Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My "20th Anniversary Theory"

Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
So in my mind, a good time to release Sims 5 (should such a thing exist), would be for the 20th anniversary of The Sims in 2020.

For the sake of argument, let's say Sims 4 will be developed until Sims 5 in 2020, which would give it about 3 years (give or take a few months). Three years would give us 3 more Expansion packs including the Pets release this year. Maybe a 4th if production were to speed up towards the end. That would also mean roughly 6 more Game Packs, and goodness knows how many Stuff Packs. Let's say 10-12 more SP's.

Is that enough to get everything Simmers want?

I broke down what I can remember as the most sought after requests... let me know if I missed any. Timing might be different but I think that there would be enough space for all the major wish list items.

Expansions
November 2017 - Pets (let's say Werewolves came with this. Who knows)
November 2018 - University/Education
November 2019 - Seasons

Game Packs
2018 - Witches/Magic GP; Fame GP
2019 - Theme Park GP; Tropical beach Vacation GP
2020 - Farming/ Rural Life GP; Snowy Vacation GP

Stuff Packs

I'm not even going to bother predicting all the Stuff Packs. We know 2018 will include Laundry stuff and probably three others. I'm guessing we could see cars as useless objects SP, and maybe a Danger Stuff and Wedding Stuff just because of the failed votes from the community project. No idea what years we would get those in.

But anyway, it seems like the stuff people want COULD be squeezed into the game before a new base game came out. And remember, it's possible Sims 4 could go on longer. I just don't think it will make sense to go much further than 2020.

What are your thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    I do hope a new game gets released in 2020.
    I like your ideas for the packs, they sound very realistic and possible. :) It's probably what they will do next, University and Seasons. I would love a witch GP too!
    In terms of SPs, this game will end up with over 20 if we get at least one every quarter.

A part of me feels like there might be an HD remake of the Sims 1. That would be very shocking and could spark new interest in the franchise. I'd even throw in all the EPs for it because it's a pretty small game overall.
  • Options
    @JumpingTrains A remake of Sims 1 would be pretty cool actually!
  • Options
    agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    I like it, I do not want TS5 soon because I don't want them to rush it. 3 more years is perfect
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Seems like a sound theory to me.
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    A little off topic but 20 years of the Sims just seems so incredible to me, what a milestone! Whatever it is they do for the 20th anniversary, it'd better be special. As much as I want TS4 to go on forever and ever, I know it won't, so yeah it seems like a good time to release the next generation.
  • Options
    A little off topic but 20 years of the Sims just seems so incredible to me, what a milestone! Whatever it is they do for the 20th anniversary, it'd better be special. As much as I want TS4 to go on forever and ever, I know it won't, so yeah it seems like a good time to release the next generation.

Oh absolutely! I was thinking the same thing. That's an incredible length of time for a game series!
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    How about pets and weather in the base game along with all life stages as well as pre teens and also a built in CAW tool?

If that is the case then that would be a good way to start :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    lilacksblilacksb Posts: 440 Member
    Have we had any word on if there actually will be a Sims 5? Or is that just assumption at the moment?
  • Options
    lilacksb wrote: »
    Have we had any word on if there actually will be a Sims 5? Or is that just assumption at the moment?

There has not been any word on it, and I don't even know if there are any rumours or rumours of rumours on it. That's why I said "if such a thing exists". I do think that if it were to come out, 20th Anniversary would be a perfect release plan.
  • Options
    TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member

I think of it as an assumption. I think people are so used to new sims game coming out every couple years that some already assume there will definitely be one. But I don't agree. I don't think TS5 is a sure thing, like some players do. Nonetheless, Sims 4 needs a lot more content that will take 3 or 4 more years to develop at the minimum .
  • Options

I think of it as an assumption. I think people are so used to new sims game coming out every couple years that some already assume there will definitely be one. But I don't agree. I don't think TS5 is a sure thing, like some players do. Nonetheless, Sims 4 needs a lot more content that will take 3 or 4 more years to develop at the minimum .

I know you're not necessarily referring to me, but just thought I would add that I am NOT assuming there will be a Sims 5. Just that, if I were EA and I wanted to release a brand new version of a game series that has existed for 20 years, I would choose the 20th anniversary year to release that game.
  • Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Nice prediction for the eps and gps. I also hope like @king_of_simcity7 that weather and pets will be in the base game of TS5, these are such basic things everyone has in their lives that they shouldn't be extra paid for.

I'm also with the players that just automatically assume that there will be a TS5, just because the sims games still sell very good, this is something EA wouldn't ever want to miss. Didn't the devs said at the beginning of TS4 that there wouldn't be a TS5 game if TS4 doesn't sell good? Well if it is, than we have hope that we will get a new sims game in a few years :) . I also predict that TS5 will be much different to TS4 again, due to the negative feedback TS4 received in the past years.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »
    Nice prediction for the eps and gps. I also hope like @king_of_simcity7 that weather and pets will be in the base game of TS5, these are such basic things everyone has in their lives that they shouldn't be extra paid for.

I'm also with the players that just automatically assume that there will be a TS5, just because the sims games still sell very good, this is something EA wouldn't ever want to miss. Didn't the devs said at the beginning of TS4 that there wouldn't be a TS5 game if TS4 doesn't sell good? Well if it is, than we have hope that we will get a new sims game in a few years :) . I also predict that TS5 will be much different to TS4 again, due to the negative feedback TS4 received in the past years.

I prefer to think it makes sense to make another as well :) It's still a great series and the only truly viable game in the genre (there's nothing quite like it).
  • Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »

I prefer to think it makes sense to make another as well :) It's still a great series and the only truly viable game in the genre (there's nothing quite like it).

Maybe, someday, there will be a similar game from a differrent developer, but I think the reason there isn't any comparable game now is that it wouldn't sell very well with a big series like the sims as a competitor. Think of Cities Skylines that made its success after the failed SimCity.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    Maybe, someday, there will be a similar game from a differrent developer, but I think the reason there isn't any comparable game now is that it wouldn't sell very well with a big series like the sims as a competitor. Think of Cities Skylines that made its success after the failed SimCity.

I know Paradox developers have said they'd like to do a life sim at some point. But I think it's just a dream so far.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Sounds good to me. It would cover all the requested things from previous games. It seems doubtful that they would try to innovate, since they can't afford risks with TS4 as it is. With only 1 expansion pack per year, they would probably just focus on community favorites like pets and weather, instead of something different like Island Paradise or Into the Future.

Well, maybe they can risk it with a game pack since it's smaller and requires fewer resources to be invested. I'd actually love a farm life GP, because it's a theme that they haven't explored fully. We had horses, hay, and Appaloosa Plains, sure, but no livestock or actual farming.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Sounds good to me. It would cover all the requested things from previous games. It seems doubtful that they would try to innovate, since they can't afford risks with TS4 as it is. With only 1 expansion pack per year, they would probably just focus on community favorites like pets and weather, instead of something different like Island Paradise or Into the Future.

Well, maybe they can risk it with a game pack since it's smaller and requires fewer resources to be invested. I'd actually love a farm life GP, because it's a theme that they haven't explored fully. We had horses, hay, and Appaloosa Plains, sure, but no livestock or actual farming.
    Yes! They're more limited with only releasing one EP a year.

And I do hope we see something to do with farming or rural life. It could be a fun new aspect of the game

• Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    I would love a big jump in The Sims... A sims game released in 2020 could look like Witcher 3 and have an open world like Witcher 3 and it wouldn't even look like the best games of 2020, but still would be a huge step for The Sims, because I'm sure the PCs of 2020 would handle Witcher 3 at the most average specs. I'm just a bit bitter TS4 didn't look and feel like TS3 but better in every aspect... It certainly could. So I don't want the series to end with 4. I think they'll keep doing Sims games, because they sell so well and they keep releasing DLC with less effort than creating a new game and that sells well too... Too profitable of a series to abandon like that.
  • Options
    ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    Your predictions seem very sound, I just wish there would also be some fairies added (Actually even more supernaturals than that even), a sports/hobbies gp as well as a romance gp but I keep getting this feeling ts4 time is ticking down so I probably won't see them :disappointed:
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    BeJaWa wrote: »
    Your predictions seem very sound, I just wish there would also be some fairies added (Actually even more supernaturals than that even), a sports/hobbies gp as well as a romance gp but I keep getting this feeling ts4 time is ticking down so I probably won't see them :disappointed:

well we don't know how much time any of us has really but the gurus have said sims 4 will have different time on it then the others
    I hope it means it will last longer
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    I love your ideas as well and there could be a different lineup than I speculated here. I wish there could be a few more GP and EP slots for interesting new ideas, though. For example, I really want a hobbies game pack.
  • Options
    ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member

well we don't know how much time any of us has really but the gurus have said sims 4 will have different time on it then the others
    I hope it means it will last longer

I know, I still have a feeling that time is running out though. I hope that ts4 will continue until it is ripe with content I love, however with each passing quarter I still feel like the odds are shrinking. Especially when I being considerate to other players wishes and wants since I know they deserve there play styles fleshed out just as much even if I don't enjoy them.
  • Options
    JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    Often times EA has a very...different vision than the developers.

I do expect TS5 around 2020 and I'm scared to know what it will be. If the team might end up juggling Sims 4 packs and the Sims 5, it will be a disaster. Sims 3 needed 2 teams to make it through and now having just 1 team already proved to be too much workload.
  • Options
    loller64loller64 Posts: 2 New Member
    now i know they did this i think twice but for 20th anniversary they should do what they originally did and give out codes to people on origin for sims 2 ultimate i'm not saying they have to give it for free perhaps they could do it like if you own sims 3 and 4 you can ea chat for it talk about your favorite experiences with it do a survey basically what i'm saying is they should re release it really i'm only saying this because i feel like a lot of people missed out to experience such a game like sims 2 hope they do hopefully do wish to do this
  • Options
    loller64loller64 Posts: 2 New Member
    that or they can just sell the game for 15 to 20 pounds (i'm British) like just only sell the ultimate collection for a reasonable price like theirs no sims 2 standalone just only the ultimate collection hope they could plan on doing this
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top