Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

is anyone else tired of using the same six voices?

do you think there's a possibility we will ever get more? i'm so tired of hearing the same ones. :disappointed:
origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

Comments

• Options
    FosoSamFosoSam Posts: 637 Member
    I agree, we should only have one voice for all sims of all ages and all gender configurations.
    q6goV2s.png
    Officially blocked by @SimsVIP on Twitter!
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Back in my day we had one voice for each gender.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Yeah, it does get annoying after a while especially since I only use like the same 2 voices. LOL. But at least we can change the pitch so that's nice.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    FosoSamFosoSam Posts: 637 Member
    What if we just had all of the voices as text-to-speech robots
    q6goV2s.png
    Officially blocked by @SimsVIP on Twitter!
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Maybe try differing pitches. I think with the pitch slider, there are hundreds or more different voices. I usually use the same 2 types from the 6, so i guess i am not tired of them.
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Yeah, it does get annoying after a while especially since I only use like the same 2 voices. LOL. But at least we can change the pitch so that's nice.
    sims speaking in general just annoys me after a while tbh, i can't play without listening to something else in the background simultaneously.
    FosoSam wrote: »
    What if we just had all of the voices as text-to-speech robots
    as long as there are more than six. :#
    Maybe try differing pitches. I think with the pitch slider, there are hundreds or more different voices. I usually use the same 2 types from the 6, so i guess i am not tired of them.
    i've exhausted all of them, in varying pitches. perhaps i just have too many sims.

• Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    lol no, in fact until you mentioned it, I actually forgot you could change your sims' voice. :D
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    They could bump it to 8 or 10 or 12 voices....doesn't matter, when the game is played for countless hours, they'd all eventually get stale before long....if they had 100 different voices, that would be a different story.
  • Options
    RumancekRumancek Posts: 558 Member
    That would take them getting in a bunch of people to re-record lines over and over, with about a hundred different variations.

That's a lot of time and money they probably don't want to spare for something most people don't care about. I agree with that, tbh.
    That an uppercase i at the end of my name, not an L! Do not @ me with the L.
  • Options
    TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    I would love to have actual accents! <3 But Im afraid that is a level of detail we may never experience.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Whats really annoying is how few aspirations we have and how we hardly ever get new ones or new traits.

And how little traits affect our sims behavior. We need more interesting sims.

If I heard correctly we're actually getting two aspirations in the next Game Pack. Not sure if there are new traits though.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'm not tired of them. I do find some pitches more pleasant and some of the choices too... If I create a character like from a movie or tv show I try to match their voice tones as well as I can. When I download from the gallery I always check it too I love it when they do a good job matching a voice.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    After making a lot of Sims, the same 6 voices do get "bland" after awhile, even when changing pitches. It's like I already heard that voice and pitch style before, just some more prevalent then others.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    I can see where it can get dull, but as a few others have said we came from one voice to six and as others had said, I would whether have more traits, since imo, the traits make the sims more than their voices do.
  • Options
    batmanspiderman1batmanspiderman1 Posts: 8 New Member
    Yes!!
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    Tixyen wrote: »
    I can see where it can get dull, but as a few others have said we came from one voice to six and as others had said, I would whether have more traits, since imo, the traits make the sims more than their voices do.

traits are useless imo. the existing ones need to be overhauled before we get any more. in their current state all of my sims act the same, some of them are just tense more frequently lol.

• Options
    DraconDracon Posts: 119 Member
    Tixyen wrote: »

traits are useless imo. the existing ones need to be overhauled before we get any more. in their current state all of my sims act the same, some of them are just tense more frequently lol.

It would be awesome if voices could be opened up for Modding. I don't know if it is right now, but that would be a great way to get more voices.

I also agree with traits being useless. Regardless of the type of Traits I give a Sim, Happiness ALWAYS overrides everything. Thank God for some modded traits that don't allow this to happen.
  • Options
    theFellatheFella Posts: 297 Member
    I haven't got tired of the two TS2 voices yet, and I have been hearing them for 14 years. you can hold up.
    MeanBrilliantArrowworm-size_restricted.gif
  • Options
    BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
    I wonder if we could get voices with different personalities to them. Right now the default tone is 'happy' for all the voices. What if I want to play a mobster or a villain? We would need a low down serious down to earth voice. And it would stay that way even when happy.

Or maybe they could even give us voices with accents to them.
    Like a surfer dude would be all mellow and who always end his sentences with 'dude' and whatnot.
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    BlueOvale wrote: »
    I wonder if we could get voices with different personalities to them. Right now the default tone is 'happy' for all the voices. What if I want to play a mobster or a villain? We would need a low down serious down to earth voice. And it would stay that way even when happy.

Or maybe they could even give us voices with accents to them.
    Like a surfer dude would be all mellow and who always end his sentences with 'dude' and whatnot.

I agree. I want some deeper voices for the men.
  • Options
    DreamaDoveDreamaDove Posts: 393 Member
    yes, all the sims sound the same and it's REALLY annoying.
  • Options
    SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 335 Member
    Well, options similar to this would be neat.
    latest?cb=20140511174430
  • Options
    Funpuppy_sims345Funpuppy_sims345 Posts: 139 Member
    Well, options similar to this would be neat.
    latest?cb=20140511174430

O-O my fav. Game (besides the sims)
    Corgis4life
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    My biggest pet peeve about the voices is the West Coast accents that dominate a few of the options... :expressionless: