Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Too bad we have no seasons...

I just saw the toddler stuff trailer, which I'm not thrilled about, mostly cause I think it's unnecessary to have a SP for them, since all these stuff would have made sense in previous SPs like backyard stuff. Anyhow, it's a shame we have no seasons, cause CAS in this SP seems to be very spring related , considering we get bee costumes and other cute animal outfits. Also the objects would be much more fun with seasons, and bigger worlds or just another world , you know, to fit in all the stuff
21mbz47.jpg

Comments

• Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    I just saw the toddler stuff trailer, which I'm not thrilled about, mostly cause I think it's unnecessary to have a SP for them, since all these stuff would have made sense in previous SPs like backyard stuff. Anyhow, it's a shame we have no seasons, cause CAS in this SP seems to be very spring related , considering we get bee costumes and other cute animal outfits. Also the objects would be much more fun with seasons, and bigger worlds or just another world , you know, to fit in all the stuff

How would toddler items fit into backyard stuff when toddlers weren't even out then?

If toddlers were out when that was released then it would have made sense to put some of these new items in that pack.... Is what shes saying and i agree. We'd all save the 10$. I bet everything in this new pack would have had a place in a previous pack.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    edited August 2017

How would toddler items fit into backyard stuff when toddlers weren't even out then?

That's exactly my point. Paying for SPs to make up for the missing toddler stuff, cause they were missing for two years.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Remember the argument "should toddlers be in a free patch or a pack?"
    Looks like we are paying for them ;)
  • Options
    doedeardoedear Posts: 303 Member
    surraaaaaa wrote: »

this pack is optional though

• Options
    FloppyFishFloppyFish Posts: 3,881 Member
    #itmustbeahint
    Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 14 | Games Won: 8 | Games Lost: 6
    Times Town: 9 | Times Mafia: 2 | Times 3rd: 2
    Town Wins: 6 | Mafia Wins: 1 | 3rd Wins: 1
    Deaths: 8

• Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    edited August 2017
    Hm. I kind of see what you're saying, but at the same time I'm not mad at this stuff pack. There's a few hairs, clothing choices, two new animated gameplay objects (slide and ball pit. And yes the ball pit kinda looks horrible. But that's beside the point), one sort of recycled animation object but still looks different (the play ground piece with the tunnels), plus a new event/party with the play dates. I guess another recycled animation piece with the giant tree shaped doll house. So all in all, a decent amount of content for a stuff pack. If toddlers had been in the base, and content for them added into other stuff packs like backyard stuff, I'd bet we wouldn't have gotten as many toddler specific items. Don't get me wrong, I'd obviously prefer more free content or just more for less in general but... I'm still ok with what this SP has to offer. I might wait for a sale because I no longer like to pay full price for this game. But I'll certainly get it

Edited to add: but yeah. We do need Seasons. Sigh
  • Options
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »
    Hm. I kind of see what you're saying, but at the same time I'm not mad at this stuff pack. There's a few hairs, clothing choices, two new animated gameplay objects (slide and ball pit. And yes the ball pit kinda looks horrible. But that's beside the point), one sort of recycled animation object but still looks different (the play ground piece with the tunnels), plus a new event/party with the play dates. I guess another recycled animation piece with the giant tree shaped doll house. So all in all, a decent amount of content for a stuff pack. If toddlers had been in the base, and content for them added into other stuff packs like backyard stuff, I'd bet we wouldn't have gotten as many toddler specific items. Don't get me wrong, I'd obviously prefer more free content or just more for less in general but... I'm still ok with what this SP has to offer. I might wait for a sale because I no longer like to pay full price for this game. But I'll certainly get it

The ball pit looks like a bowl of cereals and milk lol
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    hannashavenhannashaven Posts: 81 Member
    I mean, I'm really looking forward to the pack, but I would love seasons. Hopefully it's in the works for sometime soon.
    Twitch: casuallywillow
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    @Orchid13 Lol! That's the perfect description. It really does look just... soooo bad!
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member

Yeah I'm not liking the look of the ball pit either its low quality reminds me of the bird feeder when you zoom in up close but this is much worse because of the items size its glaring obvious. Beyond clothing and hair I cant say we have really missed much toddler stuff in stuff packs as the themes have never been toddler friendly other than Backyard and Spooky stuff which easily could have give them something Halloween just around the corner will toddlers even have a costume this year.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I'm sorry but I don't really agree. Let's be fair and just say that toddlers weren't added until early this year. So would this pack even exist if we'd gotten toddlers in the beginning? That's really anyones guess but it's irrelevant because toddlers were not in the game at launch and were in fact added this year. Some of these items could have been added in previous packs, yes but again there was no need to especially since toddlers didn't even exist for TS4. Don't get me wrong I am all for having seasons in my game in fact I'm just hoping that we get it next year. I personally think the superhero cape outfit and the bumble bee outfit would've worked better in Spooky Stuff had we had toddlers back then. As far as the objects go I don't really see the connection between them and Seasons. To me it's more about outdoor play.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    angelchromeangelchrome Posts: 421 Member
    Anyhow, it's a shame we have no seasons, cause CAS in this SP seems to be very spring related...
    If the sweaters, coats and jackets in CAS haven't already driven you mad then you'll survive the Toddler SP ;)
    BTW, +1 for Seasons
    It certainly seems done on the cheap.
    Wonder why they didn't use water and make it a kiddie pool?
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Anyhow, it's a shame we have no seasons, cause CAS in this SP seems to be very spring related...
    If the sweaters, coats and jackets in CAS haven't already driven you mad then you'll survive the Toddler SP ;)
    BTW, +1 for Seasons

lol, yes, if no one is bothered for the outerwear catagory that's been there for two years I don't see a springy toddler pack being much bother.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    @Orchid13 Lol! That's the perfect description. It really does look just... soooo bad!

Lol that was my thought when I saw the trailer haha
    ChadSims2 wrote: »

Yeah I'm not liking the look of the ball pit either its low quality reminds me of the bird feeder when you zoom in up close but this is much worse because of the items size its glaring obvious. Beyond clothing and hair I cant say we have really missed much toddler stuff in stuff packs as the themes have never been toddler friendly other than Backyard and Spooky stuff which easily could have give them something Halloween just around the corner will toddlers even have a costume this year.

Maybe they will consider the toddler sp outfits useful for Halloween costumes
    BTW, +1 for Seasons

Haha I don't know but the bee outfit just instantly makes me think of seasons
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    BTW, +1 for Seasons

I wonder if its to late for maxis to change it to a kiddie pool....
  • Options
    CrueltivityCrueltivity Posts: 161 Member
    A pool would've been better than that giant froot loops bowl
  • Options
    A pool would've been better than that giant froot loops bowl

Gooey fruit loops bowl
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    I kinda like they're not waiting for Seasons for bringing seasonal stuff. This way the packs will feel more integrated once we get them all.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    whyaccesswhyaccess Posts: 182 Member
    I think that having seasons in the game would make the game feel more life like, the toddler stuff is fine. The game was set up around emotions, but real things in life, like changing weather would be at least one thing that seems to be missing. It might make the game feel a little more complete.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member

It may be unnecessary to you however I disagree.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    Simmer_ThemisSimmer_Themis Posts: 6 New Member
    I think this issue just goes back to what I've seen people talking about on social media: All of these new releases are all releasing content piece by piece. While I don't know anything about game development, so I am speaking with a laymen's lens, but I find the idea of a "Toddler's SP" could have come with another pack. I will admit that I am excited for the new hairband clothes (especially the hairs because I have been looking for more diversity in the game and this is another good step toward diversity in the game), but I feel like there's something missing. It's almost as if it's not enough and perhaps it has to do with the fact that it's only an SP, but I have to agree that Seasons would have fit well with this pack. I'm just saying :P
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited August 2017

If toddlers were out when that was released then it would have made sense to put some of these new items in that pack.... Is what shes saying and i agree. We'd all save the 10$. I bet everything in this new pack would have had a place in a previous pack.

You could say that for just about anything created for the game. So should EA just stop making packs because you believe it should have been in an older one? I think that's being unreasonable. They are a business and the goal is to make money.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

No, we're getting what most of us wanted: Free toddlers, with paid content for them to follow.