Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lazy Gamer's Fitness SP review is now up

123457...Next

Comments

• Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    After watching this review (and reading through this entire thread omg) I am definitely not getting this pack. At least not for full price, and definitely only for the furniture....
    I'm usually way into cas, but what was shown in this pack was just meh. The one mans hair? Simply terrible.
    Another treadmill and weight machine? I already have 2 or 3 of each, they do look nice but pass.
    I'm intrigued by killing sims by fire from the rock wall though.....
    I've been trying to not buy anything for the sims at all, I don't have vintage glamour, bowling, parenthood, and now this. But I might buy vintage glamour(full price prolly) and that'll be that....
    No burger though, I think I'm having pizza tonight...
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    I am pretty sure that the LGR's could care less if you decided to buy the burger or the SP. He leaves that decision totally up to you. He is just offering you his valid opinion on it. So what is it that you blame him for? A opinion that differs from your own?
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »
    I am pretty sure that the LGR's could care less if you decided to buy the burger or the SP. He leaves that decision totally up to you. He is just offering you his valid opinion on it. So what is it that you blame him for? A opinion that differs from your own?
    +1

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    I do like to watch LGR's reviews, even though I generally disagree with them. I like how he generally showcases what is in the pack and shows the different items. I could care less as to what he thinks, my playstyle and how I play are way different from his. The things I enjoy he obviously does not. In the end, my purchasing decisions are not based on his words.

But as much as I like to watch his reviews, I love to read the forums afterwards. The flame wars from the ones who treat his words as gospel and go ballistic over anyone who disagrees with his reviews vs those who think he is a hack and wonder why the guy has followers to begin wtih ...

Its priceless.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited June 2017
    nakibot wrote: »
    Aine wrote: »
    I find it absolutely hilarious that people are saying that LGR is a bad reviewer. :D It's obvious that many many sims fans think he's a fantastic reviewer and gives a good insight into packs. He might have a sarcastic tone, and that might not be for everyone, but I and many other sim fans thoroughly enjoy his insightful tirades and descriptions. :D It's very important to me that when I buy a pack I not only watch the official live stream, but also watch his reviews to get the details on how features work etc. I don't agree with every single word LGR says about a pack - It's possible for me to still enjoy his reviews and get valuable information out of them. I feel like alot of the people that are saying he's a bad reviewer might be children that get upset that their favorite game is being criticized. Kids, it's okay to like something even though others don't, and it's okay to like a review of someone you disagree with. For fracks sake, it's like a middle school in here sometimes. :D
    Mendota wrote: »
    At last others are beginning to see what I have always seen. He doesn't understand that when you review something, it is not about you, but about the target audience. As an IT professional, I myself am not a Mac fan, but if asked to give an opinion or review of a Mac, I go with the strengths and reasons it would appeal to Mac fans.
    Have you even watched his reviews? This is exactly what LGR does.

I agree.

He's the only reviewer I watch on YouTube but despite his disappointments and criticisms (some I agree, some I don't), they have never dissuaded me from buying the game and its packs.
    Yeah that is what makes a good reviewer. I also find it funny that people call LGR depressing with his critique about the game when they don't see how their words reflect online too when they critique someone's personality and try to belittle them. At least critiquing the game will benefit the game and the Sims long term rather than someone's online alter ego short-term. I do think it is about the bigger picture as well which @Mendota hinted on, "it is not about you, but the target audience." When we do give critique we do have to remember we are not just speaking for ourselves but for others that are unable to speak as well. We have to take all things into account the positive, the negative, and everything in between. Only then can everyone be happy when inclusion is allowed and not exclusion of just one type. It is something the world is struggling to understand right now.

Businesses do have to take into account the strengths, the weaknesses, and yes the reason of why or why not a customer will buy their product. It is good to focus on a target audience, but keeping that target audience the same will not allow for growth. The Sims series is at an uncertain time on figuring out who exactly is their target audience right now and time will tell how things play out.

Now to check out LGR's review myself which always bring me joy with his humor. It is just the right twisted sense of humor I can relate to.

Ok I did. I loved how he was like neutral with the CAS stuff calling everything "Fine I guess." Totally how I am with CAS too. CAS doesn't sell a pack for me either. Pretty decent review though, but yeah people are free to buy a burger or not or whatever. I guess thing with any reviewer or influencer, take them at entertainment value, but don't let them decide your purchasing decisions or opinions. Make up your own mind and explore a variety of reviewers and feedback is just a good lesson for any purchasing decision or buy on a whim if that is what you choose. LGR did achieve an entertainment goal and made me laugh within 10 minutes which is hard to pull off making someone laugh with any form of media or social site. I love his short videos of entertainment. Allows him time to do other things too like the thrift shop videos or for other games. Oh man @Gruffman true entertainment comes in many forms. <3

I do admit I like the rock wall item. Any object that has fire makes my pyro Sim heart smile with glee. The Destiny type workout dances just make me think of SimGuruGraham, so very amusing too.
    Post edited by Scobre on
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    Oh snap! I actually passed on this pack because I feel I have more than enough workout equipment... but the fact that my sims can die a terrible flame induced death on the climbing wall just elevated it from "not at all interesting" to "oh... oh oh >:) I might need that". LOL
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    Oh snap! I actually passed on this pack because I feel I have more than enough workout equipment... but the fact that my sims can die a terrible flame induced death on the climbing wall just elevated it from "not at all interesting" to "oh... oh oh >:) I might need that". LOL
    Oh you didn't? Yay I'm glad you know about it now. Yeah totally an awesome pyro thing to have. I think it can cause electrocution too which the Sims 4 is also in need of more ways to do. >:)
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Totally craving a burger now. :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    I really want an animal style In N' Out burger now. I need one to move closer to me though. Four hours is too long for a burger.
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    I really want an animal style In N' Out burger now. I need one to move closer to me though. Four hours is too long for a burger.

If you would have said Five Guys, I would say its burger time. I love their burgers.
  • Options
    Gruffman wrote: »
    Scobre wrote: »

If you would have said Five Guys, I would say its burger time. I love their burgers.
    Well that is closer to me than In N' Out. I could easily spend $10 on their burger and fries. I do have to eat the smaller version of their burger. It fills me up fast. They have amazing fries.