Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

update and upgrade sims 2 please!!!!

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    it has a nice feel just as it is, sure it would be nice if securom was removed though we can get rid of it and if tiny things were patched so corruption wasn't such a worry..but other than that wouldn't change a thing about it. Though you can get pretty lucky even with a risk of corruption and enjoy it just fine so I'll live with that at least while it works.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    SimsplyRuthSimsplyRuth Posts: 1,186 Member
    sims 2 is the best most fun sim game to play, would it be that hard for ea to remaster it with updated graphics and a updated look for the sims. throw in another ep and stuff pack for allllllll of us sims 2 lovers...

Yes, it would take many game programmers and at least hundreds of hours to do what you want done. The updated graphics and updated look for the sims can be found in Sims 3 and Sims 4.
  • Options
    SimsplyRuthSimsplyRuth Posts: 1,186 Member
    Bessieboo wrote: »
    What about a whole new game based on sims 2 with updated graphics etc. Although I cant see EA investing in it.

Sims 3, Sims 4
  • Options
    SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    @SimsplyRuth we all know that none of the games feel like its predecessor so it's unfair to say Sims 3 and 4 are an updated version of The Sims 2. They simply aren't.

I don't feel much for simply a Sims 2 remaster. I would love to see a best parts of all games combined game, including Sims 2 memories, Sims 3 open world and CASt etc.
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited August 2017
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    A dream I waited for too long, new ep new sp for ts2 with new fun natively compatible Windows 10.
    About cc most of them are never really made for ep , 95 per cent are base game compatible only and it's hard to make cc compatible with simpe.

Well this game is other too much old to put it on trash and let's play all sims 4 until a small couple of years before sims 5 or sims 6. I hate the fact in ts3 we got movies done with ts2, in ts4 we got movies done with ts3 and no more novelties for both games, no fixes, just the new game !

Most CC is compatible with the Ultimate Collection and/or all of the EP's. I had absolutely no issues with my CC and I've got tons of CC. The only time you have to worry about CC and compatibility is that anything made before a certain EP would not have any functions from the newer EP. And there are issues with objects created before Pets were released. But anything after that has no issues.

@Seera1024 Indeed. But you miss all the interactions from newest ep with only base game compatible objects that's true ! Even me I don't have the UC but my discs (that's the same game really I am tired of reading there is a big difference between uc and discs, there are NOT except the price).
    You have to use Simpe to make them all compatible with to got the interactions. And the process is very tricky. MATY has got the tutorial for FT and AL. I myself don't understand a thing. The knowledge is for expert and many of the creators didn't have the chance to make the objects ep ready maybe because they ignored how to do or because they only possess the base game or not the full game. Look at the mac user they don't have FT and AL for instance.
    Even the ep and sp objects aren't pets friendly. Lord_Darcy turns ea objects from ep and sp to be pets friendly.

In ts3 you don't need that except for objects pets uses so a couple of very old stuffs is still compatible but your pets can't use them. They are out of the world if so. That's all. But all the rest they are fully compatible even done in 2009. I just wished we don't have to update all the cc in ts2 because we can't have the new interactions and that's sad.

Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Options
    cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Personally, I just hate remasters, reboots, etc of anything. Why would you ever do that, to ANY computer/video game?
    Leave sims 2 the way it is. It perfectly represents the time it was made. And any changes would make it not feel like ts2 to me.
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    edited August 2017
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    No thank you. I will just use CC. It is less risky then letting them put their hands on it. :)

OMG lol great shade

I was playing the other night and took my sims on vacation to the far east vacation spot, and I just noticed how all the Sims on the lot staying in the hotel were hanging out in the hot tub on their own accord. I thought the lot to lot format was what created the magic in the sims 2, but sometimes I just wonder if it's because it was completely how things are done. When you look at Sims 2, there's a lot in it, but there's a LOT less then the other games. Is it really just less is more? It's like in 3 (and 4?) the Sims just literally are capable of using objects but if it isn't about meeting a basic need, it wasn't in the game's code to have them do things. Like, in Sims 2, they are like literally conscious of everything they can do on that lot, and they do it based on what seems to be most appropriate, whereas I go to Sims 3 and take my sims to the same sort of community lot and they all just stand around :o it's such a drastic difference sometimes. I love what 3 offers,but that gameplay is what made it worth it, not the fancy graphics, or the 10,000 objects with gameplay. They don't use them unless instructed anyways. It's like the game is coded for Sims to just respond to what you do and that's it.., whereas in Sims 2, it's tough sometimes to get them to do what you want, because they're busying doing their own thing.

It's like Sims 3 has a free will option that doesn't even work. lol

• Options
    cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Conclue wrote: »

I've definitely noticed that. Its like theyre stupid. In 2 and 4 you can pretty much let the clock run and they will live their lives but you cant really do that in 3. Thats why I like to play 2 and 4 when I dont have a lot of time or am tired or something, as it is a lot more calm and relaxing and 3 you pretty much are forced to micromanage their existence.
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Conclue wrote: »
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    No thank you. I will just use CC. It is less risky then letting them put their hands on it. :)

OMG lol great shade

I was playing the other night and took my sims on vacation to the far east vacation spot, and I just noticed how all the Sims on the lot staying in the hotel were hanging out in the hot tub on their own accord. I thought the lot to lot format was what created the magic in the sims 2, but sometimes I just wonder if it's because it was completely how things are done. When you look at Sims 2, there's a lot in it, but there's a LOT less then the other games. Is it really just less is more? It's like in 3 (and 4?) the Sims just literally are capable of using objects but if it isn't about meeting a basic need, it wasn't in the game's code to have them do things. Like, in Sims 2, they are like literally conscious of everything they can do on that lot, and they do it based on what seems to be most appropriate, whereas I go to Sims 3 and take my sims to the same sort of community lot and they all just stand around :o it's such a drastic difference sometimes. I love what 3 offers,but that gameplay is what made it worth it, not the fancy graphics, or the 10,000 objects with gameplay. They don't use them unless instructed anyways. It's like the game is coded for Sims to just respond to what you do and that's it.., whereas in Sims 2, it's tough sometimes to get them to do what you want, because they're busying doing their own thing.

:D

I think it is because everything they did in 2 they did in detail. They just didn't throw a bunch of stuff in, what there is, is fleshed out. I think that is what the biggest difference is. Now they just toss stuff in and everything seems so disconnected.
  • Options
    ChristianSimFanChristianSimFan Posts: 546 Member
    I actually like the way it is. :P
  • Options
    DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    If we could just get rid of the bugs that would be nice, but I don't want a new Sims 2, the game is great the way it is.
  • Options
    WarGreymon77WarGreymon77 Posts: 127 Member
    Is there no way to download the old Maxis-made objects that used to be hosted on the website? I miss my Christmas tree.
  • Options
    DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    Mod the Sims might have what your looking for or MATY