Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is the best expansion pack to purchase?

I already have Get To Work, but I'm a bit stumped on which to get - City Living or Get Together?

Which one should I get? If you can, please give an overview on which one is.. hmm... you get more bang for your buck, I suppose? :kissing_heart:

Comments

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    For me, it's Get Together. The club system is a must have for creating my sim world the way I see it. Windenburg is beautiful and adds a diverse group of neighbourhoods with beautiful views. Dance battles are fun. I still haven't mastered DJ with any sims because I got bored with it.

City Living is also nice. I don't care for the functionality of the festivals and having to remain at them until things disappear ( or else it borks the game). I don't mind the apartment limitations but I've booted out all the premades because premades annoy me. I've also added a mod that unlocks the locked lot traits so I can change them to suit my own game. BTW, lot traits like EQ are a waste. They dont do anything except give the sim a tense moodlet for a bit.

The best district in CL is Spice. The others are kind of ridiculous and out of touch.

Therefore......GT is the better buy for long term play.
  • Options
    iiomqilovesimsiiomqilovesims Posts: 281 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    For me, it's Get Together. The club system is a must have for creating my sim world the way I see it. Windenburg is beautiful and adds a diverse group of neighbourhoods with beautiful views. Dance battles are fun. I still haven't mastered DJ with any sims because I got bored with it.

City Living is also nice. I don't care for the functionality of the festivals and having to remain at them until things disappear ( or else it borks the game). I don't mind the apartment limitations but I've booted out all the premades because premades annoy me. I've also added a mod that unlocks the locked lot traits so I can change them to suit my own game. BTW, lot traits like EQ are a waste. They dont do anything except give the sim a tense moodlet for a bit.

The best district in CL is Spice. The others are kind of ridiculous and out of touch.

Thanks! I was considering City Living but I will take into account GT.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    ...BUMP

.... BUMP
    Post edited by iiomqilovesims on
  • Options
    JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    I came to say Get To Work but you already have it :D

I think it would be worth waiting to see what the new EP is. It's most likely going to be Pets. Judging by your cute avatar I think that might interest you :)

Otherwise, Get Together is worth getting.
  • Options
    JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    City Living is also a pack with a lot of personality, but the gameplay is very minimal in that pack.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    GT as CL is a load of poop!
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2017
    Well....neither one has a lot of content.

The real question is will you use clubs? If yes go GT, if not, go CL.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello
    Both packs contain many great features :) It depends on your gameplay style which would suit you best.
    These are some links to guides to these expansion packs. They explain about the features and activities that come with the packs, as well as pictures of the build/buy mode items and the CAS items. They may help you to decide which pack you would like to have for your game.
    http://simsvip.com/sims-4-get-together-guide/
    https://simsvip.com/sims-4-city-living-guide/
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    Both packs contain many great features :) It depends on your gameplay style which would suit you best.
    These are some links to guides to these expansion packs. They explain about the features and activities that come with the packs, as well as pictures of the build/buy mode items and the CAS items. They may help you to decide which pack you would like to have for your game.
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

calaprfy wrote: »

Ok, thank you all! I guess GT will be better for me, cause it seems pretty cool. I'll see what I can get.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Get Together is a jumbled mess of different ideas that somewhat involve the club system which is the one big feature of the entire expansion pack.

City Living's main feature is the city, which is mostly decoration and pretty self contained. The biggest additions for CL were apartments and festivals - IMO neither one was a great addition to the game. Apartments cannot be used outside of the city world, and within the city world they cannot be added or removed. You can redecorate the inside of your apartment, but that's it. Festivals are super lame compared to Sims 3 - they are incredibly structured (they happen on a nonstop loop week after week..) and most repurpose content that was already developed for the base game or one of it's other DLC's. Similarly to apartments, festivals cannot be changed whatsoever. If you experience everything at the geekcon festival you will never see anything new traveling there. The same can be said for pretty much any festival in the game. There's also a glitch that results in overlapping festival attractions that renders everything unusable.

So even though I am really not a fan of either EP, I would say go with Get Together. The club system is configurable and allows you to make some pretty diverse groups. Neither pack is loaded with stuff. Whether it be new stuff, or remeshes of existing content there's just not a lot. As I said, CL does not offer the player any flexibility with its new features; which made the pack an automatic no at it's $40 price point. I paid $18 and still felt the pack didn't add enough to justify that price. That's just me however, the limitations may not bother you.
  • Options
    bump!
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    edited July 2017
    since you just bump artificially, so i withdraw my comment

Post edited by Rukola_Schaaf on
    i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    ..sorry

BUMP again.. I'm getting it in a few days but I still need some more persuasion!
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I'd say Get Together. The club system can really add a lot to your game. I find that more gameplay enhancing than the festivals from City Living. Otherwise, just pick based on what world you think is prettier and based on what CAS and build/buy items you think you'll get most use of.
    EPs are meant to expand the game so they add a large variety of items and activities with a vaguely common theme. If you want more in depth gameplay, go for game packs (unless you already have those).
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    I'd say Get Together. The club system can really add a lot to your game. I find that more gameplay enhancing than the festivals from City Living. Otherwise, just pick based on what world you think is prettier and based on what CAS and build/buy items you think you'll get most use of.
    EPs are meant to expand the game so they add a large variety of items and activities with a vaguely common theme. If you want more in depth gameplay, go for game packs (unless you already have those).
    Get Together is a jumbled mess of different ideas that somewhat involve the club system which is the one big feature of the entire expansion pack.

City Living's main feature is the city, which is mostly decoration and pretty self contained. The biggest additions for CL were apartments and festivals - IMO neither one was a great addition to the game. Apartments cannot be used outside of the city world, and within the city world they cannot be added or removed. You can redecorate the inside of your apartment, but that's it. Festivals are super lame compared to Sims 3 - they are incredibly structured (they happen on a nonstop loop week after week..) and most repurpose content that was already developed for the base game or one of it's other DLC's. Similarly to apartments, festivals cannot be changed whatsoever. If you experience everything at the geekcon festival you will never see anything new traveling there. The same can be said for pretty much any festival in the game. There's also a glitch that results in overlapping festival attractions that renders everything unusable.

So even though I am really not a fan of either EP, I would say go with Get Together. The club system is configurable and allows you to make some pretty diverse groups. Neither pack is loaded with stuff. Whether it be new stuff, or remeshes of existing content there's just not a lot. As I said, CL does not offer the player any flexibility with its new features; which made the pack an automatic no at it's $40 price point. I paid $18 and still felt the pack didn't add enough to justify that price. That's just me however, the limitations may not bother you.
    Hello

City Living is also a pack with a lot of personality, but the gameplay is very minimal in that pack.

I think it would be worth waiting to see what the new EP is. It's most likely going to be Pets. Judging by your cute avatar I think that might interest you :)

Thank you all soo much and I decided to get GT!
  • Options
    Emelie_190Emelie_190 Posts: 21 New Member
    personally I would wait to see what the next expansion pack is. I believe it will be pets but you never know.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

Hello

Thank you all soo much and I decided to get GT!

Actually I ended up getting both of em'. They were reallly cheap
  • Options
    artesianwadaartesianwada Posts: 147 Member
    I apologize in advance for hijacking your thread, but I was trying to post a similar question and I can't figure out how to start a topic. Can anyone please advise? Also, would you recommend Get To Work? I never got in to Sims 4 the way I did 3 but since there's so much more content now I would like to try to give it another chance. As of now, I have only the base game. Thanks.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    I apologize in advance for hijacking your thread, but I was trying to post a similar question and I can't figure out how to start a topic. Can anyone please advise? Also, would you recommend Get To Work? I never got in to Sims 4 the way I did 3 but since there's so much more content now I would like to try to give it another chance. As of now, I have only the base game. Thanks.

Hey there! Get To Work is probably the best, in my opinion. You have the ability to create your own business, working for yourself, unlocking new careers, such as Scientist, Doctor or Police Man. And, best of all, you can get Aliens! It also unlocks the new area, Magnolia Promanade and in that new world there is three pre-made shops, and a lot for you to build your own shop. And as for your problem with starting a new thread, you must have 50 points, 30 posts and an account older than 24hrs. I hope you can start a new thread soon! If you need more advise, go ahead! Enjoy the rest of your day!
    Post edited by iiomqilovesims on
  • Options
    artesianwadaartesianwada Posts: 147 Member

Hey there! Get To Work is probably the best, in my opinion. You have the ability to create your own business, working for yourself, unlocking new careers, such as Scientist, Doctor or Police Man. And, best of all, you can get Aliens! It also unlocks the new area, Magnolia Promanade and in that new world there is three pre-made shops, and a lot for you to build your own shop. And as for your problem with starting a new thread, you must have 50 points, 30 posts and an account older than 24hrs. I hope you can start a new thread soon! If you need more advise, go ahead! Enjoy the rest of your day!

Thanks! I think I'll go ahead and buy it.
  • Options

Thanks! I think I'll go ahead and buy it.

Your welcome!
  • Options
  • Options
    It is great that you bought both eps and were able to get them when they were cheaper :) Happy simming !

Thanks @rosemow!
  • Options
    It is great that you bought both eps and were able to get them when they were cheaper :) Happy simming !

Thanks @rosemow!
    You're welcome :)
  • Options
    summertaffy68summertaffy68 Posts: 211 Member
    Honestly, the one I could absolutely not do without is City Living. Though I have all of them, I feel CL is far superior to GTW and GT in every way. I don't make clubs, but I did love Windenburg and that style is amazing. Most of the time I don't even have my Sims work because I just motherlode. But City Living has great apartments, and great views. I love the new careers and build items as well.
    1500x500.jpg