Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you make your sims beautiful?

Comments

• Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    I had to google Ruby as I have not seen the show. It's hard to tell whether your sim resembles Ruby from that distance.

I like to make sims based on real people and, for this, a CAS zoom mod is essential. Also looking at the sim in game and repeat visits to CAS are required. I print out several images of people I want to reproduce from different angles and constantly compare the images to the sim while I am working.

I do that sometimes, but this time around I just wanted her to kinda resemble the actual character. As long as she's brunette with a lot of red, we're good.

From your OP I thought you wanted realism. I see now this is not the case.
    I downloaded a lot of CC and facial sliders and such, yet I see all the sims people create and they are much more beautiful than mine. Can those of you with beautiful more realistic looking sims tell me how you're able to do so? Share screenshots of your faves if you like!
  • Options
    Missa_SissaMissa_Sissa Posts: 328 Member
    And last but not least for this sim household, this is Belle (also from my show but you might know her as a Disney princess as well.) She is Ruby & Dorothy's lover/maid/nanny. The only thing I tweaked facial-slider wise were her eyes. As for her natural skin tone and blush, I thought she looked beautiful the way she is. 29ghnhj.jpg
  • Options
    I had to google Ruby as I have not seen the show. It's hard to tell whether your sim resembles Ruby from that distance.

I like to make sims based on real people and, for this, a CAS zoom mod is essential. Also looking at the sim in game and repeat visits to CAS are required. I print out several images of people I want to reproduce from different angles and constantly compare the images to the sim while I am working.

I do that sometimes, but this time around I just wanted her to kinda resemble the actual character. As long as she's brunette with a lot of red, we're good.

From your OP I thought you wanted realism. I see now this is not the case.
    I downloaded a lot of CC and facial sliders and such, yet I see all the sims people create and they are much more beautiful than mine. Can those of you with beautiful more realistic looking sims tell me how you're able to do so? Share screenshots of your faves if you like!

Sometimes. It's a bit difficult to explain what I mean. I'll post a screenshot of what I'm talking about, one sec.
  • Options
    Here is what I meant by "real" though I am very content with most of the Sims I make. I sometimes wish I could make a sim (particularly children and toddlers) super cute like this. 333bf6d.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    I've tried face/lip/nose masks, but they show up white on my sim. So if anyone knows a good link to those, feel free to post it.
  • Options
    I just have to share one more pic of a beautiful Sim I loved but never got to play. Skipper from the Barbie family. nch4id.jpg
  • Options
    Once again, I had to look up Dorothy Gale. I don't really see any resemblance.

I would suggest that you look for CC eyebrows as eyebrows make a lot of difference.

See, I don't either, but meh I'm okay with it. thanks for the suggestion though, I was gonna look up CC eyebrows anyway. I'm not too picky about the resemblance as long as they're pretty and how I like them.
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    edited October 2017
    i personally don't like to use custom sliders other than what NRaas mods have included, which is not much, because the game bugs out already now enough
    using cc especially face overlays, make up & such can alter the appearance a lot but the structure of the face still remains boringly bland - that's why i don't use that sort of cc at all
    i am always trying to use what is actually already as basic official tool there & that's alot

making faces in TS3, as JoAnne65 described, can be improved if you dive into ALL the sliders available in game
    for every part of the face like shape of the face, eyes, nose, & lips there are several in depth alteration options

also
    use 3 views if you make a face
    1. frontal
    2. sharp profile
    3. 3/4th view (cheek profile)
    1ihe1i.jpg

some of the sliders alter the face visible only in profile, some visible already frontal & some in the third view
    make yourself familiar with which slider alters which part of the face

there are also some trickier sliders like the mouth corner depth slider which changes more than just the corners but the depth of the entire mouth as well
    the adjustment of ears is under face shape
    fine adjustment of the lips, for the upper & the lower lip separately
    there is possible a very fine adjustment of eyes, where you can manipulate eg the hight of eyes/eyelids relative to the iris (gives a totally different face impressions)
    you find the shape of the eyebrows under hair, where you can alter the main definition of them, but the fine definition for eyebrows is under eyes
    dm437k.jpg

also use make up only at the end of skulpting
    start sculpting either with a hair you really want to use or with hair which allows to see the face undisturbed from different angles & choose the hair you want at the end first

there are also two sorts of how you can start to make a face
    1. start with the predefined presets
    2. hit the randomize button (there are two random buttons, one for the entire sim incl clothing & one only for the face)
    i use the random button very often to make a new sim face since i can hit it infinitely without much delay :grimace:
    i also often save interesting looking randomized sims without any alteration to my library of sims as base sim for finer sculpting later
    nz1i9.jpg

& here 25 female faces from my game
    2e5m5xj.jpg

Post edited by Rukola_Schaaf on
    i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    Here are some examples I have on hand for the way I use cc on sims. Everyone has their own aesthetic to what they like best. For me, I want subtle realism. I like a bit of texture on the face so think pores, blush and nose masks. I like to layer different combinations of makeup thanks to Nraas allowing more than one makeup per location setting. Opacity is very important! I have custom sliders in my game but I honestly don’t think they add much and I can easily go without them. As others have said, small pulls of the sliders can turn any base sim into something unique.
    Screenshot-53.png

PC9wox.jpg

bwg9Lj.jpg
  • Options
    jordandjordand Posts: 262 Member
    I love the look of your sims, @coco!! <3 I also don’t like when they are too realistic looking.
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited October 2017

I don't use any additional facial sliders (Edit to Add: except one for a cleft in the chin :) ) but I do use the EA ones to get the look I want. I use CC hair, eyebrows, facial hair and body hair (these last two from my male sims). I also use default replacement skins and eyes and a few CC blush/contour makeups and 2 or 3 lipsticks.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and that applies to sims too. I like a more natural look which means no makeup, minimal makeup and/or subtle makeup (that is done by setting opacity to only halfway or less).

So how I make my sims beautiful (at least to my tastes) is using sliders, minimal makeup and CC hair and brows along with the default skins and eyes.

Here are a couple of my female sims in game:

nRs5tlF.jpg

mBJJN1F.jpg

Post edited by cwaddell on
  • Options
    AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member

I think the CC makes every vanilla sim more beatiful and unique, and the sliders give more realistic looks, but not every realistic sim is beautiful and not every beautiful sim is realistic...
    I think if you want to make sure both then you could just download some sims for a start.
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    jordand wrote: »
    I love the look of your sims, @coco!! <3 I also don’t like when they are too realistic looking.

@jordand And 2 of those of hers are premade townies,Sun from Shang Simla and Jennifer from Hidden Springs :love: and you can tell it is them just a small difference from the skin.Coco makes pretty sim pics
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited October 2017
    oh...and I touched up River from Sunset Valley with some CC skin, hair and eyes.

She went from this:

Screenshot-5.jpg

to this: (in the Sims Wiki it says that her eyes are green. But in no way in the EA Premade can you tell that her eyes are green, they're so dark that their eye-color is not even recognizable. So I just said to heck with that and made them jade-green with the help of CC eyes. She would have stuck with dark-brown hair, but I thought "red highlights" would go nicely with her regular haircolor.

Screenshot-6.jpg

Screenshot-18.jpg
    Yeah, as @Charlottesmom stated... Haruo and River need to "get a room". :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member

I think the CC makes every vanilla sim more beatiful and unique, and the sliders give more realistic looks, but not every realistic sim is beautiful and not every beautiful sim is realistic...
    I think if you want to make sure both then you could just download some sims for a start.
    I don't agree. That is, I genuinely prefer this sim without the CC (and I really like this CC skin).

XhbjjGm.png

Reason being that I prefer the vanilla mouth here and in fact it makes him more unique.

Apart from that, it also depends what CC.... One of my sims participated in a contest once and the simmer who organized it needed him for announcement pictures. I won't go into detail but he scared me in her game ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    coco wrote: »
    Here are some examples I have on hand for the way I use cc on sims. Everyone has their own aesthetic to what they like best. For me, I want subtle realism. I like a bit of texture on the face so think pores, blush and nose masks. I like to layer different combinations of makeup thanks to Nraas allowing more than one makeup per location setting. Opacity is very important! I have custom sliders in my game but I honestly don’t think they add much and I can easily go without them. As others have said, small pulls of the sliders can turn any base sim into something unique.
    Screenshot-53.png

PC9wox.jpg

bwg9Lj.jpg

My nose masks come out white on my sims but the blush one works fine. Where did you find such a perfect one?
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    What in the world is a "nose mask" I'm guessing CC..(I'm CC free).
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    What in the world is a "nose mask" I'm guessing CC..(I'm CC free).
    Yes, it's this.

tumblr_map9g5owhP1qfqm31o2_500.jpg

tumblr_n7fkyl6vrj1rwfgm4o1_r4_500.jpg

5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I've tried face/lip/nose masks, but they show up white on my sim. So if anyone knows a good link to those, feel free to post it.
    Are you sure that they don't have different color channels? Usually, they are made with color channels and you need to use the color wheel to blend with the skin you're using.

i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    My nose masks come out white on my sims but the blush one works fine. Where did you find such a perfect one?
    The point of nose masks is that you don’t really notice they’re there. They just add a little definition to the nose. Depending on the mask you will need to play around with the colours, sometimes darker browns work and other times yellows or even green tones blend in with the skin. To avoid it being really obvious just set the opacity so it’s way to the left, something like 10 or 20% should do.

You can’t really tell that these sims are wearing nose masks, at least to me it looks natural.
    qthpls.jpg

K5LuXb.png

ZIuWmq.jpg
  • Options
    @coco And another,Adaeze Min <3

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    jordandjordand Posts: 262 Member
    @coco, I haven’t put any CC in my game at this point, but what replacement skin do you use?
    @CravenLestat, I did not realize that because I haven’t gotten around to buying any of the store worlds yet, even though there are several that I’d love to have! They are gorgeous, and I always love seeing your pics of all the gorgeous premade yownies that you use in your games ;) . They get a lot of hate, but I love matching sims up with a townie in my saves!
  • Options
    @CravenLestat I love your new siggy! :heart:
  • Options
    @jordand Sorry I don’t have access to my computer at the moment and I’m about to head off to work. I’ll try and find out for you and post back here when I can :smile:
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    TY @jordand There are so many good ones,the only truly "*gly" town in Sims 3 is of all places the one you would expect diamonds in the rough.Twinbrook :s was so disappointed when I first got Ambitions and was a stylist the townies are just gross,would have been fun to have even a few that just had bad makeup or clothes.Do not alter tweak townies ever so TB is pretty much a lost cause.

Had I made that world half would have been townies male and female with the unlocked disaster makeover CAS stuff where a pretty sim has the awful makeup and the shaved down the middle cut with gross patterned clothes on.Then you get to see her beautiful.

DfydFiZ.gif