Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

******** UPDATE****** APOLOGY ****NOT HAPPY AT ALL ECO STUFF PACK******** UPDATE****** APOLOGY

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    Well, looking at the picture of the winner, I see ironing board hangers clothes basket with folded clothes. 3 tall bins to separate your clothes. with wood on top to lift up or down. also, garbage recycles cans. we do not recycle our clothes. all things for a laundry room so maybe they wanted you to hand wash. or perhaps it's a river close by.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    Wow..why do we have to vote for it?? I am pretty sure 90% of the people who chose the eco pack over other packs was because of the laundry option. This pack is turning out to be the worse pack ever for me. I picked it because I wanted modern eco stuff and the other art style wins. Then I am like well at least we get laundry and now I hear we have to vote for it...UGH!!

Ah well, glad I am on a Sims 4 break until some of these crazy bugs are addressed.

I just feel as if it was kind of... (don't know a proper English word here) ... fishy/scammy/dishonest (?) that they added Laundry to the list of possible features in the first place. There was a whole lot of discussion around just that thing on these forums right before the survey. So of course, whichever pack listed laundry would almost certainly win no matter its actual theme.
    Then the art styles. We have so much modern stuff already (though I wanted more too, like you) that the country-ish style would be rather likely to win too.

It just overall feels as if the entire stuff pack was already planned before, they just couldn't decide which exact pieces of furniture and clothing should be in. They were going certain to make eco-living in a country style win. At least it very much seems like it.
  • Options
    geoffreypageoffreypa Posts: 355 Member
    lol, I did a community services course at Tafe in Australia and I know how to stack a vote, The most out standing word in eco was laundry. People are calling it the laundry pack and the said Guru new this that's why the first vote had examples in it, which if your wanting an unbiased vote YOU DON'T DO. So don't worry you will get laundry.
  • Options
    Sims_4funnSims_4funn Posts: 103 Member
    geoffreypa wrote: »
    lol, I did a community services course at Tafe in Australia and I know how to stack a vote, The most out standing word in eco was laundry. People are calling it the laundry pack and the said Guru new this that's why the first vote had examples in it, which if your wanting an unbiased vote YOU DON'T DO. So don't worry you will get laundry.

Awesome!! I really had to go back and recheck the language because I was so convinced not only was laundry a basic default in the description, but I swore I saw a washer and dryer in the picture!!! Wow... Thanks for your knowledge and comment... I guess this is that good old, marketing, mind control, subliminal stuff. Very funny
  • Options
    SailorTinNyankoSailorTinNyanko Posts: 5 New Member
    Awww... Arcade would have been an option? I love Gachapon and UFO Catchers. aka Gumball Machines and Claw Machines.

There are a number of laundry systems that are considered Eco Friendly. Japan has one of the best. Most households have a system where water from bathing is collected by the washing machine. Then it can be used for laundry. Most households do not have a dryer though and hang their clothes outside to dry. If the house has a heating system it tends to be kept in the same place at the washing machine so that if it's bad outside clothes can be hung in the hottest section of the house. There are washers that also dry, too, but they aren't common in households and some times aren't as powerful as a dryer in other countries. In Japan some toilets recycle water used for washing your hands, doing dishes, or bathing. So there are many things in Japan that might be good sources of inspiration when it comes to water usage in homes not entirely off the grid but still trying to be eco friendly.

Another eco friendly and off the grid feature that might be good to look at are Solar Powered Windows. If an entire town could be built with Solar Powered things there are also sidewalks, bridges, lights, public bathrooms, crosswalks,... I know it all starts to sound really strange but the energy collected helps power companies produce more power and most things are button or motion activated. So while they collect power all day they only activate when people are close to them or touch something.
  • Options
    JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Having seen the choices I am going to be disappointed no matter what wins because I want it all and I want it now.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    geoffreypa wrote: »

Looking back at the pictures at the top of the post I can see the evidence of stacking. The dice were loaded and a certain feature that shall not be mentioned won handily. When I think 'eco friendly' things like alternative energy, recycling, living off the land, organic gardening, off the grid, and such come to mind.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2017
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Washer and dryers are not eco friendly. They are the opposite of eco friendly. How would someone living off the grid have enough power for huge appliances? If your talking about a wash tub and clothes line, well that might have a shot, but a washer and dryer should not ever be in an eco friendly pack. Anyway, I firmly believe that with all the interest in laundry, there will be a laundry pack with both old and new washers and dryers and, hopefully, a Laundromat for my single sims to meet while doing laundry on a late Friday night.

I think the eco friendly pack will be focused on simpler living, more off the grid style with windmills and solar panels and less electronics. If anyone thought washers and dryers should be in an eco friendly pack, then they should do some research on what eco friendly means.

Does anyone realize solar panels aren't 'free'. You still pay a utility company for your 'solar power' and the electrical company for other parts of your electricty. So instead of paying one company you are paying two. Because most houses can't accomodate total solar power, but even if they could you would still be purchasing that power (solar) from a company. It's not a thing like 'let's put in some solar panels to be kind to the earth and not have to pay a power bill anymore'. It just doesn't work that way and never will. Someone will be in control no matter what.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Awww... Arcade would have been an option? I love Gachapon and UFO Catchers. aka Gumball Machines and Claw Machines.

There are a number of laundry systems that are considered Eco Friendly. Japan has one of the best. Most households have a system where water from bathing is collected by the washing machine. Then it can be used for laundry. Most households do not have a dryer though and hang their clothes outside to dry. If the house has a heating system it tends to be kept in the same place at the washing machine so that if it's bad outside clothes can be hung in the hottest section of the house. There are washers that also dry, too, but they aren't common in households and some times aren't as powerful as a dryer in other countries. In Japan some toilets recycle water used for washing your hands, doing dishes, or bathing. So there are many things in Japan that might be good sources of inspiration when it comes to water usage in homes not entirely off the grid but still trying to be eco friendly.

Another eco friendly and off the grid feature that might be good to look at are Solar Powered Windows. If an entire town could be built with Solar Powered things there are also sidewalks, bridges, lights, public bathrooms, crosswalks,... I know it all starts to sound really strange but the energy collected helps power companies produce more power and most things are button or motion activated. So while they collect power all day they only activate when people are close to them or touch something.

That's so cool. I have never heard about this before!
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!