Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Career Ideas

What new careers do you want to see in the Sims 4?

The careers I want to see are:
- Military
- Teacher / Professor
- Media Production (Videographer, Photographer, Video Editor, Radio Host, TV Host, etc)
- Movie Director / Actor / Actress / Producer
- Architect / Engineer
- Lawyer
- Airline Pilot / Flight Attendants
- Stylist (Make-Up Artists, Hair Stylists, etc)
- Therapist / Counselor / Psychologist
- Oceanographer / Scuba Diver / Lifeguard
- Adventurer
- Paranormal (Vampire Hunter, Witch Hunter, etc - maybe their goal can be to cure the supernatural and turn them back into humans?)
- Firefighter

I know some of them were in the previous games but these are some of the careers I would like to see come back or just see included in some of the future expansions for Sims 4. What careers do you want to see?

Comments

• Options
    lexii09lexii09 Posts: 1 New Member
    I think it would be a cool idea if they created a Realtor job. To some how link the Realtor position to a house that you created in Build Mode and set your sale price would be interesting and really fun.
  • Options
    misschristine14misschristine14 Posts: 118 Member
    Yess! A realtor would be an awesome career to include!
  • Options
    A dentist career would be awesome too! I just thought of it now
  • Options
    ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    Great ideas!
    Dentists would be pretty cool to have in sims.
    Hair stylist would also be pretty fun to have. They could own a hair salon or barber shop!

Here is what I came up with:
    • Pet sitting for teens
    • News Anchor
    • Food Blogger / Video Game Blogger
    • Fashion Designer
    • Tattoo artist
    • Celebrities (Band/Singer)
    • Pet Grooming services

I think a tattoo artist would be amazing and hilarious. The more skilled they are, more tattoos are unlocked. Maybe with a low skill, they can do tiny or silly tattoos. If they do a poor job because lack of skill, a sim could pay for tattoo removal. With a high skill, the more advanced the tattoos are. I would like to have finger tattoos, rib tattoos, and other options in sims.
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited January 2018
    Military
    Bands with a singer created with our Sims not townies
    Tattoo artist
    Hair stylist

Beyond this I don't care for any other careers unless they fix the retail we have now
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    I agree, I really want bands in the game with a singer! It sucks when it's just a band with no option to add a singer. I want them to be able to write songs together as a group and be able to pick the genre of music they want to be known as.
  • Options
    I love the idea for the tattoo artist! We need more tattoos in the game for sure. Fashion Designer is a unique career choice too!
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    I want Sims to earn money without jobs from alimony, child support, suing, gift donations, lottery and unemployment checks.
  • Options
    SassycottonSassycotton Posts: 438 Member
    Firefighter
    Humane society worker
    All kinds of jobs for amusement parks
    Zookeeper
    Petshop workers
    Mailman
    Miltary
    Teacher/princple
  • Options
    AgentJuliaAgentJulia Posts: 77 Member
    I think a teacher career would be nice also. I wish there was also a different kind of political career where it focuses more on law and government rather than activism and causes. Maybe I'm searching for a lawyer or a judge. Or a mayor/president.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    AgentJulia wrote: »
    I think a teacher career would be nice also. I wish there was also a different kind of political career where it focuses more on law and government rather than activism and causes. Maybe I'm searching for a lawyer or a judge. Or a mayor/president.

um there's 2 branches of Political career-there's the Activist one but there's also the other one which you can end up as the President which is just called "Politican"
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    AntPosnerAntPosner Posts: 2 New Member
    Scubadiver ;)
  • Options
    DraconDracon Posts: 119 Member
    I've read that Vampire Hunter is in the code and is not activated. I really hope that they do add Vampire Hunters in the game BUT not just cure them of Vampirism, but even the potential of actually KILLING our sims. In my opinion, there are too little threats to our Sims. I would more danger, and more hardships.
  • Options
    Dracon wrote: »
    I've read that Vampire Hunter is in the code and is not activated. I really hope that they do add Vampire Hunters in the game BUT not just cure them of Vampirism, but even the potential of actually KILLING our sims. In my opinion, there are too little threats to our Sims. I would more danger, and more hardships.

Yes! I would like the vampire hunters to be able to kill them too but knowing how sims is usually developed, them just being cured of vampirism was something they would do. Hopefully they can kill them though :) I want the vamps to at least be scared of the vampire hunters and actually see them as a threat
  • Options
    AgentJulia wrote: »

I want a lawyer career too. I know theres a political career if you do the political branch you can be a council official, council person, representative, etc but i would like for there to just be a lawyer career that can lead to a judge and have cases where you have to defend criminals. Idk, something to make it more interesting.
  • Options
    Firefighter
    Humane society worker
    All kinds of jobs for amusement parks
    Zookeeper
    Petshop workers
    Mailman
    Miltary
    Teacher/princple

I think a zookeeper would be super interesting! And YES I want amusement parks in the game!!
  • Options
    SnaveXs wrote: »
    I want Sims to earn money without jobs from alimony, child support, suing, gift donations, lottery and unemployment checks.

Yes!! I think all of this should be included in the game!!!!! It would make it so interesting! I would love for one of my sims to win the lottery lol!
  • Options
    Ooh and if they finally add cars, maybe there can even be a Racer career track? Maybe a mechanical engineer or car dealer as well. I also wouldn't mind an actual singing career and dancing career instead of just having these as skills. These are just some extra ideas :)
  • Options
    SassycottonSassycotton Posts: 438 Member
    Those are real cool! Also I would love Ghost hunting jobs or jobs to do that involve paranormol
  • Options
    Those are real cool! Also I would love Ghost hunting jobs or jobs to do that involve paranormol

I agree, I love paranormal jobs too! They need to come out with more supernatural game packs or just an expansion pack already. I miss witches, werewolves, mermaids, genies, etc :(
  • Options
    StickmanArmy2019StickmanArmy2019 Posts: 3 New Member
    I think Engineering would be fun to add. And different Engineering feilds so like Civil, Machanical, Robotics, Aerospace, Computer, etc.
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    I would really like a self-employed option.

I really like the teacher/principal and Band with singer idea.

I would also like part-time jobs/low paying jobs for my sims. Also for there to be more of the work from home careers.
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    edited January 2018
    What new careers do you want to see in the Sims 4?

- Stylist (Make-Up Artists, Hair Stylists, etc)
    - Therapist / Counselor / Psychologist

I especially like those 2 ideas, but only if they were done in a certain way.

Stylist:
    Your sim can open a shop, similar to a retail store and townies come in to get a make-over e.g. "I have a date tonight with a guy I really want to impress, I need a new gown and styling." And then you would make over their formal wear and this would actually be their new formal wear. Or they could also ask for a complete make-over or perhaps new athletic wear because they want they think the new trainer at the gym is cute. But you would actually change their outfits permanently.

Therapist:
    Also an active career with an actual office to hold therapy sessions. Sims would come in because they want to change something about themselves, perhaps they are unflirty, kleptomaniacs or gloomy. When you accept a sim as a patient you would schedule several sessions in the calendar and depending on the outcome of the therapy regimen you would actually change one of their traits - for better or worse, depending on your qualification, the number of sessions you planned and how you conducted them. If unsuccessful the trait they wanted help with could change from unflirty to loner, from kleptomaniac to slob (because they are starting to hord) and from gloomy to mean or evil. If successful their traits could change form unflirty to outgoing, from kleptomaniac to good (because they like to donate to charity instead of taking things) and from gloomy to cheerful. These are just examples of course.

I guess what I am saying is I want careers that are active and actually have an impact on your sims' surroundings.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    I would like to see hairdresser, stylist where they can work in a shop or be mobile, traveling to Sims houses and cutting hair that could help in to other vip clubs.

Psychologist, councillor who could fix relationships , help sims remove anger, anxiety etc.

Actor, Actress can meet other actors, practice , rehearse and act, on stage, screen, there can be props, this can also be on screen.

Travel writer , Sims can travel to other worlds, taste delicacies, be involved in adventure, visit attractions and write about them in the press, journal.

• Options
    ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    Hi again! lol I've written in other posts before about the News Anchor job, but I'll go a little bit in depth here. I think we should have a Television career (or pack) that brings these new careers, like Acting, News, or even Entertainment like bands/singers.
    • First, I would love to have a news anchor/meteorologist career so that you can watch them sit in front of a green screen, click on the different topics you'd want them to talk about, and maybe it can show up on the TV. The topics could be weather, pets, food, festivals, crime rates, breaking news (report live), celebrity gossip, etc. You could also warn sims of upcoming weather conditions or meteor showers to look out for and you can report "live" any protests going on or UFO sightings. I guess there would be different tracks that they can go into, like News, Entertainment, Sports, or Weather and their topics will vary depending on that. Maybe you can start out by being a paparazzi or having silly side stories like "dog of the year" for a dog that found something interesting in the dirt, similar to the movie Bruce Almighty :D
    • The acting career could be like @wrenstales said. Actors can rehearse, act on stage, mess with props, set up the set design, meet other actors, and more. They can increase their celebrity status by doing as many films or shows as possible. They can start out on a stage and perform plays and then work their way up to filming popular movies. Maybe they can be interviewed by other sims in the News career, get their pictures or autographs taken, or give a tour of the set.
    Ayy It's Mell ♥