Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Outraged by lack of respect for tea

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    My boys must be anomalies then. Their tea maker always makes good brews and they aren't addicted to it. It's probably maybe once per Sims month they'll even touch it. The only complaint I have about the tea maker is the stupid gardener steals it all the time. I have no clue how he even gets in a locked house and why he only takes a tea pot. Well, at least that's what I'm told is where the missing pots are going. He's got the klepto trait, but how he gets in a locked house is a mystery. It's annoying especially when he actually stole one of the wedding gift coffee makers :( That made me really sad. But yeah, their tea pot has no issues and no addictions/obsessions with it in my household either.
  • Options
    SimSaraSimSara Posts: 534 Member
    I love everything about this thread! My family immigrated from England to the U.S. and my grandma got me hooked on tea as a toddler. I drink it everyday- all the time now. XD
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Right, as many of you have working tea in your game, I have done a reset and repair and tried again and my tea is now normal again. Thank you all :)

I do feel quite contrite now, better have another brew....
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Lol OP. And now for something completely different :p

Darcy approves

Untitled-1024x627.png
    big-heart.png

5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Darcy is so cute also I want tea cups like that for my sims
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    I wish we could get Copeland back to make us a tea set for 4. The one from the store for 3 is great.
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Right, as many of you have working tea in your game, I have done a reset and repair and tried again and my tea is now normal again. Thank you all :)

I do feel quite contrite now, better have another brew....

Yay! Not that you are contrite, but that your tea is normal. :) I vaguely remember now, in my Family Save, it only being Normal Quality as well. Has anyone gotten Excellent Quality?
  • Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    lasummerb wrote: »
    Coffee is hardly a new drug of choice. It's just more popular over here. I love tea and drink quite a lot of it, but I'm a bigger coffee fan. After all, I am from Seattle, the coffee capital of the US, it's in my veins. :D

I like the teapot, some of my Sims have it. I also had the tea set from the TS3 store and my Sims often drank it.

Oh, its gaining ground over here as well. Coffee shop franchises are breeding faster than rabbits on a spring day :)

LOL That's what I've heard! These days, my morning doesn't feel right without my coffee.
  • Options
    PugLove888PugLove888 Posts: 674 Member
    @ModerateOsprey , glad you liked Ice Tea as well as Hot Tea! I love both as well! My husband has a best friend that grew up in England and used to live near us (but now he lives far away) -- anyway his friend used to make us English Tea with milk. I enjoyed it, but I'm not a big fan of milk even in my coffee, so I prefer it without milk, and I think that would still be the case no matter where I grew up.
    @Livin in Sim I love Twinnings! I thought it comes from England, but I don't know for sure. My husband loves English Breakfast (as does my Dad), or Irish Breakfast. My favorites are Darjeeling and Earl Grey! I also love black tea with orange and spice! <3 But I'll drink any black tea (not a big fan of green tea, but maybe its just because I never had good green tea?!) ;)
    Home is where your Pugs are! <3
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I would love a tea sat for both kids and adults
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited July 2017
    ladybreid wrote: »
    I've gone off coffee and have become a tea junkie. I would love some tea party stuff in my game :D scones, biscuits, cucumber finger sandwiches, earl and lady grays, ooo some Irish breakfast tea, some porcelain and china tea pots with matching cups

/wanders off to her kitchen her mumbling of tea parties trailing off

Coffee does a major number on my esophgeal tract -- gives me a lot of acid issues. Tea is a lot milder for me. Love a good cup of Earl Grey or Irish Breakfast in the morning, then a cup of decaf cinnamon spice in the evenings with a teeny bit of sugar to bring out the flavor (tastes like a liquid Hot Tamales candy). B) Would love more tea flavors available, maybe a new upgraded version...and we need hot chocolate for the kids! A "Make Cup for..." and then the kid could drink it would be so cute, maybe for Seasons if that's on the horizon.

To the OP -- now that the cooking glitch in restaurants has been fixed, maybe see if that helps the tea quality? Saw your later post that it's fine now -- glad to hear. I've heard that sometimes deleting the localthumbcache file can help solve minor glitches as well.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    I think Coolspear has a mod that makes all drinks, including tea, perfect quality. :D
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    I think Coolspear has a mod that makes all drinks, including tea, perfect quality. :D

I think I'll be stopping by the sims asylum then

Cheers :)
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Aine wrote: »

I think I'll be stopping by the sims asylum then

Cheers :)

Here's the link if you're lazy ;)Clicky
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    ladybreid wrote: »
    I've gone off coffee and have become a tea junkie. I would love some tea party stuff in my game :D scones, biscuits, cucumber finger sandwiches, earl and lady grays, ooo some Irish breakfast tea, some porcelain and china tea pots with matching cups

/wanders off to her kitchen her mumbling of tea parties trailing off

Coffee does a major number on my esophgeal tract -- gives me a lot of acid issues. Tea is a lot milder for me. Love a good cup of Earl Grey or Irish Breakfast in the morning, then a cup of decaf cinnamon spice in the evenings with a teeny bit of sugar to bring out the flavor (tastes like a liquid Hot Tamales candy). B) Would love more tea flavors available, maybe a new upgraded version...and we need hot chocolate for the kids! A "Make Cup for..." and then the kid could drink it would be so cute, maybe for Seasons if that's on the horizon.

To the OP -- now that the cooking glitch in restaurants has been fixed, maybe see if that helps the tea quality? Saw your later post that it's fine now -- glad to hear. I've heard that sometimes deleting the localthumbcache file can help solve minor glitches as well.

I still have the little tea party set that I got as a birthday gift when I was in Kindergarten! (Thanks Amy! <3 ) I think it would be so cute to have young Sims play with a child's tea set! (And of course the adults would need one too!)

@stilljustme2 , I love the idea of making a cup of hot chocolate for kid Sims! o:) Maybe they will add that, as well as fix our Tea problems, when/if we get a Seasons pack! :*<3;)
  • Options
    NamikoKawaNamikoKawa Posts: 64 Member
    I wish th sims had more tea, and more places that serve tea, I hate that you can't go to the cafe in game an order tea, I've been to starbucks and ordered tea. I've been to restaurants that serve tea, but most restaurants only have black tea, I don't mind but sometimes I want to try new teas.

I'm American and I love tea, really love tea, gave up soda for the most part, but I never liked coffee, I don't even like the smell of coffee but I was that way from a child. Really the taste is too strong so it's unpleasant to my taste. I really like tea and love trying new flavors all the time, so usually if I like the taste I'll buy that tea more often, I buy about 6 to 10 flavors I like often but not always at the same time. I don't like milk in my tea, I just don't like watery milk, but I like milk. So always have been a tea drinker, especially in the winter, I like ice tea too but that's more of a summer thing, I like tea cold or hot. I do like sugar, honey or lemon in my tea, but most times sugar or honey.
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    Sorry I checked there are two tea makers in the game, one is the tea magic brewer and the other one is a tray with pitcher that can make lemonade, Ice Tea and Citrus Swig, the last one comes with backyard stuff.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    if you have City Living there is also a stand that you can find sometimes in some of the neighborhoods in San Myshuno City that serves many types of tea! :) But you have to go to a neighborhood at the right time (which varies) in order to find it. :(
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    PugLove888 wrote: »
    if you have City Living there is also a stand that you can find sometimes in some of the neighborhoods in San Myshuno City that serves many types of tea! :) But you have to go to a neighborhood at the right time (which varies) in order to find it. :(

Oh, yeah I forgot about that stand it serves tea and coffee, I also believe if you have Get Togather the café serve the the café version of Teas. Also made tea is a drink and drinks are food and are related to cooking, so the quality of the tea is based on your cooking skill.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    edited July 2017
    Sid1701D9 wrote: »
    PugLove888 wrote: »

Oh, yeah I forgot about that stand it serves tea and coffee, I also believe if you have Get Togather the café serve the the café version of Teas. Also made tea is a drink and drinks are food and are related to cooking, so the quality of the tea is based on your cooking skill.

I assumed this as well, but my Level 3 cook and my Level 8 cook both got Normal Quality with the Teamaker. I think it's possibly bugged to only produce Normal with Upgrades, and Poor without. Have you actually gotten Excellent Quality, and was the maker upgraded, if so?

No, sadly tea is not available at the Cafes. You can, however, put all the kinds of tea on restaurant menus.
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Hey there

Some time ago, I too noticed that my upgraded teamaker only made poor tea. I sold it and bought a new one which made tea of normal quality. My Sims tend to use it compulsively as well though. Like with the bar, but at least tea doesn't make them fat. A tea party themed SP would be awesome. Oh, and the cuteness of including a set for children to use :-)

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    Felicia_QueensFelicia_Queens Posts: 69 Member
    Our sims should absolutely be able to have machines that make perfect quality teas and coffees. A smoothie blender would be amazing! You could make apple juice, or lemonade, or a fruity blend with bananas and strawberries....wait, didn't we have that in Sims 3? But...I only seem to have basic coffee makers in my game? Are there more in the stuff packs?
  • Options
    ChiefBear39ChiefBear39 Posts: 56 Member
    [quote="Goth583;c-15910834"]My problem with the tea maker, and any other maker, is that my sims gravitate toward it all the time. I don't think my sims have ever made a poor cup, but I also think this is a glitch. I thought they fixed it a long time ago.[/quote]

Funny.....mine gravitate toward the sink constantly.....yet no dishes to wash. They just stand there moving around, but standing in one spot (kinda like they do on fast forward). Too weird.