Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why not mod support for XBOX?

Microsoft's console has a version of Windows 10 and allow access to files, then why no support mods?

Or is because Sony no allow it (officially, without hacks) then Maxis no want than Playstation users feel low class users?

Comments

• Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    leo3487 wrote: »
    Microsoft's console has a version of Windows 10 and allow access to files, then why no support mods?

Or is because Sony no allow it (officially, without hacks) then Maxis no want than Playstation users feel low class users?

I can't understand your post at the end.

PlayStation users feel low class?
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    edited December 2017
    marcel21 wrote: »

No, I say than Microsoft allow than access to filesystem
    Playstation no
    Then Maxis no develop mod support for XBOX, no due technical limitation, else due at playstation cant access to filesystem then only could add mod suppor for xbox

And THAT would make the version for xbox be better than version for playstation (if add mod support only for microsoft console)
  • Options
    In other words, as Microsoft allow access to files but playstation no, if maxis develop mod and cc suport for xbox (the one than technically, oficially, without hacks, allow it) playstation simmers will see unfair that move of maxis
  • Options
    floralneyfloralney Posts: 230 Member
    Yeah, I think PlayStation players would get mad if Xbox got mods and cc.
  • Options
    ILuvBritneySpearsILuvBritneySpears Posts: 14 New Member
    Well maybe it will help increase Xbox sales if they exclusively get sims 4 modding capabilities . Consoles don’t need to be equal !
  • Options
    edited December 2017

Playstation no
    Then Maxis no develop mod support for XBOX, no due technical limitation, else due at playstation cant access to filesystem then only could add mod suppor for xbox

And THAT would make the version for xbox be better than version for playstation (if add mod support only for microsoft console)

Understand.
    Thank you.

I would be pretty mad if xbox1 got a better version than PlayStation.

• Options

Playstation no

Understand.
    Thank you.

I would be pretty mad if xbox1 got a better version than PlayStation.

Yeah
    Would be same version but with mod and cc support
    (then would be a great difference)
  • Options
    Callum2000Callum2000 Posts: 802 Member
    Maybe it's because of performance. Even if mods was allowed on both consoles it wouldn't be as well optimised as on PC.
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    It's unlikely. Maxis prefers a hands-off approach to mods.

Unlike, say, Bethesda, who wants to exert as much control over their modding community as possible.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    NefNef Posts: 6 New Member
    > @kwanzaabot said:
    > It's unlikely. Maxis prefers a hands-off approach to mods.
    >
    > Unlike, say, Bethesda, who wants to exert as much control over their modding community as possible.

And this is why I feel only Bethesda are allowed to do modding on console. They oversee the whole thing with quite the degree of pressence.
  • Options
    NefNef Posts: 6 New Member
    ^Meant to say, "why only Bethesda allow"
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    My guess is because the console programming is different from the PC, so mods made for PC would not work for console.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    My guess is because the console programming is different from the PC, so mods made for PC would not work for console.
    Plus do you really think that is fair to the people on PS4 for only Xbox have the CC and or mods.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    Plus do you really think that is fair to the people on PS4 for only Xbox have the CC and or mods.

I know right.
    Its kind of selfish.
    Agree if they do manage to give us options it should be for both. Oh I wish they did a gallery first. I think that's more important for some of us you build houses, create rooms or sims.

And some fixes as this games riddled with bugs :(

• Options

I know right.
    Its kind of selfish.
    Agree if they do manage to give us options it should be for both. Oh I wish they did a gallery first. I think that's more important for some of us you build houses, create rooms or sims.

I would love the gallery I am not the best builder and Newcrest just sits blank because I can't build.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options

I know right.
    Its kind of selfish.

I would love the gallery I am not the best builder and Newcrest just sits blank because I can't build.

Agree. Yes not everybody builds.
    It's odd not having anything.I miss other peoples lots to replace the boring ones found in the base game.
    I have just paid for dine out Luks party just to give me building options to build the empty new crest.
    Saying that I don't want the town full of food venues. I hope the hurry up with the next expansion because I don't want to build the whole town.

• Options
    edited January 2018

I know right.
    Its kind of selfish.

Agree. Yes not everybody builds.
    It's odd not having anything.I miss other peoples lots to replace the boring ones found in the base game.
    I have just paid for dine out Luks party just to give me building options to build the empty new crest.
    Saying that I don't want the town full of food venues. I hope the hurry up with the next expansion because I don't want to build the whole town.
    Yup I don't want a entire world be just venues and now that I have Dine Out i can at least have my sim eat at a restaurant.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    edited January 2018

But for xbox yet have officialy the tools for game and users access to the filesystem, without need of hacks, then if unfair, then blame to Sony, no EA
  • Options

But for xbox yet have officialy the tools for game and users access to the filesystem, without need of hacks, then if unfair, then blame to Sony, no EA
    I find that sad that you condone that Xbox only should have CC and Mods just because Microsoft has the tools to make that happen. I wasn't blaming anyone I just think if we were to have that option they both should get it not just the Xbox One, I have the Xbox One version but alot of people are playing on PS4.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    edited January 2018

I find that sad that you condone that Xbox only should have CC and Mods just because Microsoft has the tools to make that happen. I wasn't blaming anyone I just think if we were to have that option they both should get it not just the Xbox One, I have the Xbox One version but alot of people are playing on PS4.

ok then return at my first post (where I opened this thread). EA is waiting than Sony provide user end tools to manage files. But if it never happens?

Or the other option would be, as the game actually can access to files (else how would it work?) use an in-game gallery of mods and CC
    But again, how will feed that gallery with mods? using a pc?
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member

Actually, I do not find it sad being if Sony is given an chance for it's customers to use mods and they opt out regardless of how thier customers feel. If Xbox does have the tools and they wish for thier customers to have them and EA allows it I see no problem with that for they are other programs out there that fall into this and Sony refused but the other company pushed ahead.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

Actually, I do not find it sad being if Sony is given an chance for it's customers to use mods and they opt out regardless of how thier customers feel. If Xbox does have the tools and they wish for thier customers to have them and EA allows it I see no problem with that for they are other programs out there that fall into this and Sony refused but the other company pushed ahead.
    I personally don't think that is fair to the people who are on PS4 does that mean Xbox is the superior platform because Sony won't allow mods and CC? Both platforms should have mods and CC if possible or none at all if one won't support them.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options

I personally don't think that is fair to the people who are on PS4 does that mean Xbox is the superior platform because Sony won't allow mods and CC? Both platforms should have mods and CC if possible or none at all if one won't support them.

Then would be unfair for xbox users than know than Maxis technically could do it but no do it due Playstation dont allow it, would feel as Maxis level to down

• Options

Then would be unfair for xbox users than know than Maxis technically could do it but no do it due Playstation dont allow it, would feel as Maxis level to down
    Its the next gen consoles and right now it doesn't support mods or CC. Xbox isn't the superior consoles much to your belief they are both equal So if one can't support mods or CC none of them should get it. That is really a no brainer because its very unfair that one console supports it while the other doesn't you would have a bunch of angry simmers on your hand if the Xbox One supported mods and CC and the PS4 didn't.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited January 2018

Doesn't always work at that way being there are other instances where devs offers a benefit to both companies and one declines and the dev gave the benefit to the company that had accepted it. Has nothing to do with what system is superior it just the options available to each. PS4 can use mods but Sony will not allow it but if EA offers it to MS they have the right to accept it regardless if Sony will not.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen