Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Okay, I've Purchased Extra Gear, Why Can't I Go Exploring? Solved, But What an Adventure!

GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
To suggest I'm having a time of it today, would be an understatement. With the help of another very kind player, I was able to have my Sim family purchase the extra equipment needed to explore the jungle. The Dad even extended their stay. Still, I can't click on a destination, either in Map Mode or just plain Travel. I'm really beginning to feel challenged and I just don't understand what I'm doing wrong. Does an invitation to explore have to be extended, first? And if so, by whom?

Please and thank you, in advance, for any and all help. I'm totally baffled.
You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
Post edited by GalacticGal on

Comments

• Options
    MysticOneMysticOne Posts: 460 Member
    Well you're further along than I am. Where did you find a place to buy equipment? Sent my sims to the jungle. Nothing to do but excavate, got bit by spiders and stung by bees........ never came across a store, other ppl, jungle animals, nothing.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    You have to find the spot where you can clear terrain with the machete/your hands. You'll get the pop ups about something that your sim encounters. After that, you can "travel through" and that takes you to next part of jungle. If you already are staying at the jungle in a place, the adventuring is all about going around the jungle and exploring. There is nowhere you need to click on the map to start your adventures.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    MysticOne wrote: »
    Well you're further along than I am. Where did you find a place to buy equipment? Sent my sims to the jungle. Nothing to do but excavate, got bit by spiders and stung by bees........ never came across a store, other ppl, jungle animals, nothing.

Store is at the marketplace. You click on a table were the npc is to buy stuff. You can also click on the table to buy items from pets and outdoor retreat but I don't remember the name of the interaction.
  • Options
    hadklaxhadklax Posts: 467 Member
    edited February 2018
    I had the same problems! A few starter tips I have found though are:
    1. The marketplace is located in the cantina lot. There are three stalls by the food cart. It can take a few moments but someone (in my experience so far) does show up
    2. On the table, the vendor will show a range of handy jungle items and this changes each time the stall is reset/lot revisited
    3. Click on the vendor (the sim themselves) and you should see the option to buy exploration supplies. Click this and you will see the options to buy tents, pet supplies etc like you would when clicking on a bookcase or bar, with items depending on packs owned.
    4. The best way into the temple I have found so far is by visiting or staying at the national park lot (Belomisia Trailhead) or the two lots nearest to it (Jungle Bungalow or Field Station). Next to the national park is a public toilet/shower and the entrance (covered with vines) is right next to it.
    5. Open the entrance using hands or machette and after a question (rabbit hole style) your sim passes through to a new area. Others can follow after e.g. with go here interactions
    6. After that, there are a range of places to explore. Keep your eyes peeled for the same vine entrance you opened at the start as these (along with relic interaction along the way) will allow access to more areas.
        Hope that helps.
    7. Options
      rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
      hadklax wrote: »
      I had the same problems! A few starter tips I have found though are:
      1. The marketplace is located in the cantina lot. There are three stalls by the food cart. It can take a few moments but someone (in my experience so far) does show up
      2. On the table, the vendor will show a range of handy jungle items and this changes each time the stall is reset/lot revisited
      3. Click on the vendor (the sim themselves) and you should see the option to buy exploration supplies. Click this and you will see the options to buy tents, pet supplies etc like you would when clicking on a bookcase or bar, with items depending on packs owned.
      4. The best way into the temple I have found so far is by visiting or staying at the national park lot (Belomisia Trailhead) or the two lots nearest to it (Jungle Bungalow or Field Station). Next to the national park is a public toilet/shower and the entrance (covered with vines) is right next to it.
      5. Open the entrance using hands or machette and after a question (rabbit hole style) your sim passes through to a new area. Others can follow after e.g. with go here interactions
      6. After that, there are a range of places to explore. Keep your eyes peeled for the same vine entrance you opened at the start as these (along with relic interaction along the way) will allow access to more areas.
          Hope that helps.

Hello
        Thankyou for your thoughtfulness in posting the helpful tips :)
      7. Options
        DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
        edited February 2018
        Every exploration starts from the Trailhead lot. Send your sims there first, read the signs and begin hacking at the first gate. You will always start at the Trailhead even if you return the next day to continue your exploring.

Buy more than one of everything the vendors have for sale as they get used up. You can even loose your machete. It would be bad to use your spider spray at the start only to run into more spiders later on and you have no spray left.
      8. Options
        Thank you so much! Once I was able to find the entrance to the trail (I clicked many a time before it gave its name again) I was able to take my poor, beleaguered family on the WORST vacation of their lives. LOL We're talking being unable to walk with the sloths, but being startled by a colony of bats. Later on, they cross a rather sketchy suspension bridge, only for Dad to get stung by bees, his second son get attacked by fire bugs and the Dad, attempting to get amorous with Mom discovers a spider! Of course, he tries to stand still, so as not to upset it. However, the spray he purchased he can't use. He can either place in the world or place in inventory. What the heck? After the third son extinguished the fire about to consume his next older brother, Dad did the only salient thing to do. He took them all back to the Field Station and from there, they went home. Oh, and another thing that didn't appear to work. The little daughter is inspired by a couple of excavations she made, and wanted to see if she really had anything. Unable to use the archaeological fold up table at the Field Station, she borrowed her Dad's recently purchased one. Neither of them could do anything more than to take the relics out of the inventory or put them back. Face/palm.
        You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
      9. Options

Find the Cantina. Outside there should be a few tables set up, next to a food vendor. Click on one of the people at the tables and from there you can make your purchases.
      10. Options
        Thank you so much! Once I was able to find the entrance to the trail (I clicked many a time before it gave its name again) I was able to take my poor, beleaguered family on the WORST vacation of their lives. LOL We're talking being unable to walk with the sloths, but being startled by a colony of bats. Later on, they cross a rather sketchy suspension bridge, only for Dad to get stung by bees, his second son get attacked by fire bugs and the Dad, attempting to get amorous with Mom discovers a spider! Of course, he tries to stand still, so as not to upset it. However, the spray he purchased he can't use. He can either place in the world or place in inventory. What the heck? After the third son extinguished the fire about to consume his next older brother, Dad did the only salient thing to do. He took them all back to the Field Station and from there, they went home. Oh, and another thing that didn't appear to work. The little daughter is inspired by a couple of excavations she made, and wanted to see if she really had anything. Unable to use the archaeological fold up table at the Field Station, she borrowed her Dad's recently purchased one. Neither of them could do anything more than to take the relics out of the inventory or put them back. Face/palm.

Well, if they're having a horrible time, then it's a perfectly normal family vacation. :D

The items like spider spray are used automatically by your sims without you telling them to use it.
      11. Options
        Dannydanbo wrote: »

Well, if they're having a horrible time, then it's a perfectly normal family vacation. :D

The items like spider spray are used automatically by your sims without you telling them to use it.

Wow. That speaks volumes to how uniformed my Sim really is. :'( I had to tell the third son to extinguish the fire on his next older brother. Man, I've heard of sibling rivalry before, but this is just plain despicable. I am aware that third son only a short time before wished very much to ditch his family … :open_mouth:
      12. Options
        brackencat31brackencat31 Posts: 318 Member
        My poor sim family, third day in, lovely walk in the jungle. Youngest daughter gets attacked my fire flies and dies, the Mum could nt put fire out and pleading to grimmie did nt work, was quite sad. Next time, I ll take lots of supplies.
      13. Options
        Thought I'd share a few photos of the event: [img][/img]Vdb6GGa.jpg

[img][/img]hBPF2Xh.jpg

[img][/img]SDtgEpP.jpg

[img][/img]L221NpQ.jpg

[img][/img]P2SJeZF.jpg

[img][/img]Wv4NQAH.jpg

[img][/img]uOe4mwL.jpg

14. Options
        ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
        edited February 2018
        Pro tip: Buy a couple machetes. You get one when you first arrive but I suggest you buy a few more before you begin the journey.

After my sim went through the first obstacle, he got a pop up saying he lost his machete in the jungle and had to go through all the other obstacles with no machete and only his hands. Using your hands takes FOREVER!
      15. Options
        Thank you, Chazzzy, I do just that. I really had no idea my Professional Critic Sim Dad was so very inept. To think two of his children are genius. :open_mouth:
      16. Options
        Thank you, Chazzzy, I do just that. I really had no idea my Professional Critic Sim Dad was so very inept. To think two of his children are genius. :open_mouth:

It always skips a generation. ;)
      17. Options
        alan650111 wrote: »
        You have to find the spot where you can clear terrain with the machete/your hands. You'll get the pop ups about something that your sim encounters. After that, you can "travel through" and that takes you to next part of jungle. If you already are staying at the jungle in a place, the adventuring is all about going around the jungle and exploring. There is nowhere you need to click on the map to start your adventures.

Ok, thanks for the help. I did the machete/hands thing and went forward. That's where I found the places to excavate, but that was about it. My sims were staying in a hotel there. I saw there were parts of the jungle that had '?' marks over them. I take it I have to 'earn' access to those places?
      18. Options

Store is at the marketplace. You click on a table were the npc is to buy stuff. You can also click on the table to buy items from pets and outdoor retreat but I don't remember the name of the interaction.

Thank you for help. Is the market place at the jungle sight? Cause I didn't see it. I'll go check again. Again thank you
      19. Options

Wow. That speaks volumes to how uniformed my Sim really is. :'( I had to tell the third son to extinguish the fire on his next older brother. Man, I've heard of sibling rivalry before, but this is just plain despicable. I am aware that third son only a short time before wished very much to ditch his family … :open_mouth:

Do they have to 'brew' the spray or can they buy it?
      20. Options
        stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

They can buy the spider spray and much of the other items, but if you have Outdoor Retreat some of the herbalism potions can come in handy like insect repellent (not sure if that works for spiders) and some of the others.
        Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
        Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
      21. Options
        tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
        edited February 2018
        I'm getting rather annoyed. I've traveled between lots so many times and I've yet to see a single machete on the tables. Arrgh. I don't like how everything's random. I can't explore the jungle without one!! I'm sure not going to use my huge 🐸🐸🐸🐸 claws.
      22. Options
        KrisBKrisB Posts: 256 Member
        tobumon wrote: »
        I'm getting rather annoyed. I've traveled between lots so many times and I've yet to see a single machete on the tables. Arrgh. I don't like how everything's random. I can't explore the jungle without one!! I'm sure not going to use my huge plum claws.

I thought that too but after a few days on vacation I started talking to the vendors and the machete appeared on the table to buy and all this other stuff I needed so hang in there and chit chat with them for a bit :)
      23. Options
        tobumon wrote: »
        I'm getting rather annoyed. I've traveled between lots so many times and I've yet to see a single machete on the tables. Arrgh. I don't like how everything's random. I can't explore the jungle without one!! I'm sure not going to use my huge plum claws.

If you rent a villa, you get a gift of a few items you can use in jungle exploring, one of which is a machete. I would buy a few more as they become lost or wear out. Buy several of all the jungle items. Once you use them, they are gone.
      24. Options

They can buy the spider spray and much of the other items, but if you have Outdoor Retreat some of the herbalism potions can come in handy like insect repellent (not sure if that works for spiders) and some of the others.

This is just a stab in the dark, mind you, as I am by FAR NO EXPERT (as I keep proving over and over … ) but since a spider, technically, isn't an insect, I would be surprised, though pleased, should the insect repellent work against them. But, this IS the Sims, and all bets are off. ;)
      25. Options

This is just a stab in the dark, mind you, as I am by FAR NO EXPERT (as I keep proving over and over … ) but since a spider, technically, isn't an insect, I would be surprised, though pleased, should the insect repellent work against them. But, this IS the Sims, and all bets are off. ;)

It can't hurt to have some at the ready. :p
      26. Options
        PopcornHotsaucePopcornHotsauce Posts: 143 Member

That'll teach you to bring the family to the jungle! lol. In order to use the archaeology table, you have to level up your skill a bit. The sims will use the bug spray on their own when bug disaster strikes, but you have to have the right sprays. I actually love that sims don't automatically start out being skilled jungle explorers, and that the market items rotate availability so you can't just buy 50 of everything you need immediately. It's fun to see the interactions open up as you get better, and stops things from getting stale too quickly. Keep going, keep leveling up those skills, and soon your family will be seasoned pros. :)