Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

D.N.A. Request Team - Designing Nature & Architecture Just for You!

Comments

• Options
    sport0714sport0714 Posts: 142 Member
    Just thought someone would want to know that, at least for me, the links in ZOO U's Course 1, "Building a Farm", don't work. I was pretty excited too see it. Does anyone possibly have the correct links?
  • Options
    AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member
    sashraf wrote: »
    @AIRIS6962, What a wonderful victorian!

@illusie, your sim is beautiful!

@suepea, Well deserved, congrats!

Thank you very much, dear She! :kissing_heart:

sport0714 wrote: »
    @AIRIS6962 , that's really beautiful

Thank you very much, dear! :smiley:

Just thought someone would want to know that, at least for me, the links in ZOO U's Course 1, "Building a Farm", don't work. I was pretty excited too see it. Does anyone possibly have the correct links?

Thank you very much for letting us to know, dear! ZOO U´s Courses are just amazing and I´m sure that our wonderful Secretary will fix the link asap.
  • Options
    soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member

@sport0714 and @AIRIS6962 , I think fixing links to the Zoo U Courses will be very challenging with all the broken forum links and Photobucket's new restrictions. I tried following some links and it just circles back. Anyway I did a search for the "Building a Farm" and found this one. Unfortunately no pics...

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/7440794/#Comment_7440794
  • Options
    simlover19simlover19 Posts: 31 Member
    Username:simlover
    Preferred creator: illusie
    Sims 3 or Sims 4: Sims 4
    Name desired house sims 2
    Link to reference pics (optional):
    Is communication required before the creator begins work?
    Additional instructions? no and thanks again =)
  • Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    soocoolsim wrote: »
    @sport0714 and @AIRIS6962 , I think fixing links to the Zoo U Courses will be very challenging with all the broken forum links and Photobucket's new restrictions. I tried following some links and it just circles back. Anyway I did a search for the "Building a Farm" and found this one. Unfortunately no pics...

I've been able to google some of the tutorials with broken pictures and find archived pictures, I suppose if someone was up to the task they could find the only source links and replace the broken pictures. It would be a lot of work, but it's a shame to have all that great advice go to waste as there are new people stumbling across it even now. I learned so much from those tutorials when I was first starting in 3.
  • Options
    illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    @simlover19, your request for the sims 2 couple is ready!

Meet Jane and Joe Sim! Based on the sims 2 tutorial sims.

08-10-17-8-35-45-pm_orig.png

Download Link
    More Pictures

• Options
    edited August 2017
    All sims 4 requests are claimed, and since I only built for the sims 4 I'll go ahead and claim our latest sims 4 request.
    Madam Secretary, I'd like to claim:

Username:@simlover
    Type of build (Modern, Traditional, Victorian, Gothic, etc. or leave blank): House from the sims 2 Tutorial part 2.
    Which EPs and SPs do you have? parenthood and bowling night and vintage glamour
    Name desired house: Sims 2
  • Options
  • Options
    Anua92Anua92 Posts: 269 Member
    @The_Dismal_Scientist Thank you so much! I replied to your message, I'm sorry it took me a few days
  • Options
    DNARequestTeamDNARequestTeam Posts: 5,926 Member
    Madame secretary, I would like to claim this request.

Date: August 8, 2017
    Username: Anua92
    Page: here
    Type: Residential Lot
    Description: Modern Victorian/Gothic Home for Windenburg or Forgotten Hollow, Sims 4
    Preferred Creator:
    Claimed By:

Thank you, and congrats on your first claim! Have fun!! :)
    SLpPUp.png
  • Options

Thank you! I had updated them once, but with all the recent changes, yowza....there's still work to be done! I'll be adjusting the links and will do my best to see if I can contact many of the authors for pic updates. Sorry for the trouble!
    SLpPUp.png
  • Options
    illusie wrote: »
    All sims 4 requests are claimed, and since I only built for the sims 4 I'll go ahead and claim our latest sims 4 request.
    Madam Secretary, I'd like to claim:

Username:@simlover
    Type of build (Modern, Traditional, Victorian, Gothic, etc. or leave blank): House from the sims 2 Tutorial part 2.
    Which EPs and SPs do you have? parenthood and bowling night and vintage glamour
    Name desired house: Sims 2

Thank you! :)
    SLpPUp.png
  • Options
    Our thread is up to date.
    SLpPUp.png
  • Options
    ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member

I just discovered that NONE of the old links seem to be working. They take you to some generic forum page. Even after they transferred the threads to the new forum from the old Sims 3 forums they all worked. Now Photobucket has gone insane and wants to charge me almost $500 to show my photos on this site, so I was going to get a different hosting site and just replace all the photos in the courses (a lot of work, but I can do that for the courses that I taught myself) BUT that is when I discovered the links don't work.

Has anyone else found that threads that were moved from the old forums are not working? I don't know if they are fixing this or if this is just broken and no one is working on it or what. It is VERY upsetting! There were a lot of classes taught by guest professors that I would like to go back and view again and they are just unavailable.

Zoo
    oow785m
  • Options
    soocoolsim wrote: »

Even this is a help! I will search on my computer to see if I still have those photos and if I do I can get a new photo hosting site that isn't insanely expensive to use to replace them.

Unfortunately, this is ONE course.

Does anyone know if there is any movement on fixing broken forum links??
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    @ZooProfessor3, the working Zoo U course links are in our announcements.
  • Options
    P.S. With Photobucket being pretty useless now, what photo hosting site is everyone using?
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Zoo, for my pictures I just use my weebly account, which I use to make a story about my sims. I think you could use a wordpress account as well.
  • Options
    @soocoolsim, thank you for the compliments on my sim!
  • Options
    AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member

@illusie , your sims looks amazing! Great work, dear! <3

@ZooProfessor3 , I use the pics from my blog and Google Photos for albums, they are free with your google account.
    It´s really very upseting, because all the work and amazing content lost right now. Why don´t you post them in a blog? I´m not sure they are fixing links for a long time.
  • Options
    @AIRIS6962, thank you.
  • Options

@ZooProfessor3 , if this is of any help... you should still be able to retrieve and download your photos from Photobucket. I went through this exercise for my showcase and was able to download full albums at a time. If you don't want to wait while Photobucket creates a zip file, there is an option for you to be notified when the file is ready.

Yes, the main links to the courses on our DNA thread are intact, however unfortunately the critical links to each lesson within that course are the ones that are broken and circle back to the forum. Or maybe it's just me seeing this?
  • Options
    Yes they links in the threads don't work, but at least you can still find the courses if you browse each thread.
  • Options
    AuronoiChieftainAuronoiChieftain Posts: 362 Member
    Madame Secretary, just to let you know I've updated my request.
  • Options
    sashrafsashraf Posts: 2,960 Member

coolxman... Your new home is finished!
    I hope you enjoy it. :) :

The Legacy Villa

A large 5 bedroom, 6 bath home, Features open concept living and dining, formal dining room, formal living room, family room, office, gym with lap pool, game room, bonus room, skill areas, master bedroom with walk in closets and bath. Exterior features pool, play area, garden, outdoor kitchen and more!

Gallery Link

More Pictures

OnyPvc.png
    pdx59y.png