Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For Those Currently Playing and Enjoying Sims 4

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I think it would be more interesting to ask everyone here which game they started playing. I can't take your poll because though I bought just about everything for TS4, except some stuff packs, I'm not currently enjoying it. And I didn't start with The Sims but with Sim City 2000 (1999).
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I started with TS3. I didn't vote cause for the moment I don't play TS4.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    Saga-MinxSaga-Minx Posts: 580 Member
    Sims 1
    I started with sims 1.
    Don't remember much about it.
    I loved sims 2, but it was sims 3 that will always be my favorite.
    The open world and the freedom in creativity. That game had me hooked for years.
    I like sims 4, but I don't feel the same magic as with sims 3.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,955 Member
    Sims 1
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I think it would be more interesting to ask everyone here which game they started playing. I can't take your poll because though I bought just about everything for TS4, except some stuff packs, I'm not currently enjoying it. And I didn't start with The Sims but with Sim City 2000 (1999).

The reason for the thread was to try to dispel the notion that in order to enjoy the Sims 4 you have to have started with Sims 4. As I said earlier I know you can't translate these results to the larger sims community but it's a bit interesting to see that a lot of us who are playing and enjoying the game actually started with Sims 1. Please feel free to start another poll for everyone to participate.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Sims 1
    I started with Sims 1 and played without expansions, mods, or custom content from when it launched up until 2015. When we switched to Windows 10, I could not get it to download and be playable.i then researched for a year between Sims 3 and Sims 4. I decided there were many things I disliked about Sims 3, so I got Sims 4. Many simmers have told me I am not a true simmer to them since I refused to purchase/play Sims 2 since the original played fine on my computer and that I also hate things that many love in Sims 3.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited December 2017
    Sims 1
    aricarai wrote: »
    I'm like @BeJaWa - I started back in 2000, but didn't vote because I'm not currently playing, but at one point I enjoyed it.

For those of you that feel you don't belong or don't feel welcome in the community, I'm curious as to what would make you feel more welcome or have a better since of belonging?
    I know when I first joined forums, people wanted to pit me in a side right away with labels like it was some sort of Romeo and Juliet tragedy. I think for one in order to make it feel more welcoming is not to assume the worst of people. I know that forums aren't very welcoming to new posters including myself when I first joined and the whole sides debate gets really intimidating. It is like ok I'm just trying to figure out this forums and meet new people. So I think getting rid of the politics on forums would improve things a lot. Like don't stick Simmers into a side, let them have their own voice and some of us just don't like playing politics like school children. We just want to talk about our favorite Sims games and share our stories and come up with new ideas for the future and let the QA Gurus know of any bugs we encounter. I know for me regardless how I have felt about the game, I have felt unwelcomed and it feels like it is getting worst. I don't feel welcomed here, I never have. But I keep coming back because despite all the bad, I have met some neat Simmers and Gurus here who accept me for who I am despite it all. I think it does help welcoming new Simmers and putting differences aside to do so. Let them discover forums for themselves instead of doing the blanket statement, "forums are bad go away from here." That doesn't make forums a welcoming place to be when that keeps being repeated everywhere.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited December 2017
    Sims 1
    I had started with Sims 1. Though Sims 2 wasn't too far off in coming out at the time. Thought the Sims was the most interesting, yet strangest game I ever played. Didn't even know the game had expansions until I was playing two and had to look back at one and it just kinda blew my mind like 'whhhhattttttt'? What also got me into playing games like SimCity when I found out what other games Maxis did at the time.

I was having a good time, yet also a bad time with the original Sims. Didn't take much for things to get chaotic and depressing pfft, still love it though. Kinda just played almost every iteration of the games when they came out from PC to the spinoff's on console.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    edited December 2017
    Sims 2 was my first Sims game. But if we include other games made by Maxis then I started with the original SimCity game which Maxis released in 1989 a long time before EA bought Maxis in 1997 ;) If we also include other games then I also played several games even before that ;)

I don’t really remember my very first game. But AFAIR it was a classic adventure game. Those games were very popular until the first RPG game was released. The classic adventure games had only one story line. But it was very tricky to play through the story and you were stuck all the time. The adventure games lost their popularity when the first RPG games had been released because RPG games gave you much more freedom to play through their stories in many different ways.

I tried SimCity 2000 too. But I didn’t play it as much as the original SimCity game and didn’t really think that it was better. Also the SimCity games never became my favorites.

I don’t vote because I don’t play TS4 anymore. The voting is interesting because I don’t know if I would still play TS4 if it had been my first Sims game? The problem with the voting though is that the very young (about 12-13 yrs old) girls who were EA’s main target group usually aren’t in the forum even though they most likely still play the game too.
    Post edited by Erpe on
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Sims 1
    I started with Sims 1. I enjoyed and played that through it's run. Did the same with Sims 2. I didn't enjoy Sims 3 so opted out during that time span. Now I'm enjoying the run of Sims 4.
    Since Sims City has been brought up... I didn't enjoy it at all. I think I tried it after Sims 1 though or about the same time. I want to be involved in individual sim lives, not be a city manager. I don't think of it on the same level or even the same type of game as the Sims really. My son enjoyed playing that game for awhile though. Different strokes...
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I started with Sims 1. I enjoyed and played that through it's run. Did the same with Sims 2. I didn't enjoy Sims 3 so opted out during that time span. Now I'm enjoying the run of Sims 4.
    Since Sims City has been brought up... I didn't enjoy it at all. I think I tried it after Sims 1 though or about the same time. I want to be involved in individual sim lives, not be a city manager. I don't think of it on the same level or even the same type of game as the Sims really. My son enjoyed playing that game for awhile though. Different strokes...

Thank goodness Will Wright decided to add Sims and make them more of a focus or else we would have been left with an architecture simulator, which was what was originally intended.
  • Options
    I never understood the fascination of SimCity even though I played the 1989 quite much anyway because I preferred the other city building games (like the Caesar series) where there were more goals to play for. My favorite among the old Maxis games was instead SimAnt which I played quite much too. But SimAnt was a very small game.
  • Options
    Sims 1
    Erpe wrote: »
    Sims 2 was my first Sims game. But if we include other games made by Maxis then I started with the original SimCity game which Maxis released in 1989 a long time before EA bought Maxis in 1997 ;) If we also include other games then I also played several games even before that ;)

I don’t really remember my very first game. But AFAIR it was a classic adventure game. Those games were very popular until the first RPG game was released. The classic adventure games had only one story line. But it was very tricky to play through the story and you were stuck all the time. The adventure games lost their popularity when the first RPG games had been released because RPG games gave you much more freedom to play through their stories in many different ways.

I tried SimCity 2000 too. But I didn’t play it as much as the original SimCity game and didn’t really think that it was better. Also the SimCity games never became my favorites.

I don’t vote because I don’t play TS4 anymore. The voting is interesting because I don’t know if I would still play TS4 if it had been my first Sims game? The problem with the voting though is that the very young (about 12-13 yrs old) girls who were EA’s main target group usually aren’t in the forum even though they most likely still play the game too.

@Erpe, there is no problem with the voting. The poll is for forum members who are still playing and enjoying the game. I'm not trying to extrapolate to the entire simming community.
  • Options
    Sims 1
    I just noticed this is now in general discussion.
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Sims 1
    The original got me through bedrest without me loosing my mind :) (well the rest of my mind anyway :) )
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    Erpe wrote: »

@Erpe, there is no problem with the voting. The poll is for forum members who are still playing and enjoying the game. I'm not trying to extrapolate to the entire simming community.
    I know. It was just me who would like to know how the very young simmers see TS4 and compare this to the attitude among the forum users. But of course this is impossible for us to find out and see.
  • Options
    ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    Sims 3
    I learned more about the Sims when Sims 4 came out (watched some Youtubers play it), but my friend gave me a copy of Sims 3 to start with. Loved it and then eventually got Sims 4 for myself.
  • Options
    Lazarus_B4RLazarus_B4R Posts: 1,827 Member
    Sims 1
    I started with Sims 1, I've actually still got the original discs with the huge boxes that Sims 1 came in. :)
    I tried playing it again not long ago, It definitely takes some getting used to after playing the more recent versions. :p
  • Options
    zefronzefron Posts: 157 Member
    Sims 4
    technically, I started with ts1, but after a tragic accident that left every male in my little family drowning in a pool I became scarred & never played sims 1 again.

I picked ts4 since it was the first sims game that I truly immersed myself with since I played the original sims that didn't leave me wanting to constantly start over every five minutes.
    // WEREWOLF BOYBANDS //

not so berry family tree
  • Options
    KristinaKristina Posts: 582 Member
    Sims 1
    TS1 since it's UK release. :)

And I've enjoyed all four versions. They all bring something different to the series, even if I have struggled sometimes with the adjustment.
  • Options
    metalfenix_Rafmetalfenix_Raf Posts: 536 Member
    Sims 1
    I also started with sims 1 here.
    Want to see my sims? find me in the Gallery by my Origin ID: metalfenix_Raf

Want to see the Custom Content CAS Pieces I created? Check ModTheSims, Sims 4 Studio Forums
  • Options
    megiaremegiare Posts: 421 Member
    Sims 1
    I played Sims 1, but not at all like how I play Sims 4. Back when I was a juvenile I was more entertained with cheats and seeing nakie sims by moving the shower when they're showering. :o:D
    aD9wyNW.jpg
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Sims 1
    Started with TS1 base game. Bought and played both TS2 and TS3 on their launch day. TS4 is by far the best Sims game to date.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    PlumDiddyPlumDiddy Posts: 551 Member
    Sims 1
    Started with Sims 1 the day it released.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,685 Member
    Sims 2
    I came late to gaming, in general, and got my true start at it with Sims2. I've been addicted ever since. I drew in a breath and jumped into Sims3 and found myself disappointed. While there were many things I did enjoy about that iteration, it was also lacking interactions I had come to depend on in the game. I'm one of those rare few people who doesn't mind repeated things from one iteration to the next. I do appreciate a unique twist to said interaction, such as how reading to the toddlers improved in Sims3 over 2, but at least it was there. Some things I waited for never did return. Although, I do have to admit, I played Sims3 just about every day, despite what became a love/hate relationship with it. I'm much older now, a grandma of soon to be ten children. So, I put that down to the fact I don't manage to play Sims4 every day. I wanted very much to play yesterday, for instance, but time and circumstances came together to prevent it. :( Going in game, now, before I lose any more time.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,190 Member
    Sims 1
    The first got me through a divorce. Honest. LOL Now I am retired so can enjoy all 4 at my leisure. 2 was awesome. Such a huge upgrade from the first and none since has given me that same feeling. I do enjoy 3 and open world and of course, for me, the horses
    but i also enjoy playing 4 so I have started the same basic family in each one. 2,3 & 4 and see how their lives pan out.

I do still open the original now and then but just not great for legacy but makes for a really good challenge. And sometimes Sim City,. LOL
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg