Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Include "Age customization option", like how with the transgender one.

DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
edited May 2017 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I think can be fixed and arranged with a default tag place that's respective to their life stage. Towny teens would spawn with clothes that can help simmers distinguish them from older sims, and you could always remove the tag when when creating/changing your teen.

Children and toddlers should have variety and be able to choose teens, adults and elder clothes, but by default they should get a tag in cas that limits it to that extent.

This thing is basically like the principle of gender customization options. You aren't force to use, but it is optional. This would add customization/flexibility for players who want to put adult/ya/teen/elder clothes on children and/or toddlers. Teens and elder should by default get in their respective age tag in cas mode that limits the choice of clothing, but with the option to remove the tag at any time to expand the choices and overpass the limit. This would help simmers to distinguish them from the rest of the grown age groups. Of course, townies should still be limit based on the tag.
NNpYlHF.jpg

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2017
    To summarize:
    • Children clothing should come in a form of a tag, which can be removed/filtered out, named "Child".
      • Removing the tag should unlock elder/ya/adult/teen/toddler clothing for them.
      • Towny children should still spawn with "child" clothing, to make their fashion relevant/realistic.
    • ^ Same goes for toddlers with their respective tag.
    • Teen and Elder clothing should be limited, but again - by implanting their respective age named tag. These townies should spawn with the respective limited fashion, to help players distinguish from other grown age groups, especally teen from ya&adult.
    • YA and adult clothing should be categorize in their respective age named tag, which in removing it should unlock clothing for them from other lifestages.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    @SimGuruDrake please move this thread to TS4 Feedback.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    Eh?

How would clothes beyond child stage fit on a child anyway?
  • Options
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    Eh?

How would clothes beyond child stage fit on a child anyway?
    How does a child turn into a teen in his one birthday through a childhood? On a serious, when I said children should be able to choose teen-elder clothing, I did meant they should be shrunken down, like as If put in a washer.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    dg51829dg51829 Posts: 300 Member
    I think they would have to make all of it alerted for children. That would be an extensive job. They could odd more diversity in kids clothing. Like give the an 'old timey' style, 'hip' style, 'edgy modern' style, ect. Having little kids walking around in grandpa and grandpa's childhood clothes would be adorable. Or little kids mimicking their parents style but still have that child feel.
  • Options
    AutumnBladenAutumnBladen Posts: 295 Member
    please move this thread to TS4 Feedback.

I personally don't see how this thread belongs in the feedback section so much as the ideas section since you aren't critiquing the current game, but offering up new ideas.
  • Options
    AutumnBladenAutumnBladen Posts: 295 Member
    Also, I think making specific clothes for teens, young adults, adults, and elders is a bit much. I mean I get it that you want to put the clothing for those age groups on children, but I don't see any reason why a teen and elder cant wear the same t-shirt and pair of jeans or whatever. Plus, whose to say what is appropriate for what age group because your opinion of that will differ from mine and mine will differ from someone elses as well.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Also, I think making specific clothes for teens, young adults, adults, and elders is a bit much. I mean I get it that you want to put the clothing for those age groups on children, but I don't see any reason why a teen and elder cant wear the same t-shirt and pair of jeans or whatever. Plus, whose to say what is appropriate for what age group because your opinion of that will differ from mine and mine will differ from someone elses as well.
    The Way I counter-argument that bolded part: If you look at how EA provide us the tools to create transgender people, by default it is disabled as off/disable, I don't see why they should the same for teens (disabling teens to certain clothing and setting it off by default in their cas 'wardrobe'). Nobody does say what is appropriate and what isn't, but I'm just saying that doesn't really makes sense as why teens shouldn't be limited when sims don't get transgender firsthand in cas without having to tick checkboxes and what not. If you want teens to be in any clothes, you can just remove their "Teen" tag and there ya go (according to my suggestion). I'm providing you options with full customization for each simmer to choose how to use them.

I'm just helping players who find a difficulty how they have hard time distinguishing those towny stretch-sports from adults, by remedied one of the problems: one of them being unlimited clothing. Of course, this come in cheat that allows the teen townies spawn in any age-dedicated clothing regardless of how old they are. So people can enjoy more diversive/variety in towny teens with different style.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I did meant they should be shrunken down, like as If put in a washer.
    I don't think you understand the amount of work that would require.
    A part of the reason why teens through to elder are the same size is for the game makers to not have to do all that extra work.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    KandyKandy Posts: 2,008 Member
    I don't know if you've ever played TS3, but putting children in adult clothing leads to some... horrific creations. And scaling those clothes down, as others have said, takes an immense amount of work. As @Movotti said, there's a reason teens-elders are the same size (whether or not you think that reason/decision was a good one)
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Fair point on the children part. However, for teens - without a clothing limit (tag; that would be TOGGLABLE), it still remains a problem. We have gender customization toggled-OFF by default for a reason, so I don't see a reason why teens should have their set of clothing&accesory options define by a tag filter. It would make easier to tell apart towny teens from adults.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    HyunHeeHyunHee Posts: 390 Member
    Kandy wrote: »
    I don't know if you've ever played TS3, but putting children in adult clothing leads to some... horrific creations. And scaling those clothes down, as others have said, takes an immense amount of work. As @Movotti said, there's a reason teens-elders are the same size (whether or not you think that reason/decision was a good one)

I agree.
    2vc864m.jpg

• Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited July 2018
    REALLY don't think toddlers and children should even have an option to wear adult clothes, especially for the female variety as some of it could be considered inappropriate on children. A few things I've seen looked nice on kids from certain conversions I've seen from CC creators, but between plunging necklines with some dresses and how short and tight some are ehhh....idk if I even want that option.

Teenager wise it wouldn'dt be a bad idea to have filters for certain townies to wear clothing that probably has a teenage filter to it for teen sims, but still doesn't feel most townies as some may just look much older even with certain clothing if randomized with the filter option for what the game would consider for 'teenagers'. Really all just comes down to preference. Guess the filter would be pretty useful when in cas when you want to randomize an outfit with filters, but again all preference to how you want your teens to look.

Not to mention I probably won't be able to tell what's teen related in clothing and what's not. Least when I was a teen I was wore things like a t-shirt and jeans. XD

I usually just tend to go into cas.editmode and just edit certain teens to look more like teens which isn't hard. I like that teenagers isn't locked to specific clothing. Think it's more so the look of teenagers at times that throw ones off opposed to clothing. Though I've met some adults with a pretty youtful look I thought may have been a teenager. Townies are strange. XD

When I think teenagers I always think skinny jeans, joggers and flannels.
    Post edited by LadyKyn on
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    HarlowandMeHarlowandMe Posts: 231 Member
    I would love this, if they could have this I would love to make my moms match there daughters, and dads match there sons.It would be a big job, But I do love this Idea:)) I love the clothes I have in all my packs. I would love for some of the city living dresses be for kids and toddlers, and ect. I mean people do abuse everything. You can not change that. But I would love that if they added this in:)))
  • Options
    EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey folks,
    I just noticed that this thread had some new comments posted only recently. However, I had to remove those as they were off topic and started to derail the discussion in a way that is not appropriate for this forum.
    Thanks for your understanding. :)