Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lazy Gamer Console review on TS4 is up

Comments

• Options
    llamaking88llamaking88 Posts: 21 Member
    He got a thumb down from me. He makes the controls seem impossible and does not stop going on about it. Most people on here, myself included, seem to think after a little getting used to them the controls are really good. I don't know what LGR's problem is.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    He got a thumb down from me. He makes the controls seem impossible and does not stop going on about it. Most people on here, myself included, seem to think after a little getting used to them the controls are really good. I don't know what LGR's problem is.

The controls seem not to be accurate for me and I tend to agree with him. He is entitled to his and you are entitled to yours. The game other than the controls I like and have no problems with.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    rekandtrsrekandtrs Posts: 1,017 Member
    yeah he does make it seem impossible. But here for a while he’s been extremely negative with reviewing the sims 4. It’s really hard to get excited about any game pack, stuff pack or expansions for the game when he does reviews because he talks so negatively. I love lgr reviews but his negativity is so off putting these days. If he’s so fed up maybe he should just stop playing.. honestly ea used to give him packs to review and they have stopped.. :neutral: so they probably see the negativity too. I mean sims 4 isn’t going to change, open world isn’t going to happen. And things that should have been put into base game but didn’t isn’t going to happen either. It’s been 2 years now. Time to get over it and move on. Enjoy the game or just don’t play it. That’s just my opinion though.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    rekandtrs wrote: »
    yeah he does make it seem impossible. But here for a while he’s been extremely negative with reviewing the sims 4. It’s really hard to get excited about any game pack, stuff pack or expansions for the game when he does reviews because he talks so negatively. I love lgr reviews but his negativity is so off putting these days. If he’s so fed up maybe he should just stop playing.. honestly ea used to give him packs to review and they have stopped.. :neutral: so they probably see the negativity too. I mean sims 4 isn’t going to change, open world isn’t going to happen. And things that should have been put into base game but didn’t isn’t going to happen either. It’s been 2 years now. Time to get over it and move on. Enjoy the game or just don’t play it. That’s just my opinion though.

Hmmm, you basically telling me someone who sees the game in a negative light and not in an positive light should cease and desist. Most want anything that is said about this game to be positive and that is not going to happen. Regardless of how many times he finds the game or whatever format he has that right to voice his opinion and I hope he keeps it up. Yes, I like the console version but at the same time I find some faults in the game myself and it is not perfect. I love going against the grain because it is all about what I like and it appears the same for him. One other thing I did hear some positive points in the review but guess that did not register because he is LGR. :|
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    edited November 2017
    Hm, I think it was a decent Review and as somebody who is a hardcore TS4 fan (both, on pc and console) I have to agree with him on the controls and UI. Let's face it: TS4 was not designed to be played with a Controller. I wished they adapted the UI at least, oh well... .

By the way: LGR admits in his video that he actually likes TS4. Huh, interesting.
    Post edited by HalloMolli on
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    rekandtrsrekandtrs Posts: 1,017 Member

Definitely not what I’m saying at all. I’m just saying hearing negativity every single pack is off putting. And yes he does say he likes the sims 4. But he does down the sims 4 a lot. I like lgr but his attitude for the sims have changed. I’ve watched him since sims 3 originally came out. I’m definitely a hardcore sims fan as well I’ve had sims 1, 2, 3 & 4. All for pc so all i was used to is playing sims on a mouse and keyboard. But to constantly down the controls on console like it’s hard to manage is off putting. Yes there’s a huge learning curve since the Ui wasn’t changed , but it’s definitely not impossible and the controls don’t seem senseless. Especially for people like myself that had their pc go out on them, it’s disheartening to hear that the controls make no sense at all and it’s hard to navigate. I mean i get it he was just vouching his opinion. That’s what reviews are for but the controls do get easier... I’ve played over 40 hours and the controls are now second nature. If you have enough time and patience anyone can get the hang of controls. Other than that the review was great. I did hear positive things about sims 4 on console. But lgr’s attitude towards the sims 4 in general is just “meh”. Which you can see in every single video he post. Some people like his brutal honesty. But there’s a line between his opinion and being completely biased.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    HalloMolli wrote: »
    By the way: LGR admits in his video that he actually likes TS4. Huh, interesting.

Yeah, that surprised me too. Who would've figured?
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    rekandtrs wrote: »
    Definitely not what I’m saying at all. I’m just saying hearing negativity every single pack is off putting. And yes he does say he likes the sims 4. But he does down the sims 4 a lot. I like lgr but his attitude for the sims have changed. I’ve watched him since sims 3 originally came out. I’m definitely a hardcore sims fan as well I’ve had sims 1, 2, 3 & 4. All for pc so all i was used to is playing sims on a mouse and keyboard. But to constantly down the controls on console like it’s hard to manage is off putting. Yes there’s a huge learning curve since the Ui wasn’t changed , but it’s definitely not impossible and the controls don’t seem senseless. Especially for people like myself that had their pc go out on them, it’s disheartening to hear that the controls make no sense at all and it’s hard to navigate. I mean i get it he was just vouching his opinion. That’s what reviews are for but the controls do get easier... I’ve played over 40 hours and the controls are now second nature. If you have enough time and patience anyone can get the hang of controls. Other than that the review was great. I did hear positive things about sims 4 on console. But lgr’s attitude towards the sims 4 in general is just “meh”. Which you can see in every single video he post. Some people like his brutal honesty. But there’s a line between his opinion and being completely biased.

That line of opinion and being biased is determined by each individual if there is any line. What you see as meh someone else see good review. The controls for me are subpar and that will continue to be subpar even over time or until MS finally allows keyboards and mouse to be used. I am not sorry I brought the console version because for me it is the best console version. Some will adapt and some will not to the controller and over time those that can't will abandon it.
  • Options
    Kartel112Kartel112 Posts: 17 Member
    I like lgr but he does makes it seem like it's to hard to control things in game it is at first but that's like with anything u gotta learn how to ride a bike before you just take off and that's with anything after awhile the controls are a peice of cake and if you don't get it something is wrong.....in my opinion
  • Options
    Kartel112 wrote: »
    I like lgr but he does makes it seem like it's to hard to control things in game it is at first but that's like with anything u gotta learn how to ride a bike before you just take off and that's with anything after awhile the controls are a peice of cake and if you don't get it something is wrong.....in my opinion

I disagree being some may like it and there are those that don't and that does not mean anything is wrong. The controller is not accurate as a mouse is and some feel they do not have complete control over it. Some people are more adept at using a mouse compared to a controller. Also it comes down to a matter of choice and whether wants to use the controller over an mouse. luckily, this game does not really have complex commands that are found in other games where the controller may not be effective.
  • Options
    crashhat141crashhat141 Posts: 90 Member
    > @llamaking88 said:
    > He got a thumb down from me. He makes the controls seem impossible and does not stop going on about it. Most people on here, myself included, seem to think after a little getting used to them the controls are really good. I don't know what LGR's problem is.

I've had the game for a couple days now and the controls are as annoying as they were the first time I played the game. Having to switch back to cursor mode every single time you click on something is freaking dumb lol
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    HalloMolli wrote: »

Yeah, that surprised me too. Who would've figured?

Just because someone likes a game doesn't mean they don't see or will not voice their opinions about the game's flaws. I love TS2, but I'm not shy about complaining about how restrictive family play is with the unrealistic behavioral restrictions on Toddlers, Children, and Teens; the lazy nannies; and the overzealous social workers which all come together to force a certain idealized family structure on the player. I enjoy TS4, but I'll be the first to complain about unnatural hair colors not being available for all age groups and the sorry state of the emotions system. In fact, there are a lot of games I like that I also have complaints about (Wildstar: Pre-max level content is repetitive and lacks any real challenge, and the platforming is slippery and terrible. Mabinogi: They charge you to use the wardrobe system and the inventory system is just plain annoying. Monster Rancher 4: The randomized dungeons combined with random battles was a horrible, horrible idea. Final Fantasy IX: The chocobo mini game is really lame. Sonic Generations: The keyboard controls on the PC port are awkward as Heck. Zelda Oracle of Ages: Two Words, Jabu-Jabu's Belly. The entire Pokemon franchise from Gen 2 onward: Pokemon that only evolve when traded with held items are a pain in the behind...especially when the online trading system doesn't allow you to specify what item a pokemon someone is trading you needs to be holding to qualify as a proper trade and you have no friends who play to trade with to help you fill your dex...fix it Nintendo.), because no game is ever 100% perfect to me...not even the good ones...and I'm a Virgo, so I'm a picky perfectionist.

I really think that TS4 is to the Sims series what Monster Rancher Evo is to the Monster Rancher games: A good entry-level title, but it leaves a lot of longtime fans frustrated due to important series staples missing from the game. Just like TS4 launched missing Toddlers, ghosts, and pools, and to this day is still missing burglars, firefighters, and police NPC's (among other things), MREvo has no tournaments and is missing the close interactions with your monsters (feeding, praising, disciplining, giving them treats, etc.) that were a really important part of previous titles. I believe LGR is just expressing in his reviews what a lot of people who are playing TS4 and enjoying the good things about it, but want more out of it, are all feeling. That feeling that this game brings a lot of good things to the table, but it could be better too...not out of malice, but out of love for the game and the franchise.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    > @llamaking88 said:
    > He got a thumb down from me. He makes the controls seem impossible and does not stop going on about it. Most people on here, myself included, seem to think after a little getting used to them the controls are really good. I don't know what LGR's problem is.

I've had the game for a couple days now and the controls are as annoying as they were the first time I played the game. Having to switch back to cursor mode every single time you click on something is freaking dumb lol

I agree, I just wish MS hurry up with the mouse and keyboard support. :)
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    > @llamaking88 said:

I agree, it would be nice to have it so you can just use the cursor to click on the UI like pc instead of clicking on something and becoming locked to it until you switch back to cursor mode.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Bad controls.
    No CC or Mods.
    No gallery.

Not a good start to convince me to get it.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    Don't get the game for console if you're that worried about stuff not being added
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Don't get the game for console if you're that worried about stuff not being added

I never said I was worried lol.
    I posted the missing stuff as a reason why, I may not get it or recommend it.

I mean I am sure its going to be a boring game just building or making sims just for myself. And maybe others who also like the option to build or create sims to add to a gallery who too will miss out.

• Options
    DougyDougy Posts: 47 Member
    [quote="marcel21;c-16206376"][quote="crashhat141;c-16203441"]Don't get the game for console if you're that worried about stuff not being added[/quote]

I mean I am sure its going to be a boring game just building or making sims just for myself. And maybe others who also like the option to build or create sims to add to a gallery who too will miss out.[/quote]

May I ask are you judging the game as potentially boring just on the basis that their may not be a gallery on the console ?

I did manage to play sims 4 on my laptop before decide to get it for console because my laptop would overheat .

I like the gallery feature and I hope it will be added to the console in the nearer future , but IMO , I think even without a gallery , sims 4 on console would still be pretty good .
  • Options
    It would be good, but right now it's not enjoyable to play because of the problems. I can't seem to play for longer than 10-15mins before getting annoyed. EA needs to hurry the heck up because I'm starting to feel like I wasted $60
  • Options
    [quote="crashhat141;c-16207162"]It would be good, but right now it's not enjoyable to play because of the problems. I can't seem to play for longer than 10-15mins before getting annoyed. EA needs to hurry the heck up because I'm starting to feel like I wasted $60[/quote]

Well I can currently understand your frustration. I bought the game just after the save patch was released .

This is why I encourage anyone to do research on a game especially before buying it . Especially at launch time .

I expect any game to have bugs and stuff when it launches , the question I ask myself is it worth buying then or should I wait till all the bugs and stuff are sorted out .

Not implying here that you didn't do any research and made an uninformed decision , just saying that this is what I generally do before I buy any game and make my decision based on what I have read .
  • Options
    edited December 2017

I don't know what your problem is, in regards to him not likeing the consoles controls to be honest?
    It's quite simple. He does not like the controls. You do. Just because your happy about the controls does not mean everybody will after all.

So why should he or anybody else be happy with the contols just because your happy with them?

As it seems a lot of people all over the simming community(including other websites) are unhappy with the controls to. I am happy you and others are happy about them.
    As for me I play console games a lot now so maybe I won't mind them as much like u but can understand that not everybody else will. As we all have our own opinions.
    Post edited by marcel21 on

• Options
    edited December 2017
    Dougy wrote: »
    marcel21 wrote: »

I mean I am sure its going to be a boring game just building or making sims just for myself. And maybe others who also like the option to build or create sims to add to a gallery who too will miss out.

May I ask are you judging the game as potentially boring just on the basis that their may not be a gallery on the console ?

I did manage to play sims 4 on my laptop before decide to get it for console because my laptop would overheat .

I like the gallery feature and I hope it will be added to the console in the nearer future , but IMO , I think even without a gallery , sims 4 on console would still be pretty good .

Hello :).
    No I am judging it as follows,

I like to build lots, rooms, and, sims in create a sim, and share them. this is my reason why I haven't just stop playing the sims 4 all together as, I find the rest of the game very shallow to be honest, as every expansion pack and the base game as had a lack of both small and big features not included in them in the PC versions, as we are getting the same packs on console at some point I don't expect the PS4 to be any different.
    Hopefully they will figure something out for sharing content in the near future.
    As its a big part of the sims as a game, if you have played it and enjoy creating and sharing or showcasing your stutdio like me or others.

• Options
    [quote="marcel21;c-16207652"][quote="Dougy;c-16207075"][quote="marcel21;c-16206376"][quote="crashhat141;c-16203441"]Don't get the game for console if you're that worried about stuff not being added[/quote]

I mean I am sure its going to be a boring game just building or making sims just for myself. And maybe others who also like the option to build or create sims to add to a gallery who too will miss out.[/quote]

[/quote]

Hello :).
    No I am judging it as follows,

I like to build lots, rooms, and, sims in create a sim, and share them. this is my reason why I haven't just stop playing the sims 4 all together as, I find the rest of the game very shallow to be honest, as every expansion pack and the base game as had a lack of both small and big features not included in them in the PC versions, as we are getting the same packs on console at some point I don't expect the PS4 to be any different.
    Hopefully they will figure something out for sharing content in the near future.
    As its a big part of the sims as a game, if you have played it and enjoy creating and sharing or showcasing your stutdio like me or others.
    [/quote]

if your only interest to continue to play the sims series is so that you can continue to create , share and showcase your studio , then I don't think you can judge this game on the basis of the reasons you stated .

I have played the sims franchise since it was first created in very early 2001. While the ability to create and showcase and share content is valid , the sims franchise is coined as a life simulation game and fits the description to a T .

It is disheartening to see someone criticize and judge a simulation game for reasons that don't encompass the overall theme of the game is .

I know that some of the features on the pc side hasn't made it into console , but they haven't ruled out that the missing features wouldidnt be added .

Saying the game is very shallow aside from the creating , sharing aspect which I find as a privilege , certainly not a right by any means because of the lack of features from expansions and the base game , seems a bit harsh .

If you been playing the sims series since its original inception I would think you would know the series is more than just a platform for creativity purposes .

The creating and sharing aspect I would believe as one part of the game , but not the sole aspect .

Perhaps you should look for another game that is more inline with your expectations .
  • Options
    I also bought the game after the save patch was launched. I knew the game was going to have problems, I just didn't expect the game to be this frustrating to play. If the problems I'm dealing with happened once in awhile, it wouldnt bother me as much, but it's a constant occurrence every time I try t play.
  • Options
    The majority of players complaining about the gallery are coming from pc. If creating and sharing is one of your favorite things to do, I would just stick with pc until they add the gallery as a dlc in my opinion. If it's true that they didn't add the gallery because they wanted to keep the fire meter out of the game, I'm glad they did. Not having a fire meter in the console sims games is something console players have wanted since sims1 on ps2. No fire meter seems like a more important feature for console instead of a gallery, so I understand why they didn't add it to the game.