Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Expansion Pack Giveaway!! [Winner Announced!]

CitySimmer16CitySimmer16 Posts: 331 Member
Since I got myself a prepaid Visa card a couple of days ago AND there is an Origin Sale going on at the moment, so why not do a little giveaway? To enter, name your expansion pack of choice, the gameplay aspect you really love about the EP and why, your country, and your Origin username (this is crucial!!). I will pick a winner on the 20th of August 5pm Australian Central Standard Time. Good luck to all!!

Update: I'm proud to announce that the winner is... @daisy22ma !!! Thanks for entering this giveaway guys!!! <3

zXVtETZ.gif

FFCOojX.gif
Post edited by CitySimmer16 on

Comments

• Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Already have all the packs here, and I just wanted to warn you in advance that Origin only allows you to gift items to users in the same country as you are. :)
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    What happened to the giveaway thread @SimGuruDrake
  • Options
    PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Already have all the packs here, and I just wanted to warn you in advance that Origin only allows you to gift items to users in the same country as you are. :)

@icmnfrsh This is such an annoying thing. Basically killed giveaways. Nice of you to remind us all though :)
  • Options
    @icmnfrsh I usually just change my country thing to America :D It works just fine tbh
    FFCOojX.gif
  • Options
    I tried that once, but it didn't work for me. ): I usually have to resort to 3rd party key resellers to gift friends.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    And yeah, I hate this region-restricted gifting that Origin and Steam have. >:(

• Options
    I tried that once, but it didn't work for me. ): I usually have to resort to 3rd party key resellers to gift friends.

Hmm, last time I tried it was when I had a friend gift something to me through origin and I switched to her country (America) and I manage to receive the gift. Well I'll still hold the giveaway and I'll keep in contact with the winner :smiley:
    FFCOojX.gif
  • Options

Hmm, last time I tried it was when I had a friend gift something to me through origin and I switched to her country (America) and I manage to receive the gift. Well I'll still hold the giveaway and I'll keep in contact with the winner :smiley:

Oh, yeah. If the recipient changes his/her country, it works. So there's that.

• Options
    Oh, yeah. If the recipient changes his/her country, it works. So there's that.

I guess I'll go that route then!
    FFCOojX.gif
  • Options
    SalsaSquidSalsaSquid Posts: 23 Member
    Is it okay to wish a game pack instead? I already have all the expansions <3
  • Options
    the1975the1975 Posts: 82 Member
    Thank you so much for this opportunity!

My expansion pack of choice would be Get to Work and the main features I love about it are the additional career choices (and the fact that you can actually travel with your sims to your job), the photography aspect since it's a hobby I enjoy outside of the sims, the retail system, and aliens!! I'm actually working on a storyline with one of their sims where they aim to have the best business in town, so GTW would definitely be super helpful. And, also I'd love the photography aspect to create a room in my legacy house with former legacy's portraits hanging about

My country is America and my Origin username is strawbcrries.

Again, thank you & best of luck to everyone that enters. :)
  • Options
    KaatyKaaty Posts: 19 Member
    Ah this is super generous, thank you!

If I could pick any expansion, including game packs, I'd pick Parenthood! I've really been wanting an expanded family play for a while now, and when I heard Parenthood was a thing, I got really excited! I would love to be able for my Sims to be more involved with my Sim-kids and be able to develop my Sim-kids into nice, and not so nice adults!

My country is America, and my username is Kaatydid

Thanks again!! ❤️
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Kaaty wrote: »
    Ah this is super generous, thank you!

If I could pick any expansion, including game packs, I'd pick Parenthood! I've really been wanting an expanded family play for a while now, and when I heard Parenthood was a thing, I got really excited! I would love to be able for my Sims to be more involved with my Sim-kids and be able to develop my Sim-kids into nice, and not so nice adults!

My country is America, and my username is Kaatydid

Thanks again!! ❤️

That sounds great! But for this giveaway, its only EPs. But maybe I'll do a game pack giveaway in the future (when I get paid ;) )
    Would you like to pick an expansion pack instead?
    FFCOojX.gif
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    Thanks so much for the generous giveaway :)

I never really liked most of the expansion packs but since you are doing a giveaway, I wouldn't mind joining. The only one I am currently missing is City Living and honestly, I just want it for the fireworks, costumes, & the world :D The food booths could be fun too. Messaging you my country and username o:)
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    FereldanCherryFereldanCherry Posts: 291 Member
    You are very very kind!

The only ep missing for me is Get to work and what I really like about it is that you can build your own businesses and shops. I would love to do that! Also one of my Sims would be an awesoem doctor AND I like the photography feature.

My country is Germany and my Origin username is MadMaddily.
    The Fox And The Lion (Chapter 1 - The Introduction): https://fereldencherry.tumblr.com/tagged/tfatl1/chrono
  • Options
    NycoleCNycoleC Posts: 12 New Member
    Thanks for the chance I would really love to win a lovely game pack for my sims ^.^

I would choose ' Get To Work ' for EP , because it got some new skills. I love playing The Sims a lot and it will be a great addition to my game.

I live in Malaysia. My Origin Username is ImZoobie. :smiley:
  • Options
    MareviolaMareviola Posts: 86 Member

I'd like City Living 'cause I think the festivals kinda make it look like the neighborhood is "open". Like... you have more to do if you are someone like me who hates loading screens and never leave the house (or apartments in that case! XD). My Orgins ID is LyCassiel, USA.

Thanks for doing this giveaway!
    I've done the 100 Baby Challenge, check it out on my tumblr.

Babies: 100/100
  • Options
    daisy22madaisy22ma Posts: 16 Member
    I'd choose Get Together, because I'd love the amount of build items that come with the pack- there's many, & the Germanic theme of Windenburg is v v v pretty (the entirety of that world is beautiful tbh). I also like the aspect of clubs and club gatherings, as it can mean that sims can meet up with similar sims, and can also make storytelling in the sims /so/ much easier (plus some people have made scout groups for their child sims, which is adorable. Plus. the CAS items & additional gameplay options, such as cafes/coffee shops are absolutely lovely </3
    I'm from England (I think it's down as the United Kingdom on Origin) & my Origin ID is daisy22ma
    Thank you for doing this, it's very kind of you </3
  • Options
    daisy22madaisy22ma Posts: 16 Member
    (this bit got cut off :/)
    I'm from England/the United Kingdom & my Origin ID is daisy22ma
    Thank you for doing this, it's very kind of you <3
  • Options
    KaatyKaaty Posts: 19 Member
    > @CitySimmer16 said:
    > Kaaty wrote: »
    >
    > Ah this is super generous, thank you!
    >
    > If I could pick any expansion, including game packs, I'd pick Parenthood! I've really been wanting an expanded family play for a while now, and when I heard Parenthood was a thing, I got really excited! I would love to be able for my Sims to be more involved with my Sim-kids and be able to develop my Sim-kids into nice, and not so nice adults!
    >
    > My country is America, and my username is Kaatydid
    >
    > Thanks again!! ❤️
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > That sounds great! But for this giveaway, its only EPs. But maybe I'll do a game pack giveaway in the future (when I get paid ;) )
    > Would you like to pick an expansion pack instead?

LOL my bad, I thought you meant expansion pack as a general phrase. Thank you for correcting me haha!

If I could pick an EP I don't have, I'd definitely go with Get Together! I think that it would make for some interesting stories, and the clubs option is something I've been wanting in my game for a while. Plus, can we talk about those CAS items? Super adorable!!

Again, thank you so much for this opportunity, and good luck to everyone!! ♥
  • Options
    joseiloaizachjoseiloaizach Posts: 298 Member
    Thank you for doing this! I would choose City Living because I love apartments! I like the challenge of decorating in small spaces and I also love modern objects. The festivals and the careers add new things to do away from home and San Myshuno is a beautiful city (especially the Arts District).

I'm from Venezuela and my Origin ID is joseiloaizach :).
    SWB%2BBanner%2BForums.png

♦ Origin ID: joseiloaizach
    ♦ Blog: simwillbuild.blogspot.com
    ♦ Twitter: twitter.com/SimWillBuild
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Since I got myself a prepaid Visa card a couple of days ago AND there is an Origin Sale going on at the moment, so why not do a little giveaway? To enter, name your expansion pack of choice, the gameplay aspect you really love about the EP and why, your country, and your Origin username (this is crucial!!). I will pick a winner on the 20th of August 5pm Australian Central Standard Time. Good luck to all!!

zXVtETZ.gif

I already have the three Expansions that are out, but I'm excited for the new toddler pack!
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    KismetRoseKismetRose Posts: 302 Member
    This is a very kind and generous thing to do, thank you!

I would very much like Dine out. My grandfather had a small cafe that he ran with my grandmother when I was a child. They eventually sold it when he retired but I have so many fond memories from days spent there and I would love to have the opportunity to re-create it. I'm not the best builder but I sure would give it a shot! I love the idea of building it in my game and then I can pass it down to future generations in the family (something I kind of wish I could have with my grandpa's cafe)

I also do Simlit and I am currently writing a script now to publish this fall. I think it would be amazing to include scenes from Dine Out in my story! I have heard there are some bugs with this exp but I would love to take on the challenge and figure them out if I could :D

I am in the US and my origin name is Shyneia

Thank you and have a wonderful weekend!
  • Options
    SnazzySpike1SnazzySpike1 Posts: 380 Member
    You are so very gracious to be doing this. I would pick the City Living. Would really enjoy to have my sims living in apartments and going to the festivals. This is the only expansion pack so far that I have a story line for. I want to re-create the tv show Sex and the City, and the main sim could do social media and blog for a living. Also I love all of the new building items they have and mostly I really like the decorations for in the home. I love decorating the home to the max, and all the stuff in there seems perfect. I think too, since right now I only have the base game this would be a ideal expansion pack for my first one.

I live in Canada, and my user name is SnazzySpike.
  • Options
    Update: I'm proud to announce that the winner is... @daisy22ma !!! Thanks for entering this giveaway guys!!! <3
    FFCOojX.gif