Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Farm Pack Hints

ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
So one possible hint for a future farm pack someone has mentioned before is the speech bubble of a horse they noticed above their sim dog.

Another one I feel is the fact that the Sims folks said repeatedly that the world that came with Cats and Dogs is coastal but the vet clinic that came with it is named Country Clinic.

The fake background of the new world is a country farm world complete with farm animal noises. When Newcrest was patched in June 11th 2015 its fake background was that of a city. City Living came out a year and some months after that in November 2016. (@taydev also mentioned there were dogs barking as part of the background noise for City Living).

Have you guys spotted any other possible farm hints? Because right there is almost enough for me to think they arent coincidences and I could almost cry with excitement over it

Edited cause i have fat thumbs on a phone.
My speculations on hints for future content:
-Cars Update
-Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
-Hotel Pack
-Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
-Bands Pack
-Royalty Pack
-Fashion Design Pack
-Fairies Pack
-Werewolf Pack
-France-inspired World
Post edited by Paralee on

Comments

• Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    It might just be wishful thinking.

Or it might not be.
    IF the next ep is to be seasons or weather themed, then a rural setting wouldn't be out of place for it.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    Movotti wrote: »

Or it might not be.
    IF the next ep is to be seasons or weather themed, then a rural setting wouldn't be out of place for it.

I think Seasons will be a GP this time around. It doesnt feel like thats so extensive of a thing it needs a whole EP with a big world and all. Just some code for weather and season texture changes and a bunch of new activities.
    Country Living will probably be more of an EP because itll come with animals (since apparently two basic house pets needed a whole EP), objects and will have to have a full sized themed world with it.
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    The background cows do make a compelling argument for a future farm pack. It's something that simmers have been requesting for a long time, but never done in full. At most we've had country-style worlds (Riverblossom Hills, Appaloosa Plains) and Sims 3 Store sets. And horses, but they're just one animal.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Country radio station! So please read this! Don't say Backyard cause it's a modern form of Country!
  • Options
    mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    I believe we will get some sort of farming too. When we had discussions about what we wanted in the Eco Pack I suggested bee keeping and got shot down immediately by Simguru Graham. He even posted on his twitter why we could not get that. At the time I felt that he didn't want that discussion at all since he already knew something similar is coming. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/915822/eco-friendly-bees/p1
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I would like a FARM EP and a CRAFTING GP that could work together or separately if one or the other did not interest you. Planting, sowing, harvesting, cows, chickens, goats, pigs, etc. could all be a part of farming. Churning, bee keeping, sewing, flower arranging, pottery, quilting etc. could all be part of a crafting pack.

Any produce from farming or products from crafting, could be sold at a farmers market/grocery store.
  • Options
    mannanna wrote: »
    I believe we will get some sort of farming too. When we had discussions about what we wanted in the Eco Pack I suggested bee keeping and got shot down immediately by Simguru Graham. He even posted on his twitter why we could not get that. At the time I felt that he didn't want that discussion at all since he already knew something similar is coming. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/915822/eco-friendly-bees/p1

Yeah I saw that before too. Definitely sounded like he was setting it up to be part of a bigger pack. It goes along with my thought that most of that vote deal was a marketing sham anyway and most of the gameplay we "voted" on was already intended to be part of bigger things lmao
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    mannanna wrote: »

Yeah I saw that before too. Definitely sounded like he was setting it up to be part of a bigger pack. It goes along with my thought that most of that vote deal was a marketing sham anyway and most of the gameplay we "voted" on was already intended to be part of bigger things lmao

I think they only suggested themes that they might bring about anyway.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I would also be interested in a farming/rural/horses pack. I can definitely see how the dusty roads leading out of Brindleton Bay might be hinting at a future farm park.

Quite a lot of interest has been expressed on here. I can also how some of the suggestions that didn't make it into the laundry SP might turn up in some way in another pack such as canning and possibly even environmental technologies for bills (since farms tend to be systemically more self-sufficient and to feature chores such as repairs of more mechanical objects).

Anyway, I think from the voting in that pack that they saw interest in a more rustic farm theme. I'm not particularly excited by laundry but I will admit that it does fit in with farm chores. (Farmers get dirtier and need to shower and change clothes more often).
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    edited November 2017
    I have a strong feeling that what we've seen and heard in Brindleton Bay is a hint to a farming/country living pack. City Living had dogs barking as part of the background noise as well.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Yes, please!
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited November 2017

Or it might not be.

I think Seasons will be a GP this time around. It doesnt feel like thats so extensive of a thing it needs a whole EP with a big world and all. Just some code for weather and season texture changes and a bunch of new activities.
    Country Living will probably be more of an EP because itll come with animals (since apparently two basic house pets needed a whole EP), objects and will have to have a full sized themed world with it.

OR they combine the popular Farming EP with Seasons and create something amazing

After all, The Sims 2 Seasons came with a rural country world (Riverblossom Hills) as well. But there weren't much Farming activities, like farm animals and Nectar making, besides the introduction of harvestables.

Tho they should expand on the harvestable system with Seasons, like plants not being able to harvest in Winter, unless they're in a greenhouse.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options

Or it might not be.

OR they combine the popular Farming EP with Seasons and create something amazing

After all, The Sims 2 Seasons came with a rural country world (Riverblossom Hills) as well. But there weren't much Farming activities, like farm animals and Nectar making, besides the introduction of harvestables.

Tho they should expand on the harvestable system with Seasons, like plants not being able to harvest in Winter, unless they're in a greenhouse.

Why would you want to combine two big EP's into one EP? Doesn't that just cut both of them by 50%? Seasons will be a huge EP and probably won't come with a new world, S3 didn't. And farming will be huge too, due to all the animals, crafts, new plants, etc. Not to mention a new rural world.
  • Options

Or it might not be.

Yeah Im not thinking itll be one EP lmao theyll never cut in to their profits like that and both themes would be sorely under done.
    Im hoping we'll be able to get so many craftable items :D like milk from cows. And then be able to make cheese or butter from that milk. Or wool from sheep that you can sell or knit craftables with. And of course nectar making. And canning and preserving and jams.
    It might be cool to be able to use them to get meat from. I mean they can cook fresh fish if they want. Fresh burger or ham and bacon could be cool if pigs were an animal brought in
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    I think that they would never introduce "killing animals for good" hahahah no burguers at all
  • Options
    Karon wrote: »
    I think that they would never introduce "killing animals for good" hahahah no burguers at all

What do you think happens to all the fish? There is no need to show a sim slaughtering an animal, but if you have a farm, you eat some of the animals. That's life. If you can't handle the way life works, then go play Mario Cart. In S3, we had a cow barn with a several cows, one of which we could milk. In S3 we had a chicken coop where we could collect eggs. We have had a bee hive where we collected honey.

What we need in S4 along with those and other farm animals, is a way to utilize the products that come from those animals. Like churning the milk for butter or turning it into ice cream. Collecting wool from sheep to turn into fabrics on a loom (an object I've wanted for a while). Simplty having farm animals isn't enough. The farm should be a working farm where your sim earns a living crafting or selling farm goods, hopefully, at a farmers market.
  • Options
    MizzTuraMizzTura Posts: 43 Member
    I would love a farming pack, it would be so fun, new and different. Especially if they worked it into sims cats and dogs and you could do things like train dogs to herd your sheep and the like. I would so buy something like that!

I've wanted cats and dogs for MONTHS and since getting it (with the added bonus of I have a computer that plays Sims) I've been playing it constantly and normally by now when I've binge played the expansion packs I've got a little bored after a couple of weeks. BUT I think if we had farming, I'd act the same way as I do with Cats and Dogs haha.
  • Options
    MizzTura wrote: »
    I would love a farming pack, it would be so fun, new and different. Especially if they worked it into sims cats and dogs and you could do things like train dogs to herd your sheep and the like. I would so buy something like that!

I've wanted cats and dogs for MONTHS and since getting it (with the added bonus of I have a computer that plays Sims) I've been playing it constantly and normally by now when I've binge played the expansion packs I've got a little bored after a couple of weeks. BUT I think if we had farming, I'd act the same way as I do with Cats and Dogs haha.

They are not going to give us herds of animals. If we interact with them like cats and dogs, then they will need to be a part of our household. However, if they give us an object, like the cow barn, then it won't need to be a part of our household but it won't roam around.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,192 Member
    edited December 2017
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

They are not going to give us herds of animals. If we interact with them like cats and dogs, then they will need to be a part of our household. However, if they give us an object, like the cow barn, then it won't need to be a part of our household but it won't roam around.

I doubt itas well that will be too limited space . Unless they gave us a patch to expand household. The only animal I can see being part of household is horses,. In sims 3 they had mini pets , and farm animals that are bnnot part household . They are interactive . A farm pack could come with chickens,pigs,cows, and horses . I doyubt we would get sheep
  • Options
    We need sheep for wolf to make thread to make fabric on a loom or something. A Crafts pack.
  • Options
    > @Dannydanbo said:
    > MizzTura wrote: »
    >
    > I would love a farming pack, it would be so fun, new and different. Especially if they worked it into sims cats and dogs and you could do things like train dogs to herd your sheep and the like. I would so buy something like that!
    >
    > I've wanted cats and dogs for MONTHS and since getting it (with the added bonus of I have a computer that plays Sims) I've been playing it constantly and normally by now when I've binge played the expansion packs I've got a little bored after a couple of weeks. BUT I think if we had farming, I'd act the same way as I do with Cats and Dogs haha.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > They are not going to give us herds of animals. If we interact with them like cats and dogs, then they will need to be a part of our household. However, if they give us an object, like the cow barn, then it won't need to be a part of our household but it won't roam around.

No, no what I mean, is like how in Cats and Dogs you can get your pet to chase seagulls? Something like that but a 'herd' option, where you have a barn, NPC sheep (like maybe you can build a pasture, click the barn, buy X amount of sheep. But you can't play with them or anything like that, they just roam in the pasture when you 'open barn' and every, I don't know, 3 sim days you can click the barn and 'shear' them.

I didn't mean interact like you do with cats and dogs, I hope what I've said just now is a bit clearer as to what I mean?

Obviously, I'm just using sheep as an example but it could be the same with other animals, like cows -> barn -> milk
  • Options
    I get what you mean now, but I still don't see them giving us even a small herd. For me, a perfect fit would be to have a farm with cows in a pasture in one direction, sheep in another, with the cow barn from S3 and a new sheep shed similar to the cow barn. Then it could look as if the cows came from the field to be milked (which they do, I've spent time on my families dairy) and the sheep have wandered in to be sheared. At the barn/shed your sim could collect milk or wool but also meat if you want. (there would be no slaughtering involved. It's all sim magic, like with fish.)
  • Options
    Yeah I totally agree with you there, I think that would be pretty cool and haha I'm just picturing meat from animals on sims now. XD
  • Options
    Yeah I totally agree with you there, I think that would be pretty cool and haha I'm just picturing meat from animals on sims now. XD

The same could go for pigs and a sty or goats and a pen. That would give us five animals with a house of some kind the care for and collect from. Then, with a Crafting Pac, we could take that produce and turn it into something.

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

Or it might not be.

I think Seasons will still be an EP but it won't come with a new world. If it's set up where we get weather in all existing worlds, the amount of programming for that plus any other features will be so large that they wouldn't really have a budget for a new world (and we didn't get a new world with Seasons in Sims 3). But when you think of the programming involved to have it snowing in Windenburg, then have a Sim travel from there to Oasis Springs where it's sunny but cool, then to Willow Creek where it's raining, that's a pretty big endeavor. Add to that the need for changing backdrops to reflect weather changes.Then add to that unknown features -- skating (ice and/or roller), activities like snowball fights (water balloon in summer), snowman building, any sort of holidays/holiday parties, etc. -- and that adds up to a lot of programming and design. With weather added there would probably have to be new CAS filters to distinguish between hot weather/cold weather clothing, so each piece of clothing would have to be assigned to a group, along with a negative effect for wearing the wrong category clothing (going out in the snow in a bikini, for example, or wearing a heavy sweater in Oasis Springs in the middle of summer). Maybe new traits like Heat-Resistant or Cold-Resistant (could be reward traits). Plants like the harvestables would have to be reprogrammed to go dormant in winter unless you had a greenhouse (if those are offered as part of the pack). There's actually a lot more work that goes into Seasons that would appear to be the case on the surface, which is why it usually takes a while to get them in the game, and the system requirements are fairly taxing (probably similar to those for Cats & Dogs).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)