Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

October Patch Speculation 2017 (Patch is out Update To The Holiday Pack)

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
Update Oct Patch has Dropped

Next Sunday is October 1st so it will be hear shortly.

My prediction is that the October Patch is going to be the big prepatch for cats and dogs. They can release that up to two weeks early. My thinking is the October Update will fall on the Last week of October.

Predictions for possible new content
Swimming In The Ocean added if we get a playable beach in the new pets world.

In bed animations added since they have to add the pets animations in bed like cuddling. Prehaps sim to sim animations when laying down will be added as well.

The New Roofs which have been mentioned.

Possibly new taller half walls.

Possibly something new for Halloween or an Autumn Freepack.

If the October Update is the Prepatch Grant says it's going to be a good one.

Post edited by catloverplayer on

Comments

• Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    Hmm I feel like October will just be bug fixes and maybe a Halloween challenge and the pre expansion patch will be in the first seven days of November. You could be right though.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »
    Hmm I feel like October will just be bug fixes and maybe a Halloween challenge and the pre expansion patch will be in the first seven days of November. You could be right though.

I agree completely. Also EA will probably give us something festive in a December patch; it's really nice how they've done this for free in the last (however many) years, like a little xmas pressie.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I believe that the new roofs will be patched in for all. I might just redesign my entire main house when we get them.

I just hope that's not the only thing we get. Cus y'know... free stuff...
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    I believe that the new roofs will be patched in for all. I might just redesign my entire main house when we get them.

Interestingly the new window seat sofas in cats & dogs are going to require me to redo a couple of walls, luckily it's nothing too major though.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    BabySquare wrote: »
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »

I agree completely. Also EA will probably give us something festive in a December patch; it's really nice how they've done this for free in the last (however many) years, like a little xmas pressie.

We are getting an update to the holiday pack yes.
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member

If the new roofs are patched in, we wouldn't have seen them yet because they can't announce free content before the quarter it's coming out in.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Burglars
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    I think the pets patch will come in the tuesday or thursday before launch, so november 7 probably. in October I don't expect much. Maybe a free pack if that rumor is true. If not just bug fixes since the big patch would come so soon after. I expect it to come on the week of the 16th.
  • Options
    BuzzBuzzBuzzBuzz Posts: 303 Member
    Preteens?
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    EEEEARGH!!!!

I was just creating myself a beautiful underground house when, casually looking for stuff to decorate with I stumbled upon the Caterina Doll.

"My mother never allowed herself to be photographed. Though I recall she looked quite a lot like the Caterina doll." - Bonehilda.

WILL WE GET BONEHILDA?!
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    Evenstar606Evenstar606 Posts: 1,618 Member
    Doesn't the next quarter begin in October? So we will get a new teaser sometime in October? (Can't remember the quarter schedule).
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    Doesn't the next quarter begin in October? So we will get a new teaser sometime in October? (Can't remember the quarter schedule).

Yes the new teaser will be coming at the beginning of October. Hard to say exactly which day but I'm hoping for Monday, October 2.
  • Options

Yes.
    Quarterly Teaser should be dropping Next Monday or Tuesday. Sunday is Oct 1st.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited September 2017
    here's hoping
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Still waiting for those clothing & potty training issues to be fixed.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    KlthfKlthf Posts: 230 Member
    edited September 2017
    I think the October patch will probably contain a Halloween challenge (maybe a new one or an update to the Day of the Dead challenge) and maybe a new fall related object. I also hope for bug fixes. The Pre-Cats and Dogs patch will probably be in the first week of November or right before the release of the expansion pack. The November patch might contain the roofs or the highly speculated rain.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I dreamt we were getting Halloween stuff?? First Sims dream I've had in a long time! Honestly not top of my personal list, though. I'm not really expecting anything this month except an event-type-thing.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Klthf wrote: »
    I think the October patch will probably contain a Halloween challenge (maybe a new one or an update to the Day of the Dead challenge) and maybe a new fall related object. I also hope for bug fixes. The Pre-Cats and Dogs patch will probably be in the first week of November or right before the release of the expansion pack. The November patch might contain the roofs or the highly speculated rain.

If we get rain in an update I'll really be surprised. I don't expect rain until we get seasons.
    I dreamt we were getting Halloween stuff?? First Sims dream I've had in a long time! Honestly not top of my personal list, though. I'm not really expecting anything this month except an event-type-thing.

Like a Free Halloween Pack thru the Update? Maybe but if they do I hope it will add Autumn and Thanksgiving Stuff.
  • Options
    We have enough halloween stuff, in my opinion. There's other things we need.
  • Options

If we get rain in an update I'll really be surprised. I don't expect rain until we get seasons.

Like a Free Halloween Pack thru the Update? Maybe but if they do I hope it will add Autumn and Thanksgiving Stuff.

you don't think we will get rain I was really hoping so
  • Options

yes lots of things
  • Options
    MekoSharkMekoShark Posts: 161 Member

I had a dream like that too, and I had one last year at the time when CL was coming out and no one knew what the next EP was going to be, but I could be wrong about this one. :( -On a positive note, we will all find out the truth in a few days... :# yay! :)
    Sharks need love too 🦈

• Options

you don't think we will get rain I was really hoping so

No I think EA will save it for Seasons.
  • Options

If you have Spooky Stuff but people that don't own that pack have hardly any Halloween Stuff save for last year's day of the dead stuff and vampires go if they have that.
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    I'm hoping that, because we saw those mechanical skins for cats 'n dogs, that we'll get some sort of Robot Challenge, like we did with the Plantsims.
    And I can never get enough Hallow e'en stuff!
    7mQr8Yt.jpg