Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Supernatural Sims

Comments

• Options
    a_niles06a_niles06 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Well, since someone mentioned it, superpowers was referenced in a survey. It was about being able to send your Sims to some kind of super power academy where your Sim learns to wield powers and then use them to protect their town or terrorize it. I'd guess the "protect" would mean there would something to protect it from.

As for something actually Supernatural, I feel like Werewolves would make the most "sense" in terms of coming out next. But I'm also all for Witches. If they REALLY want to do Zombies, I hope they're more threatening than the last version. And once Werewolves, Witches, perhaps Fairies if they add them, are out of the way, maybe try something new?

I agree with Loanet, I don't want Witches to be locked behind a lifestate. Imagine having a Vampire with Vampiric and Magical abilities in the Sims 4. It seems more difficult to create hybrid Sims in this game. That was my main character in the Sims 3. I played a Vampire\Witch\Alien\Genie\Fairy hybrid.
    a_niles06 wrote: »
    The only ones I REALLY want to return are werewolves, witches and fairies. Beyond that I'm open to whatever. I'd love to see zombies return but only if they're able to do more. I'd want to be able to have zombie babies and have them be a bit more interactive. One of my favorite things to do in TS3 was to have a legacy where each generation was a new supernatural...start with a human, have the human marry a fairy (or whichever you'd prefer) and then the only babies eligible to be gen 2 heir would be natural born fairies, who would then marry a new supernatural and so on. I was disappointed that you couldn't do that with zombies or mummies (I think?) and I'm so bummed you can't have ghost babies in TS4 so if they wouldn't make the zombies more interactive then I'd just say forget it.

Zombie...babies? A human having babies with a zombie? I, uh... unless I'm misunderstanding something here, I don't see EA\Maxis getting behind the idea of a human Sim getting with a walking corpse.

Lol...it is a sort of odd concept but not really anymore weird than a human sim being able to get with a ghost in Sims 3...or with a doll you can turn human... ;) But to each their own, I prefer them to be more interactive but it's not everyone's cup of tea!
    ezgif_com_resize.gif

• Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    Werewolves, witches and fairies seem to be the main three with the most potential; Mermaids have also been strongly hinted but would require a lot of swimming water to be justified.

Perhaps Zombies, like PlantSims, will be something you have to go out of your way to become. I never was keen on the idea of Sims being BORN as zombies.

Perhaps they're in the October patch.

Mermaids have been hinted at? Where?

Well, since someone mentioned it, superpowers was referenced in a survey. It was about being able to send your Sims to some kind of super power academy where your Sim learns to wield powers and then use them to protect their town or terrorize it. I'd guess the "protect" would mean there would something to protect it from.

As for something actually Supernatural, I feel like Werewolves would make the most "sense" in terms of coming out next. But I'm also all for Witches. If they REALLY want to do Zombies, I hope they're more threatening than the last version. And once Werewolves, Witches, perhaps Fairies if they add them, are out of the way, maybe try something new?

I agree with Loanet, I don't want Witches to be locked behind a lifestate. Imagine having a Vampire with Vampiric and Magical abilities in the Sims 4. It seems more difficult to create hybrid Sims in this game. That was my main character in the Sims 3. I played a Vampire\Witch\Alien\Genie\Fairy hybrid.
    The only ones I REALLY want to return are werewolves, witches and fairies. Beyond that I'm open to whatever. I'd love to see zombies return but only if they're able to do more. I'd want to be able to have zombie babies and have them be a bit more interactive. One of my favorite things to do in TS3 was to have a legacy where each generation was a new supernatural...start with a human, have the human marry a fairy (or whichever you'd prefer) and then the only babies eligible to be gen 2 heir would be natural born fairies, who would then marry a new supernatural and so on. I was disappointed that you couldn't do that with zombies or mummies (I think?) and I'm so bummed you can't have ghost babies in TS4 so if they wouldn't make the zombies more interactive then I'd just say forget it.

Zombie...babies? A human having babies with a zombie? I, uh... unless I'm misunderstanding something here, I don't see EA\Maxis getting behind the idea of a human Sim getting with a walking corpse.

Lol...it is a sort of odd concept but not really anymore weird than a human sim being able to get with a ghost in Sims 3...or with a doll you can turn human... ;) But to each their own, I prefer them to be more interactive but it's not everyone's cup of tea!

Hah, I actually completely forgot you could have a kid with a Ghost in the Sims 3. It still seems certainly unusual to say the least, though. At least Ghosts aren't rotting.
  • Options
    CruelhumanbeanCruelhumanbean Posts: 86 Member
    Definitely witches!! I think they could be so fun this time around, especially if given the care vampires were.
  • Options
    ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    I want zombies back as well! But functional zombies similar to what we had in TS2. TS3 zombies were lame. Though, I would like a connection between witches and zombies again like in TS3; a spell that could raise the dead.

Honestly, I'd like to see all the supernaturals return that we've had in previous games. I get that we aren't going to get plant sims in the same fashion, and that's fine, but werewolves, witches, servos, etc. would be nice.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • Options
    ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    None. Aliens, vampires, and ghosts are enough imo
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • Options
    DakoataDakoata Posts: 13 New Member
    Werewolves EP please! With Pets coming out soon I hope that it will have paved a way for a Werewolves EP next.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited October 2017
    Werewolves, witches and fairies seem to be the main three with the most potential; Mermaids have also been strongly hinted but would require a lot of swimming water to be justified.

Perhaps Zombies, like PlantSims, will be something you have to go out of your way to become. I never was keen on the idea of Sims being BORN as zombies.

Perhaps they're in the October patch.

Mermaids have been hinted at? Where?

Hah, I actually completely forgot you could have a kid with a Ghost in the Sims 3. It still seems certainly unusual to say the least, though. At least Ghosts aren't rotting.

Mermaids are kind of hinted in Forgotten Hollow. It has statues in the area of all the supernatrual types that usually come - fairy, witch, werewolf - and in the lake is a part-submerged statue of a woman hidden in the rushes. This is the hint for Mermaids eventually appearing as a lifestate.

The idea of zombie babies is really disturbing to me. I can deal with summoning zombies for housework with witches but not with baby zombies. It is a perfectly possible lifestate but the idea of it just grosses me out when we have ghosts already.

@ShadyLady89 We already have PlantSims. You have to turn yourself into them with Forbidden Fruit and it only lasts 5 days, but with a good supply of the fruit from a tree, you can keep turning yourself into a PlantSim.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    JoshuaSims0JoshuaSims0 Posts: 207 Member
    when i was 11 5 years back, I used to play supernatural and i absolutely hated the zombies, they made my sims die :(
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I will never call whatever they thought they could sell us as plant sims plant sims...
  • Options
    I will never call whatever they thought they could sell us as plant sims plant sims...

Well what did you expect for what you get free? Was there a whole lot more you could do with them in Sims 3?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    Actually there was. Just because you don't care for plant sims, doesn't mean that they weren't important for some. To me they always added something important to my gameplay. I usually had this story where an old man, who lost his wife and always wanted a family is completely obsessed with his garden. Then one day he finds the forbidden fruit and raises his plant child. To me plant sims are like elves. Honestly, I have no problem paying for plant sims, maybe in a GP with other supernaturals. As long as I get better plant sims.
  • Options
    SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    I'm really hoping Witches get a game pack that comes with a Witch Academy! Or better yet, a pack where magic is a skill any sim can learn if you enroll in the Magic Academy and unlock the occult secrets!!! I'd love to have an immortal spell-slinging vampire >.>
  • Options
    MEP199MEP199 Posts: 46 Member
    I just want witches and lunar cycles, and ghosts fixed. In sims 2, If there was a married couple and the other sim died and left a grave, and the other got married to another person, the ghost of the sim would come and be angry and scare everyone.. That is the kind of storytelling I miss from sims 2.
  • Options
    AuronoiChieftainAuronoiChieftain Posts: 362 Member
    I would love for witches to make a comeback, but like some have said on here, I would prefer if Magical Abilities weren't applied to some lifestate (like they were in the Sims 3), I would prefer if any species could learn Magic (from Aliens to Werewolves), especially if it included new ways to move about the Neighborhood, like how Vampire Sims could Teleport or Run VERY Fast, i think this would allow other lifestates the ability to do so too (especially because a alien Sim doesn't have that option, even in an Object similar to the Quantum Power Suit, from the Sims 3 ITF Limited Edition).
  • Options
    jimjam1009jimjam1009 Posts: 165 Member
    I would love for witches to make a comeback, but like some have said on here, I would prefer if Magical Abilities weren't applied to some lifestate (like they were in the Sims 3), I would prefer if any species could learn Magic (from Aliens to Werewolves), especially if it included new ways to move about the Neighborhood, like how Vampire Sims could Teleport or Run VERY Fast, i think this would allow other lifestates the ability to do so too (especially because a alien Sim doesn't have that option, even in an Object similar to the Quantum Power Suit, from the Sims 3 ITF Limited Edition).

I would honestly prefer if they were a lifestate
  • Options
    Lillian4444Lillian4444 Posts: 41 Member
    I'm working on Harry Potter's (not the person, the universe in general) family trees, so I'd love to have magic, superpowers, all that, in the game!
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Actually, I'd like a spin off of TS1's Makin Magic. ANY of your sims could learn to cast magic - They didn't have to be a special race unto themselves. The new map could be Magic Town revamped with the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 caravans that sell spell ingredients. I'd love the return of Toad Sims. For me, TS1 had the most fun version of supernaturals and the MUSIC! Omg, I loved the music that came with MM.

Maybe it's just me, but it ruins it for me if any old sim can cast spells. I prefer it to be a life state like sims 2 and 3.

There is magic that anyone can do, but certain stuff only witches can do.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    Vee_SamVee_Sam Posts: 54 Member
    I am already working on the teen wolf cast. The sims 4 team just need to do the right thing and release a werewolf pack.
  • Options
    Actually, I'd like a spin off of TS1's Makin Magic. ANY of your sims could learn to cast magic - They didn't have to be a special race unto themselves. The new map could be Magic Town revamped with the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 caravans that sell spell ingredients. I'd love the return of Toad Sims. For me, TS1 had the most fun version of supernaturals and the MUSIC! Omg, I loved the music that came with MM.

Maybe it's just me, but it ruins it for me if any old sim can cast spells. I prefer it to be a life state like sims 2 and 3.

If witches didn't have to be a specific lifestate, all that time could be spent on magic. And witchy clothes. The CAS still makes it possible for making old hags.

Maybe you would need to get yourself changed into a witch at a teenager, like we're changed into vampires, (IE, there's no lifestate option) and only then you can learn witchcraft.
  • Options
    jimjam1009jimjam1009 Posts: 165 Member

If witches didn't have to be a specific lifestate, all that time could be spent on magic. And witchy clothes. The CAS still makes it possible for making old hags.

Maybe you would need to get yourself changed into a witch at a teenager, like we're changed into vampires, (IE, there's no lifestate option) and only then you can learn witchcraft.

It would be much better if u can starts doing some spells as a child and do some weird disappearing stuff with your toys as a child(like in ts3), and also if prefer if it was a lifestate
  • Options
    aujinehaujineh Posts: 454 Member
    edited October 2017
    Superpowers could be nice! As for supernaturals, the only supernatural creatures I'm really interested in are Vampires and they're already in the game. Still haven't bought the pack though. :#

You are so missing out on the vampires then, they are so much more awesome than in sims3.
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited October 2017
    Superpowers! Fairies! Witches! Wizards! Magic in general! Werewolves would be great too. And robots! But mermaids really wouldn't work that well for The Sims 4, what with the lack of open world and all, which is a shame.

I'm very much a fantasy player, and I'd love to see more of it in this game, most of it would be great in my book. Especially since they already handled the vampires so well. Like, gosh, imagine a superpower system similar to the vampire perk one - except the selection part of it is a bit different, you get to choose up to one or two out of all the powers that are available from the get-go, and then it's locked into that specific power you chose, probably. Also weaknesses? Picking weaknesses for the supers would be neat too; maybe some of the more overpowered powers would require you to, or maybe you're allowed to pick as many or as few weaknesses as you'd like.

It'd be easier to ask me which supernaturals I don't want. Zombies. I don't want zombies. They're lame, boring, slow and don't usually seem to have things on their mind besides "brraaiiinss". Haha, no thanks. Zombie apocalypses aren't really my thing either. There really doesn't seem to be much to do with them, besides avoiding them. Then again I never played Sims 2 all that much, so I dunno what you guys see in them.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Magdaleena wrote: »
    Superpowers! Fairies! Witches! Wizards! Magic in general! Werewolves would be great too. And robots! But mermaids really wouldn't work that well for The Sims 4, what with the lack of open world and all, which is a shame.

I'm very much a fantasy player, and I'd love to see more of it in this game, most of it would be great in my book. Especially since they already handled the vampires so well. Like, gosh, imagine a superpower system similar to the vampire perk one - except the selection part of it is a bit different, you get to choose up to one or two out of all the powers that are available from the get-go, and then it's locked into that specific power you chose, probably. Also weaknesses? Picking weaknesses for the supers would be neat too; maybe some of the more overpowered powers would require you to, or maybe you're allowed to pick as many or as few weaknesses as you'd like.

It'd be easier to ask me which supernaturals I don't want. Zombies. I don't want zombies. They're lame, boring, slow and don't usually seem to have things on their mind besides "brraaiiinss". Haha, no thanks. Zombie apocalypses aren't really my thing either. There really doesn't seem to be much to do with them, besides avoiding them. Then again I never played Sims 2 all that much, so I dunno what you guys see in them.

Imagine Windenburg but under water. I think it'd work amazing. Or Granite falls under water. They've shown they can do large open areas.

So there could be an ocean with house boats floating on the top. The community area however is under water where sims can dive etc. Maybe the house boats can't be moved, but you can build on top of the water. It'd be amazing in my opinion.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Magdaleena wrote: »

Imagine Windenburg but under water. I think it'd work amazing. Or Granite falls under water. They've shown they can do large open areas.

So there could be an ocean with house boats floating on the top. The community area however is under water where sims can dive etc. Maybe the house boats can't be moved, but you can build on top of the water. It'd be amazing in my opinion.

Oh my gosh, underwater neighborhoods! How did I not think of that as an option. That's brilliant. Now I'm thinking of perhaps entire underwater cities populated exclusively by mermaids... with the classic mermaid aesthetic, or perhaps even something like the gungans in star wars... man, I want that now.
    Not sure if normal sims would be able to live there, but they would be able to dive there, I think? However, they probably can't stay all day unless waterproof homes existed, unless they got a special enchantment from a mermaid or something...

Speaking of which, maybe vampires actually don't need to breathe underwater because they're already kind of dead. Maybe they can stay underwater for as long as they'd like to without any mermaid enchantments. That would be fun.

Another question I'd have is-- would the mermaids be restricted to the underwater world only, or would they be able to travel and go on land somehow like in Sims 3?

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    Witches might be able to make potions of youth, and so extend their lifestate that way.