Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why not mod support for XBOX?

Comments

• GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited January 2018
    leo3487 wrote: »
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    My guess is because the console programming is different from the PC, so mods made for PC would not work for console.
    Plus do you really think that is fair to the people on PS4 for only Xbox have the CC and or mods.

But for xbox yet have officialy the tools for game and users access to the filesystem, without need of hacks, then if unfair, then blame to Sony, no EA
    I find that sad that you condone that Xbox only should have CC and Mods just because Microsoft has the tools to make that happen. I wasn't blaming anyone I just think if we were to have that option they both should get it not just the Xbox One, I have the Xbox One version but alot of people are playing on PS4.

Actually, I do not find it sad being if Sony is given an chance for it's customers to use mods and they opt out regardless of how thier customers feel. If Xbox does have the tools and they wish for thier customers to have them and EA allows it I see no problem with that for they are other programs out there that fall into this and Sony refused but the other company pushed ahead.
    I personally don't think that is fair to the people who are on PS4 does that mean Xbox is the superior platform because Sony won't allow mods and CC? Both platforms should have mods and CC if possible or none at all if one won't support them.

Then would be unfair for xbox users than know than Maxis technically could do it but no do it due Playstation dont allow it, would feel as Maxis level to down
    Its the next gen consoles and right now it doesn't support mods or CC. Xbox isn't the superior consoles much to your belief they are both equal So if one can't support mods or CC none of them should get it. That is really a no brainer because its very unfair that one console supports it while the other doesn't you would have a bunch of angry simmers on your hand if the Xbox One supported mods and CC and the PS4 didn't.

Going OT, If you are referring to the Xbox One X I disagree the only advantage the PS4 Slim or Pro has over the Xbox One X is the selection of games. As far as specs goes the Xbox One X has the advantage, I own the Xbox One S and the X and also the PS4. Even if it was offered for both or just one I would not use them being I do not use mods on the PC.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    edited January 2018
    My guess is because the console programming is different from the PC, so mods made for PC would not work for console.
    Plus do you really think that is fair to the people on PS4 for only Xbox have the CC and or mods.

But for xbox yet have officialy the tools for game and users access to the filesystem, without need of hacks, then if unfair, then blame to Sony, no EA
    I find that sad that you condone that Xbox only should have CC and Mods just because Microsoft has the tools to make that happen. I wasn't blaming anyone I just think if we were to have that option they both should get it not just the Xbox One, I have the Xbox One version but alot of people are playing on PS4.

Actually, I do not find it sad being if Sony is given an chance for it's customers to use mods and they opt out regardless of how thier customers feel. If Xbox does have the tools and they wish for thier customers to have them and EA allows it I see no problem with that for they are other programs out there that fall into this and Sony refused but the other company pushed ahead.
    I personally don't think that is fair to the people who are on PS4 does that mean Xbox is the superior platform because Sony won't allow mods and CC? Both platforms should have mods and CC if possible or none at all if one won't support them.

Then would be unfair for xbox users than know than Maxis technically could do it but no do it due Playstation dont allow it, would feel as Maxis level to down
    Its the next gen consoles and right now it doesn't support mods or CC. Xbox isn't the superior consoles much to your belief they are both equal So if one can't support mods or CC none of them should get it. That is really a no brainer because its very unfair that one console supports it while the other doesn't you would have a bunch of angry simmers on your hand if the Xbox One supported mods and CC and the PS4 didn't.

Going OT, If you are referring to the Xbox One X I disagree the only advantage the PS4 Slim or Pro has over the Xbox One X is the selection of games. As far as specs goes the Xbox One X has the advantage, I own the Xbox One S and the X and also the PS4. Even if it was offered for both or just one I would not use them being I do not use mods on the PC.

I just read than xbox one now has not build in the file explorer, but you can download that app.... and is made by Microsoft!
    Then still it is a great advantage with PS4 (a file exploer for that console is a hack program, quite unofficial)

https://www.psxhax.com/threads/ps4-3-55-file-browser-by-theorywrong.674
    I guess post this link is not against rules as is not pirate version of The Sims
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited January 2018

I just read than xbox one now has not build in the file explorer, but you can download that app.... and is made by Microsoft!
    Then still it is a great advantage with PS4 (a file exploer for that console is a hack program, quite unofficial)

I guess post this link is not against rules as is not pirate version of The Sims

I would remove that link just to be safe.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member

I own the Xbox S I don't plan to upgrade and I have a PS4 and if I had gotten the game on PS4 I would be very disappointed that one had a way to support mods and the other didn't.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

Xbox doesn’t have mod support, and even with it’s modified version of Windows 10 having support for files, that does not make The Sims 4 on console moddable, or compatible with mods of any kind.

If EA wanted to bring mods/CC to Sims 4 they could do so on either console, but that isn’t going to happen because EA does not support mods. The console games that support modding do not have external mods, they are downloaded via a content manager in-game (Steam Workshop primarily). With how often mods break on PC, it would be a technical nightmare for both EA and the mod creator keeping their files updated and compatible with the console games, as well as the PC game which are running on completely different platforms.

Xbox doesn’t have mod support, and even with it’s modified version of Windows 10 having support for files, that does not make The Sims 4 on console moddable, or compatible with mods of any kind.

If EA wanted to bring mods/CC to Sims 4 they could do so on either console, but that isn’t going to happen because EA does not support mods. The console games that support modding do not have external mods, they are downloaded via a content manager in-game (Steam Workshop primarily). With how often mods break on PC, it would be a technical nightmare for both EA and the mod creator keeping their files updated and compatible with the console games, as well as the PC game which are running on completely different platforms.
    Though CC doesn't and I wouldn't mind if mods couldn't be on the console just CC I would be fine with that. I am not the biggest fan of using EA's clothes or hair.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »

I know right.
    Its kind of selfish.
    Agree if they do manage to give us options it should be for both. Oh I wish they did a gallery first. I think that's more important for some of us you build houses, create rooms or sims.

And some fixes as this games riddled with bugs :(
    I would love the gallery I am not the best builder and Newcrest just sits blank because I can't build.

Agree. Yes not everybody builds.
    It's odd not having anything.I miss other peoples lots to replace the boring ones found in the base game.
    I have just paid for dine out Luks party just to give me building options to build the empty new crest.
    Saying that I don't want the town full of food venues. I hope the hurry up with the next expansion because I don't want to build the whole town.

Not having much luck with dine out. Its riddled with bugs

Being just able to eat out is becoming impossible and game breaking

12 hours or more to get a meal
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

I know right.
    Its kind of selfish.
    Agree if they do manage to give us options it should be for both. Oh I wish they did a gallery first. I think that's more important for some of us you build houses, create rooms or sims.

I would love the gallery I am not the best builder and Newcrest just sits blank because I can't build.

It's odd not having anything.I miss other peoples lots to replace the boring ones found in the base game.
    I have just paid for dine out Luks party just to give me building options to build the empty new crest.
    Saying that I don't want the town full of food venues. I hope the hurry up with the next expansion because I don't want to build the whole town.

Wait that sounds like the PC version. :joy:

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member

I know right.
    Its kind of selfish.

Wait that sounds like the PC version. :joy:

It does seem so.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• GamingwithlilGamingwithlil Posts: 7 New Member
    I have a USB that has cc on it, maybe if I pulg that into the console it would work but it wouldn't because it isn't formatted into the game so I'm guessing no.
  • NarwhalthecookieNarwhalthecookie Posts: 5 New Member
    I understand it will probably have to much stuff in it but why not JUST mods or cc?
  • NarwhalthecookieNarwhalthecookie Posts: 5 New Member
    > @Callum2000 said:
    > Maybe it's because of performance. Even if mods was allowed on both consoles it wouldn't be as well optimised as on PC.

I agree it would probably just crash our session and not save it. It has too much stuff
  • SteveTheSimmerSteveTheSimmer Posts: 49 Member
    I don't see them releasing mod/cc support to be honest and I doubt highly they would ever have it so only the Xbox would support mods/cc and not the ps4
    edited June 2018
    Hey.... Python is a multi-platform language
    Then why most of you say than modders need make mod versions for pc, xbox and PS4?
    The Sims 4 mods suppport is implemented in Python. Also once the game is loaded, files speak same language for all TS4 versions. Mostly for .package files
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Hey.... Python is a multi-platform language
    Then why most of you say than modders need make mod versions for pc, xbox and PS4?
    The Sims 4 mods suppport is implemented in Python. Also once the game is loaded, files speak same language for all TS4 versions. Mostly for .package files

EA does not support the mods, in fact they warn you against using them if you install any via PC. They made it easier to install mods and cc, but there is always the pop up warning if you install them that discourges use. I just assume that since they are not really supported, the console versions will not get them.
  • JPGamingUKJPGamingUK Posts: 4 New Member
    It’s not Microsoft or EA’s fault if mods come to Xbox and not PS4, Cities Skylines has mods on Xbox but Sony constantly kept denying there users access to mods. It’s nothing to do with the company that makes the games it’s actually down to Sony. So if Xbox does eventually get mods and PS4 doesn’t don’t blame anyone but Sony but the solution is simple buy an Xbox........
    Maxis can makeXbox version be compatible with mods. Why no do it?

I just see Fallout and Skyrim case... and can say Sony NEVER will allow mods. But Microsoft yes, then why wait until Sony review their policies over mods to allow them at both consoles?
  • Bluebirddevil5970Bluebirddevil5970 Posts: 400 Member
    Hell no I don't want cc or mods on xbox at all look at the amount of trouble pc players have it would slow console play down so much epscially when we are getting all the packs it would just be madness
    Maxis can makeXbox version be compatible with mods. Why no do it?

I just see Fallout and Skyrim case... and can say Sony NEVER will allow mods. But Microsoft yes, then why wait until Sony review their policies over mods to allow them at both consoles?

Try to convincing EA to support mods in general than. They do not even voice support for mods via the PC. While it was made a bit more simple to add mods via PC, that is also the first thing that is blamed for all glitches and bugs. It can be frustrating, especially for players that do not use mods. If your game on console has bugs and glitches, they can't automatically blame mods without looking into it like is done via PC.

What mods are you really needing? Maybe you should get the PC version if you require mods. I get it, because I had both PC and console versions at one point (daughter wanted console). I knew I could not play without a story progression mod, so I stuck to PC. Ultimately, my daughter hated the controls so the console version was returned.
    What mods?
    Story progression
    Lifespan changes
    Change game speed (1 sim second = 25 ms is so fast for me, short days)
    edited September 2018
    What mods?
    Story progression
    Lifespan changes

The first two of those can be taken care by one single mod via PC. Never have seen a mode to change the game speed though. Like I said, if you require mods, go the PC route. Again, EA does not really "approve" of mod use in the first place.
    edited September 2018
    What mods?
    Story progression
    Lifespan changes

The first two of those can be taken care by one single mod via PC. Never have seen a mode to change the game speed though. Like I said, if you require mods, go the PC route. Again, EA does not really "approve" of mod use in the first place.

In fact all 3 can be done by MCCC
    Game speed change is quite convenient, as give to your sims change to do more things at a day

With default day lenght a sim day is gone in 0.6 hours= 36 minutes
    With my 1 sim sec = 40 ms a sim day is gone in 0.96 hours = 57.6 minutes
    Post edited by leo3487 on
  • MissJayyMissJayy Posts: 4 New Member
    I mean... whatever they do to Sims 4 on Xbox, they have to do for PS4 because they are the only two consoles that we can actually purchase this game on. But I totally agree with you, the mods are definetly useful I just love the clothing, hair (ETC) that comes with it.
    edited September 2018
    MissJayy wrote: »
    I mean... whatever they do to Sims 4 on Xbox, they have to do for PS4.

But as I said, and see Fallout example. Sony put limits at mods and CC support, Microsoft no

read this also
    https://bethesda.net/community/topic/58089/understanding-sony-restrictions-on-ps4-mods-things-to-know-before-you-make-a-request/2
    Post edited by leo3487 on
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    [quote="leo3487;c-16702146"]Maxis can makeXbox version be compatible with mods. Why no do it?

I just see Fallout and Skyrim case... and can say Sony NEVER will allow mods. But Microsoft yes, then why wait until Sony review their policies over mods to allow them at both consoles?[/quote]

There are mods for Skyrim on ps4