Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuff Pack gameplay feature vote results!

Comments

• Options
    lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    Well no need for me voting on this anymore. I just hope they don't trash the other projects and bring them in the game. I guess I buy this pack when it's on sale.
  • Options
    rp_girlrp_girl Posts: 103 Member
    > @somethingstellar said:
    > New plan.
    > I'll plunk my money in to the Sims 3 expansions I don't have, stop buying Sims 4 packs until the series is over, and then only buy them when they're half price hahahahaha I'll save oodles of money this way. I just won't be up to date on the latest gossip.

lol I did that with sims 3
  • Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member

Again, I don't doubt it people in favor of either four choices figured something similar out and took advantage of the survey. But, to be honest, this all is just really questionable. Why would they ever put laundry beneath an Eco living theme in the first place? I think there's a lot of bias going around behind the scenes, because any team capable of producing a best-selling franchise would have been able to predict that players would have flocked to the laundry like moths to flame. There really was no point for this gameplay feature survey. It gave everyone a false sense of hope, and I'm sure EA knows that they've lost a decent amount of potential buyers by playing it all this way.

Every single theme that they put to vote can be found in the Ideas forum. The lack of death and danger, arcade, weddings, laundry, etc. They stated at the very beginning that they were putting up the ideas with the most requests. Laundry just so happens to be the thing that won. They combined ideas underneath general themes, but nothing was concrete.

Take the Death Pack for example. Some people wanted to focus on the calamity of death, the introduction of burglars, and new ways to die. Others, wanted to focus on adding cemeteries and funerals (everything AFTER death, so to speak). If that was the theme that won, we would have voted on 1,000 Ways to Die vs. Funerals. So, even that theme could have gone in many directions and the final name of it would reflect that.

Edited for weird quoting issues

1000 ways to die would have been so cool lmao
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    I was fine with anything winning, I'm kinda happy off the grid didn't win, don't get me wrong I love the idea of it I just don't see it as a stuff pack more like a full fleshed out game pack. Its great the ideas that were mentioned but stuff packs only come with a few objects if I want a full out off the grid pack.
  • Options
    ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    New plan.
    I'll plunk my money in to the Sims 3 expansions I don't have, stop buying Sims 4 packs until the series is over, and then only buy them when they're half price hahahahaha I'll save oodles of money this way. I just won't be up to date on the latest gossip.

What I was planing until vampires (which I still got on sale), and am continuing to do now .
  • Options
    IgneousGeldingIgneousGelding Posts: 393 Member
    Every single theme that they put to vote can be found in the Ideas forum. The lack of death and danger, arcade, weddings, laundry, etc. They stated at the very beginning that they were putting up the ideas with the most requests. Laundry just so happens to be the thing that won. They combined ideas underneath general themes, but nothing was concrete.

Take the Death Pack for example. Some people wanted to focus on the calamity of death, the introduction of burglars, and new ways to die. Others, wanted to focus on adding cemeteries and funerals (everything AFTER death, so to speak). If that was the theme that won, we would have voted on 1,000 Ways to Die vs. Funerals. So, even that theme could have gone in many directions and the final name of it would reflect that.

Edited for weird quoting issues[/quote]

I can't see how adding laundry to an eco friendly theme is at all justifiable. It should've gotten its own theme. I would be less disappointed if I knew we were voting for features in a domestic activities pack rather than an eco living one.
    Origin ID: graple2001
    I build things and sometimes share them. I'm not hogging, I'm just slow. I've recently wiped my gallery, so there might not be stuff up for a while.tumblr_nabmnaWdl21s7ujplo1_500.gif
  • Options
    rp_girl wrote: »
    > @somethingstellar said:
    > New plan.
    > I'll plunk my money in to the Sims 3 expansions I don't have, stop buying Sims 4 packs until the series is over, and then only buy them when they're half price hahahahaha I'll save oodles of money this way. I just won't be up to date on the latest gossip.

lol I did that with sims 3

Smart hahahahaha
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    00Nur00Nur Posts: 84 Member
    edited June 2017
    Some feedback that likely would have changed the results:

A ranked ballot system would have made it very clear that though a vocal majority had laundry as a first choice, there likely would have been a much larger majority that would've ranked it as their least preferable choice. Had we been able to rank the choices 1 through 4 based on level of preference, (and with highest preference being worth 4 "points", then 3 "points, etc). we could have seen a much different result.

This. Hopefully internally the devs, in the future, can have access to this sort of breakdown to help encourage some of the bypassed awesome choices to resurface if they see a market for it.

Otherwise, I am hoping not to see this vote thing happen again. If they had just released this, I'd have bought it automatically. Now seeing so many great items, clothing, and features not make the grade and seeing what did make it has me rethinking buying it. Which, as a sims fan, that's a shame.

That said, congratulations to all who got the features they wanted and thank you to everyone who voted properly and participated. I really enjoyed the time that went into explaining how the sausage is made and never realized how many great ideas or items never make it off the table. This peek behind the curtain was fascinating!

• Options
    szMermaidszMermaid Posts: 254 Member
    I like the clothesline, though.
    xyIcMqt.png

If you would like to see Off-The-Grid, Canning/Preserving, and Freegan/Carbon Conscious be made in to a Game Pack or EP, sign the petition!: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/921310/off-the-grid-gamepack-petition-374-signatures/p1?new=1
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member

I can't see how adding laundry to an eco friendly theme is at all justifiable. It should've gotten its own theme. I would be less disappointed if I knew we were voting for features in a domestic activities pack rather than an eco living one.

I agree that it would have been nicer if it wasn't classified as Eco, but it literally said domestic responsibilities in the vote...

surv.png
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Awesome Laundry won!!! I also see people throwing shade and drinking bitter very bitter tea. I'm in the cool shade drinking the oh so good sweet ice tea. Cheers stay bitter my friends :p
  • Options
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    Awesome Laundry won!!! I also see people throwing shade and drinking bitter very bitter tea. I'm in the cool shade drinking the oh so good sweet ice tea. Cheers stay bitter my friends :p

Meh, I save ten bucks hahahaha EA doesn't need it anyway, they have lots of people with money to blow to on digital washing machines. I'll just buy my own iced tea with it ;)
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    *breathes sigh of relief* I would have been worried for the state of the forum atmosphere if Laundry hadn't won.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    szMermaid wrote: »

Where did you see this? Just curious because I can't remember seeing it
  • Options
    [quote="Briana2425;c-15860642"]Awesome Laundry won!!! I also see people throwing shade and drinking bitter very bitter tea. I'm in the cool shade drinking the oh so good sweet ice tea. Cheers stay bitter my friends :p [/quote]

People can be dissapointed. That's how the process works. Even if you voted for laundry, it's very easy to see that there was bias involved.
    I build things and sometimes share them. I'm not hogging, I'm just slow. I've recently wiped my gallery, so there might not be stuff up for a while.tumblr_nabmnaWdl21s7ujplo1_500.gif
  • Options
    BeJaWa wrote: »
    szMermaid wrote: »

Where did you see this? Just curious because I can't remember seeing it

It was mentioned as one of the objects that could break and be repaired or whatever.
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    I'll say congrats to those who wanted it, but It does feel like we were lied to with a theme like "Eco living." Now it's more like Sunroom living.
  • Options
    PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    I am just grateful to be involved in this Process.... Thank you..
  • Options
    I'll say congrats to those who wanted it, but It does feel like we were lied to with a theme like "Eco living." Now it's more like Sunroom living.

Omg I was thinking that wicker furniture would be best in a sun room.
    Or a patio in Oasis
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    Not surprised. I'm just genuinely curious on how ironing works and what purpose could it possibly serve...
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited June 2017
    I have a strong suspicion that it will not be difficult for them to come up with these new washer and dryer designs which means they could've been added in a pack we already have.

Why weren't they? What's been the hold up? Clearly people worldwide have wanted this for years so I'm curious why they haven't already been put in the game.
  • Options
    [quote="Chazzzy;c-15860672"]I have a strong suspicion that it will not be difficult for them to come up with these new washer and dryer designs which means they could've been added in a pack we already have. Why weren't they? What's been the hold up? Clearly people worldwide have wanted this for years so I'm curious why they haven't already been put in the game. [/quote]

Exactly. Something's wrong here.
  • Options
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I have a strong suspicion that it will not be difficult for them to come up with these new washer and dryer designs which means they could've been added in a pack we already have.

Why weren't they? What's been the hold up? Clearly people worldwide have wanted this for years so I'm curious why they haven't already been put in the game.

So they could charge you ten dollars for it right after charging you $40 for a pack it should have been in hahahaha
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited June 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »

What evidence do you have to support this "strong suspicion"? Cause it sounds like wild conjecture.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top