Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FYI Problems With TS4 to TS2 Conversions

CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
edited December 2017 in The Sims 2
I discovered today if you install the easel and all the clutter that goes with that easel (conversions) they will cause the Maxis easel to disappear if you ask the Sim to scrap the painting even if you do not have the easel actually activated but 'off' with Clean Installer and just using the clutter canvases etc.

If you should try to just remove those files from your Download's please remember any object you delete from downloads in TS2 and then try to load a lot that had those objects on it may crash or not load. ETA: You should delete any objects on lots before deleting stuff from Downloads' folder.

It's best to try to use something like Pescado's Lot Debugger (to find invisible object) though I don't know if it's still available, would work in TS2UC or if it would even find these invisible Maxis easels.

This is directly related to the TS4 to TS2 conversions of the TS4 easels even if you do not have them active in your Downloads folder. I did not have these 'on' but 'off' with clean installer and the canvases were the only (a stack on floor) wasn't even on the lot I was playing, but realised the base game easel will disappear even just for having these files in the DL file even if deactivated and never used on any lot.
"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Comments

• Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Thanks for letting us know. I don't really have any 4 to 2 conversions, I think just a few things. Pescado's Lot Debugger is still avalible, and it does work with UC. I don't know if it would find them though, I actually rarely use it. You could try the stuck object remover from MATY. That thing works great, even on things you can not see.
  • Options
    I'll also put this here some TS3 conversion male hairs I downloaded recently have gaps in them when Sims turn their head. It's not noticable when looking straight at them. Unfortuanately is is some meshes converted by Trapping who is a great cc/modder. :/
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I'll also put this here some TS3 conversion male hairs I downloaded recently have gaps in them when Sims turn their head. It's not noticable when looking straight at them. Unfortuanately is is some meshes converted by Trapping who is a great cc/modder. :/

When it comes to the gaps, it's probable that Trapping kept the bone assignments (which affects how the hair moves) from TS3, and they didn't work perfectly in TS2.
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • Options

When it comes to the gaps, it's probable that Trapping kept the bone assignments (which affects how the hair moves) from TS3, and they didn't work perfectly in TS2.

Yeah, it's not that old of a mesh, recent, and looks great in pics but when you get it in game the side gaps are way too much to leave in the game. I really liked it though.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Yeah, I have a lot of those hairs and most I keep. I like them even with a little gap. :cookie:
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited December 2017
    There are fixed meshes to some of the 2t3 hairs, particularly Trapping's male buzz cuts. Rented-Space fixed some of the transparency issues, I guess since Trapping isn't around anymore to do it.

Part 1
    Part 2
    Part 3
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    DebbySDebbyS Posts: 1 New Member
    I keep getting a message that i need directX 9.0 to play the sims 2 ultimate collection on windows 10. But i heard from a lot of people that it works fine for them. So why can't i play the sims 2???
  • Options
    Pary wrote: »
    There are fixed meshes to some of the 2t3 hairs, particularly Trapping's male buzz cuts. Rented-Space fixed some of the transparency issues, I guess since Trapping isn't around anymore to do it.

Part 1
    Part 2
    Part 3

Do you know if there is a fix for the Artemida mesh by Trapping (conversion)? They named it 'trapping-Store18SciForFullMoom3t2mesh' It was over on MTS, but it has horrible gaps. I really like that hair for one of my Sims, but yes, the gaps are very, very noticable.
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    DebbyS wrote: »
    I keep getting a message that i need directX 9.0 to play the sims 2 ultimate collection on windows 10. But i heard from a lot of people that it works fine for them. So why can't i play the sims 2???

Is this what the error message said? "Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system" if that was it it means the game is not recognizing your graphics card. You need to download the graphic rules here.

https://www.simsnetwork.com/simpedia/the-sims-2/editions/the-sims-2/specials/graphics-rules-maker-improve-compatibility-with

Follow the instructions on that page, and see if it works for you now. With some cards the graphic rules doesn't work 100%, so you may need to alter a couple by hand. Instructions for that here. http://simlili.tumblr.com/post/146373494212

If that wasn't the error message then we would need to know EXACTLY what it said.
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Do you know if there is a fix for the Artemida mesh by Trapping (conversion)? They named it 'trapping-Store18SciForFullMoom3t2mesh' It was over on MTS, but it has horrible gaps. I really like that hair for one of my Sims, but yes, the gaps are very, very noticable.

I don't recognise any of the names, not the mesh or the other name, which does seem to actually be a person. A picture would be helpful if you have one.

Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding