Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This is basically a scam....

Comments

• Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    edited June 2017
    tumblr_o27oo2xox31qcjzvuo3_500.gif
    The-Secret-Life-Of-Pets-GIF-movie-trailers-40144097-500-266.gif

You gotta love it.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    So you're plumbing at them for a rumor? New lows on these forums I see.

I agree it is early to get "up in arms" over a listing but the very limited " Cats and Dogs" title provokes that. Perhaps it will be another game pack? I seem to remember a survey circulating that mentioned dogs.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    lKLoa7.gif
    dogggggggggies.gif
    Sausages!
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    @DeservedCriticism what's with the walls of text in every thread. Not trying to be rude but I think you could probably summarise your points more concisely :)

Brevity is definitely not my talent, I'm afraid. :( I do better being thorough and walking people through in my thoughts, cause I'm always afraid I'll miss something.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    So you're plumbing at them for a rumor? New lows on these forums I see.

I agree it is early to get "up in arms" over a listing but the very limited " Cats and Dogs" title provokes that. Perhaps it will be another game pack? I seem to remember a survey circulating that mentioned dogs.

Exactly, though the title may provoke certain reactions it's not a good idea to act on them, especially when we literally know nothing at all
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I don't like cats so half the EP is already suspect lol
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    If it really is only cats and dogs, then a part of me will be disappointed, yes. However, if the cats and dogs are done well, I think it will be (for me) worth buying.

I never liked toddlers in previous games. To me, they were just another life stage to trudge through. I found them boring and annoying, and tbh I didn't miss them in TS4, but when they were finally reintroduced, I was pleasantly surprised by how much thought had gone into them for this iteration. For the first time, I found them enjoyable to play.

Of the expansions, Pets has always been low on my list of must-haves. I love pets IRL. I love my cats. I love my dog. However, I've never liked pets in The Sims. After the novelty wears off, they tend to get in my way. However, if cats and dogs are handled as well as toddlers were, then I could see myself having a lasting enjoyment for pets in the game. I could see myself granting my sims so many cats because I love cats IRL and would like to love them in The Sims as well. If the trade-off for this is we don't get the little pets (which, imo are nice but never very interesting in game) to play with, then I think I'll be okay with it.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Did you know that TS2 only had cats and dogs and cost that much?
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    The Sims 2: Pets also included gerbils.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Based on Mortimer Goth, TS4 already has rodents.

EDIT:
    Large ones.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    If it really is only cats and dogs, then a part of me will be disappointed, yes. However, if the cats and dogs are done well, I think it will be (for me) worth buying.

I never liked toddlers in previous games. To me, they were just another life stage to trudge through. I found them boring and annoying, and tbh I didn't miss them in TS4, but when they were finally reintroduced, I was pleasantly surprised by how much thought had gone into them for this iteration. For the first time, I found them enjoyable to play.

Of the expansions, Pets has always been low on my list of must-haves. I love pets IRL. I love my cats. I love my dog. However, I've never liked pets in The Sims. After the novelty wears off, they tend to get in my way. However, if cats and dogs are handled as well as toddlers were, then I could see myself having a lasting enjoyment for pets in the game. I could see myself granting my sims so many cats because I love cats IRL and would like to love them in The Sims as well. If the trade-off for this is we don't get the little pets (which, imo are nice but never very interesting in game) to play with, then I think I'll be okay with it.

This is how I feel about pets. I keep actually liking or playing more ways than I use too in the past (with kids and vamps so far) and I'm really hoping Pets in general aren't something I just want to get rid of because they are more annoying than playable. I'll be really happy if they become a part of my sims family regularly.. not just as some challenge I do to have something different to do in the game. So yeah if it's just Cats and Dogs but done well.. I'm good.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Simanite wrote: »

Cats, dogs, small critters such as birds, snakes, hamsters, and more with lots of objects, pet shop functionality if you had OFB, and more.

That was 11 years ago -- 2006.

It's 2017. It's two generations of Sims later. I already have Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on my PC and Sims 3 Pets.

I want better for 40 dollars.

You mean the goal isn't to be barely as good as a game from 11 years ago?!?!

Shocker.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member

Cats, dogs, small critters such as birds, snakes, hamsters, and more with lots of objects, pet shop functionality if you had OFB, and more.

It's 2017. It's two generations of Sims later. I already have Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on my PC and Sims 3 Pets.

Yeah and I'm pretty sure TS4 Pets is going to have plenty of new objects as well as the 2 animals (and probably small pets as well). The only thing that's been "confirmed" from these leaks is that horses aren't in it - that's what I was meaning.
  • Options
    FalyniosFalynios Posts: 298 Member
    > @Sk8rblaze said:
    > Simanite wrote: »
    >
    > Did you know that TS2 only had cats and dogs and cost that much?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Cats, dogs, small critters such as birds, snakes, hamsters, and more with lots of objects, pet shop functionality if you had OFB, and more.
    >
    > That was 11 years ago -- 2006.
    >
    > It's 2017. It's two generations of Sims later. I already have Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on my PC and Sims 3 Pets.
    >
    > I want better for 40 dollars.

40 dollars ain't worth as much now as it was 11 years ago :)
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    edited June 2017
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »

No...THE TITLE SAYS 'Cats & Dogs', not the description. If a title says something it indicates it is the main and probably only focus. If we will get anything, it is one of those 'objects' like the bird-feeder.

It's a pre-order page on a Slovakian website with no image or details or anything....hardly something that should be taken as the gospel truth on the matter at this point. Maybe that's how they just chose to translate the concept in the Slovak language and they are just going off the rumors that are around the various blogging sites. To each his own, but seems like much ado about nothing until we actually have something concrete about a Pets EP to go own.

• Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    OP, your frustrations are shared by many.

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Falynios wrote: »
    > @Sk8rblaze said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Cats, dogs, small critters such as birds, snakes, hamsters, and more with lots of objects, pet shop functionality if you had OFB, and more.
    >
    >
    > It's 2017. It's two generations of Sims later. I already have Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on my PC and Sims 3 Pets.
    >

Wow are we seriously going to make this argument?

JimG72 wrote: »
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »

No...THE TITLE SAYS 'Cats & Dogs', not the description. If a title says something it indicates it is the main and probably only focus. If we will get anything, it is one of those 'objects' like the bird-feeder.

It's a pre-order page on a Slovakian website with no image or details or anything....hardly something that should be taken as the gospel truth on the matter at this point. Maybe that's how they just chose to translate the concept in the Slovak language and they are just going off the rumors that are around the various blogging sites. To each his own, but seems like much ado about nothing until we actually have something concrete about a Pets EP to go own.

@JimG72 I think part of the worry is that it's not just the Slovakian website, but there was also a survey asking what kinds of GPs people would like. Small pets was on the list.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member

Yeah and I'm pretty sure TS4 Pets is going to have plenty of new objects as well as the 2 animals (and probably small pets as well). The only thing that's been "confirmed" from these leaks is that horses aren't in it - that's what I was meaning.

Maybe, but my feedback is mainly just to point out that if this pack is truly focused solely on dogs and cats, I want no part of it. More power to those who think that this will somehow mean more fleshed out dogs and cats. They said the same with bowling and the whole 9 yards, and I don't think that was accurate at all.
    Falynios wrote: »
    > @Sk8rblaze said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Lol, whatever flows through your mind to justify getting you to purchase this, again, more power to you.
  • Options
    > @DeservedCriticism said:
    > Falynios wrote: »
    >
    > > @Sk8rblaze said:
    > > Simanite wrote: »
    > >
    > > Did you know that TS2 only had cats and dogs and cost that much?
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Cats, dogs, small critters such as birds, snakes, hamsters, and more with lots of objects, pet shop functionality if you had OFB, and more.
    > >
    > > That was 11 years ago -- 2006.
    > >
    > > It's 2017. It's two generations of Sims later. I already have Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on my PC and Sims 3 Pets.
    > >
    > > I want better for 40 dollars.
    >
    > 40 dollars ain't worth as much now as it was 11 years ago :)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Wow are we seriously going to make this argument?

what argument? there's almost a 10 dollar difference in buying power. There's nothing to argue there, it's just a fact 🐸🐸🐸🐸
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I hope we'll get little pets.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    > @Sk8rblaze said:

> Lol, whatever flows through your mind to justify getting you to purchase this, again, more power to you.

Economics isn't something that just flows through my mind? It's like, an actual thing. The fact that you believe so kind of scares me.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top