Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there any way to cure your pets fears?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    KissarahKissarah Posts: 46 Member
    I don't know, I'm on the side of 'feel kinda bad, but ignore it'. Can't you tell i'm an actual pet person? :sarcasm:
    But honestly, my sim's dog is afraid of the stove. She needs to eat. Not everyone can overcome their fears, so seriously, I have no problem with there being no way to overcome it (hello, I am never going to be not afraid of spiders). And I wouldn't even say they're overreacting when it scares them, but maybe i've only ever been around cry baby pets?
    Closest to a complaint I would come to with this is that certain personality traits should have them run away from the fear thing, not approach it. Like cats, running away from vacuums.
  • Options
    Did somebody experience that after taking a preventive shot on the veterinary clinic, is your pet suddenly becomes uncomfortable and having fears with a Lampshade? Even if he's need is good, he's still uncomfortable.
  • Options
    elleofaquitaineelleofaquitaine Posts: 5 New Member
    > @JRBear said:
    > Also, I heard it was 14 days for the vet fear? That is waaaaaay too long in sims time.

Ah!! Is that why my cats' icons are constantly in the red? I took both of my cats to the vet to get fixed and they are constantly scared now. No amount of petting, treats, hugs or "feel the love" interactions is making it go away. I was almost at my wits ends. I do not even get the option to calm the pet down. When I ask what is wrong, I just get a little notification telling me that my pet is scared of something and needs a little while to calm down. It's been going on for like 4 days now....I thought it was a glitch.
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    I'm not sure if there is anyway to cure them of there fears per-say but there is a mod that shows you all their quirks.
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=603768
    It does help a lot and allows you to get to know your pet better.
  • Options
    JackzerJackzer Posts: 5 New Member
    they seem to be afraid of everything. wish my dog would learn to potty outside. even with a doggy door and i get the message they are trianed to pee and do business outside they still have to be told to go out
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    > @Jackzer said:
    > they seem to be afraid of everything. wish my dog would learn to potty outside. even with a doggy door and i get the message they are trianed to pee and do business outside they still have to be told to go out

Does your dog have the Smart trait? If so, there is currently a bug with that trait that Smart dogs will never learn to pee outside on their own.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    g0atladyg0atlady Posts: 1 New Member
    I know this is an old thread now, but I came across it, looking for help with the same thing. I went hunting further and came across a Mod to help with it. Basically, you can train your pets to not be scared anymore using the Calm Pet option when they're scared. It takes a few times to become permanent. If you pet them when they're scared, it actually reinforces the behaviour and removes a bit from their bravery! It's fantastically realistic in this respect.

You can find it here: littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/175412291988/anti-fear-training-pets-train-your-pets-to-be

There are also Mods out there to completely remove pet fears or obsessions, if they're causing you annoyance. Google them and they're easy to find.
  • Options
    wheatberrywheatberry Posts: 20 Member
    > @Simeployed said:
    > Did somebody experience that after taking a preventive shot on the veterinary clinic, is your pet suddenly becomes uncomfortable and having fears with a Lampshade? Even if he's need is good, he's still uncomfortable.

Yes, I did.
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Please don't necropost in old threads. I'm going to go ahead and close off this thread now as it has been inactive since last July, If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top