Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pack Lunches... Is there a point?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    It's sort of like asking why have bacon and eggs and waffles and toasts and jam etc.? Isn't one food sufficient? Like in The Sims they didn't get to pick a food, it was called dinner, or quick meal. With packed lunches at least you get to choose a ham sandwich or tuna. That's the point variety in how something is packaged and what type of food it can be. Who carries around scrambled eggs in inventory for lunch later that day? Immersion is the name of the game. Might as well ask why have breakfast food, lunch food, or even dinner foods in game? Can't we just get to the point and just have 'dinner' and not worry about what they are eating or so many different dishes? That is the whole point.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    tiffrenee07tiffrenee07 Posts: 682 Member
    I think it's a bug because my sim was hungry at work and didn't eat her packed lunch.
  • Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    My Sim, Ayana packs a lunch for her man. Her kid is a toddler. Zeke doesn't always have time for breakfast before work. I may have him workout when he wakes up and then he showers. So, the packed lunch helps even the adults. :)
  • Options
    pihwhtpihwht Posts: 39 Member
    I think making the sack lunch gives a boost to responsibility to children and teens.
  • Options
    brackencat31brackencat31 Posts: 318 Member
    I ve used the sack lunch quite a lot in the active careers, my doctor packs his lunch every morning before he goes to work, I like the realism of it, I frequently take lunch to work in real life x
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    lasummerb wrote: »
    My Sim, Ayana packs a lunch for her man. Her kid is a toddler. Zeke doesn't always have time for breakfast before work. I may have him workout when he wakes up and then he showers. So, the packed lunch helps even the adults. :)

My male Sim Ollie took a piece of his wife's Sweet Potato Pie for lunch -- she has Fresh Chef trait so the food never spoils -- when he didn't have time for breakfast (his twins just aged up to toddler and they're enough of a handful in the morning that she can use the extra hands. They have an older daughter, Kiara, but she's pretty self-sufficient.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    They should make an option on your sim to 'eat pack lunch', like those options you get to "work hard", "take it easy", etc.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    SonntamSonntam Posts: 25 Member
    It's pretty annoying how I pack lunches for the entire family, because they are VERY hungry when they go to school/work, but they... simply don't eat it and it gets spoiled. Come on! Their hunger bar gets filled all by itself and no one wants to eat the excellent home cooked meals!? If this is a bug, I hope it gets fixed soon.
  • Options
    stargaysstargays Posts: 2 New Member
    I was really excited about this feature when I discovered it, but I became disappointed pretty quickly. It's annoying that you have to skip breakfast in order for your sim to eat a packed lunch. I'd rather them eat it anyways, even if they're full. It was a cute idea, but it wasn't executed in a way that made me satisfied.