Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do we need a Sims 5?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    SultanCanAliSultanCanAli Posts: 113 Member
    Are you kidding?we totally need sims 5!
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited December 2017
    In two years, yes I would like to see the franchise continue with future iterations. I would hate if the Sims 4 was the last Sims game and I think by year five seeing a new iteration will be nice to see again. I've been with the franchise for four iterations, no reason to stop the franchise especially one with a monopoly. Whether or not competition will enter in a few years, we'll just have to see. But I don't want Sims repeating the SimCity fiasco and shutting down their studio. Kind of selfish of people to claim they care about the Gurus but wish them out of work when the Sims 4 ends. I want them to continue to bring us Sims games beyond just the Sims 4. Some of the Gurus have been around since the first Sims game, so no need for them to stop now.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited December 2017
    I would not say I need it. I will stick with Sims 4 until it no longer runs/is supported on my computer. I personally played the original The Sims game without mods or cc from launch to 2015, so I do not see myself needing to get Sims 5.
    Post edited by NorthDakotaGamer on
  • Options
    lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    I would love a TS5, provided that:

1) the people making the game (EA or otherwise) treat it with the care it deserves;
    2) the base game is complete and bug-free.

TS2 and 3 set the bar so high that TS4 was just a disappointment for me, and that's not the note I want to see my favourite franchise go out on.
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
  • Options
    JohannaKristineJohannaKristine Posts: 10 New Member
    I hope they do a Sims 5. I loved sims 1, 2 and 3. One dud shouldn't kill the entire franchise. Hopefully, the developers can learn from their mistakes with Sims 4 and make Sims 5 that much better.
  • Options
    trashpacatrashpaca Posts: 15 New Member
    I feel like once The Sims 4 feels like a complete game, THEN we'll get a Sims 5. Just my opinion.
  • Options
    TerezaSims85TerezaSims85 Posts: 114 Member
    > @alan650111 said:
    > I completely disagree. I love this franchise so much. While I feel Sims 4 has a couple more years left in it I am anticipating where they'll go with Sims 5!

Agree!! :)
  • Options
    always_lashton_always_lashton_ Posts: 1 New Member
    this discussion died whoops

But eitherway, I think that they should wait until they have fixed all the bugs and issues with TS4 before even starting a new one. There are so many things that I'm sure a lot of people want fixing, and I feel like if there is a new Sims game released before all those things are fixed, then it's just going to go downhill and no one will play it anyways
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    For me, before they go on to Sims 5 I hope that they will make The Sims 4 the best it can be, or do the best that they can do. I defined all of major iterations of this franchise to be its own game in which they are a very well made excellent ultimate life simulators. The Sims 2 was a great one, also The Sims 3, they are a great life simulators with different focus. With 2 focusing on generations legacy type of gameplay and 3 focusing on open-ended gameplay. With different focus they share some features such as seasons and university, but even so the game themselves are unique. And that is what I want for The Sims 4.
    Make the game the best it can be. Deliver features from the past games while adding new ones with exciting gameplay, to make this game an excellent life simulator just like how the its predecessors are.

Once they did that, that is the time where I think we can see a Sims 5, where we need a sims 5. Because once the Sims 4 had received tons of new features and gameplay, some fans will want a new sims game that will have a different focus, just like how sims 1,2,3, and 4 did but maintaining what the game is all about: Creating and Controlling people with a deep level of humor, challenge,darkness, that is full of life.
  • Options
    suzibluesuziblue Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Sigzy05 said:
    > Hell yes. TS4 is such a mess we need a proper sequel after TS3, that improves the series overall.

Agreed. TS4 is full of suck. I've gotten rid of it a long time ago and gone back to TS3.
  • Options
    snoozefrenzysnoozefrenzy Posts: 1 New Member
    Sims 4 is still missing features that I truly enjoyed in Sims 3, things that I expected like the Open World, cars, bikes, and much more. There were also failures to improve the gaming experience in 4, like more accurate times for how long it took my sims to complete menial tasks, the absence of a complete pool set and some of the more fun animations that were in previous games, and on, and on. The quality of the expansion packs haven`t measured up for the most part either. The exception I have to note is the building and furnishing experience - that was well improved.

I think, since we`re this far along in the life of the Sims 4 and we`re still missing so much compared to the Sims 3, it`s time to get the Sims 5 out there.

As a sidenote, I don`t think the inclusion of VR would be any good in the Sims 5, so maybe they shouldn`t waste time on it in the base game. Maybe save it for a well developed and tested expansion.

The Sims is a great franchise overall, so I really do want to see a Sims 5, and I`ve put my money where my mouth is by buying every expansion except for pets. I`ll eventually grab that too, since the success of Sims 4 will determine whether or not there will be a Sims 5...

You`ve got me by the tender bits, EA, I`m man enough to admit it...
  • Options
    BenincasaBenincasa Posts: 104 Member
    I have been playing The Sims since the first game came out. I was super excited about The Sims 2 and they did a wonderful job upgrading the game and all the work and passion they put into it. But since then it feels like the passion is gone and now it's just like "let's see how much money we can milk out of our fans". I am still enjoying the game but it just feels like every time they release something, it's broken. I am not sure I would buy The Sims 5 if it came out unless the passion returns and they really put in time and effort into releasing a perfect game from day 1. Not a broken one they need patch after patch to fix or even expansion packs to fix.
  • Options
    Lenka93Lenka93 Posts: 58 Member
    I think that it will be Sims 5, but still the same remake content.
  • Options
    ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    I don't need a Sims 5. I want a Sims 5. :D
  • Options
    DesmondKevanDesmondKevan Posts: 33 Member
    Yeah, I'd like to have an open world like Sims 3. With Sims 4 styles, and open world in Sims 5. That would be nice.
  • Options
    TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    Personally I’m neutral about a Sims 5, because the decision ultimately lies with Maxis. I have been wondering, though, if the Sims franchise needs a shake-up, a la Sonic Mania.

Allow me to elaborate. Even though Sonic Mania was officially licensed by SEGA as part of the Sonic the Hedgehog series, pretty much the whole game (from the gameplay to the music) was put together by a group of devoted fans. When it was released, Sonic Mania became the best-reviewed Sonic game in recent history. It breathed a little life back into a franchise that had lately been struggling with consistent poor reception of its games.

The reason for this is simple, really. Fans know what fans like.

While I don’t consider the Sims franchise to have gone the way of Sonic, perhaps it is in need of a similar “revival”. Perhaps, if Maxis decides there won’t be a Sims 5, some Sims fans will step up and make it happen - a worthy successor of a game that combines all the great aspects of Sims 1, 2, 3, and 4. Just imagine, a fan-made Sims spin-off becoming the best-reviewed Sims game in history.
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I'm thinking the sims 5 will come out in two years or at the very least be announced in two years. I'm hoping if they do a Sims 5 they will add the very best from all four games.

Sims 1- Adds more humor and chance to things. Chance like fire, prank calls, and scary robbers.

Sims 2- The detail to animations. Likes and dislikes and turn offs and ons. Sims react to the things around them like cheating spouses and loved ones dying and act accordingly. I like the dating system in the sims 2 and Open for business was great and would be great to adapt to a Sims 5. I like how you can interact with Sims with more than just talking. Kids could play games with each other like tag and cops and robbers, show off to anyone by doing a cartwheel and other things. They could catch lightning bugs and jump rope. There was slow dancing and kids could dance on their parent's toes which was pretty cute. Teens could run away. Mom or dad would set the table with how many people were in their family which was a pretty nice touch. Honestly, there is so much the sims 2 did right.

Sims 3-- I love the open world. Even if the sims 5 has open neighborhoods that would still be awesome. I love the generations pack from the sims 3 and how it added to each life stage. The sleepovers, mood swings, mid-life crisis. Canes and bunk beds were added and it helped flesh out the life stages except for toddler. I also loved the expansions from the sims 3 and loved how in seasons you had different holidays and anniversaries. I loved how you could see your kids go to school and adults go to work and if you had ambitions you could actually play them at their job.

Sims 4- I'll start off by saying the toddlers are amazing. I wish they put this much effort into all the life stages. I think emotions could be great if they were done a little better and if they were triggered by actual events and less by rooms and paintings. I love the way the sims look this time around and how genetics don't make scary offspring all the time. I like the new building tools but wished they would have kept some of the older ones and made foundations work differently.

So my hopes are that if and when a Sims 5 comes out that it will take the best from each game and all add new things that would blow us away.
    • dark humor
    • More chance in the game
    • Detail to animations
    • Likes and Dislikes
    • Turn on and offs
    • Less talking and more things for them to do
    • Different types of dancing
    • More things for each life stage to do
    • Open world/neighborhood
    • Keep the amazing toddlers and do this with each life stage
    • Make emotions great by being triggered by events and less by paintings
    • More building tools and stair options
    • Social worker, police officer, burglar, firefighter make a return.

I'm sure there is more but I just got up and I'm not fully awake yet.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    ToreshinboToreshinbo Posts: 561 Member
    Yes and no.
    IF they're going to take their time and NOT BE PRESSURIZED(!) then I'd buy it.
    If they're rushing some things like they did in TS4 and omitting important stuff and letting useless stuff (*cough*Cupcake factory*cough*) then no.