Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cats and Dogs or as I like to call it "Bugs Galore"

Comments

• Options
    linkinsenpailinkinsenpai Posts: 25 Member
    I don't have enough posts to make my own topic, but I have a bug.

I ask my unfixed female cat to breed with an unfixed male stray, and they refuse because they don't like each other. However, after I have done this, if I try to ask the female to breed again, I am unable to because it says she is "fixed". She is not fixed, and she is not pregnant, because she never bred in the first place.

I have cleared my cache, repaired my game, and disabled all mods and this issue still persists. It is incredibly infuriating and it makes me want to not play altogether.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    I don't have enough posts to make my own topic, but I have a bug.

I ask my unfixed female cat to breed with an unfixed male stray, and they refuse because they don't like each other. However, after I have done this, if I try to ask the female to breed again, I am unable to because it says she is "fixed". She is not fixed, and she is not pregnant, because she never bred in the first place.

I have cleared my cache, repaired my game, and disabled all mods and this issue still persists. It is incredibly infuriating and it makes me want to not play altogether.

Hello
    Try having the cat travel to another lot and then back home. Then test to see if the issue remains.
    If the issue remains, try having the sims household move to another home. Then have them move back to the original home and see if that helps. Moving homes can sometimes reset things and help with issues.
  • Options
    PugLove888PugLove888 Posts: 674 Member
    edited November 2017
    ...Meanwhile, there are strays everywhere! I don't know about you guys but when I'm thinking pets, I'm not exactly envisioning a world of poor, unkempt and unloved animals. I wish there was some way of controlling this. One or two strays are fine, but there are literally twenty or so just in my neighbourhood.

Oh and my sims have just lost it now. They keep aborting actions, instead doing something random I didn't want. I had to switch off autonomy just so they don't roam all over the place. Pick up the pet? Sure, let me slowly wander to the other side of the map, while the pet is sitting somewhere completely different. It's like I'm back in a world where Sims are plum and incapable of doing anything. I thought those times were behind us.

Yes, Create a Pet is awesome, but if I can't then play with them, it's ultimately pointless. Actually at this point, even playing with my sims is pointless because they are so buggy. Thanks EA for making me pay through my nose to break my game. This is the last thing I buy, I'm done with this nonsense!

@makanivalur , I think the strays are there for a couple of reasons. !.) is to give us "Townie" cats and dogs to interact with. 2.) is to make us more aware of the plight of stray animals and how important it is to spay and neuter them, and also to adopt them! <3;)

As for Sims that keep cancelling out actions that I tell them to do, in favor of some random thing I didn't want them to do -- well that has been in my game a long time! :D It got especially bad when I got the Parenthood pack. I'm not saying that it was Parenthood that did this, but that is just around the time I really noticed it had gotten worse. Some families seem worse than others about this. And don't even get me started on highchairs! I usually resort to dragging the food to a table or counter or floor so my toddlers can get food, and just let them eat on the floor or climb into a regular chair for their meal. :'(

Home is where your Pugs are! <3
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Honestly, I don't even know where to begin anymore. I'm so disappointed and angry and kind of want my money back. I was really looking forward to cats and dogs, but it has more or less made my game unplayable now.

First and foremost: I have no mods or CC of any kind installed. Everything is vanilla.

The cats and dogs are constantly unwell, they're not learning anything (honestly, the dog still doesn't know where to pee?). The vet career is so buggy I can't play it, with customers getting stuck in an infinite loop where I heal their animal (after it has gotten off the table about ten times and I had to manually ask it to go back), and instead of paying and leaving they just hang around, slowly decreasing their rating because of the wait time, with me being unable to do anything useful because their animal is already healed.

Adopting an animal is hit and miss, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

Meanwhile, there are strays everywhere! I don't know about you guys but when I'm thinking pets, I'm not exactly envisioning a world of poor, unkempt and unloved animals. I wish there was some way of controlling this. One or two strays are fine, but there are literally twenty or so just in my neighbourhood.

Oh and my sims have just lost it now. They keep aborting actions, instead doing something random I didn't want. I had to switch off autonomy just so they don't roam all over the place. Pick up the pet? Sure, let me slowly wander to the other side of the map, while the pet is sitting somewhere completely different. It's like I'm back in a world where Sims are plum and incapable of doing anything. I thought those times were behind us.

Yes, Create a Pet is awesome, but if I can't then play with them, it's ultimately pointless. Actually at this point, even playing with my sims is pointless because they are so buggy. Thanks EA for making me pay through my nose to break my game. This is the last thing I buy, I'm done with this nonsense!

Most of these will be patched hopefully in December.
  • Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    This is so Weird - I'm not having a single problem with my game at all. It runs beautifully. In fact my two daughter -in- laws have been playing non- stop all day and even remarked they love the fixes in the game and how amazing it runs. My oldest daughter -in-law has already almost maxed the vet career and has 5 rooms of vet tables along with 4 other vets and several other employees.

Could it be your pc perhaps. All three of us are running on an 8 core gaming desk tops with 16 gigs of ram. One of the girls was using a laptop and had some issues ( she did not say what the issues were) but thought it was an issue with the 64 bit requirement, so she went on her desktop and all issues ceased.

Your lucky. I've seen quiet a few bugs with this pack one of which is the two boats on the lighthouse island which I have a thread on.
  • Options
    Honestly, I don't even know where to begin anymore. I'm so disappointed and angry and kind of want my money back. I was really looking forward to cats and dogs, but it has more or less made my game unplayable now.

First and foremost: I have no mods or CC of any kind installed. Everything is vanilla.

The cats and dogs are constantly unwell, they're not learning anything (honestly, the dog still doesn't know where to pee?). The vet career is so buggy I can't play it, with customers getting stuck in an infinite loop where I heal their animal (after it has gotten off the table about ten times and I had to manually ask it to go back), and instead of paying and leaving they just hang around, slowly decreasing their rating because of the wait time, with me being unable to do anything useful because their animal is already healed.

Adopting an animal is hit and miss, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

Meanwhile, there are strays everywhere! I don't know about you guys but when I'm thinking pets, I'm not exactly envisioning a world of poor, unkempt and unloved animals. I wish there was some way of controlling this. One or two strays are fine, but there are literally twenty or so just in my neighbourhood.

The vet career for me is working for the most part however I did have a bug with the table going down and the animal getting off before I could examine it.
  • Options
    linkinsenpailinkinsenpai Posts: 25 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello
    > Try having the cat travel to another lot and then back home. Then test to see if the issue remains.
    > If the issue remains, try having the sims household move to another home. Then have them move back to the original home and see if that helps. Moving homes can sometimes reset things and help with issues.

I'm sorry, I am not sure how to format a quote correctly. I already tried travelling to another lot before, it did not help. Just now I moved the household into a new lot but the issue still persists.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello
    > Try having the cat travel to another lot and then back home. Then test to see if the issue remains.
    > If the issue remains, try having the sims household move to another home. Then have them move back to the original home and see if that helps. Moving homes can sometimes reset things and help with issues.

I'm sorry, I am not sure how to format a quote correctly. I already tried travelling to another lot before, it did not help. Just now I moved the household into a new lot but the issue still persists.

I am sorry that you have this issue .

With the quoting, the quotes don’t apppear correctly in grey boxes until you become a full member.
  • Options
    k_gennak_genna Posts: 160 Member
    edited November 2017
    I'm having issues as well. Sims getting stuck, and general pains. Sims can't go on adventure with pets. They just spin into being filthy without having moved. My dogs have never learned to go outside on their own. They also wont eat until I bring them to the food bowl. Vets that aren't player controlled stand there and do nothing. And now, for whatever reason, I cannot play the sims on ultra mode like I have from the beginning without so much lag I can't function.

I've tried repairing the game. Have the in game, online options off. Made sure my graphics card is up to date, and have even uninstalled the driver and reinstalled. Basically, I've researched the issues myself through the forums and done everything listed as a possible fix, to no avail. I'm kinda sad, but laptop mode will have to suffice for now. As for the other glitches, well...december patch is most anticipated.

Happy Simming -Lily
  • Options
    k_genna wrote: »
    I'm having issues as well. Sims getting stuck, and general pains. Sims can't go on adventure with pets. They just spin into being filthy without having moved. My dogs have never learned to go outside on their own. They also wont eat until I bring them to the food bowl. Vets that aren't player controlled stand there and do nothing. And now, for whatever reason, I cannot play the sims on ultra mode like I have from the beginning without so much lag I can't function.

I've tried repairing the game. Have the in game, online options off. Made sure my graphics card is up to date, and have even uninstalled the driver and reinstalled. Basically, I've researched the issues myself through the forums and done everything listed as a possible fix, to no avail. I'm kinda sad, but laptop mode will have to suffice for now. As for the other glitches, well...december patch is most anticipated.

Happy Simming -Lily

Hello
    Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
    Try lowering the ingame screen resolution and close any windows that you have open on the desktop when playing,
    There is an issue with ultra speed when living in San Myshuno. Try having yiur sims live in another world.
  • Options
    ShareeSharee Posts: 242 Member
    it is unplayable.
    Every time i play, the game floods my game with random townies,which you cant even delete because if you do you nuke your entire save thanks to a bug.
    My sims cant craft items when owning a vet clinic, the game crashes,
    My cats are constantly afraid ever since i got the preventative shot at the vet.
    My kittens transform into weird creatures when i try to get them to sleep in a pet bed.
    Sometimes patients are unable to be treated and they stand there getting mad (same as happens with dine out)
    My cat had kittens, the game told me two were to be born, everyone t posed and nobody was born, the next time i left the lot, it showed one kitten along the bottom with my sims other family members
    Said kitten looks nothing like the parents
    I've tried training my cats to not jump on counters, the game repeatedly tells me "cat has learned not to jump on counters" then next time i see her she jumps back up on there.

This is stupid. EA needs to test their games before they release them. I have taken all my mods out, repaired the game, cleared caches. Done it all and its still a broken pile of trash. I'm very unhappy.
  • Options
    Sharee wrote: »
    it is unplayable.
    Every time i play, the game floods my game with random townies,which you cant even delete because if you do you nuke your entire save thanks to a bug.
    My cats are constantly afraid ever since i got the preventative shot at the vet.
    My kittens transform into weird creatures when i try to get them to sleep in a pet bed.
    Sometimes patients are unable to be treated and they stand there getting mad (same as happens with dine out)
    My cat had kittens, the game told me two were to be born, everyone t posed and nobody was born, the next time i left the lot, it showed one kitten along the bottom with my sims other family members
    I've tried training my cats to not jump on counters, the game repeatedly tells me "cat has learned not to jump on counters" then next time i see her she jumps back up on there.

This is plum. EA needs to test their games before they release them. I have taken all my mods out, repaired the game, cleared caches. Done it all and its still a broken pile of trash. I'm very unhappy.

Hello
    There is a workaround for your cats being scared ,in the second post of this AHQ EA site thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-Cats-and-Dogs-permanently-scared-after-vet-check-up/m-p/6411877#M50114
  • Options
    pookysimsloverpookysimslover Posts: 339 Member
    Pandaboba wrote: »
    The only bug I've run into after I installed Cats and Dogs, is that all the relationships my sims have had are all gone, besides for the pets. Even family members don't remember each other, and if the family member wasn't on the lot when the game loaded, the sim was forgotten completely.

I had that happen with a family, before I got Cats And Dogs, but after the first patch for Nov!
    To follow me or check out my creations my name is claramj and my avatar is Nikki Cat, she's in my gallery!
  • Options
    ShareeSharee Posts: 242 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    it is unplayable.

This is plum. EA needs to test their games before they release them. I have taken all my mods out, repaired the game, cleared caches. Done it all and its still a broken pile of trash. I'm very unhappy.

Hello
    There is a workaround for your cats being scared ,in the second post of this AHQ EA site thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-Cats-and-Dogs-permanently-scared-after-vet-check-up/m-p/6411877#M50114

Thanks for the info. Ive decided to not play again until the game ia patched. Im getting far too stressed out with all the problems
    Thank you for all your hard work
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    edited November 2017
    Goth583 wrote: »
    Litter boxes!! My cat wants a clean litter box, even though I have the automatic ones and I have to sell/buy because the only thing my sim can do is put it in her inventory! I even tried the regular litter box. Anyone else?

That just happens when the cat has to pee and hasn't got to the litterbox yet. It doesn't mean that there's anything wrong with the litterbox. I've had the same thing happen with hungry pets even though the bowls were full. Just give it a couple minutes and the cat will go to the litterbox.

For the strays... I've only seen one. It's a bit odd.

My only bug is when Sims can't apparently reach the pets to lecture them when there's absolutely nothing in the way. It's annoying because then it takes me forever to fix the behavior.
  • Options
    it is unplayable.

Hello

Thanks for the info. Ive decided to not play again until the game ia patched. Im getting far too stressed out with all the problems
    Thank you for all your hard work

I am sorry that you are experiencing these things in your game
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    So it seems that there is a weird bug with the placement of the check in kiosk. I put it next to a row of counters and customers wouldn’t walk in the door to use it. Placed it outside of the clinic and they interacted with it. Now I have it sitting in the middle of my lobby (not aesthetically pleasing but it’s the only thing that works so whatever). Sims literally will NOT use it if it is anywhere near the counters I placed. Seems really weird. Repaired the game, sold the clinic and rebought. I even demolished the walls in the front of the clinic thinking maybe the enterance was the issue. Nope. Just the placement of the kiosk. Kind of ridiculous.

does it work if you just place one counter or also not ?
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Not buying. Maybe someday they will fix all these bugs. My problem is I can't avoid the patches, it does it automatically. Then I'm stuck with whatever they break. I would have been happy just to have stayed where my game was and not buy anything else. At least it was working.
  • Options
    IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    My cat keeps getting this thought bubble were she got routing problems or something. Like a crossed out path. She keeps getting this until she pass out of exhaustion. It's like she cannot find somewhere to sleep, even though she got multiple places to sleep.

I've tried resetting her and all, but nothing seems to work. I only got two simple mods in the game, but I could try taking them out, even though I'm pretty sure they're not causing this.
  • Options
    A bug I'm experiencing is the dog and cat poses in create a pet won't stay on 1 pose. They go between sitting and standing. Not a game killing bug but aggregating if your trying to take a picture of them in a certain pose.
  • Options
    Icewolf wrote: »
    My cat keeps getting this thought bubble were she got routing problems or something. Like a crossed out path. She keeps getting this until she pass out of exhaustion. It's like she cannot find somewhere to sleep, even though she got multiple places to sleep.

I've tried resetting her and all, but nothing seems to work. I only got two simple mods in the game, but I could try taking them out, even though I'm pretty sure they're not causing this.

Hello
    Try removing the mods and see if that helps. Try altering where you have positioned the pet beds and see if that helps. Try directing her to sleep,
  • Options
    A bug I'm experiencing is the dog and cat poses in create a pet won't stay on 1 pose. They go between sitting and standing. Not a game killing bug but aggregating if your trying to take a picture of them in a certain pose.

Hello
    Try coming out of the game completely. Then reload the game , and see if the issue remains.
  • Options
    micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    @rosemow you are a wonderful amazing human being!!! Seriously, thank you for going out of your way to help everyone.
  • Options
    michelei wrote: »
    @rosemow you are a wonderful amazing human being!!! Seriously, thank you for going out of your way to help everyone.

Thankyou very much for your very kind words :)
  • Options
    IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    Icewolf wrote: »

Hello
    Try removing the mods and see if that helps. Try altering where you have positioned the pet beds and see if that helps. Try directing her to sleep,

Will do! :smiley: