Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Origin Sale!

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    cazzapoocazzapoo Posts: 6 New Member
    well i do like origin but most of the games are based round shooting i really love the simpler so im glad they have rayman
  • Options
    EmoFlowersEmoFlowers Posts: 325 Member
    I can't decide if I should buy Outdoor Retreat while it's 25% off, since it's the only GP I don't have, or if I should save my money for the Toddler pack and wait for the next sale period for Outdoor Retreat. :no_mouth: Sales are so hard, I want everything! :disappointed:
    !! Mermaids !!

RIP Princess (July 4, 2001 - January 11, 2016)
    RIP Misha (May 1, 2011 - July 2, 2016)
  • Options
    m11kjm11kj Posts: 410 Member
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    Who is in charge of the client design? Seriously? I want to know who thought this is so eye-appealing and "modern"
    7bafc4eb7776092e8c9b4aab38bfe2f2.png

The upper bar which says "Select Games below to start saving" is freaking bigger than everything. It is driving me insane...I can barely see the games. What the heck

right? i said it on the ea feedback forum b4 about this. it's like either they hired a sociopath web designer or they REALLY hate to let us get games discounted. they just had to make it difficult for us to throw them money. lmao

W79XhDj.png
  • Options
    VraieVraie Posts: 196 Member
    I'm an old simmer but a newcomer to Sims 4 and the sale made me happy until I realised that if I'd waited a few days I could've got the game at discount as well, oh well. I did get two GP rather than just one thanks to the sale, so I guess I should be happy....
    I also don't like the Origin client.
  • Options
    524julie524julie Posts: 8 New Member
    (I can't make a new post so I'm asking this here and hope it's ok). I just got a new laptop and now with this sale, I think it's the best time to buy The Sims 4 (which I've been wanting to play, but my old laptop forbid it). Other than playing during the free play right before Sims 4 was originally released, I have not played it at all, so other than the game itself, what are the top 3 expansion packs I should look into getting? Thanks.
  • Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    @524julie welcome to the world of sims there are only 3 eps at the moment
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,615 Member
    524julie wrote: »
    (I can't make a new post so I'm asking this here and hope it's ok). I just got a new laptop and now with this sale, I think it's the best time to buy The Sims 4 (which I've been wanting to play, but my old laptop forbid it). Other than playing during the free play right before Sims 4 was originally released, I have not played it at all, so other than the game itself, what are the top 3 expansion packs I should look into getting? Thanks.

Hello @524julie :)
    It is great that you are planning to buy Sims 4!
    There are Expansion packs, Game packs and Stuff packs.
    This article explains about the differences
    http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/expansionpacks/

These are links to guides to the Sims 4 Expansion packs
    https://simsvip.com/sims-4-expansion-pack-guides/
    Sims 4 Game Packs
    https://simsvip.com/sims-4-game-pack-guides/
    Sims 4 Stuff Packs
    https://simsvip.com/sims-4-stuff-pack-guides/

Happy simming ! :)
  • Options
    524julie524julie Posts: 8 New Member
    Thanks @MelissaStarbees and @rosemow. I realized after making my comment that there were different types of packs and whatnot. I think what I need to do is just get the game itself and then buy expansion/game/stuff packs later on. I never played Sims 2 or 3, but did play the original and only had a couple expansions, but didn't use them a lot.

And after going through all the different packs available I see that I can just get Origin Access for a year for just over the current price of Sims 4, and have that game plus the Sim City games to play. Though I don't know what happens after the year is up and I decide I don't want to pay for Access again. What happens to my game then? Decisions, decisions!
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    edited August 2017
    Oh is this a good time to get Vampires then? :o

Edit: uhr only 25% off. No thanks
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    SuxelaSuxela Posts: 93 Member
    OMG guys i know that it's not apart of the origin sale but Pets. I'm so excited for Nov. 10. maybe they'll have a sale then and I can buy the game and EPs on the laptop i'm planning on trying to get
  • Options
    MonirosimsMonirosims Posts: 5 New Member
    Because of this sale I bought my first EP for TS4. I had so many for TS3, but can't find it in me to spend so much for TS4, even though I love the base game. When I saw that the EPs were 50% off I had to jump on it (I got Get Together if anyone was wondering lol)
  • Options
    Monirosims wrote: »
    Because of this sale I bought my first EP for TS4. I had so many for TS3, but can't find it in me to spend so much for TS4, even though I love the base game. When I saw that the EPs were 50% off I had to jump on it (I got Get Together if anyone was wondering lol)

Hello @Monirosims :) It is great that you have bought your first Ep for Sims 4! Get Together is a great Ep! The club system is very useful in the game. Windenburg is a pretty world to either live in or for sims to enjoy visiting.
    Happy simming and having Get Together in your game! :)
  • Options
    sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    Does anyone know why the Stuff Packs aren't on sale this time around? I wanted to pick up a few.
  • Options
    Does anyone know why the Stuff Packs aren't on sale this time around? I wanted to pick up a few.

Hello
    The stuff packs aren't on sale as much as the other packs. They are usually reduced in price when there is an overall percentage discount code, rather than individually. For example, 20% off all packs.
  • Options
    ChristianSimFanChristianSimFan Posts: 546 Member
    edited August 2017
    I already have them all, :3 I paid full price too, so congrats to those who got a good deal! :)
  • Options
    Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    I am TRYING to give them my money but the popup window won't let me put in my security code. Anyone else having this issue today?
  • Options
    Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    Update in case anyone else has this problem. I had to X out of the launcher, go to the main Sims webpage, purchase the expansion there and reopen the launcher. I couldn't find where to download my purchase but when I tried to launch the game, it told me the expansion was installing. Weird. But I got it.
  • Options
    ssilva101ssilva101 Posts: 3 New Member
    i was hoping that the sims 4 toddlers stuff would be on Origin but apparently its not on there??????
  • Options
    ssilva101 wrote: »
    i was hoping that the sims 4 toddlers stuff would be on Origin but apparently its not on there??????

Hello
    The Toddler stuff pack has now been released, and you can purchase it from Origin :)
  • Options
    JaspingoJaspingo Posts: 30 Member
    Does anyone know when cats and dogs might go on sale? Origin put the price up on expansion packs because of something to do with the sterling dropping so it's an extra £5
  • Options
    gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Anyone know when the next sale might be? I got my computer working, but of course the sale is over. I bought 50 dollars worth of cash cards...
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I always get them on their release day (only the Bowling SP came a bit later for me), so I never take advantage of sales. I'll have my eyes open for the next sale, though, maybe a few of my friends (who are also Simmers) will want to buy some stuff, as they don't own all the EPs, GPs and SPs.
  • Options
    gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Anyone have promo codes?
  • Options
    RadioAChickenRadioAChicken Posts: 163 Member
    edited August 2017
    524julie wrote: »
    And after going through all the different packs available I see that I can just get Origin Access for a year for just over the current price of Sims 4, and have that game plus the Sim City games to play. Though I don't know what happens after the year is up and I decide I don't want to pay for Access again. What happens to my game then? Decisions, decisions!
    If you purchase an Access subscription but do not buy the game you can play those games for the duration of your subscription but as soon as it ends you won't have access to those games any more. If you want to keep the games you will need to purchase them. I would suggest doing this while still subscribed as you'll get a discount on the purchase price.

Your game saves will still be on your computer if you decide to resubscribe or purchase the game later.

iscQh5U.png
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    The only thing I don't own is Spooky Stuff, and I'll just wait for another sale. I'll just wait until it goes on sale, although money hungry EA could have just put the content in the Celebration pack.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!