Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 for Nintendo Switch

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    epic0440 wrote: »
    If not a Sims 4 port for switch at least a port of my sims from the Wii. I loved that game. :)

do they still make games for wii?

i wish they still made games for ps3 :'(
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    Garchap962Garchap962 Posts: 1 New Member
    When is the Sims coming to Nintendo switch
  • Options
    SimsayCDSimsayCD Posts: 95 Member
    Gosh I would love to have TS4 on the Switch. Being able to play it portably would be a dream come true. I don't think the system would have any problems running its own port of the game since its proved to be a pretty powerful handheld with games like Zelda BoTW and Skyrim, but I can see the SD card storage being an issue.
  • Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    This would make me very happy. I got my Switch for Christmas and I am very bored with only 2 games to play on it. If TS4 came to Switch I would buy the game and a memory card the same day. The Switch IS considered a hybrid device so I don't see why TS4 can't be played on it.
  • Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    If it doesn't come to Switch by my birthday in September, I'll play it on a PS4.
  • Options
    the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    If it doesn't come to Switch by my birthday in September, I'll play it on a PS4.

At the moment, I have lost hope that it'll come to the Switch. However I still really want it to come.

In my opinion, I think The Sims 4 is more suitable for the Switch than it is for the Xbox or PS4. Why would I buy the same game so that I can play it on my TV, when I already have it on my PC (which is in the same room)... With the Switch, not only can I play it on my TV, but I could also take it anywhere I want, giving me an actual reason to buy the same game again!
  • Options
    edited February 2018

At the moment, I have lost hope that it'll come to the Switch. However I still really want it to come.

In my opinion, I think The Sims 4 is more suitable for the Switch than it is for the Xbox or PS4. Why would I buy the same game so that I can play it on my TV, when I already have it on my PC (which is in the same room)... With the Switch, not only can I play it on my TV, but I could also take it anywhere I want, giving me an actual reason to buy the same game again!

It seems EA feel diffently. I feel its very suitable for ps4/ps4 pro.
    not sure about Xbox because my gaming as always been PC and PlayStation.

It looks just the same on PlayStation 4 pro as PC.

If it was not for the fact of no gallery, or cc, mods. I would think I was playing it on PC still.

Sorry its not on switch, but does not mean its more suitable for switch than ps4/Xbox.

Agree to disagree.

• Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited February 2018
    You do realize that if it ever did come to the Nintendo Switch you would need a SD card.
    marcel21 wrote: »

If it was not for the fact of no gallery, or cc, mods. I would think I was playing it on PC still.

Sorry its not on switch, but does not mean its more suitable for switch than ps4/Xbox.

Agree to disagree.
    Agree only because it a hybrid system and more then likely they wouldn't optimize it good enough to run in Docked or Handheld. Without compromising how the game looks. I mean look at Doom it runs on the system but the graphics aren't like the Xbox One or the PS4 or even PC.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    You do realize that if it ever did come to the Nintendo Switch you would need a SD card.
    marcel21 wrote: »

Agree to disagree.
    Agree only because it a hybrid system and more then likely they wouldn't optimize it good enough to run in Docked or Handheld. Without compromising how the game looks. I mean look at Doom it runs on the system but the graphics aren't like the Xbox One or the PS4 or even PC.

I am looking at a game that was created for PC that looks the same. But on ps4,
    Yes it as issues just like the PC one can.
    And the controls are a issue for some people.
    And the CC and gallery issue
    But plays the same to me.
    Plus the dlc works the same as PC.

This game on ps4 is like playing the reguler game apart from those issues. Above.

I would Happily continue to build up my packs but this time on console. As it as the same pack and gameplay.
    I mean to me how can it not be suited when its almost completely the same game as it is on PC.

They did a great job this time. As we never got a proper PC version in the past. But now we have on ps4,Xbox.

Its not perfect. But better than the past console versions. That were nothing like the PC versions.

Post edited by marcel21 on

• Options
    2tcn2tcn Posts: 58 Member
    Hopefully they'll consider it later on. I'd really like to play a full fledged Sims game on the go.
  • Options
    HueyJefeHueyJefe Posts: 127 Member
    I don’t think this will ever happen unfortunately.
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited March 2018
    HueyJefe wrote: »
    I don’t think this will ever happen unfortunately.

Me either, my guess is due to the switch consoles system software its just easier to port it to Xbox One and PS4 then it would be to port it over to the switch. Just a guess tho, I'm not a developer so I could and most likely am completely wrong.
  • Options
    JJMaster1822JJMaster1822 Posts: 1 New Member
    E3 is right around the corner, we never know what’s in store. I’m really hoping for a Switch port.
  • Options
    xingyicaicnxingyicaicn Posts: 170 Member
    I’m always curious about whether the Nintendo Switch can handle a direct port like what we have today on PS4 and Xbox One. Maybe they will make a new game but using assets from TS4, like The Sims Mobile instead?
    H O P E H A S A P L A C E
  • Options
    FelizFeliz Posts: 65 Member
    > @xingyicaicn said:
    > I’m always curious about whether the Nintendo Switch can handle a direct port like what we have today on PS4 and Xbox One. Maybe they will make a new game but using assets from TS4, like The Sims Mobile instead?

I can’t see why Switch couldn’t handle the Sims 4. Have you seen what they have been able to port so far? Not to mention the capabilities of their news games.

I do tend to think it won’t happen though.
  • Options
    FreakAboutSimsFreakAboutSims Posts: 795 Member
    edited June 2018
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Doesn't the Switch have a 32GB limit?

No point releasing to a console where fans would have to spend literally hundreds of dollars to card big enough to store all the data.

The Sims used to sell the most on Nintendo, and was the Sims most popular secondary platform. But they would most likely have to create a custom version like Wii version and it's probably not worth it.

That's on the players, isn't it?
  • Options
    VMScofieldVMScofield Posts: 5 New Member
    Space really isn't a problem if you buy a physical copy and/or have a decent SD card. The Switch can definitely handle the graphics.

That said, even if it does come to the Switch I'll still keep my simming to the laptop (I've got 1-4 and Medieval installed).
  • Options
    JaySnowyJaySnowy Posts: 102 Member
    Sims 4 plz come..... :'( :'( but seriously plz come
  • Options
    Malijae40Malijae40 Posts: 1 New Member
    EA please bring this game to the Nintendo switch the sims 4 please I-i would play 10$ 20$ 30$ 40$ 50$ 60$ 70$ 80$ 90$ 100$ le even up please bring this game to the Nintendo switch I’m begging you this game is so cool pleeeeease
  • Options
    RionAgriasRionAgrias Posts: 305 Member
    Considering how the console handles ports, the game would wreck it.
  • Options
    IloveSims369IloveSims369 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @jackjack_k said:
    > Doesn't the Switch have a 32GB limit?
    >
    > No point releasing to a console where fans would have to spend literally hundreds of dollars to card big enough to store all the data.
    >
    > The Sims used to sell the most on Nintendo, and was the Sims most popular secondary platform. But they would most likely have to create a custom version like Wii version and it's probably not worth it.

Actually, they could use and x-box controller setup and tell you to use the controller configuration for the Nintendo switch, seeing as it would control almost the same for with how the joy-cons are set up.
  • Options
    GibbergibberGibbergibber Posts: 1 New Member
    I agree. The company should bring the sims into the switch. I myself am a sim lover and would be glad to have it on the NS. Also many people don't have a pc, xbox, or ps4. So, the sims4 on the switch would be great!