Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*~The Drama Llama Reading Circle~*

Comments

• Options
    Acarb90Acarb90 Posts: 608 Member
    I'm such a bad host :( . I've been dealing with work stresses. Today was a pretty horrible day. I am a head tech at my job, but the other two (we have three main locations) seem to be treated more like supervisors than I am (even though we basically have the same job). I spent the last hour at work drafting an email to send to my boss about how I deserve more respect :(

I'm glad to see everyone is waiting on Metro. I may post the first snippet in a few minutes. Still deciding.

I will also be dedicating each night to catching up on your stories so we can finally have a real reading circle lol

THIRTYT(2).png
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Yeah I'm mostly caught up but @ajamkeevin probably knows my likes and how I'm only so far into the season. :p Work is finally letting up a little for me too. First week of classes is tough for everyone but especially for IT. All the sh-t trickles down to our basement hideout. :p
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    Why must my game make life harder? Trying to set up for next chapter. Downloading from gallery takes forever to place. Finally get it placed then life happens and I have to leave before I can play
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    It's all good, @Acarb90 :) We all get busy. Hope your work situation gets better!

I'm still running around trying to get everything settled into a working schedule. :sob:

@Skcaga6 haha, Corina has a backstory! It's just not prominent in White Lies since hers is kind of related to my other story.
    ...which is also being neglected right now :sob:
  • Options
    @Cement the first time I came across her was in Dreams and Drama and her interview for surrogacy. She made me laugh so hard. She actually reminds me a lot of my real self and of my dad. My dad believed to the day he died that he saw UFOs. I actually have a newspaper article about Dad and a friend spotting a UFO while camping in his friend's back yard.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    So, FINALLY got things taken care of with the Ohio Department of Education. I SHOULD have my license approved by the end of the day, tomorrow at the latest. Next week the school board gives official approval, then I will be an employed substitute teacher and making money. Soup kitchens are great to work in, but they don't pay the bills.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    I so badly want to throw my laptop right now. I am trying to screenshot tomorrow's chapter, but it is not cooperating with me. I downloaded a ark from the gallery for this chapter and I knew what was going to happen. Constant freezing which means I missed most of the shots I wanted.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    Skcaga6 wrote: »
    If you could take one character from another reading group member's story and put them in yours with an important part, who would it be and what part would you give them?

Maybe not overshadowed by Uptown, but @Cement's Hae-ju or Joseph. They're ripe for even more character studying. Or Axel could turn to either of them for another psychological mystery if things go belly-up with Thu. :p

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    It's a short lesson about solidarity, in Axel's own demented way...

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,232 Member
    I'm doing my best to attempt to binge read...

@InfraGreen I've read chapters 5 - 15 in the past 4 hrs at work. I must say I am intrigued. I solved one mystery on my own, but there are so much more.
  • Options

@InfraGreen I've read chapters 5 - 15 in the past 4 hrs at work. I must say I am intrigued. I solved one mystery on my own, but there are so much more.

That story is really NSFW. lol That story isn't even safe to read anywhere at any time. lol
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    Skcaga6 wrote: »

That story is really NSFW. lol That story isn't even safe to read anywhere at any time. lol

I read it on my cell at work. Safer than the work's computer. :grimace:
  • Options
    When I was binge reading NSOU, I used to go to a secluded area at work just in case there were any NSFW scenes :D:D:D
    THIRTYT(2).png
  • Options
    I read it at home in the privacy of my bedroom. lol There's way too many kids at work for me to read it there.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Aww you guys. I'm with @LegacySims2017 and read on my phone. I know how to hide it or quickly scroll past bööbies. :p

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    There will be changes slowly working their way into Pieces of Time. I posted about it over on its story thread if you are curious about them.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Ooh I gotta think about that character question.

I also read No Stars on my phone.
    ...with the brightness turned all the way down in case someone looks over my shoulder, as well as an extra tab on some random science article I half read to switch to if anyone asks what I'm reading... :joy:
  • Options
  • Options

Chapters 16 - 25 finished. Almost halfway there. :lol:
  • Options

And now chapter 30 done. Is it bad I am/was routing for Axel and Thu to be a thing? :lol:

I still have a long ways to go. Definitely a story to read in private. :grimace: But it's a good SimLit!
  • Options
    @LegacySims2017: MAH BOI

There are some Thuel shippers but I don't think anyone actually ships them without some stepping back and thinking "wow this is messed up"

And YES more Metro. With a bonus gay couple even (Chad and Edgar might fight but they are still #couplegoals)

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    @LegacySims2017: MAH BOI

There are some Thuel shippers but I don't think anyone actually ships them without some stepping back and thinking "wow this is messed up"

And YES more Metro. With a bonus gay couple even (Chad and Edgar might fight but they are still #couplegoals)

Lmao they were totally not planned. I just set up a restaurant and they just happened to be sitting there. They just looked like a sassy gay couple to me xD
    THIRTYT(2).png
  • Options

And now chapter 30 done. Is it bad I am/was routing for Axel and Thu to be a thing? :lol:

I still have a long ways to go. Definitely a story to read in private. :grimace: But it's a good SimLit!

Just finished Chapter 40 and it's time to head home from work.
  • Options
    Eliza and Bob make their staffing decisions. And Eliza becomes speechless.

119.png?resize=594%2C311
    House of Pancakes: Chapter 21
    Bob and Eliza were having breakfast discussing the previous days interviews. Eliza did all the interviewing while Bob did all the watching and taking notes in his head. “I think we had a lot of qualifying candidates for the hostess position.” Eliza said. “But one stood out…
    READ MORE

(friendly reminder the links go to this site's forum thread, so you don't need to leave the site to read House of Pancakes. You can also follow my WordPress site and get updates and read the chapters first there before anyone gets to here.)
  • Options
    Bob and Eliza get everything finalized and prepare for "Bob's Breakfast" grand opening!

123.png?resize=594%2C311
    House of Pancakes: Chapter 22
    Eliza was making the calls to the ones who they wanted to hire for Bob’s Breakfast. When she got to calling Sophia Spinks about the hostess position, she wasn’t prepared for a rejection. “Oh, you don’t want the position anymore?” Eliza asked. “That is correct.” Sophia answered…
    READ MORE

(friendly reminder the links go to this site's forum thread, so you don't need to leave the site to read House of Pancakes. You can also follow my WordPress site and get updates and read the chapters first there before anyone gets to here.)