Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Retail Store Challenge (UPDATED)

Comments

• Options
    MyInnerSimMyInnerSim Posts: 215 Member
    Thank you @SoulGal7 :smiley: I can't believe I got to 107 today, too I had 106 earlier :smiley: Yeah his sales day wasn't terrible but it was still bad lol. New episode tomorrow night showing the Christmas renovation :smiley:
    My YouTube channel and Twitter account have recently undergone a name change and are now Tamz Playz, for everything else I am still My Inner Sim.
  • Options
    My YouTube channel and Twitter account have recently undergone a name change and are now Tamz Playz, for everything else I am still My Inner Sim.
  • Options
    SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited December 2017
    @MyInnerSim - Wow! The bakery really looks nice. I so enjoyed that Dexter had his birthday celebration out and brought his own cake! lol And had a good laugh, in fact, I was laughing so hard at all the shenanigans of when he came back with Aarohi and the lock/unlock doors. OMG! That was hilarious. Go now...go have some adult time...ummm...no...door is locked....no, seriously, go on, have some adult time...can't...another door is locked....and now the gate is locked....lol I loved this chapter.
  • Options
    @SoulGal7 Haha, yeah I think I went overboard with the locked doors and gate, I probably could have just locked the apartment door from staff and the gate from customers :lol:
    The birthday was equally chaotic; how on earth do you get other sims to listen to music? There's only an interaction to dance and how I missed the games table, I dont know :lol:
    I'm glad it was entertaining lol
  • Options
    edited December 2017
  • Options
    @MyInnerSim - Yeah! Happy Holidays! Just watched your Christmas Let's Play and it was so fantastic that all these new sims came in your store. Even kids and teens. Ahhh....I would have loved that to have happened when I had the retail stores, especially the clothing store. The store looks really great and I am laughing at the wreath sale because that was where the garlic wreath was at Halloween, which kept selling. lol Even though most of the cost went to ads, staff and stocking, I think that having new customers was a great bonus! Yippee!
  • Options
    @SoulGal7 I'm glad you enjoyed the episode :smiley: I know I can't believe how many new people turned up and kids and teens, too :smiley:
    There's the final Christmas episode up tonight, I'll post the link tomorrow when I go on my pc :smile:
    Merry Christmas everyone :smiley:
  • Options
  • Options
    @MyInnerSim - just had a chance to watch your Christmas episode of Dexter's Delights. So great! And I did watch your next Let's Play of the house build. That's a nice house. Love it! I guess only a few chapters left and it's all done. I've grown quite fond of Dexter and his bakery and adventures. Yes, 100% mark-up is tough, but you still got new customers today as well. I almost want to do a retail store again to see if I will get teens and kids in my store. Or playtest the toy store. Now that would be fun to see if they go there.
  • Options
    @SoulGal7 Just one more episode left on New Years Eve, eek!
    Thanks, I'm really pleased with how the house turned out. I still hadn't learnt how to budget though, as I kept having to make it smaller :lol:
    Yeah I can't believe the amount of new customers, it was a nice way to end the store days :smile:
  • Options
  • Options
    @MyInnerSim - This house is so nice. I love it. I especially love the little balcony up top. Have you downloaded it to the gallery?
  • Options
    @SoulGal7 Thank you :smiley: Yes, it's uploaded to the Gallery :smiley:
    I've just recorded the final episode of the series, eek! Emotional times :cry: It'll be uploading on New Years Eve :smiley:
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
    Hi everyone! I hope all is well and everyone had a wonderful Holiday! My whole family has been sick pretty much the whole month, hope to get over this and be back into full swing of things here soon! Hugs and have a wonderful New Year!
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    @BreeMiles - Oh so happy to see you on. So sorry that your family has been sick. My hubbie is sick and now I think I am getting his cold. Blech! May the New Year be better for you and your family *hugs*
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • Options
    @BreeMiles Great to see you online again, I hope you all get better soon :heart:
  • Options
  • Options
    @MyInnerSim - What a truly great Let's Play this was for the last in the Dexter's Delights' series. A great party, a great night and a great romance ready to begin. I love the house and it looked great with all the sims in the living room area. I am so happy that we will be seeing Dexter again. If you want to do the restaurant challenge together, I'm in. I have already created 2 sims and a backstory. Had this ready and then Cats & Dogs came out and I created the Cats Rule & Dogs Drool Vet Challenge. That one is sort of occupying my time right now. Anyway, Happy New Year and I just loved, loved, LOVED this Let's Play. Yeah for Dexter in finishing The Retail Challenge! Thanks again to @AIRIS6962 & @BreeMiles for creating this great challenge.
  • Options
    @SoulGal7 and @MyInnerSim I'm really happy you enjoyed the challenge! It was a lot of fun for me even tho the last couple of months I didn't get to play, but hey we can always go back and play again! The fun fun fun of challenges!
  • Options
    @SoulGal7 Thank you, I tried to do something special for the finale and I'm really pleased with how it turned out :smiley: I would love to do the Restaurant challenge at some point, I just can't decide whether to do it for Youtube or Wordpress lol I'll probably just end up doing it for Youtube as playing out the video is slightly less time consuming for me than writing lol

Thank you @AIRIS6962 and @BreeMiles for a brilliant and fun challenge :smiley:
  • Options
    AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,655 Member
    So I recently found this page and thought that this challenge looked like a lot of fun. I can see that there hasn't been any activity for over a year, so I hope it is okay that I am posting here. But I couldn't resist this challenge :) I don't think I've played the game without cheats since the Sims 3 lol! It takes some patience...anyway...
    I created Sandy Shores
    y408v62.png
    She has purchased Tiki Treats. A rundown ocean front pastry shop right beside the public beach. People can dock, swim, or walk over from the beach. It has it's own casita in the back for her to live in.
    After 3 full Sim weeks, Sandy was able to make $19,655.00 in profits from her pastries alone. She has mastered her baking skill, learned a thing or two about handiness and gardening and has begun to build up a good reputation within the neighborhood. Now she just needs to decide whether she wants to build her home back in Newcrest or continue living the Island life and just expand her business and make her casita more comfortable. I know what I'd choose :)
    vZcSt3B.png
    XLsjO1E.png
    g9Fdeem.png
    XTpC9OZ.png
    Father Winter came to visit and must have loved her pastries so much that he never ever did leave...
    EIxQjpd.png
  • Options
    Hi @AlJay, I'm glad you have stumbled upon this challenge, I hope you have lots of fun with it! I will check back often to see your progress!
  • Options
    I love your shop and I agree about Father winter loving the pastries! <3
  • Options
    AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member

Hi, @AlJay ! :)

It´s great to see you by here!
    It´s absolutely ok to post here, I say more: Please, show your progress to us.

Your shop is truly lovely and I can´t believe you made it with so low budget! Well done, girl!
    If you upload your sim and your retail store to The Gallery don´t forget to add our hagstags and to post here the links.

And most of all, HAVE FUN! <3
  • Options
    AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,655 Member
    So, Sandy decided to renovate Tiki Treats with her profits. Expanding the deck, buying some new furniture, and updating the very sad kitchen. She also bought a big fancy bed, TV and computer for her casita.
    nL1JlUN.png
    ta0I7LX.png
    F15SvVo.png
    sV1GosS.png
    She proceeded to work another couple of weeks, but by that time her baking was so well loved that she made over $50 000. So she decided to Build a home for herself in Newcrest as well.
    7udlyRV.png
    I have uploaded the new projects to the gallery
    Tiki Treats
    Modern 50K (Sandi's newcrest home)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top