Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 for Nintendo Switch

So as many of you are probably aware of now, The Sims 4 will be coming to the Xbox One and PS4...

I'm actually quite disappointed that it's not coming to the Switch though, as surly that would be more appealing for players to play when they're away from home rather than in front of their TVs, where they could easily just play on their computers instead (as I'm sure that'll be the more superior version...)

I hope it's still possible for TS4 to eventually come to the Switch as that, personally, would be more enticing to spend £40 on a game I already own...

Comments

• FloppyFishFloppyFish Posts: 3,881 Member
    please developers, ADD SIMS 4 TO NINTENDO SWITCH!!
    Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 14 | Games Won: 8 | Games Lost: 6
    Times Town: 9 | Times Mafia: 2 | Times 3rd: 2
    Town Wins: 6 | Mafia Wins: 1 | 3rd Wins: 1
    Deaths: 8

• jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Doesn't the Switch have a 32GB limit?

No point releasing to a console where fans would have to spend literally hundreds of dollars to card big enough to store all the data.

The Sims used to sell the most on Nintendo, and was the Sims most popular secondary platform. But they would most likely have to create a custom version like Wii version and it's probably not worth it.
  • the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »

No point releasing to a console where fans would have to spend literally hundreds of dollars to card big enough to store all the data.

The Sims used to sell the most on Nintendo, and was the Sims most popular secondary platform. But they would most likely have to create a custom version like Wii version and it's probably not worth it.

Although the switch only has 32GB, according to XBOX One's Store the game only consumes 113.14MB, furthermore, the PC Version only requires 9-10GB, so I don't think space is much of an issue. I'm sure many Switch owners have also already bought an additional hard drive if they're preparing to download many games digitally as well.

Also, The Sims 4 is optimised for lower end computers, with PCs running Windows XP still being able to play the game, so surely the Switch will be able to handle a proper port similar to what Microsoft and Sony are getting.
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Well case closed then.
  • LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    Eyy I still have hope. I love my switch to bits. Though tbh id prefer an urbz/bustin out style of game for the switch! I loved those games on both ds and play station. Still boot up urbz some sundays!
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    I hate to say it, but I saw this coming. Everyone was so hyped for the Switch, and I never could understand (as a Nintendo fan myself). Third parties (including EA) pledged their support for the Wii U but then turned around. It's obvious they'll do the same for the Switch.

With that said, I don't really think anything of value is lost here for the Switch.
    OO2UdmJ.png
    BariSaxy wrote: »
    With that said, I don't really think anything of value is lost here for the Switch.

To be honest, I don't feel as if I'm missing out on much as by the looks of it, the console version is going to be a direct port, so seeing as I already have it for my MacBook, I'm not going to miss out on much - it's just the fact that the Switch really needs some third party support to show that porting games to The Switch is worthwhile.
    dansneller wrote: »

Although the switch only has 32GB, according to XBOX One's Store the game only consumes 113.14MB, furthermore, the PC Version only requires 9-10GB, so I don't think space is much of an issue. I'm sure many Switch owners have also already bought an additional hard drive if they're preparing to download many games digitally as well.

Also, The Sims 4 is optimised for lower end computers, with PCs running Windows XP still being able to play the game, so surely the Switch will be able to handle a proper port similar to what Microsoft and Sony are getting.

The game won't be that small.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    Nintendo consoles have always got The Sims games later than others. Take a look at previous games.
    +If it does, I hope to see it in Nintendo EShop. Currently when I look there, there are no The Sims games except MySims Camera for DS.
  • LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    edited July 2017
    i seen that coming they have no plans for Mass Effect: Andromeda so i can see EA not doing the Sims 4 for the switch which is sad to be honest. but its their choice. even if some of us don't agree on it. i personally only have a switch and my laptop to play these types of games.
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
    @EgonVM wrote: »
    Nintendo consoles have always got The Sims games later than others. Take a look at previous games.
    +If it does, I hope to see it in Nintendo EShop. Currently when I look there, there are no The Sims games except MySims Camera for DS.

Not really. The only time that happened was with The Sims 3 on Wii.

The rest of the time, Nintendo often got it first, as an exlusive, or the same time. Nintendo was first priority with The Sims console games from Day 1.
    i seen that coming they have no plans for Mass Effect: Andromeda so i can see EA not doing the Sims 4 for the switch which is sad to be honest. but its their choice. even if some of us don't agree on it. i personally only have a switch and my laptop to play these types of games.

It's Nintendo's fault. ME:A needs more space than a Nintendo Switch catridge allows (32GB).
    Plus the internal storage of the Switch is 32GB unless you pay for expansion. The Sims 4 as it stands with all patches and packs is more than 32GB and we're only 3 EP's in.

Unless Nintendo release a bigger model, it's highly doubtful. Meanwhile Xbox and PS4 have 500Gb and 1TB models.
    edited July 2017
    It's Nintendo's fault. ME:A needs more space than a Nintendo Switch catridge allows (32GB).
    Plus the internal storage of the Switch is 32GB unless you pay for expansion. The Sims 4 as it stands with all patches and packs is more than 32GB and we're only 3 EP's in.

Having just checked how much space The Sims 4 is taking up on my computer, it is not more than 32GB... Currently, it's only 20 - and that's with 3 Expansion Packs, 3 Game Packs and a couple of stuff packs...
  • dogboy678dogboy678 Posts: 200 Member
    I hate to say it, but I saw this coming. Everyone was so hyped for the Switch, and I never could understand (as a Nintendo fan myself). Third parties (including EA) pledged their support for the Wii U but then turned around. It's obvious they'll do the same for the Switch.

Um that's because the Wii U was a flop. The Switch is really successful.
  • rafaeljonasrafaeljonas Posts: 227 Member
    Nintendo switch has been a success. The sims closely matches the switch concept and I would have no problem paying again for the console version if it came to the switch. The idea of storage does not seem to me a problem, since it is possible to buy a larger sdcard. I expect an announcement on the sims 4 gamescom coming to the switch soon. I'll be annoyed if there is not a version. EA has promised to bring more games switch this year after fifa.
    Nintendo switch has been a success. The sims closely matches the switch concept and I would have no problem paying again for the console version if it came to the switch. The idea of storage does not seem to me a problem, since it is possible to buy a larger sdcard. I expect an announcement on the sims 4 gamescom coming to the switch soon. I'll be annoyed if there is not a version. EA has promised to bring more games switch this year after fifa.

In my opinion, I feel like The Sims 4 is suited best for the concept of the Switch, as why would I want to buy the console version just to play on my TV when I could easily play on my computer... With the Switch, I have the option to play the Sims when I'm nowhere near my computer.

Having just checked how much space The Sims 4 is taking up on my computer, it is not more than 32GB... Currently, it's only 20 - and that's with 3 Expansion Packs, 3 Game Packs and a couple of stuff packs...

It's 34.8 GB for me, and I have all 3 Expansions, all 5 GP's, and all the Stuff Packs, and all the free stuff (of course!).
    Perhaps my game has duplicate stuff from updates over the years, but even so, as you said 20GB and it's not even all the packs we have so far, and we're not close to finishing if the console announcement is anything to go by.

Plus, you can't dedicate all 32GB for The Sims 4, PLUS unlike other games, all the content would need to be in one place. Once you reached the max in the internal storage, you'd have to uninstall and redownload to an SD card. Ugh they just made it so much harder.

But yeah, most likely EA aren't gonna bother with the Switch unless Nintendo release a bigger version of it.
    dogboy678 wrote: »

It's only successful at the moment because it's new and hard to come by (because there's limited stock, sales are often made by resellers).

That said, the Wii U only flopped because third party backed out. If they do the same with The Switch, the Switch will flop too.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited August 2017

Unless Nintendo release a bigger model, it's highly doubtful. Meanwhile Xbox and PS4 have 500Gb and 1TB models.
    Its not Nintendo's fault you can add more by getting a micro sd card and Nintendo has never competed with PS4 or Xbox One so why would they try to compete now? That is why everyone has the choice of what console fits them the best. Since I have been a big Nintendo fan for a long time I chose to get one and 500 GB on PS4 doesn't go far if you DD your games.

It's only successful at the moment because it's new and hard to come by (because there's limited stock, sales are often made by resellers).

That said, the Wii U only flopped because third party backed out. If they do the same with The Switch, the Switch will flop too.
    Its not hard to find stores are carrying it. It won't be a flop because the fact its a hybrid console more so then the Wii U. Since I like handheld gaming systems way better that is why I like it. But I do have a PS4 and a Xbox One S.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • TiffanyLea007TiffanyLea007 Posts: 1,068 Member
    Please bring it to the Switch. It would be stupid not too. 128 gb sd card should be plenty of storage. The concept of the switch is what I love. But more indie games and games like the Sims need to come to it. :(

Its not Nintendo's fault you can add more by getting a micro sd card and Nintendo has never competed with PS4 or Xbox One so why would they try to compete now? That is why everyone has the choice of what console fits them the best. Since I have been a big Nintendo fan for a long time I chose to get one and 500 GB on PS4 doesn't go far if you DD your games.

Its not hard to find stores are carrying it. It won't be a flop because the fact its a hybrid console more so then the Wii U. Since I like handheld gaming systems way better that is why I like it. But I do have a PS4 and a Xbox One S.

You're proving my point.

A SD card being required to play, is the issue. Only a small number of players will have an SD card, so it's useless for EA to sell it to everyone who owns a Switch.

If Nintendo don't want to compete with the PS4/Xbox1, then that is their fault that the Switch can't play the game.
    But EA can't market a game to a small selection of players. They need to invest in an eco-system that allows players to play out of box, with all DLC.

If they can't, it's not profitable.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member

You're proving my point.

A SD card being required to play, is the issue. Only a small number of players will have an SD card, so it's useless for EA to sell it to everyone who owns a Switch.

If Nintendo don't want to compete with the PS4/Xbox1, then that is their fault that the Switch can't play the game.
    But EA can't market a game to a small selection of players. They need to invest in an eco-system that allows players to play out of box, with all DLC.

If they can't, it's not profitable.
    I am proving no point and if you want to DD games you have to expand what you have anyways and I have a PS4 500 GB one it doesn't go very far DD games like I do. I have to delete games now to even play games on it. Its a lot slower to fill a Nintendo's console then it is to fill PS4 or even Xbox One games since every physical game has to be downloaded on the console. Besides they already have a game that would fill the entire storage of the switch and its hasn't come out yet its Dragon Hero's 1&2 . I don't find PS4 or even Xbox one being Eco Friendly you waste more space playing the games you bought for the console then you would just having the disks and not having to add them to your very low amount of storage system.. That is probably why I like Nintendo products they don't do that.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member

That may be true 500 GB does not go far if you DL your games but Xbox one and PS4 have capability of attaching very large external drives that I believe the switch cannot do. So DLing is not an problem for Xbox or PS4 users. I think eventually it may come but their focus is on Xbox and PS4 right now being it is easier for them to program it on those systems.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen