Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Graham answers questions on the toddler sp and info thread on the pack

Comments

• Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    The inclusion of a bumblebee color variant for the new toddler shoes is crucial to my enjoyment of the game so I'm happy.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    It looks superawesome! The only thing I'm disappointed about is that you need to have met the toddlers before, not just the parents, to invite them for a playdate. There's going to have to be some home visits to do the meeting each other first, I guess.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Also, to keep things in one place, here are links for the trailer and blog:

Blog post: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/news/toddlers-stuff-coming-soon

Trailer:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbj-bIMwdmg

And the date and time for the livestream!

@catloverplayer you could totally rename this an Info thread and have it just gather stuff :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    It looks superawesome! The only thing I'm disappointed about is that you need to have met the toddlers before, not just the parents, to invite them for a playdate. There's going to have to be some home visits to do the meeting each other first, I guess.

I wonder if that will be able to be modded? Like all toddlers in the save are available for invitation for play date events. Won't help non-cc users though.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Also, to keep things in one place, here are links for the trailer and blog:

Blog post: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/news/toddlers-stuff-coming-soon

Trailer:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbj-bIMwdmg

And the date and time for the livestream!

@catloverplayer you could totally rename this an Info thread and have it just gather stuff :)

Awesome SimGuruDrake will be hosting with Graham.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    Could someone with a twitter account please ask whether "Biological Parent Stalking" will be fixed in the SP?

Here's the problem: When you have toddlers that do not live with their biological parents, the game still considers the birth parents as caregivers. To the extreme of sending them to the lot lot the toddler is on after every loading screen (loading of game,traveling, switching households). This could wreck desastsers for playdates.

So my questions/requests are:

- Can we choose which adult to invite to the playdate event along with the toddler or will the game pick a caregiver by default?
    - Could we please get an option to remove biological parents as caregivers if another sim is already assigned for that role?
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    edited August 2017
    Who are you trying to fool with that ball pit? I mean we are paying for the game play objects after all. I think it should be cheaper
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    edited August 2017
    @SimGuruGraham @SimGuruDrake
    So we can have Toddler play dates.
    And need to have met the Toddler beforehand.
    Where are the Toddlers coming from?
    So far I have yet to see any game generated Toddlers.
    Yes I do go to Manage World and have seen Children and Teen but no Babies/Toddlers.
    That is unless I add them myself.
    Will that change?
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Really want to see how the play dates work Friday cant come soon enough.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    CrueltivityCrueltivity Posts: 161 Member
    I'm just going to put the new objects in my yard because I'm not going through numerous loading screens just to do the play date. Why not just load and manually choose the toddlers in town? They should know better before making these decisions
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

Yeah, this bothered me, too. I feel it should be enough to meet the parents.
  • Options

Added today via TheSims I'll also add this to the first post.
  • Options
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    Who are you trying to fool with that ball pit? I mean we are paying for the game play objects after all. I think it should be cheaper

Who are you asking?
  • Options
    Yes I do go to Manage World and have seen Children and Teen but no Babies/Toddlers.
    Will that change?

Mainly toddlers we create for different households unless the next world has new premades with premade toddlers.
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    edited August 2017
    I'm disappointed that you have to already know the toddlers ahead of time. The whole reason I wanted playdates was to make it easier to meet toddlers - my Sim can already invite toddlers she knows over to parties.
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    That trailer reminded me a bit of the Sims 2 basegame trailer. I was obsessed with that trailer. Anyways, I wish the objects were a bit smaller but otherwise I absolutely love it,
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Good trailer excluding the jump from kids to adult sized teens never getting over that.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    Aw that was a pretty darn cute trailer!
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited August 2017

OMG! That trailer gave me a "Generations" trailer vibe. That is sooo adorable <33
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    For real knowing the toddlers to have play dates is not really how playdates should go I mean the reason play dates happen is to meet other toddlers in the neighborhood.
    I'm just going to put the new objects in my yard because I'm not going through numerous loading screens just to do the play date. Why not just load and manually choose the toddlers in town? They should know better before making these decisions

I like this idea a lot I second it.

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

What are you talking about? It's only one loading screen.
    Terra wrote: »
    I'm disappointed that you have to already know the toddlers ahead of time. The whole reason I wanted playdates was to make it easier to meet toddlers - my Sim can already invite toddlers she knows over to parties.

Why should you be able to invite total strangers to a play date? If you got a phone call from a stranger, would you go t that play date not knowing who they were?
  • Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    Will that change?
    Mainly toddlers we create for different households unless the next world has new premades with premade toddlers.
    @catloverplayer @SimGuruGraham @SimGuruDrake
    When I play the only Toddlers are the ones in my active household. I am certain there have to be other players who do the same.
    I really LIKE the play date idea but do not want to create new Toddlers for each new generation.
    Similar issue with School Age children. In one of my saves I wanted my the Children to form a Club. They had been to school and met others there. BUT only *one* was child age. The rest they met were Teens.
    :star: I am certainly looking forward to this pack. Just hope it will work for the majority of players. :star:

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

What are you talking about? It's only one loading screen.
    Terra wrote: »

Why should you be able to invite total strangers to a play date? If you got a phone call from a stranger, would you go t that play date not knowing who they were?

I'd like to be able to invite parents (who have toddlers) if I know them but haven't met their child yet. In the real world, when my kids were small, I arranged playdates with the parents, not with small children.
  • Options
    NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    Its great that you can add a toddler playground to a restaurant, but poor planning that they can not be ordered for.
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim