Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*~The Drama Llama Reading Circle~*

Comments

• Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    Skcaga6 wrote: Β»
    I am taking a break from Sims 4 for a few days since I now have the rest of this week's chapters done and ready to post. I'm playing in Sims 3 a little bit. It was the only one I never played before so giving it a shot.

I miss playing the sims 3.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Don't read mine on an empty stomach or you'll find yourself in the kitchen making pancakes. :lol:

Oh man, call me a glutton but I'm always on the far sides of the hunger spectrum :joy: I'm always ready to eat :joy:
    Read the first two generations of Pammie's before mine. Mine uses characters from her first three generations and incorporates the backstories from hers into it. Generation three is safe to read along with mine. No spoilers in mine for it since that's where the character's kinda went different ways.

Ooh, gotcha. Made a mental note of that :)
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    I am taking a break from Sims 4 for a few days since I now have the rest of this week's chapters done and ready to post. I'm playing in Sims 3 a little bit. It was the only one I never played before so giving it a shot.

You've never played sims 3? I liked it best...although I miss the emotions of Sims 4 and can't go back. BUT there's LOADS to do...a more complex game.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    I've noticed a lot of complete simming newcomers or those that went directly from TS2 to TS4. My heart is with TS3 always and I have plans for it but boy I love emotions for storytelling. I love love love them.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    I played 1 and 2 then got married. My now ex husband hated the game and would not allow it in the house. So I missed playing 3. I picked it back up with 4. My BFF plays 3 and her daughter plays 4. Since I had downloaded 3 a few months ago and only played it about an hour, she talked me into giving it another chance. I am seeing things in 3 that I wish was in 4. I like the way the Sims look in 4 better though. In three they all look strange. Especially the toddlers. lol
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    TS4 makes it easier to make not-ugly sims. And Asians. I need some slider magic to make sims with monolids in TS3 instead of picking a preset and going from there.

Then again my two favorite TS3 sims don't look quite right in TS4. Sad compromises everywhere. :p

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    I like the way my guy in TS3 turned out. He looks pretty decent. Unfortunately the rate he is going he'll never fulfill his lifetime goal of raising 5 kids from birth to teen. He married his boss who turned out to only be a few days away from becoming an elder. Managed to get one daughter out of her. Now he keeps striking out with other women lol
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    Acarb90Acarb90 Posts: 608 Member
    edited August 2017
    Sims 3 was great because of the open world, and there was more of an opportunity for screenshots.
    Also I really miss being able to move sims in build mode. It made posing SO much easier.

Sims 4 is better for storytelling though. The sims have a wider range of facial expressions, it's easier to change outfits and the sims looks 1000000% better. Sims 3 had strange pudding faces and the boxy bodies (is that a thing? well I made it a thing!)

For instance:
    Screenshot-255_zpsc4dfd275.jpg

UGH

(old story of mine btw)
    THIRTYT(2).png
  • Options
    BTW I think we need to do some sort of questions thing now that we have a full roster:

Here's some questions for you guys to answer: (No pressure! Finish whenever you have time)

1. How did you come up with your story?
    2. What influences do you draw from?
    3. Which character is your favorite to write about?
    4. If you could choose one character from everyone's story to spend a day with IRL, which one would it be? (You can totally spend a day with someone just to be mean to them btw =P)
    THIRTYT(2).png
  • Options
    I'll tackle the discussion questions later (hopefully...vacation awaits :sunglasses:). But until then, Thu meets someone her age:

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    ajamkeevinajamkeevin Posts: 278 Member
    Oooh, the questions look interesting. I'm currently taking advantage of the weekend to get caught up, I'll hopefully be able to answer them soon!
  • Options
    I will answer as soon as my laptop boots up.

@InfraGreen I added Thu into Pieces of Time a few days ago. Just wanted to warn you of future torture. Lol
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    As a wise woman once said: oh my gravy.

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    LOL I use that phrase a lot.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    I was reading other stories and thought it would be cool to take the characters from some of the different stories I read and have them wandering around in the background of my game. Watching them interact with each other and with my own characters was interesting and that led to Pieces of Time. They were telling their own stories in my game. I just wrote down what they were telling.
    I let the characters tell the story. I have only guided one of my characters so far and that has been Jessie. The only reason for her is because of her collaboration with another writer for her story.
    3. Which character is your favorite to write about?
    In the beginning it was Tony. He was this loving bad guy. He kidnapped his nephew's daughter, but treated her like she was his own child and took good care of her. He had that good guy streak in him even when he was doing bad. Now that he is gone, it would have to be Tony Jr. He's so confused right now and still trying to find himself. I have been enjoying writing Tiana, Jessie, and Axel also.
    4. If you could choose one character from everyone's story to spend a day with IRL, which one would it be? (You can totally spend a day with someone just to be mean to them btw =P)
    @InfraGreen : I would spend the day knocking sense into Andrea. He caused so much more damage to people than I think he ever realized he did. Thu, his kids, and now even Axel is feeling the effects of it.
    @LegacySims2017 : Bob! Definitely Bob! I think Eliza would just annoy me. I feel like I could be myself more around Bob. And PANCAKES!!
    @Acarb90 : Ren and Leo. Those two are just too cute.
    @pammiechick : There's so many. Jackson is definitely one on the list. Knight and Alex. Siobhan. Crystal just so I can smack her. Io (need new meatloaf ingredients).
    I haven't read the other stories yet so will answer this again after reading theirs.

If I could pick one from my own story, it would be one that was never talked about in the story. It would be my SimSelfie's dad. He was based on my real dad who died in 2005. I would gladly spend the day with him again.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    I have now read @ajamkeevin's and I love Mitchell. He reminds me so much of one of my co-orders at the soup kitchen.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    I'd like to answer those questions (as I like filling out forms and the like... I think filling out forms is like acing a test about yourself. So they're really fun... :joy: ) but I haven't caught up with everyone yet. I don't want to answer them halfway since I'm a little er, silly about wanting to keep things consistent. Which is an ironic thing to say because my updates weren't consistent until my latest chapter, hahaha...

I think I'll be able to binge through the weekend to fully catch up with everyone's story. I decided to tackle Day & Knight first as it had the most chapters combined. I'm already halfway through Season 2. :) The first season was a pretty busy ride! I love the inclusion of underground criminals. Just my style. I absolutely adore shady stuff LOL <3

As a quick question, is there anyone here that types extremely lengthy chapters? Like 2-3k words by minimum?

I know my story's daunting when you look at it since although there are only 15 chapters out right now, my chapters are very long. I've recently split them all into parts so it'd be easier to pick up where you'd leave off, and right now, my 15th chapter is being updated twice a week by parts. (So even though they're parts of one whole chapter, their size is within the usual simlit chapter range.)

It makes me a bit nervous that my chapters are uh... Huge. :s I'd also say how long my current longest chapter is, but that's a number I think would make people flee :cold_sweat:
  • Options
    Cement wrote: Β»
    I'd like to answer those questions (as I like filling out forms and the like... I think filling out forms is like acing a test about yourself. So they're really fun... :joy: ) but I haven't caught up with everyone yet. I don't want to answer them halfway since I'm a little er, silly about wanting to keep things consistent. Which is an ironic thing to say because my updates weren't consistent until my latest chapter, hahaha...

I think I'll be able to binge through the weekend to fully catch up with everyone's story. I decided to tackle Day & Knight first as it had the most chapters combined. I'm already halfway through Season 2. :) The first season was a pretty busy ride! I love the inclusion of underground criminals. Just my style. I absolutely adore shady stuff LOL <3

As a quick question, is there anyone here that types extremely lengthy chapters? Like 2-3k words by minimum?

I know my story's daunting when you look at it since although there are only 15 chapters out right now, my chapters are very long. I've recently split them all into parts so it'd be easier to pick up where you'd leave off, and right now, my 15th chapter is being updated twice a week by parts. (So even though they're parts of one whole chapter, their size is within the usual simlit chapter range.)

It makes me a bit nervous that my chapters are uh... Huge. :s I'd also say how long my current longest chapter is, but that's a number I think would make people flee :cold_sweat:

I don't mind long chapters. Just assume I will take longer to read your story. :grimace:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    @Cement
    I was worried my chapters were too long! I think I take too many pictures (my current chapter has 100 pictures already and that's only part one!)

I think you are fine xD
    THIRTYT(2).png
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    https://metrosimlit.wordpress.com/2017/08/19/chapter-five-part-one-noel-imogen/

Finally getting to the background characters!

@InfraGreen
    Do you see anything similar to Axel? :D:D
    Let's hope this doesn't turn out the same way LOL
    THIRTYT(2).png
  • Options
    1. How did you come up with your story? I wanted to do something other than a "Legacy". I looked around at potential Challenges and came across @Jes2G 's RESTAURANT CHALLENGE. I immediately thought of Bob and Eliza Pancakes.
    2. What influences do you draw from? First few chapters... actual pancakes and the love/hate relationship everyone has for this couple. Recently, my readers. :smile:
    3. Which character is your favorite to write about? I would have to say Bob. Eliza gets a lot more attention in other people's SimLit.
    4. If you could choose one character from everyone's story to spend a day with IRL, which one would it be?

4a. @Acarb90 (Metro) - Esme: When she quit her job with Simone, and told Magnus, "Clean that 🐸🐸🐸🐸 up!" I wanted to high-five her. So I'd do that IRL! :grimace:
    4b. @InfraGreen (No Stars Over Uptown) - TBD: Currently reading this!
    4c. @Skcaga6 (Pieces of Time) - TBD: Only read Chapter One.
    4d. @pammiechick (Day & Knight) - TBD: Have not started yet.
    4e. @Cement (White Lies and Half Truths) - TBD: Have not started yet.
    4f. @ajamkeevin (Kev & Get It) - TBD: Have not started yet.

TBD (To Be Determined): I will update this post as I finish each story. If any of these TBD stories are a bit short in chapters where I can easily binge through them, let me know, please. I will read those first and then continue on the list.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    ajamkeevinajamkeevin Posts: 278 Member
    My chapters are usually quite long as well, since I don't expect to have that many per season (kind of like a regular show that only has about 14 or so episodes). So, long chapters but not that many per season. They're each split into two parts (the main episode and the elimination section) but I'm going to be playing around with backstories and spin-offs soon, and those will be more traditional in the sense of Sims Stories writing. I'm currently catching up on the stories here so I probably won't be updating mine immediately so that y'all don't have too much content to catch up on!

@InfraGreen I'm loving No Stars Over Uptown - sorry if I've been spamming your WordPress notifications with likes, but I'm so into the story! :love:
  • Options
    Now for @Cement's character I want to spend a day with.... Corina! She cracks me up. She needs more story time.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    Aside from new chapters posted today, I am all caught up on everybody's stories. OMG Cement, that was like a ride on a time warp or something. Lol
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited August 2017
    Questions...

This is a spoiler for those who haven't read...
    I was watching some K-drama about a gender neutral romance and also was playing with Alex as a model. At the time he was born a girl to my Amazon characters, Aulani and Mor...and I noticed how manly her body was, so yeah...the story was birthed...

I draw from music, mostly....and some romances I read or watch...

3. Favorite character to write so far?

I have so many!! But my favorite has been Jackson.

Spoilers!!!

The reason was having him HAVE to date five people was a challenge and to make it slightly a mystery by the end and plus, I love his rocker vibe. So much fun to set up the scenes
    and dress him.

4. What characters would you spend the day with?

Metro--Liv and Noah...I heart them!

No Stars--Axel...want to smack some sense into da boy...

Pieces of Time-- I'd like to meet Annabelle Day who eloped with Eric. He's a spare that doesn't get much time in my story and I love it that he found love.

HoP--Bob...I soooo want him to divorce Eliza...that's my dream and I'd let him know!

White Lies--when I read enough to comment, I will. :)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg