Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why can't kids walk the dogs?

Seriously, big oversight. I can't imagine it took too much animation work, it's really just a rope. Only animation they need to add is the leashing one. Any mods yet that let kids walk dogs?
e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png

Comments

• Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Excellent point. EA can not think outside the box. All about the money.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Yeah I would love to see children getting dragged across the hard cement/asphalt by their dog.

video-undefined-275A14F600000578-748_636x356.jpg
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    I also wish children could walk their dogs. There are many other things I would like to see children be able to do. Right now they are too limited.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Yeah I would love to see children getting dragged across the hard cement/asphalt by their dog.

video-undefined-275A14F600000578-748_636x356.jpg

LOL that would be funny! Not like Maxis would add that in though, Sims 4 is way too ‘G’ rated for that kind of humor.

Dogs can drag adults too btw, and likewise that would have been pretty funny had they included it in the EP. Dogs dragging kids isn’t really a strong argument for *not* allowing kids to walk dogs.
  • Options
    oasis10oasis10 Posts: 81 Member
    I know it would be cool if kids could do more with the pets.
  • Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    Laziness with making animations again, I assume.

No logical reason why children wouldn't be able to walk dogs.
  • Options
    GrandRailGrandRail Posts: 60 Member
    Children seriously cannot walk dogs in this one? This is certainly a missed opportunity for sure. You'd think there'd be more to an expansion pack. I don't own it yet and I don't think I will until there are more interaction mods out for it, if those ever show. Sure, we get pets... but it seems rather lackluster to be honest.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @agustd wrote: »

I think it’s just an oversight. There’s no animations needed to add this for Kids.

There was a gif of a Child walking the dog on Twitter by The Sims team.

I assume it was planned but forgotten more than a case of “laziness” or “can’t do”.

It happens I guess.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »

I think it’s just an oversight. There’s no animations needed to add this for Kids.

I assume it was planned but forgotten more than a case of “laziness” or “can’t do”.

It happens I guess.

Please find this gif. I haven’t seen it, and I even looked for it. You’ve brought it up more than once so please share what you’re talking about. I find it incredibly hard to believe they made kids able to walk dogs, but forgot about including it and not fixing that ASAP. It’s more likely a case of laziness, and a bad company vision mixed with budget constraints.
  • Options
    whyaccesswhyaccess Posts: 182 Member
    Walking other sims dogs could be a grate way for children, teens, and adults, to make extra cash.
  • Options
    BenincasaBenincasa Posts: 104 Member
    If it really is something they forgot (which I doubt) then I really hope they add it in through a patch or something soon. The children feel kind of limited in what they can do so it is sad they made yet another activity not available for the children. It feels like in The Sims, life doesn't start until you're a teenager. Before that you're just something that takes up a family slot, goes to school, do homework and that's it. Maybe I am playing them wrong, I don't know.
  • Options

It happens I guess.

Please find this gif. I haven’t seen it, and I even looked for it. You’ve brought it up more than once so please share what you’re talking about. I find it incredibly hard to believe they made kids able to walk dogs, but forgot about including it and not fixing that ASAP. It’s more likely a case of laziness, and a bad company vision mixed with budget constraints.

Go through the Sims Twitter. You can toggle via media. I have bad internet and it would take me hours to load them all. All that was missing was a leash. So a small FX leash can’t be that hard to add.

“Bad company vision” and budget don’t really come into it. It’s like how EA let adults build Sandcastles in TS3 but Toddlers can’t do anything. Which is really weird. The adult animations are also Toddler like and it’s creepy.

It just happens. It’s probably just a simple oversight. Straight and simple.

I doubt they said “on no we don’t WANT kids to walk dogs” or “we can’t afford it”. All the tech is there.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    edited December 2017
    Is it this one?

Because they're just walking side-by-side without a leash here. And it seems like the GIF is just staged to make it look like the kid is walking the dog.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    I think you are correct, this is just staged, but then, they do that a lot to promote something. Anything for a sale.

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    PhoeSavsMom_83PhoeSavsMom_83 Posts: 20 Member
    It would be nice. That could allow kids to develop more responsibility.
  • Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    I found a mod last night that lets kids walk dogs. It was created by LittleMsSam.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    @jackjack_k What's the mod? Been looking for one.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

http://littlemssam.de/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/LittleMsSam_KidsGoForAWalkDogs.zip

It still has the stretch glitch, because I’m guessing they only fixed glitches for what’s in the game.

:)
  • Options
    saishousaishou Posts: 276 Member
    edited January 2018
    I did not even think of that, it would be a nice addition to have kids be able to walk dogs :D
    Keep moving forward.

- My Art - Website - OriginID : saishou
    pv_by_sai_shou-dbye3yu.jpg
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member

http://littlemssam.de/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/LittleMsSam_KidsGoForAWalkDogs.zip

It still has the stretch glitch, because I’m guessing they only fixed glitches for what’s in the game.

:)

Thanks! I tried the mod out and they only stretch a bit while putting the leash on. The leash is also positioned a little off from their fingers, but otherwise looks fine.

I also noticed that when my kid walked her dog, her responsibility went up. Maybe they were planning to let kids walk dogs at one point because of that bit of programming that would never get triggered otherwise.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    thekey23thekey23 Posts: 37 Member
    they should be able to walk the dog and gain responsibility. It should have been an option for a kid to request a pet and then be responsible for it that would have been cool
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    thekey23 wrote: »
    they should be able to walk the dog and gain responsibility. It should have been an option for a kid to request a pet and then be responsible for it that would have been cool

I agree
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    Removed a few comments from this.

Feedback and criticism is welcomed, but let's keep it constructive and avoid personal attacks against each other.

Thanks,
    Mage
  • Options
    AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member
    Seriously, big oversight. I can't imagine it took too much animation work, it's really just a rope. Only animation they need to add is the leashing one. Any mods yet that let kids walk dogs?

They were probably like "after spending years making this pack, it's too much effort to make it so kids can walk the dog. We'll leave it out."
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    @jackjack_k There is stretching with the leash animation, which I expected. It seems like their arms are stretched a bit longer but I cant tell.

Otherwise, I dont really mind and its something ive been looking for. Thanks :)