Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Insane Lag in Particular Game Save. Any suggestions?

EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
Goodness first of all- there are so many categories to search through to look for the right one to post in! Thankfully, I'm here now. xD

So I've played about 3 generations in one save game and now it's simply unplayable. It's super duper laggy and I have noticed that the lots in San Myshuno -you know, the ones with the festivals- are bugged! The objects from the festivals and regular times are stacked up. They are inside each other and the festivals never leave.

I'd rather not return to my old Sims 3 habits of creating a new game save and moving my sims across and starting fresh. I love that I can switch between worlds in Sims 4 and with the help of MCC, I can see the family expand and grow.

If anyone has anything to suggest to help me solve the major lag issues and the festival lot stuff, that would be great! I just really love this family and want to continue with it. If there is nothing then I probably will create a new save and move the families over (which will be a project for a not so busy day!).

~I have MCC so even if it's something I can do through that to reduce lag, suggestions would be very much appreciated.
~I'm fine cheating, resetting.
~I cleared my caches but maybe it's worth going through caches to clear in case I missed something.
~My game runs fine in other saves.

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello
    With the festival issue, try having your sims stay right until the end of the festival the next time one is held there, until all the objects disappear. This will then clear up the area.
    With the lagging there are a few things that you can do.

Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Close all other open windows on the desktop when playing the game and see if that helps.

Lower your graphics settings and see if that helps. Lower the ingame screen resolution in game options,
    Check to make sure that your graphics drivers are up todate

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder

Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go,to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game

Try playing in off line mode and see if that helps.

If your sims live in San Myshuno, try moving them to another world
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Sometimes the game can get laggy when you play with more than 2-3 generations. Maybe you could try limiting the sim population cap. There's a new option on the game options to do that.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

Goodness first of all- there are so many categories to search through to look for the right one to post in! Thankfully, I'm here now. xD

So I've played about 3 generations in one save game and now it's simply unplayable. It's super duper laggy and I have noticed that the lots in San Myshuno -you know, the ones with the festivals- are bugged! The objects from the festivals and regular times are stacked up. They are inside each other and the festivals never leave.

I'd rather not return to my old Sims 3 habits of creating a new game save and moving my sims across and starting fresh. I love that I can switch between worlds in Sims 4 and with the help of MCC, I can see the family expand and grow.

If anyone has anything to suggest to help me solve the major lag issues and the festival lot stuff, that would be great! I just really love this family and want to continue with it. If there is nothing then I probably will create a new save and move the families over (which will be a project for a not so busy day!).

~I have MCC so even if it's something I can do through that to reduce lag, suggestions would be very much appreciated.
    ~I'm fine cheating, resetting.
    ~I cleared my caches but maybe it's worth going through caches to clear in case I missed something.
    ~My game runs fine in other saves.

I suggest you do not use large a family in San Myshuno, its know to be buggy. Some computers can handle it better than others,

you may do better to leave the festival area free of residents. use other penthouses and apartments.

also if you have added any mannequins remove them. In build, mode fix whatever you can, like the trashcan and just do not add more things.

It's an area that's very populated with townies and lots going on, even protest.

Please do not add new builds in the festival areas if it's already laggy for your game.

You can give this a try but its a known issue with some computers. Try to remember what you added just before the heavy lag. good luck and happy simming :)
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

Sorry for double post but.
    I just saw @rosemow, comment, and she is correct. @rosemow said ( With the festival issue, try having your sims stay right until the end of the festival the next time one is held there until all the objects disappear. This will then clear up the area.)

When I tested the area I found the only way to clear the area without a festival going on was to travel to another part of San Myshuno and then back that also resets it and cleans the area of debris, if you never do one of these you are just adding on more and more invisible trash. so one of these methods will work for the pileup or should :) .happy simming.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    Thanks for the tops guys! So I'll try these-

Before Loading Game:
    1. Repair game via origin
    2. Play offline
    3. Close all other windows on desktop
    4. Reset Sims 4 folders (Move sims 4 to desktop, load game, come back out then copy over [options.ini/ options, saves, screenshots, tray, custom music and mods folders over.]

In-Game:
    1. Travel to another part of San Myshuno then back.
    2. Clear sim and household inventories.
    3. Limit sim populations cap via Game Options.
    4. Have sims stay at festival until it ends.
    5. Remove residents from festival areas.

• Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited December 2017
    Some other things that can help are to clear your sims personal and household inventories, full ones can cause lag, also removing your tray folder from your sims folder and placing it on your desktop when you're not going to be accessing the gallery can help. So can doing the same with your screenshot folder if it contains a lot of pictures. Also playing on windowed mode can help too.

Edit: spelling
  • Options
    Thanks for the tops guys! So I'll try these-

Before Loading Game:
    1. Repair game via origin
    2. Play offline
    3. Close all other windows on desktop
    4. Reset Sims 4 folders (Move sims 4 to desktop, load game, come back out then copy over [options.ini/ options, saves, screenshots, tray, custom music and mods folders over.]

In-Game:
    1. Travel to another part of San Myshuno then back.
    2. Clear sim and household inventories.
    3. Limit sim populations cap via Game Options.
    4. Have sims stay at festival until it ends.
    5. Remove residents from festival areas.

Hello
    You’re welcome :)
  • Options
    On other notes: I moved to Brindleton Bay but when I moved, all the furniture disappeared? I chose to take it with me but it's gone so now my sims are living rough in camping beds xD

Has this happened to anyone else? It isn't in their old apartment either.
  • Options
    On other notes: I moved to Brindleton Bay but when I moved, all the furniture disappeared? I chose to take it with me but it's gone so now my sims are living rough in camping beds xD

Has this happened to anyone else? It isn't in their old apartment either.

Hello
    Is the furniture in the household inventory ? If it isn’t, you could try recovering an earlier version of your current save game to play., before your sims moved, then have them move again, and the issue may not occur. To do that , go to the main screen of sims 4, and click on the " load game " button.Click on your save game file picture. Then click on the " recover game " button down the right hand side bottom of the screen,. Press on an earlier version of the save game from the menu that pops up. Then load that save game version