 1,735 Member
    edited March 2018
    LemDoodle wrote:
    lopithecus wrote: »
    @LemDoodle Oh yeah, I would totally do my research first. I would hate to accidentally hurt one or worse, kill one, due to my own lack of knowledge. I've heard of that happening, the trouble with getting hedgehogs from pet stores! I watched a YouTuber once where this happened to her. And as for hand-taming, when it comes to pets, I'm really patient. I just recently got it so my cat will allow me to touch her belly with my whole hand and rub a little. She would have clawed my hand to pieces a year ago if I tried that. Baby steps though!! I'm also patiently trying to train our dog to not jump up on me. ;)

I just think they are so cute and honestly, if I get a male, I'm going to name him Bruce after Bruce Wayne because Bruce has a p*rickly personality and I think it just fits since they have the spines.

Would you recommend them be paired with another hedgehog or are they okay being alone?
    Sounds like you have the patience of a saint!! And a willingness to learn all about your pets -- now that's the kind of dedicated pet owner I can't recommend a hog highly enough for! (That sentence was weird but you know what I mean lol) I remember on day one River bit me, clamped right down on my finger! Twice!! But to be honest I'm kind of glad it happened that way. It made me not scared of getting bitten anymore. Don't get me wrong, it hurts, but if you respond properly (just staying still and not moving your hand/fingers, otherwise it will make them bite down harder) then it only lasts for a second or so. And I know the only reason she bit me is that she was scared. She's only bitten me one more time since then (when she got stuck in my hair and, again, was scared haha), but other than that in the almost three years I've had her she's not done it again. Once you learn to read their body language, which is pretty easy once you've been around them long enough, you should have absolutely no problems.

Fortunately, hedgehogs are pretty hardy critters when it comes to a lot of stuff. Their spikes do an amazing job of defending them from just about everything! But if I could give you just one quick tip that I found out just in the nick of time -- tea tree oil must be avoided! I know that's random, but that's one of the only things I can think of off the top of my head that surprised me to learn, and I'm glad I found it out!

As far as housing hogs together, I personally would recommend keeping them separate! You can keep females together but males are a big no-no as they tend to fight. Here's a thread on a hedgehog forum I can't recommend highly enough: http://www.hedgehogcentral.com/forums/13-housing-accessories/20-housing-2-hedgehogs-together.html But I've seen a YouTuber who has two males, she just keeps them in separate cages :)

Sorry for rambling on! And good catch by @Writin_Reg. Glad they're legal where you live, @lopithecus!

Thank you so much for the info!! I don't mind getting hurt by my animals. I know it's not their fault. ^_^
    And tea tree oil... interesting, huh!
    Thanks for the link!!!
    k55mmxl
    "The one you confide in the most. The one who understands you best. The one you'll miss more than any other. When he dies..." - Batman/Superman 018
    SuperBat ruined my life!<3