Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What am I doing wrong?? Washing machine!

Agh . Waited all day for the pack and now I can't get it to work lol

There is washing in the basket, I have bought a washing machine and dryer....

I click on the washing and it says no available washing machine!

Anyone else having the same problem?

Comments

• Options
    FiRobbo89FiRobbo89 Posts: 98 Member
    Have done... Didn't work :( I can use a washing tub but not the washing machine. I'm repairing game now to see if that helps
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    edited January 2018
    At least you got it to install. I've received my order confirmation email and when I click on my library in origin, it shows I have a download. But when I click on it, it just shows the download arrow and words telling me I have a download. Above it is the play button. I can't seem to get anywhere near this SP. :/ HELP What am I doing wrong? Oh, nevermind, I figured it out. Seems you are obligated to click on 'extra content' and scroll down to it then you can download. I don't recall it being this complicated in the past. Sheesh!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    Yeah I'm having the same issue. Is it a mod maybe?
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    The download for me only took a minute or so. As for washer issue could be a Mod.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    My washing machine works, but I had some problems because the basket was blocked by the toilet ... does your basket show into the correct direction?
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello
    For simmers having issues, try moving the items to another position in the room and see if that helps.

If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.
  • Options
    poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    edited January 2018
    I bought the stacked washer just to test and those work so I must be somehow blocking my washer or something. I'll report back after more testing.

Edit: I had a small table beside my washer and I guess that was it? I put a counter between it and the dryer and now all is well.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • Options
    I bought the stacked washer just to test and those work so I must be somehow blocking my washer or something. I'll report back after more testing.

Edit: I had a small table beside my washer and I guess that was it? I put a counter between it and the dryer and now all is well.

I tested the single washer as well and had no access problems.
  • Options
    boopishboopish Posts: 143 Member
    Yeah I'm having the same issue. Is it a mod maybe?

I am having this issue and the only mod I have downloaded is the UI cheats extension. Do you have that installed as well?
  • Options
    boopishboopish Posts: 143 Member
    Hey guys, I had a shelf above my washing machine and removing that shelf somehow allowed me to use the washing machine.
  • Options
    aktexaktex Posts: 367 Member
    I am having the same issue, no matter where I put the washer and dryer. I have no mods/cc.
    tcvoh84l0v7b6kg3g.jpg
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    aktex wrote: »
    I am having the same issue, no matter where I put the washer and dryer. I have no mods/cc.

Hello
    Try repairing the game and see if that helps
  • Options
    mariahedsellmariahedsell Posts: 5 New Member
    I Had the same issue i had shelves above my washer i think you cant have things above it. if u have anything up there move it. i was allowed to put a picture up there but if i put any type of shelf it wouldnt work even if there were no objects in the way of the shelf itself the washer still wouldnt work.
  • Options
    lltwanlllltwanll Posts: 23 New Member
    > @mariahedsell said:
    > I Had the same issue i had shelves above my washer i think you cant have things above it. if u have anything up there move it. i was allowed to put a picture up there but if i put any type of shelf it wouldnt work even if there were no objects in the way of the shelf itself the washer still wouldnt work.

Same here. I had the shelves(with the iron on it) above the washing machine and moved it away and it worked after that.
  • Options
    aktexaktex Posts: 367 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    aktex wrote: »

Hello
    Try repairing the game and see if that helps

That helped, thank you very much!
    tcvoh84l0v7b6kg3g.jpg
  • Options
    j3n1ynj3n1yn Posts: 70 Member
    lltwanll wrote: »
    > @mariahedsell said:
    > I Had the same issue i had shelves above my washer i think you cant have things above it. if u have anything up there move it. i was allowed to put a picture up there but if i put any type of shelf it wouldnt work even if there were no objects in the way of the shelf itself the washer still wouldnt work.

Same here. I had the shelves(with the iron on it) above the washing machine and moved it away and it worked after that.
    Same exact issue I had. Hopefully they fix this because that shelf looked perfect about my washer and dryer. Usually people have shelves above their washer in dryer in real life so surely this can't be intentional.
  • Options
    j3n1yn wrote: »
    lltwanll wrote: »
    > @mariahedsell said:

Same exact issue I had. Hopefully they fix this because that shelf looked perfect about my washer and dryer. Usually people have shelves above their washer in dryer in real life so surely this can't be intentional.

That is strange because in SimGuru Graham's live stream there are plenty of shelves above the washer.

Got to 38:20:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=TZ3VaOO-zDg&t=2347s
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Don't worry everyone, I know there will be many upset people with this pack and its bugs, but I'm sure they'll patch it next month. I don't think an emergency patch will happen though, but bless them if they do.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    CyclelegsCyclelegs Posts: 375 Member
    edited January 2018
    @LittleMsSam Has a fix out for the 'Washing Machines won't run with shelves' bug. Get it here http://littlemssam.de/washing-machine-fix/

The styled room in the gallery appears to have shelves above the Washing Machine so they should run. It must be a bug and not intentional.

qjmu5U9.jpg
    Post edited by Cyclelegs on
  • Options
    Reed0588Reed0588 Posts: 1 New Member
    > @boopish said:
    > Hey guys, I had a shelf above my washing machine and removing that shelf somehow allowed me to use the washing machine.

I had the same issue and after trying this (as I had a shelf too), it worked. So this looks like a possible solution.
  • Options
    RetinaStormRetinaStorm Posts: 185 Member
    Hi, is this a glitch or have I done it wrong?
    I put the clothes in the washer and it was still dirty :/ so i wash it again.. ok fine this time.
    Time for the dryer.. I had to put in twice as it was still wet

Is it working as it should? do I really have to turn on the machine with the same load a few times to get it clean/dry

If my washer done that in rl I'd toss it in the garden lol
  • Options
    ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    I had the exact same problem, moved the shelf from above my washing machine, and all was suddenly well. That's a thing that needs to change.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    It seems if you put your laundry room in a basement it says there is no available washer on the lot? Anyone else experiencing this?
  • Options
    Meegie1977Meegie1977 Posts: 224 Member
    I have had the same problems. I initially had a shelf above the washer and dryer, and that didn't work, so I removed the shelf and it worked. I replaced the shelf higher up and it worked fine for a day or two, now it's not working again and I have to delete the shelf. I don't understand if it was working why it would all of a sudden stop. So annoying!