Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is this laptop fine for The Sims 4?

It's the LENOVO IDEAPAD 510-15IKB 80SV00K5MH.

Specs:
-Intel Core i5 7200U
-8 GB Ram
-NVIDIA GeForce 940MX (4 GB)
-256 GB SSD Storage
-1080p Display

The price is €699, which is about $750.

Demands:
I want to be able to play the game on medium to high settings and I want laptop mode turned off. I hope to get around 30 fps. It would be nice if it would be possible that when I have screenrecord on, that it's still 30 fps. But this is not a must.

Let me all know what you think!
Not so obsessed anymore with building in TS4!
YouTube: https://goo.gl/PK7vxR | The Gallery: https://goo.gl/a5DZAK
Twitter: https://goo.gl/QzQVUK | Origin-ID: SimmerNickYT
hPtVNfA.png

Comments

• Options
    WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    Your processor is, to be honest, horrible and with that harddrive this laptop is not worth it.

Whats your highest budget and country?
  • Options
    SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member
    Your processor is, to be honest, horrible and with that harddrive this laptop is not worth it.

Too bad then.
    My country is The Netherlands and my highest budget is €800.
    hPtVNfA.png
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    I think you could find a better laptop than what you posted with that budget.

@phoebebebe13
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    Sorry but no, it's not that good for the Sims 4.

Here's a link to the recommended requirements that the Sims 4 has. You can use this as a guide when you are searching for a new computer :)

pcgamer.com/the-sims-4-recommended-system-requirements-revealed-hope-you-have-a-core-i5/
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    I think you could find a better laptop than what you posted with that budget.

@phoebebebe13

I don't know where to buy computers in the Netherlands Sorry
  • Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    edited July 2017
    NickSims wrote: »

Too bad then.

Hi these are the lowest in price you will most likely get in the Netherlands for a gaming laptop
    https://gamepc.nl/zelf-samenstellen/raider-15-info.html
    https://www.laptopshop.nl/product/771623/category-185390/lenovo-legion-y520-15-80wk004smh.html
    Things to consider when buying something that will play the game well,
    Cpu intel core i5 7300HQ or 7440HQ
    Or core i7 7700HQ OR 6700HQ
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 960, 1050, 1050TI, 1060
    if the laptop has a SSD make sure it has a 1TB HDD also.

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member

Too bad then.

Hi these are the lowest in price you will most likely get in the Netherlands for a gaming laptop
    https://www.laptopshop.nl/product/771623/category-185390/lenovo-legion-y520-15-80wk004smh.html

Thanks!
    hPtVNfA.png
  • Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member

Too bad then.

Thanks!

You're welcome
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    Glafie_22Glafie_22 Posts: 8 New Member
    Will this run the sims 4 on ultra smoothly on 1080p?

-Intel Core i7 6th Gen 6700HQ (2.60 GHz)
    -GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB
    -16 GB Memory 1 TB HDD 128 GB SSD
  • Options
    Glafie_22 wrote: »
    Will this run the sims 4 on ultra smoothly on 1080p?

-Intel Core i7 6th Gen 6700HQ (2.60 GHz)
    -GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB
    -16 GB Memory 1 TB HDD 128 GB SSD

It should but you will have to put the game on the second hard drive and redirect your documents folder to the second hard drive. The first hard drive ( c drive) is only 128 gb and is needed for windows and other programs. It's not enough to game on
  • Options
    > @phoebebebe13 said:
    > Glafie_22 wrote: »
    >
    > Will this run the sims 4 on ultra smoothly on 1080p?
    >
    >
    > -Intel Core i7 6th Gen 6700HQ (2.60 GHz)
    > -GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB
    > -16 GB Memory 1 TB HDD 128 GB SSD
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It should but you will have to put the game on the second hard drive and redirect your documents folder to the second hard drive. The first hard drive ( c drive) is only 128 gb and is needed for windows and other programs. It's not enough to game on

Thanks but im planning to upgrade my ssd card, will that make any difference?
  • Options
    DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    > @phoebebebe13 said:
    >
    >
    >
    > -GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It should but you will have to put the game on the second hard drive and redirect your documents folder to the second hard drive. The first hard drive ( c drive) is only 128 gb and is needed for windows and other programs. It's not enough to game on

Yes, a larger SSD would be good. I'd aim for at least 500GB SSD. Anything smaller would be a hassle and/or not recommended for gaming use.
  • Options
    > @phoebebebe13 said:
    >
    >
    >
    > -GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB
    >
    >
    >
    >

you would need 500 gb to game on. Is your laptop under warranty? If it is you can't change anything in the laptop. If your buying new and it's custom I would do a 500 gb ssd on c drive
  • Options
    > @phoebebebe13 said:
    >
    > > @phoebebebe13 said:
    > > Glafie_22 wrote: »
    > >
    > > Will this run the sims 4 on ultra smoothly on 1080p?
    > >
    > >
    > > -Intel Core i7 6th Gen 6700HQ (2.60 GHz)
    > > -GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB
    > > -16 GB Memory 1 TB HDD 128 GB SSD
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > It should but you will have to put the game on the second hard drive and redirect your documents folder to the second hard drive. The first hard drive ( c drive) is only 128 gb and is needed for windows and other programs. It's not enough to game on
    >
    > Thanks but im planning to upgrade my ssd card, will that make any difference?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > you would need 500 gb to game on. Is your laptop under warranty? If it is you can't change anything in the laptop. If your buying new and it's custom I would do a 500 gb ssd on c drive

I'm going to buy it new, but i can't seem to find a laptop that has a 500 gb of ssd with the same specs.
  • Options
    > @phoebebebe13 said:
    >
    > > @phoebebebe13 said:
    > >
    > > Will this run the sims 4 on ultra smoothly on 1080p?
    > >
    > >
    > > -Intel Core i7 6th Gen 6700HQ (2.60 GHz)
    > > -GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB
    > > -16 GB Memory 1 TB HDD 128 GB SSD
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > It should but you will have to put the game on the second hard drive and redirect your documents folder to the second hard drive. The first hard drive ( c drive) is only 128 gb and is needed for windows and other programs. It's not enough to game on
    >
    > Thanks but im planning to upgrade my ssd card, will that make any difference?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > you would need 500 gb to game on. Is your laptop under warranty? If it is you can't change anything in the laptop. If your buying new and it's custom I would do a 500 gb ssd on c drive

I'm going to buy it new, but i can't seem to find a laptop that has a 500 gb of ssd with the same specs.

Not unless it's a custom laptop or one with higher specs will you get one with a 500 gb ssd. They don't make the 900 series cards anymore. Whatever you find with 900 series cards are leftovers. Nvidia is now on 1000 series.

You won't be able to change out your hard drives if you buy the laptop new and it's under warranty. That would be a pain anyway becsue you would have to reinstall windows. The sims 4 does not befit from SSD. If your playing the sims 3 it would be worth it to have a 500 gb ssd.

• Options
    > @phoebebebe13 said:
    >
    > > @phoebebebe13 said:
    > >
    > > > @phoebebebe13 said:
    > > > Glafie_22 wrote: »
    > > >
    > > > Will this run the sims 4 on ultra smoothly on 1080p?
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > -Intel Core i7 6th Gen 6700HQ (2.60 GHz)
    > > > -GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB
    > > > -16 GB Memory 1 TB HDD 128 GB SSD
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > It should but you will have to put the game on the second hard drive and redirect your documents folder to the second hard drive. The first hard drive ( c drive) is only 128 gb and is needed for windows and other programs. It's not enough to game on
    > >
    > > Thanks but im planning to upgrade my ssd card, will that make any difference?
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > you would need 500 gb to game on. Is your laptop under warranty? If it is you can't change anything in the laptop. If your buying new and it's custom I would do a 500 gb ssd on c drive
    >
    >
    > I'm going to buy it new, but i can't seem to find a laptop that has a 500 gb of ssd with the same specs.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Not unless it's a custom laptop or one with higher specs will you get one with a 500 gb ssd. They don't make the 900 series cards anymore. Whatever you find with 900 series cards are leftovers. Nvidia is now on 1000 series.
    >
    > You won't be able to change out your hard drives if you buy the laptop new and it's under warranty. That would be a pain anyway becsue you would have to reinstall windows. The sims 4 does not befit from SSD. If your playing the sims 3 it would be worth it to have a 500 gb ssd.

ok so i'm not really intrested in the sims 3, i just want to play ts4 well with some of the additions, so does it really matter if i don't upgrade? PS if it does matter then can you recommend something that has a 500gb ssd card that can play the sims 4 my budget is anout $1000 usd.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    > @phoebebebe13 said:
    >
    > > @phoebebebe13 said:
    > >
    > > >
    > > > Will this run the sims 4 on ultra smoothly on 1080p?
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > -Intel Core i7 6th Gen 6700HQ (2.60 GHz)
    > > > -GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB
    > > > -16 GB Memory 1 TB HDD 128 GB SSD
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > It should but you will have to put the game on the second hard drive and redirect your documents folder to the second hard drive. The first hard drive ( c drive) is only 128 gb and is needed for windows and other programs. It's not enough to game on
    > >
    > > Thanks but im planning to upgrade my ssd card, will that make any difference?
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > you would need 500 gb to game on. Is your laptop under warranty? If it is you can't change anything in the laptop. If your buying new and it's custom I would do a 500 gb ssd on c drive
    >
    >
    > I'm going to buy it new, but i can't seem to find a laptop that has a 500 gb of ssd with the same specs.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Not unless it's a custom laptop or one with higher specs will you get one with a 500 gb ssd. They don't make the 900 series cards anymore. Whatever you find with 900 series cards are leftovers. Nvidia is now on 1000 series.
    >
    > You won't be able to change out your hard drives if you buy the laptop new and it's under warranty. That would be a pain anyway becsue you would have to reinstall windows. The sims 4 does not befit from SSD. If your playing the sims 3 it would be worth it to have a 500 gb ssd.

ok so i'm not really intrested in the sims 3, i just want to play ts4 well with some of the additions, so does it really matter if i don't upgrade? PS if it does matter then can you recommend something that has a 500gb ssd card that can play the sims 4 my budget is anout $1000 usd.

you don't need a 500gb ssd if your only playing the sims 4. The sims 4 will not benefit from an ssd. SSD do cost more than an hdd hard drive. You will be fine with a small ssd on c drive and an hdd on d drive. If you don't want to custom install the game than I suggest getting a laptop with only 1 hdd hard drive

This has a newer video card 1050 ti and only one hard drive should you not want to custom install the game on a second hard drive https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834154524&cm_re=1050_ti_laptop-_-34-154-524-_-Product
  • Options
    > @phoebebebe13 said:
    >
    > > @phoebebebe13 said:
    > >
    > > >
    > > > > @phoebebebe13 said:
    > > > > Glafie_22 wrote: »
    > > > >
    > > > > Will this run the sims 4 on ultra smoothly on 1080p?
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > > -Intel Core i7 6th Gen 6700HQ (2.60 GHz)
    > > > > -GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB
    > > > > -16 GB Memory 1 TB HDD 128 GB SSD
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > > It should but you will have to put the game on the second hard drive and redirect your documents folder to the second hard drive. The first hard drive ( c drive) is only 128 gb and is needed for windows and other programs. It's not enough to game on
    > > >
    > > > Thanks but im planning to upgrade my ssd card, will that make any difference?
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > you would need 500 gb to game on. Is your laptop under warranty? If it is you can't change anything in the laptop. If your buying new and it's custom I would do a 500 gb ssd on c drive
    > >
    > >
    > > I'm going to buy it new, but i can't seem to find a laptop that has a 500 gb of ssd with the same specs.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Not unless it's a custom laptop or one with higher specs will you get one with a 500 gb ssd. They don't make the 900 series cards anymore. Whatever you find with 900 series cards are leftovers. Nvidia is now on 1000 series.
    > >
    > > You won't be able to change out your hard drives if you buy the laptop new and it's under warranty. That would be a pain anyway becsue you would have to reinstall windows. The sims 4 does not befit from SSD. If your playing the sims 3 it would be worth it to have a 500 gb ssd.
    >
    > ok so i'm not really intrested in the sims 3, i just want to play ts4 well with some of the additions, so does it really matter if i don't upgrade? PS if it does matter then can you recommend something that has a 500gb ssd card that can play the sims 4 my budget is anout $1000 usd.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > you don't need a 500gb ssd if your only playing the sims 4. The sims 4 will not benefit from an ssd. SSD do cost more than an hdd hard drive. You will be fine with a small ssd on c drive and an hdd on d drive. If you don't want to custom install the game than I suggest getting a laptop with only 1 hdd hard drive
    >
    > This has a newer video card 1050 ti and only one hard drive should you not want to custom install the game on a second hard drive https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834154524&cm_re=1050_ti_laptop-_-34-154-524-_-Product
  • Options
    > @phoebebebe13 said:
    >
    > > @phoebebebe13 said:
    > >
    > > >
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > > It should but you will have to put the game on the second hard drive and redirect your documents folder to the second hard drive. The first hard drive ( c drive) is only 128 gb and is needed for windows and other programs. It's not enough to game on
    > > >
    > > > Thanks but im planning to upgrade my ssd card, will that make any difference?
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > you would need 500 gb to game on. Is your laptop under warranty? If it is you can't change anything in the laptop. If your buying new and it's custom I would do a 500 gb ssd on c drive
    > >
    > >
    > > I'm going to buy it new, but i can't seem to find a laptop that has a 500 gb of ssd with the same specs.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Not unless it's a custom laptop or one with higher specs will you get one with a 500 gb ssd. They don't make the 900 series cards anymore. Whatever you find with 900 series cards are leftovers. Nvidia is now on 1000 series.
    > >
    > > You won't be able to change out your hard drives if you buy the laptop new and it's under warranty. That would be a pain anyway becsue you would have to reinstall windows. The sims 4 does not befit from SSD. If your playing the sims 3 it would be worth it to have a 500 gb ssd.
    >
    > ok so i'm not really intrested in the sims 3, i just want to play ts4 well with some of the additions, so does it really matter if i don't upgrade? PS if it does matter then can you recommend something that has a 500gb ssd card that can play the sims 4 my budget is anout $1000 usd.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > you don't need a 500gb ssd if your only playing the sims 4. The sims 4 will not benefit from an ssd. SSD do cost more than an hdd hard drive. You will be fine with a small ssd on c drive and an hdd on d drive. If you don't want to custom install the game than I suggest getting a laptop with only 1 hdd hard drive
    >
    > This has a newer video card 1050 ti and only one hard drive should you not want to custom install the game on a second hard drive https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834154524&cm_re=1050_ti_laptop-_-34-154-524-_-Product

thank you so much for helping me im getting my laptop this friday, and i hope it can run the sims well
  • Options
    > @phoebebebe13 said:
    >
    > > @phoebebebe13 said:
    > >
    > > >
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

thank you so much for helping me im getting my laptop this friday, and i hope it can run the sims well

your very welcome. It should run the game on ultra. It meets recommended requirements
  • Options
    > @phoebebebe13 said:
    >
    > > @phoebebebe13 said:
    > >
    > > >
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

thank you so much for helping me, i will buy the laptop this friday i hope it will run the sims 4 well.
  • Options
    Jcastor07Jcastor07 Posts: 3 New Member
    Hey how did the laptop do??? I'm currently looking for a laptop of your description. Wanting to add cc and play on high setting
  • Options
    Jcastor07 wrote: »
    Hey how did the laptop do??? I'm currently looking for a laptop of your description. Wanting to add cc and play on high setting

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834154524&cm_re=1050_ti_laptop-_-34-154-524-_-Product
  • Options
    qwertyuiop1234qwertyuiop1234 Posts: 1 New Member
    I have an rca cambio 2 in 1 it has windows 10. Could I run sims 4 on this?
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    I have an rca cambio 2 in 1 it has windows 10. Could I run sims 4 on this?

Unfortunately no. It does not meet requirements to run the game