Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which EP should I buy?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    @plushtrap_107 also be aware that uni has flaws. Sometimes you can complete uni and it won't give your sim a degree. You have to use mods to fix it
  • Options
    RsandaRsanda Posts: 257 Member
    @plushtrap_107 also be aware that uni has flaws. Sometimes you can complete uni and it won't give your sim a degree. You have to use mods to fix it
    I think that happens mostly (at least in my case) because a lot of sims try to go the rabbithole, which the graduation ceremony happens inside, at the exact same time. I had this happened before and my sim couldn't enter the ceremony before it ended so she didn't got her degree and also didn't give the extra trait too. I reloaded and made my sim wait for the ceremony in the morning so she got inside first and the problem got solved :D
    Not a native English speaker. Sorry for any mistakes
  • Options
    Faerie197Faerie197 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Don't forget death by Keg Stand accident. Putting one's head through a juice keg must really hurt.
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • Options
    1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    Uni has two hiccups: traveling and graduation. Save before graduation and save before going/coming home. Sometimes you get stuck in a loop trying to get back home, and you can get in a traffic jam at graduation that messes up getting your framed degree and/or extra trait slot. But there are tips on the forums and elsewhere to avoid the graduation jam and NRAAS Traveler reduces the problems with arriving at and leaving Uni.

Going back for a 2nd or 3rd degree is also quirky. Apparently teaching is beneath the dignity of any full time professor, and the game pulls from the upper level students to pick a TA. Everyone from your first round of college has graduated and there are no new TAs to teach the classes. You can still learn and get a new degree with an invisible instructor, or as @phoebebebe13 said, you can use mods to assign a new TA.

I, personally, don't find any of this to be game breaking. There are far worse bugs with other expansions. I love Uni. Showtime is not my cup of tea, and Seasons requires NRAAS Tempest to regulate the weather for a more playable game or I end up turning off all the weather. I do like to see the sun once in a while. ;)
  • Options
    plushtrap_107plushtrap_107 Posts: 1,435 Member
    edited August 2017
    @Teslachick2 and @Faerie197, thanks for the warnings! I shall take extra care of my Sims in such situations ;)

@phoebebebe13, @berginon and @1need4kaffee, thanks guys! I'll make sure to save before graduation or/and download the needed mods :) I believe Late Night was the EP that made me need many healing mods (I'm looking at you Sims, all stuck outside the lifts :p )
  • Options
    1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    Faerie197 wrote: »
    Don't forget death by Keg Stand accident. Putting one's head through a juice keg must really hurt.

I don't believe I have ever seen anyone die from a keg stand. Is this a real possibility?? :o
  • Options
    Faerie197Faerie197 Posts: 1,077 Member
    I've heard of it, and remember seeing a video depicting it. But can't find any documentation. Just "Blunt force trauma" and "ranting".
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • Options
    LilyPeonyLilyPeony Posts: 47 Member
    I only have the University EP so I can only vouch for this one but I think it's a really good one! I think it allows you to get extra career paths as well
  • Options
    plushtrap_107plushtrap_107 Posts: 1,435 Member
    @CamLS92, thanks :) I will ger University when I next have spare money! I hope my Sims like it ;)