Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*~The Drama Llama Reading Circle~*

Comments

• Options
    ajamkeevinajamkeevin Posts: 278 Member
    I've finally written the episode I've been waiting to write since the beginning and I.am.dead. This took me so long but it finally flowed out of my fingers and I am crying :cry: So much drama, happy moments, sad moments, everything in between. I hope y'all like it! And also, I'm catching up on your stories and I am in awe at the quality. This is some next-level stuff here!
    "The Boy Who Ruins Everything"
    81FdVEv.jpg
    Click here if you wanna get all the feels :cry:
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    edited October 2017
    Nancy returns to Bob's Breakfast. Can she keep her composure this time?

149.png?resize=594%2C311
    House of Pancakes: Chapter 25
    Bob’s Breakfast restaurant was not just a dream anymore for Bob and Eliza Pancakes. They just had their grand opening with much success and perhaps a downfall. It was now day two at Bob’s Breakfast. It was about the same procedures as it was on opening day…
    READ MORE

(friendly reminder the links go to this site's forum thread, so you don't need to leave the site to read House of Pancakes. You can also follow my WordPress site and get updates and read the chapters first there before anyone gets to here.)
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Options
    Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    @LegacySims2017 Get your behind in bed and rest. Do not make me get all motherly on you.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    Skcaga6 wrote: »
    @LegacySims2017 Get your behind in bed and rest. Do not make me get all motherly on you.

What you think I've been doing the past day and a half! Sleeping and drinking lots of liquids (mostly water--I like water)!
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    Florence becomes judgemental. It could be a good thing or it could be a bad thing.

155.png?resize=594%2C311
    House of Pancakes: Chapter 25
    It’s Friday and the last day of the week for Bob’s Breakfast. Eliza and Bob decided to have the staff attend a training seminar to help improve the service aspect of their restaurant. Eliza approached Florence first. “Good morning, Florence.” Eliza said. “Hello.” Florence responds. “Before we…
    READ MORE

(friendly reminder the links go to this site's forum thread, so you don't need to leave the site to read House of Pancakes. You can also follow my WordPress site and get updates and read the chapters first there before anyone gets to here.)
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Thu gets plenty of great surprises in one short afternoon.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    Acarb90Acarb90 Posts: 608 Member
    Hey guys

So I've been thinking about this reading circle and seeing what we can do with it. I think your stories are awesome, but I feel bad I havent caught up on all of them and that we haven't really had discussions.

Idk what we should do. Since the majority of you guys have well established stories. @ajamkeevin and I have just started our stories.

I never really knew how reading circles worked when I started this so I'm kinda lost lol

THIRTYT(2).png
  • Options
    @Acarb90: I'm bad at leading discussions too. I do lurk on other circles and there are rotating discussions for one story/author at a time on some. I find discussing one thing easier than discussing a huge general thing but anyone can disagree.

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    Thu gets cozy and comfortable and in true form, finds a way to destroy that:

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    I tried starting a discussion here and only one person responded so I gave up.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited October 2017
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    @Acarb90: I'm bad at leading discussions too. I do lurk on other circles and there are rotating discussions for one story/author at a time on some. I find discussing one thing easier than discussing a huge general thing but anyone can disagree.

I think this is a better idea because I have trouble answering for all the stories at once. If we had a rotation of one story per week, I'd participate better.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Finally the weekend. I should be able to get a chapter out for both Pieces of Time and On the Hunt this weekend. I may only have 6 students in my classroom, but those 6 are exhausting.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    @Skcaga6: are they disabled too? It's a tough set of kids to work with. My mum was an ABA therapist for a time but she was not cut out to wrangle autistic children forever (I was enough).

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    @InfraGreen Yes they are. Two with CP and 4 at various areas on the Spectrum. Three of the kids are non-verbal. One of the verbal ones is also a screamer, and boy does he have a set of lungs. Today we joined 100+ MD students from 18 different classes in our service area on a field trip to the bowling alley. It was a lot of fun, but it was VERY LOUD.

Since I am only a sub, I'm only with this current class for two more days, then off to wherever else they need me. Right now I have nothing else scheduled until the beginning of November. I have had to turn down 3 assignments this week though. Two were on days I'm with my current class, and one was in a location where my poor old dinosaur car wouldn't survive the trip. It is barely surviving my current assignment.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    It's the final day before Bob and Eliza go back to their "day jobs".

160.png?resize=594%2C311
    House of Pancakes: Chapter 27
    The Bob’s Breakfast restaurant crew went back to work on Monday for a short day and then attended a conference to improve their skills. All five attended. When it came to Tuesday, Bob and Eliza would use this as their last vacation days from their other jobs…
    READ MORE

Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    Bob and Eliza leave the restaurant in the hands of their staff.

167.png?resize=594%2C311
    House of Pancakes: Chapter 28
    Eliza would be going back to her painting job today. Bob had the next two days off. Not for more vacation, but it’s his typical two days off from work. He only has a four day work week with his position. Bob and Eliza were happy they…
    READ MORE

Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Sorry I've been elusive lately, school's got me wrapped up :s I've been trying to make a dedicated schedule where I'd be able to plan out my school stuff so I'm not so overwhelmed with all the stuff I have to do. It's kind of hard to estimate when I take longer than I expect to, but I think I'll be able to get the hang of this. ...At least before Christmas. Hopefully. :cold_sweat: What's left of my free time is usually spent sleeping or playing old PS2 games (hahaha :sob:) when I can because I get so exhausted with school stuff and clinical days :sob:

On the topic of reading circle discussions, I'm on board for the whole focus on one story at a time thing. We can always go from the shortest to the longest story here so we could go at the same pace :)
  • Options
    @Cement: shortest to longest sounds good, in the interest of fairness. :)

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    Thu reveals a past as a darling little girl with gruesome big problems:

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    Good evening my friends. I'm still catching up on binging these stories, but am going to have to leave the Circle. Again, I'll still be reading and following these stories already listed, but won't be participating in any discussions. I'm just about caught up with No Stars Over Uptown. Then I'll begin the next one in my bookmarks from this Circle. I'm already caught up with Metro and Kev & Get It. I'll probably start leaving comments in the blog posts soon.

Thanks for having me and I look forward to continue reading these wonderful stories as I continue to write House of Pancakes.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    @LegacySims2017 sorry to see you go =(. I will continue to read your story and hopefully keep in touch in the writers lounge =). Thanks for the liebster award nomination! I will definitely be getting to that this week.

Also I agree with the shortest to longest idea as well, but I think mine is the shortest and I only have 1.1 chapters xD. So maybe we can start with @ajamkeevin ?
    THIRTYT(2).png
  • Options
    I am looking forward to a day off so I can write again. Another day like I had today and I may put myself in the witness protection program.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    I am looking forward to a day off so I can write again. Another day like I had today and I may put myself in the witness protection program.

Same =(

With this warm weather sticking around, we are still in kitten season and the shelter has been pretty busy :'(
    THIRTYT(2).png
  • Options
    @Acarb90 I may peek in here once in awhile. Just won't be able to add to any discussions.

And like I said, I'm still going to either continue reading updated chapters and then start on the other ones in this thread.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    Acarb90 wrote: »

Same =(

With this warm weather sticking around, we are still in kitten season and the shelter has been pretty busy :'(

I had one student show up to school with Scabies which resulted in the entire classroom being cleaned and sanitized, down to even the crayons all being cleaned. Another would not leave his clothes on and refused to do anything all day except argue. Two wet themselves. One had a blowout in his diaper and of course had no extra clothing with him.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656