Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you keep yourself from getting bored ??

I need some help !! I WANT to play the sims, and so I do but then after like 1-3 days I'm bored of my family already because I always play the same way. Create girl, get a job, find a husband, get married, have kids, get bored, stop playing!! I play the same way every time, and as hard as I try to take it slow, it never really works !! Please.. HELP!!!! How do you stay inlove with your sims and your game ??

Comments

• Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    yes, that would be boring. So maybe try to make like 5 sims families. make them with at lease 2 teens in each family. make a group get them all to join the teen group give parties and group events. make some of the teens mean, or insane so that it would be fun. make your sims have singing skills or DJ or dance skills. that way you can go out and have a contest. Don't always be the parent. have more teen fun.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    Set a goal or goals for yourself, that could help. The interest in completing them should keep your interest some.

The only advice I can offer...
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    The same way I prevent boredom in any game -- play more than one game. If I had to play the same video game every day I'd get pretty sick of it, whatever it was.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited June 2017
    Well, that's the main problem if that's all you ever do in every playthrough with the sims. Try to get out of your comfort zone.
    I made this little couple with the background of this one guy use to be a surfer back in the day and had met his sweetheart and been with one another for a long time, but hasn't really tied the knot at all. He's an Elder and she's an adult who just got pregnant, so having a kids late in the game, but my sim was more than happy since she wanted to start a family. My older surfer sim is worn out by the kid now being a toddler as it's hard for him to keep up with him. Have them in this cute little trailer, but they'll have to move eventually once the toddler ages up. Probably closer to the ocean like in Widenburg. The only income he makes is by playing his guitar for tips while the wife gardens and sells her produce.

Could always try marrying then divorcing your sim or possibly killing them. Perhap stry yourself a black widow challenge if all you do is make female sims.

Start on a blank lot and have your sim start off from scratch in building them a home from the ground up and filling it with stuff. If you use cheats I'd suggest you don't as it can ruin the challenge. I like giving my Sims a job that isn't a career like having them moonlight as a bartender to earn wages or even being a DJ.

Maybe play as a single mom with a kid? Who is trying to get out of her partying lifestyle now that she has a little one of her own that depends on her.

Just establish your own goals like---If you want you sim to earn money buy running their own business, do so from scratch. Have them self-plublish or have a publisher in making wages from making their own music to writing their own books.

Maybe a big sister having to take care of their sibling since mom or dad passed away and trying to go to school at the same time.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    play challenges
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    I agree with the others, play challenges or structured things (like completing sim wishes) to force you to try new things.

Other than that I recommend taking a break from sims. I can go months without playing and then find when I come back to it it's all fun and exciting again.

Random question maybe, but do you find yourself getting bored with lots of things in this way or is it just sims?
  • Options
    SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    Here's the List of available challenges for TS4.
    There's a bunch. Just read through them. You're bound to find something that interests you. If you play it and don't like it, you can always try another. Hope you find something. I do my own thing with the Legacy Challenge, myself. Good Luck :)

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/906643/sims-4-challenge-list-updated-apr-10th-2017/p1
  • Options
    kemiszkemisz Posts: 602 Member
    I like to do lots of things when I find I'm in a sims rut:

1) Play rotationally.
    2) get the sims out of the house and doing stuff.
    3) create drama
    4) create a challenge
    5) find out what other people are doing

Hope that helps!
    My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.

• Options
    Dayvon64Dayvon64 Posts: 493 Member
    What I do is create a story, but a loose story. I feel that having a story and knowing exactly what happens could have the same effect and make it boring because you know what will happen. So make a story and just sort of go along with whatever happens, don't be afraid to try new things and get dirty. 1 huge reason I get bored is because sometimes I play The Sims as if they are me, I make them do things or eat things I'd eat and not do things I'd not do. I don't know what what packs you have but if you have a few you should stop and realize just how much content you have. If you have Get To Work you can do the kleptomaniac challenge and steal things from people then sell the stolen goods from a small store. With Get Together you can create a multitude of Clubs to do things than just you know have a club. With Bowling Stuff you can create a club and thus have a bowling league. Daughter/Son want a Sleepover? Allow them to make a club with friends and make the club uniforms into pj's and set the club rules and Do's to whatever you'd like and they will follow along (Done this multiple times). Sim having a mid-life crisis? Have them show up to bars at night challenging sims to dance battles and lose or win just for them to realize their passion is to teach other's how to dance(This can go in a variety of directions). From your explanation it seem like you are just playing the ":Nuclear way" which is having a normal family, I've done that every single time I've played Sims and it never works. Throw some drama, stir the pot in the community, live your desires and dreams you had or still have.
  • Options
    its good to just take your sim to visit any other sims at home.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    I'm having quite a good time with just one lone Sim guy with the clumsy trait who's a devoted fisherman, but likes the outdoors. So, he goes on frequent holidays in the woods, collects the necessaries and works on his herbalism. He has a few light romances, but he's too busy with his pursuits to really settle down. Too many fish to catch and plants to tend. :wink:
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I like a story or just taking something from a challenge and making my own rules, I have a file where two sims started off on a small lot with lots of bushes and grass they slept outside with only a shack that held their bathroom. The mother was a klepto so she stole things to get money, and her husband spent most of his time collecting things they had a child and every time they made a little money I'd add a wall or close them they couldn't move until they had six children. That was fun, rotation is always fun with different stories.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member
    I have a vampire and she spends nearly all her time outside visiting places djing and stuff. She only spends a little amount of time indoors to keep her roommates social up.
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    1. Play games a lot different than Sims 4.
    2. Go back to Sims 2 or 3 - sometimes I miss things from 4 and want to go back.
    3. Make yourself stop playing the game for atleast a week.

For n.3 I do this and go on a download spree. I see so many nice things, which makes me want to play the game but can't. Which when I can play again I play for a few days on end and i'm having a lot of fun.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    BethanyShoneBethanyShone Posts: 310 Member
    Try playing a different household, maybe create sims with different/conflicting traits and ambitions? I guess you don't always have to be a parent, maybe try going out and exploring lots and other things your sims can do like join clubs?
  • Options
    FortescueFortescue Posts: 30 Member
    I had the same problem! I played like that for the longest time. I would get bored of the family before the parents even aged up to elders.
    I made a new sim and I've been having the most fun with the new family. He's almost an elder!
    I made a loner scientist. The only kid he has is from when he got abducted. (Although, he was abducted again and I think they knocked him up)
    So, one more alien baby right before he turns into an elder.
    I made his first kid the absolute opposite of him. He's an outgoing jock instead of a loner nerd. Haha
    I'm excited to play through his life too. He just aged up to a teen.
    “I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited June 2017
    I sometimes get bored with playing just my one-family save, one I'm playing on something like legacy rules and without supernaturals/aliens. I find I get bored a lot less often when I'm playing rotationally. In my rotational save, I've got over 50 played households to pick from, and there's almost always one that interests me at any given time. I also have a broad range of stories to pick from: today, I can play "teens abandoned by their mom" or "new YAs trying move on (or not) from their misspent teens" or "nonaging alien teen discovers nonaging emo kid is a vampire" or "how will I get rid of this Sim who's annoying me". (But probably I'll actually play "OMG we have twin toddlers and you never told me you were a criminal" or "large multigenerational new-immigrant family living in the city".) For a month-plus this spring, I went household to household playing up a career here, a relationship or new baby there, and aging up my whole game, which is manual-aging only.

And if I'm still bored, it means I've been playing too long or I'm just not in the right headspace for immersive gaming. Sometimes if it's the second one, I turn to my celebrity Sims save because it's Very Very Silly and amuses me in a way that doesn't require my immersion. Or I just really need to so something else for a while - go out for a long walk or bake something or binge some TV or get finished whatever work is hanging over my head and stopping me from fully enjoying my leisure time. That last one has been my real-life space the last couple of weeks.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Well, you can always buy a new pack, even pick one of the stuff packs you did not get. that's always fun. it's like opening a new gift. :D
  • Options
    LaceyroseLaceyrose Posts: 587 Member
    I play legacy's .. to play any other way, your right.. it is boring, with my favorite legacy being Pinstarr's. Right now, I'm having so much fun with Vlad and his daughter. LOL.. he is so into doing Yoga right now.. and it is funny to watch him, and his daughter can not stay off the computer, and since she is a vampire, she does not get much outside activity, so she is learning garden by using the computer. Watch your sims .. let them do what they want. Create a teenager .. give them what you may consider a challenging trait.. an have fun with that.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    don't focus on just relationships. There's so much more in the game than relationships. Collect the collectibles, do the aspirations and achievements.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I do rotational play because having just one hereditary family eventually gets boring for me. (That's basically how I played the entirety of TS2 back in the day). Switching between the various households keeps things interesting and different.

It depends on your playstyle though. Challenges or legacies can also work. I sometimes create goals in my rotation for a given household as well. That lets me try out a lot of different aspects of the game. I have a few sims who are cops and doctors. I have others who are artists or techie geeks. There's a few who are villains, social-climbing gold diggers or a "brainwashing" religious leader. There are the people who say, "Plum that," and go to hang out around the bars and bowling alleys.

I spend time in all the different worlds and editing various housing as well. One of my SM apartments is on its 3rd active resident in my game. The other two have grown up and moved on.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Well... if you don't mind Mods -

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=586477
    BOOK OF CHAOS

There's four types (flavors) of the BOC -

1 - BASE only (if you only have the base game)
    2 - GTW only (if you only have Get To Work)
    3 - SPA DAY only (if you only got Spa Day)
    4 - SPA DAY + GTW (if you have BOTH Get To Work AND Spa Day)

There are 17 way to kill (or just maim) other Sims! >:)

So far, I've had one of my Sims (Anna Belle) torment Newcrest, plus a Jasmine Holiday (Day Of The Dead version) torment Willow Creek.

Mwahaha! >:)
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    I would just play some different scenario. Like make a sim who can only get through life by stealing stuff from other sims. Or play a homeless sim.

Just recently I started playing rotationally which I haven't done since the Sims 2 (it was the ONLY way I played in Sims 2 so I'm not sure why it took me so long in this game but anyhoo...) and I find this really helps keep things fresh and interesting because there are multiple families going on and I don't have to stay in one household for too long.

I also JUST started a save where I'm making a bunch of low income families on one world, middle income in another, and high income in another. I rotate through the families which I'm adding one by one. I started with a teen and child sibling duo who are homeless and living in a tent. I set my own rules so like no one in the low income zone can own a computer. And only one sim in the household can have a job. That kind of thing. I try to build community lots that match the income of the area. It's been pretty entertaining!

And when all else fails, I play a different game. I've got a lot of choices. My hubby owns all the consoles plus we have some handheld gaming systems too. I've been playing Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns for a solid 2 weeks now on my 3DS. It helps keep me occupied til something new and fun comes out
  • Options
    MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 6,094 Member
    You could try entering in a competition: Building, Storytelling, Movie making, Modeling.
    Try a baby challenge... :)
  • Options
    MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 6,094 Member
    If you know how to mod, then you could also try your luck in a Pose pack comp, or CC comp!